|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen reveal about Jo's father?
2. What is the climate like in the new apartment according to Helen?
3. Where have Jo and her boyfriend gone to be alone?
4. Since the move, what is the difference in travel time for Jo's trip to school?
5. How does Jo describe her complexion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is more suited for motherhood: Geof or Jo?
2. Does Jo think she loved her boyfriend?
3. Does Geof think Helen was telling the truth when she told Jo her father was mentally challenged?
4. Why has Peter Smith followed Helen to the new apartment?
5. From where are Jo's boyfriend's ancestors? Does Jo find this attractive?
6. Rather than Helen, who does Jo think of at the very end of the play that gives her comfort?
7. Why does Geof ultimately leave Jo?
8. Where does Jo want to have the baby?
9. Is Helen upset about Jo's engagement?
10. How does Geof know the drawings belong to Jo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Helen leaves, Jo has to work two jobs to pay for the apartment, but tells Geof she loves that it is hers. What is the significance of Jo paying for the apartment herself? Is it a sign that she is growing up and becoming more independent and mature? If Helen has stayed, would Jo have taken this personal step?
Essay Topic 2
There are many symbols in the play. How does Delaney use symbolism to tell her story? Choose three symbols from the text. Examine how they are applied and what they mean to the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the play's title. What are the implications of a taste of honey, as an action and a title for the play? Where are there instances in the text that demonstrate the idea? How do the characters exemplify the idea?
This section contains 1,651 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)