|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
2. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 10:30 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 11:30 a.m.
3. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She put the cards away for another day.
(b) She focused on teaching those words.
(c) She tried the cards with other students.
(d) She destroyed those cards.
4. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(b) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(c) She had the students spell the words from other students.
(d) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
5. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
2. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
3. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
4. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
5. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)