|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(b) They wrote stories using the words.
(c) They read the words silently to themselves.
(d) They read the words to the teacher.
2. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(b) Read a story.
(d) Do a science experiment.
3. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
4. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
5. Although fear and sex were identified as two main instincts, what word did Ashton-Warner say was missing from the beginning Maori readers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
2. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
3. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
4. What did Mrs. Cutter send to Ashton-Warner in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)