|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helen used to go as a child?
(a) Shining Clough.
(c) Strawberry Hill.
2. What does Peter ask for immediately upon entering the apartment?
3. Why is Jo not eligible for maternity leave money?
(a) She has not been working long enough.
(b) Her baby does not have a father, and the companies will not pay.
(c) She is too lazy to go down and collect the checks.
(d) She is being punished by her company.
4. Where does Jo tell Geof her boyfriend is from?
(a) She tells Geof he was from darkest Africa.
(b) She tells Geof he was from the Caribbean.
(c) She tells Geof he was from London.
(d) She tells Geof he was from the moon.
5. How does Helen describe the way Jo and Geof have been living?
(a) They are looking gift horses in the mouth.
(b) They are living like pigs in a pigsty.
(c) They are living like peas in a pod.
(d) They are living in sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jo think the landlady has kicked him out?
2. Who is planning to make the baby a cradle?
3. How does Jo think Helen feels about Peter?
4. How does Jo pay for her apartment?
5. What are Jo and Geof doing in the stage directions at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)