|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) One page.
(b) Three sentences.
(c) One whole paragraph.
(d) Half a page.
3. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
4. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(b) They wrote stories using the words.
(c) They read the words silently to themselves.
(d) They read the words to the teacher.
5. What is a "taiaha"?
(a) A protective shield.
(b) A flint knife.
(c) A totem pole.
(d) A wooden spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
2. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
3. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
4. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
5. What pet did Matawhero bring to school in "Post Holiday Notes?"
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)