|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
(d) Peaceful readings.
2. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were lost.
(b) They were in fair condition.
(c) They were in pristine condition.
(d) They were in tatters.
3. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To the math room.
(b) To another room for history.
(c) To another room for science.
(d) Outside for games.
4. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
(a) A mallet.
(b) An axe.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
5. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(b) She had the students spell the words from other students.
(c) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(d) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the snail nicknamed?
2. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
3. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
4. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
5. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)