|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were lost.
(b) They were in tatters.
(c) They were in fair condition.
(d) They were in pristine condition.
3. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
4. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 11:30 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 10:30 a.m.
5. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
2. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
3. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
4. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
5. How were the children's stories "produced"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)