1. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
3. What was Helen Keller's first word?
4. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
5. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
6. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
7. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
8. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
9. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
This section contains 3,505 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)