|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He died in a car accident.
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Save the Children.
(c) Red Cross.
(d) Feed the Children.
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(d) Too happy.
4. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
5. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
(a) They finished them at home.
(b) They finished them in the afternoon.
(c) They finished them the next day.
(d) They extended the writing period.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
2. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
3. In what season was the story of the Little Red Hen told?
4. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
5. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)