|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
2. What is a "marae?"
(a) A ceremonial mask.
(b) A temple enclosure.
(c) A wooden spear.
(d) A totem pole.
3. What interesting word did Brian use to describe a bus in his story?
4. What position did Matawhero's grandfather hold?
(a) Chairman of the School Committee.
(b) Chairman of the Board of Supervisors.
(c) Chariman of the Board of Selectmen.
(d) Chairman of the School Advisory Committee.
5. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
2. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
3. Although fear and sex were identified as two main instincts, what word did Ashton-Warner say was missing from the beginning Maori readers?
4. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
5. Who referred to dance as the "one complete expression" of a human's many faculties?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)