|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
2. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(b) They wrote stories using the words.
(c) They read the words to the teacher.
(d) They read the words silently to themselves.
3. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) John Dewey.
(b) C.E. Beebe.
(d) Horace Mann.
4. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She had the students spell the words from other students.
(b) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(c) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(d) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
5. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
2. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
3. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
4. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
5. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)