|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is coming through the roof in the apartment?
2. When do they plan to get married?
3. Who did Jo think was was in love with, as she confesses to Heaven?
4. What is the title of one of the movies Helen sees in the paper?
5. Why does her boyfriend like that it gets dark early?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the way Jo treats her boyfriend reminiscent of the way Helen treats Peter?
2. Why is Jo opposed to breastfeeding?
3. What happens to Geof whenever Helen is around?
4. Is Helen sensitive about being older than Peter?
5. What school does Helen offer to pay for Jo to attend?
6. Why has Helen returned to the apartment?
7. Why does Geof ultimately leave Jo?
8. Where does Jo want to have the baby?
9. What does the contents of Peter's wallet reveal about him?
10. Where did Jo get her bulbs, and how is she supposed to plant them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the play's title. What are the implications of a taste of honey, as an action and a title for the play? Where are there instances in the text that demonstrate the idea? How do the characters exemplify the idea?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jo ultimately sleep with Jimmie? Does Helen's abandonment at Christmastime contribute to Jo's rebellion? Does Jo really love Jimmie, or is she lashing out at Helen? She seems to know she and Jimmie are only going to last for a short time. Why does she continue with the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Though Jo outwardly despises Helen much of the time, she is also desperate for Helen's attention. How does she attempt to get attention from Helen? Can some of her bratty behavior be attributed to needing Helen's love? Is Helen entirely obtuse when it comes to Jo's attention deprivation, or does she simply choose not to notice?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)