|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geof, in his parting words, say is the one thing civilization can't do anything about?
2. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
3. Why does Geof say his landlady has kicked him out?
4. What does Jo plan to do as her condition becomes more obvious?
5. In the stage directions, what denotes the changing of time?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the play's title. What are the implications of a taste of honey, as an action and a title for the play? Where are there instances in the text that demonstrate the idea? How do the characters exemplify the idea?
Essay Topic 2
Though Jo outwardly despises Helen much of the time, she is also desperate for Helen's attention. How does she attempt to get attention from Helen? Can some of her bratty behavior be attributed to needing Helen's love? Is Helen entirely obtuse when it comes to Jo's attention deprivation, or does she simply choose not to notice?
Essay Topic 3
Helen panics when Jo announces her baby will be black. Why does Helen turn to alcohol? Has this knowledge shattered the brief harmony between mother and daughter? Do you think Helen is coming back to help Jo, or has she washed her hands of the entire situation? Does Helen's recent separation from Peter play into her actions at the end of the play?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)