|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in fair condition.
(b) They were in tatters.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were in pristine condition.
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(b) Save the Children.
(c) Red Cross.
(d) Feed the Children.
3. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
(a) 800 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 600 years.
(d) 500 years.
4. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The tone of the surrounding community.
(b) The personality of the teacher.
(c) The personality of the children.
(d) The method used.
5. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and sex.
(b) Love and sex.
(c) Fear and hate.
(d) Fear and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
2. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
3. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
4. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
5. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)