Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jo's boyfriend's plan for the evening when they part?
2. Why does Helen not go to the picture show anymore?
3. What has Jo's boyfriend been carrying for her?
4. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
5. What instrument does Jo's boyfriend joke that his father played?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jo pay for the apartment?
2. Is Helen sensitive about being older than Peter?
3. How does Geof know the drawings belong to Jo?
4. Why has Helen returned to the apartment?
5. Does Jo think she loved her boyfriend?
6. What school does Helen offer to pay for Jo to attend?
7. Why is Helen in ill health?
8. What is Helen's main complaint about Jo?
9. Why is Jo opposed to breastfeeding?
10. How does Peter feel about Jo in the first scene?
Essay Topic 1
Helen panics when Jo announces her baby will be black. Why does Helen turn to alcohol? Has this knowledge shattered the brief harmony between mother and daughter? Do you think Helen is coming back to help Jo, or has she washed her hands of the entire situation? Does Helen's recent separation from Peter play into her actions at the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jo ultimately sleep with Jimmie? Does Helen's abandonment at Christmastime contribute to Jo's rebellion? Does Jo really love Jimmie, or is she lashing out at Helen? She seems to know she and Jimmie are only going to last for a short time. Why does she continue with the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Research Shelagh Delaney's life. When did she write A TASTE OF HONEY? How does the play stem from her personal life? What statement was she trying to make with the play?
This section contains 1,566 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)