|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To another room for history.
(b) Outside for games.
(c) To the math room.
(d) To another room for science.
2. What fictional character did Matawhero remind Ashton-Warner?
(b) Christopher Robin.
(c) Winnie the Pooh.
(d) Peter Pan.
3. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
4. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
(a) Ten sentences.
(b) Two or three paragraphs.
(c) Three page stories.
(d) Full page stories.
5. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
2. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
3. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
4. What is a "waiata"?
5. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)