|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
(a) One in a thousand.
(b) One in five hundred.
(c) One in ten thousand.
(d) One in a hundred.
2. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
3. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
4. What is a "pakeha"?
(a) A child.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A white person.
(d) A chief.
5. Which basketball-playing student claimed she would not return to school after being punished for bad behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
2. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
4. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
5. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)