|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(d) Paper clips.
2. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) John Dewey.
(b) C.E. Beebe.
(c) Horace Mann.
3. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori village.
(b) A Maori hat.
(c) A Maori warclub.
(d) A Maori dance.
4. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
(a) In straight lines.
(b) There were no chairs used.
(c) In three rows.
(d) In a ring.
5. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To another room for history.
(b) Outside for games.
(c) To another room for science.
(d) To the math room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
2. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
3. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
4. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
5. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)