|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geof bring home that Helen does not approve of?
2. What kind of person does Jo think Geof is like?
(a) A rich businessman.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A poor gypsy.
(d) A little boy.
3. What major piece of information about the baby does Jo finally share with Helen?
(a) The baby is Geof's.
(b) The baby may be premature.
(c) The baby may be black.
(d) The baby is fake and she has been pretending.
4. Why has Geof called Helen?
(a) He is worried about Jo, and thinks Helen has a right to know about her own grandchild.
(b) He is tired of caring for Jo and wants to pass her off onto someone else.
(c) He has decided to marry Jo and wants Helen to be there for the proposal.
(d) He is fiercely curious about Jo's mother.
5. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
(b) Drawing paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Helen and Jo hear singing outside?
2. What does Geof ask Jo?
3. What does Jo plan to do as her condition becomes more obvious?
4. Where does Jo plan to have the baby?
5. How does Jo describe Geof's hands?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)