|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The teaching of grammar.
(b) The practice in reading aloud.
(c) The discussions.
(d) The teaching of spelling.
2. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One paragraph.
(b) Two or three words.
(c) One sentence.
(d) Two sentences.
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) The students wrote their own books.
(b) She used existing Maori texts.
(c) She wrote the books for her students.
(d) She asked the families to provide better books.
4. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) Three sentences.
(b) One whole paragraph.
(c) One page.
(d) Half a page.
5. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the spelling period last?
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
3. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
4. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
5. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)