|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(b) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(c) The girl told the students what to write.
(d) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
2. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They added them to their stories.
(b) They made sentences together with them.
(c) They read them together out loud.
(d) They practiced spelling them.
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She used existing Maori texts.
(b) She asked the families to provide better books.
(c) The students wrote their own books.
(d) She wrote the books for her students.
4. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A Maori dance.
(b) A traditional Maori tunic.
(c) A traditional Maori home.
(d) A Maori funeral.
5. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A tsunami.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
2. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
3. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
4. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)