|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
2. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
3. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
4. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
(a) Red paint.
(b) Yellow crayon.
(c) Red chalk.
(d) Blue powder.
5. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
(a) 800 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 600 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
2. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
3. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
4. What was Helen Keller's first word?
5. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)