|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(c) Too happy.
2. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A volcano.
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl told the students what to write.
(b) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(c) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(d) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
4. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
2. What is a "tangi"?
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
4. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
5. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)