|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen not go to the picture show anymore?
2. How does Helen feel when she discovers Jo's ring?
3. What does Jo notice about Peter's brother's wife in her wedding photo?
4. Why has Helen chosen this apartment?
5. Why does Helen love the dark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Geof whenever Helen is around?
2. Why does Helen so dislike Geof?
3. Where is the bathroom in the new apartment?
4. Why does Jo attack Peter, half-laughing, half-crying?
5. How does Geof know the drawings belong to Jo?
6. Why does Geof ultimately leave Jo?
7. Why is Jo sorting through her books before Helen and Peter leave?
8. Who was Jo's first love, as she admits to Helen in Scene 1?
9. Does Helen feel guilty about Jo's present circumstances? Why or why not?
10. Why does Geof offer to marry Jo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the play's title. What are the implications of a taste of honey, as an action and a title for the play? Where are there instances in the text that demonstrate the idea? How do the characters exemplify the idea?
Essay Topic 2
Jo and Helen are similar in many ways, though Jo would rather think she and Helen are different as night and day. In what ways is Jo like her mother? In what ways is she different? Use quotes and instances from the text to present your evidence.
Essay Topic 3
When Helen finds out that Jo is engaged and no longer a virgin, she is extremely upset, sharply contrasting her usual flippant attitude. Why does this specific occurrence so upset Helen? Does she see some of herself in Jo? What wisdom does she attempt to impart upon Jo regarding youth?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)