|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
2. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
(a) 12:30 and 2:00.
(b) 8:00 and 9:30.
(c) 9:00 and 10:30.
(d) 10:00 and 11:30.
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She used existing Maori texts.
(b) She asked the families to provide better books.
(c) She wrote the books for her students.
(d) The students wrote their own books.
4. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
5. How many "halves" did the girls' basketball team play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
2. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
3. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
4. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
5. What instrument did Waiwini play?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)