|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) A half-hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
3. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They read the words to the teacher.
(b) They read the words silently to themselves.
(c) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(d) They wrote stories using the words.
4. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They read them together out loud.
(b) They added them to their stories.
(c) They made sentences together with them.
(d) They practiced spelling them.
5. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
(a) Phoenecian alphabet.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
2. What is a "tangi"?
3. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
4. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)