|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Helen come back?
(a) She is in love with Geof and wants him for herself.
(b) Her house burned down.
(c) She is excited to be a grandmother.
(d) She plans to look after Jo.
2. What does Geof find under the sofa?
(a) He finds a letter from Helen.
(b) He finds Jo's bulbs.
(c) He finds ten pounds.
(d) He finds a book.
3. Why is Jo not eligible for maternity leave money?
(a) Her baby does not have a father, and the companies will not pay.
(b) She is being punished by her company.
(c) She has not been working long enough.
(d) She is too lazy to go down and collect the checks.
4. Why has Geof stayed with Jo?
(a) He is deeply attracted to her.
(b) He is being forced to stay by Jo.
(c) He feels he needs to take care of her.
(d) He is in hiding.
5. What are Jo and Geof doing in the stage directions at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Geof is reading to the baby and Jo is taking a nap.
(b) Jo is making a dress and Geof is sleeping on the couch.
(c) Jo is cooking and Geof is planting flowers.
(d) Geof is dancing and cleaning and Jo is reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen think Jo is carrying the baby?
2. What has Helen brought Jo?
3. What has Jo told Geof about having a woman in the room when she has the baby?
4. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
5. How does Jo think Helen feels about Peter?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)