|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
2. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori warclub.
(b) A Maori hat.
(c) A Maori dance.
(d) A Maori village.
3. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(c) Read a story.
(d) Do a science experiment.
4. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
5. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) Half a page.
(b) One page.
(c) Three sentences.
(d) One whole paragraph.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
2. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
3. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
4. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
5. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)