|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She focused on teaching those words.
(b) She destroyed those cards.
(c) She tried the cards with other students.
(d) She put the cards away for another day.
2. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
3. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A volcano.
(d) An earthquake.
4. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
5. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
(c) Phoenecian alphabet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
3. What is a "pa"?
4. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
5. What was Helen Keller's first word?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)