|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the first time in her life, how does Jo feel?
(a) She feels truly ill and may die.
(b) She feels she can take care of herself, Helen, Geof, the baby, and the whole world.
(c) She feels extremely anxious and cannot even look out the window.
(d) She feels like getting on a sailboat.
2. What are Jo and Geof doing in the stage directions at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Geof is dancing and cleaning and Jo is reading.
(b) Geof is reading to the baby and Jo is taking a nap.
(c) Jo is making a dress and Geof is sleeping on the couch.
(d) Jo is cooking and Geof is planting flowers.
3. Where did Helen used to go as a child?
(a) Shining Clough.
(b) Strawberry Hill.
4. Has Jo reconciled herself to being a mother?
(a) No, she still hates the idea.
(b) Yes, she is very excited.
(c) Yes, and Helen is ready to be a grandmother.
(d) No, she is giving the baby up for adoption.
5. Does Geof want to tell Helen about the baby?
(a) He's not sure.
(b) Helen already knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the money Helen tries to give Jo?
2. How does Jo pay for her apartment?
3. What are some of the names Peter calls Geof?
4. Who does Helen ask for advice right before she leaves?
5. What job has Geof gotten for Jo?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)