|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
2. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
(a) 800 years.
(b) 600 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
3. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Do a science experiment.
(b) Read a story.
4. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
5. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
(a) A tree.
(b) A triangle.
(c) An eye.
(d) A dart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
2. What pet did Matawhero bring to school in "Post Holiday Notes?"
3. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
4. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
5. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)