|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
(d) One hundred.
2. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
(a) Joe Joe.
3. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
(a) The professor.
(b) The student.
(c) The artist.
(d) The parent.
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl told the students what to write.
(b) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(c) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(d) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
5. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori warclub.
(b) A Maori hat.
(c) A Maori dance.
(d) A Maori village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
2. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
3. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
4. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
5. What did Brian mean by the term he used to describe the bus in his story?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)