|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geof get Jo to practice for the baby?
2. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
3. What does Peter ask for immediately upon entering the apartment?
4. Does Jo think Helen will send her anything?
5. Why does Geof say his landlady has kicked him out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jo ultimately sleep with Jimmie? Does Helen's abandonment at Christmastime contribute to Jo's rebellion? Does Jo really love Jimmie, or is she lashing out at Helen? She seems to know she and Jimmie are only going to last for a short time. Why does she continue with the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Geof and Helen are brought together by Jo: when Helen leaves, Geof takes over the role of caretaker. How is Helen later threatened by Geof? Is she simply homophobic, or is some small mothering part of her resurfacing to reclaim her child?
Essay Topic 3
How is Jo's treatment of Geof sometimes similar to Helen's treatment of Jo? Why is Jo so guarded around Geof at first? Has Helen's abandonment created trust issues for Jo? Why does Geof stick around for her occasional verbal abuse?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)