|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jo used to smoke?
(a) She smoked because she thought it would make her popular.
(b) She smoked because he boyfriend was a smoker.
(c) She smoked to annoy Helen.
(d) She smoked because she was addicted to nicotine.
2. Why has Geof stayed with Jo?
(a) He feels he needs to take care of her.
(b) He is being forced to stay by Jo.
(c) He is deeply attracted to her.
(d) He is in hiding.
3. Has Jo reconciled herself to being a mother?
(a) No, she is giving the baby up for adoption.
(b) Yes, and Helen is ready to be a grandmother.
(c) No, she still hates the idea.
(d) Yes, she is very excited.
4. How does Helen describe the way Jo and Geof have been living?
(a) They are looking gift horses in the mouth.
(b) They are living in sin.
(c) They are living like pigs in a pigsty.
(d) They are living like peas in a pod.
5. How does Jo describe Geof's hands?
(a) He has rough, raw hands.
(b) He has warm, small hands.
(c) He has nice, hard hands.
(d) He has moist, soft hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the money Helen tries to give Jo?
2. Who does Helen ask for advice right before she leaves?
3. For the first time in her life, how does Jo feel?
4. What does Geof find under the sofa?
5. In the stage directions, what denotes the changing of time?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)