|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When trying to purchase the item, what did Jo's boyfriend forget about her physique?
2. What does Jo find in Peter's wallet?
3. To what does Helen compare their bed?
4. What excites her boyfriend the most about their relationship?
5. Why does Jo attack Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Geof know the drawings belong to Jo?
2. What does Jo say to make Geof almost leave the apartment?
3. What are Helen's thoughts on destiny, as she tells Jo after their conversation about the shiek?
4. How does Jo decide to wear the engagement ring?
5. Describe Jo and Helen's new neighborhood.
6. Where is the bathroom in the new apartment?
7. How do Geof and Jo's views on life differ? What do they find spurs their conversation?
8. Why does Helen so dislike Geof?
9. Why is Jo's boyfriend so surprised when Jo says she does not care if people see them kissing?
10. What happens to Geof whenever Helen is around?
Essay Topic 1
At least four other plays are mentioned in A TASTE OF HONEY: OTHELLO, DESIRE UNDER THE ELMS, ROMEO AND JULIET and OEDIPUS. Research two of the plays, and write a paper theorizing why Delaney chose those plays for her characters to mention.
Essay Topic 2
Peter is arguably the least-developed character in the play. While the others have complex emotional paths, Peter is very clearly a womanizer and a drunk. Why do you think Delaney included this two-dimensional character with her other well-rounded and developed characters? Do you think Peter is meant to be underdeveloped?
Essay Topic 3
Research Shelagh Delaney's life. When did she write A TASTE OF HONEY? How does the play stem from her personal life? What statement was she trying to make with the play?
This section contains 1,697 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)