|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
(a) 9:00 and 10:30.
(b) 10:00 and 11:30.
(c) 8:00 and 9:30.
(d) 12:30 and 2:00.
2. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They added them to their stories.
(b) They made sentences together with them.
(c) They read them together out loud.
(d) They practiced spelling them.
3. What was Helen Keller's first word?
4. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori warclub.
(b) A Maori dance.
(c) A Maori village.
(d) A Maori hat.
5. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in fair condition.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They were in pristine condition.
(d) They were in tatters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
2. What is a "tangi"?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
5. How long did the reading period last?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)