|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
2. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
(c) Peaceful readings.
3. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
(a) An axe.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A mallet.
4. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
(a) Full page stories.
(b) Three page stories.
(c) Two or three paragraphs.
(d) Ten sentences.
5. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Love and sex.
(b) Fear and hate.
(c) Fear and sex.
(d) Fear and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
2. Which student did Ashton-Warner say had to talk to the teacher every time she read a story?
3. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
4. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
5. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)