|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
(a) Red chalk.
(b) Red paint.
(c) Yellow crayon.
(d) Blue powder.
2. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One sentence.
(b) One paragraph.
(c) Two sentences.
(d) Two or three words.
3. What is a "waiata"?
(a) A Maori hut.
(b) A Maori song.
(c) A Maori weapon.
(d) A Maori shield.
4. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
5. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(a) Playing outside.
(c) Expressive dancing.
(d) Listening to piano music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
2. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
3. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
4. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
5. How long did the reading period last?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)