|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Geof cooking?
(a) A pot roast.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A cake.
(d) A suckling pig.
2. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
3. How does Jo retort when Helen accuses her of being man mad?
(a) Jo says nothing, stunned into silence.
(b) Jo claims yes, she is man mad, like Helen.
(c) Jo hotly denies Helen's insult.
(d) Jo bursts into tears and collapses.
4. What has Jo told Geof about having a woman in the room when she has the baby?
(a) Jo told Geof she wants to be surrounded by women.
(b) Jo told Geof she wants no one in the room, including women.
(c) Jo told Geof she only wants one woman in the room: Helen.
(d) Jo told Geof she does not want a woman in the room.
5. Why does Peter keep singing?
(a) He is an aspiring musician.
(b) He is drunk and being obnoxious.
(c) He thinks the baby will enjoy it.
(d) He knows Helen loves to hear him sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo threaten to do if Helen doesn't leave?
2. Why has Helen come back?
3. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
4. Why is Jo so upset by his gift?
5. Why does Jo think Helen has returned?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)