|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The personality of the teacher.
(b) The method used.
(c) The personality of the children.
(d) The tone of the surrounding community.
2. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She asked the families to provide better books.
(b) The students wrote their own books.
(c) She used existing Maori texts.
(d) She wrote the books for her students.
4. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
(c) Joe Joe.
5. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A traditional Maori home.
(b) A traditional Maori tunic.
(c) A Maori dance.
(d) A Maori funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season was the story of the Little Red Hen told?
2. How long did the spelling period last?
3. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
4. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
5. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)