|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Matawhero hit in "Post Holiday Notes"?
2. How many words had Tame learned, according to the chart in "Post Holiday Notes"?
3. What is a "pakeha"?
(a) A child.
(b) A chief.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A white person.
4. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(b) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(c) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(d) She had the students spell the words from other students.
5. What color ears did Ashton-Warner say she sometimes saw in children's illustrations?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
2. What is a "marae?"
3. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
4. What was the snail nicknamed?
5. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)