|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Helen Keller's first word?
2. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They read the words to the teacher.
(b) They read the words silently to themselves.
(c) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(d) They wrote stories using the words.
3. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Save the Children.
(b) Feed the Children.
(c) Red Cross.
4. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in fair condition.
(b) They were in pristine condition.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were in tatters.
5. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) Two sentences.
(b) Two or three words.
(c) One paragraph.
(d) One sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
2. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
3. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
4. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)