|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
2. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
3. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One paragraph.
(b) Two or three words.
(c) Two sentences.
(d) One sentence.
4. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) John Dewey.
(b) C.E. Beebe.
(c) Horace Mann.
5. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
3. What was Helen Keller's first word?
4. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
5. How long did the spelling period last?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)