|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They read them together out loud.
(b) They added them to their stories.
(c) They made sentences together with them.
(d) They practiced spelling them.
2. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) Half a page.
(b) One whole paragraph.
(c) Three sentences.
(d) One page.
3. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
(a) Two or three paragraphs.
(b) Ten sentences.
(c) Three page stories.
(d) Full page stories.
4. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
5. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Helen Keller's first word?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
3. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
4. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
5. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)