|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(b) Too happy.
2. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
3. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They wrote stories using the words.
(b) They read the words to the teacher.
(c) They read the words silently to themselves.
(d) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
5. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To the math room.
(b) Outside for games.
(c) To another room for history.
(d) To another room for science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
2. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
3. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
4. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
5. What is a "tangi"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)