|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the move, what is the difference in travel time for Jo's trip to school?
2. Where have Jo and her boyfriend gone to be alone?
3. Does the apartment have a bathroom?
4. What are Jo and Helen carrying into the flat?
5. What does Jo find in Peter's wallet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Helen returned to the apartment?
2. Why would Jo rather be on the streets instead of in films?
3. How is the way Jo treats her boyfriend reminiscent of the way Helen treats Peter?
4. Why is Jo sorting through her books before Helen and Peter leave?
5. Why is Jo's boyfriend so surprised when Jo says she does not care if people see them kissing?
6. Why does Helen so dislike Geof?
7. How does Jo decide to wear the engagement ring?
8. In what time does Geof live, according to Jo?
9. Does Jo think she loved her boyfriend?
10. Is Helen sensitive about being older than Peter?
Essay Topic 1
Though Jo outwardly despises Helen much of the time, she is also desperate for Helen's attention. How does she attempt to get attention from Helen? Can some of her bratty behavior be attributed to needing Helen's love? Is Helen entirely obtuse when it comes to Jo's attention deprivation, or does she simply choose not to notice?
Essay Topic 2
In Act 1, Scene 2, Helen comments on film and theatre, complaining that they have become more and more alike and trite. Why is Helen's mantra about movies becoming more like theatre significant? Could this be Delaney's own opinion? Do some research on Shelagh Delaney. To your knowledge, what is one of the reasons she wrote A Taste of Honey?
Essay Topic 3
Jo and Helen are similar in many ways, though Jo would rather think she and Helen are different as night and day. In what ways is Jo like her mother? In what ways is she different? Use quotes and instances from the text to present your evidence.
This section contains 1,601 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)