|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
(a) A mallet.
(b) A knife.
(c) An axe.
(d) A gun.
2. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) A volcano.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A tsunami.
3. What author, quoted by Ashton-Warner, advocated hitting children as punishment?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) E.M. Forster.
4. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
(a) 1:00 to 2:00.
5. How did Ashton-Warner react after the "June incident"?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She considered quitting.
(c) She could not sleep at night.
(d) She quickly forgot about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "pa"?
2. Who referred to dance as the "one complete expression" of a human's many faculties?
3. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
4. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
5. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)