|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
2. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
(a) In three rows.
(b) In a ring.
(c) In straight lines.
(d) There were no chairs used.
3. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Feed the Children.
(c) Red Cross.
(d) Save the Children.
4. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
5. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
(a) 9:00 and 10:30.
(b) 8:00 and 9:30.
(c) 12:30 and 2:00.
(d) 10:00 and 11:30.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
2. How long did the reading period last?
3. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
4. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
5. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)