|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interesting word did Brian use to describe a bus in his story?
2. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
(a) e.e. cummings.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) W.B. Yeats.
3. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
4. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They added them to their stories.
(b) They practiced spelling them.
(c) They read them together out loud.
(d) They made sentences together with them.
5. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She had the students spell the words from other students.
(b) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(c) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(d) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
2. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
3. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
4. Who referred to dance as the "one complete expression" of a human's many faculties?
5. What author, quoted by Ashton-Warner, advocated hitting children as punishment?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)