|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter keep singing?
(a) He thinks the baby will enjoy it.
(b) He knows Helen loves to hear him sing.
(c) He is an aspiring musician.
(d) He is drunk and being obnoxious.
2. What happens to the money Helen tries to give Jo?
(a) Helen takes it back to buy a cradle.
(b) Jo throws it in the fireplace.
(c) Peter takes it back before they leave.
(d) Geof spends it all on baby things.
3. What does Jo promise to buy Geof for Christmas?
(a) She promises to buy him a bed.
(b) She promises to buy him a car.
(c) She promises to buy him dinner.
(d) She promises to buy him a dog.
4. Who do Helen and Jo hear singing outside?
(b) The church choir.
5. What does the baby physically do to Jo?
(a) The baby makes her feel sick.
(b) The baby makes her sensitive, so she can no longer eat spicy food.
(c) The baby makes her unable to stand.
(d) The baby kicks her.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the first time in her life, how does Jo feel?
2. Who does Helen ask for advice right before she leaves?
3. When is Jo's baby due?
4. What does Jo threaten to do if Helen doesn't leave?
5. Who does Jo wish were there with them, though Geof reminds her they do not get along?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)