|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Geof leave when Helen arrives?
(a) He despises Helen and cannot stand to be in the same room as her.
(b) She asks him to leave, and he needs to pick up supplies for the weekend.
(c) He has been planning to leave Jo and this is his opportunity.
(d) He is ill and must go to the doctor.
2. Why has Helen been losing sleep?
(a) There is construction going on at the house.
(b) She has always been an insomniac.
(c) The weather is too hot for her to get a good nights' sleep.
(d) She has not been able to stop thinking of Jo since Geof informed her of Jo's condition.
3. When Geof leaves the argument, what task has he been assigned by Jo?
(a) He has been told to call the police.
(b) He has been told to work on the baby's gown.
(c) He has been told to buy food.
(d) He has been told to make tea.
4. Why has Helen come back?
(a) She plans to look after Jo.
(b) She is excited to be a grandmother.
(c) She is in love with Geof and wants him for herself.
(d) Her house burned down.
5. What is Geof cooking?
(a) A pot roast.
(b) A cake.
(c) A suckling pig.
(d) A chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he leaves, what is the one thing Geof asks of Helen?
2. What does Helen leave to do?
3. What does Jo threaten to do if Helen doesn't leave?
4. What are Jo and Geof carrying when they enter the apartment?
5. What does Jo promise to buy Geof for Christmas?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)