|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She had the students spell the words from other students.
(b) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(c) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(d) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
2. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She focused on teaching those words.
(b) She put the cards away for another day.
(c) She tried the cards with other students.
(d) She destroyed those cards.
3. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
4. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) C.E. Beebe.
(c) Horace Mann.
(d) John Dewey.
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(b) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(c) The girl told the students what to write.
(d) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
2. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
3. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
4. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
5. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)