|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(b) They read the words silently to themselves.
(c) They wrote stories using the words.
(d) They read the words to the teacher.
2. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
3. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
4. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A traditional Maori home.
(b) A Maori dance.
(c) A traditional Maori tunic.
(d) A Maori funeral.
5. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He died in a car accident.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He was murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
2. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
3. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
4. What is a "pa"?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)