|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geof bring home that Helen does not approve of?
2. What political party does Jo tell Helen she and Geof are affiliated with?
(b) A monarchy.
3. How does Jo feel about the creation of life?
(a) She thinks life is terrible and everyone should wish for death.
(b) She thinks people do not ask for life, but have it thrust upon them.
(c) She thinks making a baby is a spiritual experience.
(d) She thinks like is wonderful and wants to have more babies.
4. What does Helen bring for Jo?
(b) The mail from downstairs.
5. Why does Geof leave when Helen arrives?
(a) She asks him to leave, and he needs to pick up supplies for the weekend.
(b) He has been planning to leave Jo and this is his opportunity.
(c) He despises Helen and cannot stand to be in the same room as her.
(d) He is ill and must go to the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Jo's baby due?
2. How does Jo think Helen feels about Peter?
3. How does Helen think Jo is carrying the baby?
4. To what classic novel does Jo compare the book she is reading?
5. What does Geof, in his parting words, say is the one thing civilization can't do anything about?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)