|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
2. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and sex.
(b) Fear and hate.
(c) Love and sex.
(d) Fear and love.
3. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
(a) His coming-of-age.
(b) His baptism.
(c) His anniversary.
(d) His graduation.
4. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The discussions.
(b) The teaching of spelling.
(c) The teaching of grammar.
(d) The practice in reading aloud.
5. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Do a science experiment.
(c) Read a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
2. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
3. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
4. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
5. How many Maori readers did Aston-Warner hand-print?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)