|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Jo's boyfriend's ancestors from?
(b) The Caribbean.
2. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
(a) Jo is Caucasian and her boyfriend is African.
(b) Jo is very tall, and her boyfriend is very short.
(c) Jo is a young girl, and her boyfriend is an old man.
(d) Jo is English, and her boyfriend is American.
3. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
(a) Her makeup, which melts in heat.
(b) Her flower bulbs, which she always plant but they never grow.
(c) Her lotion, which is supposed to be stored at room temperature.
(d) Her medicine, which should never be left near an open flame.
4. When trying to purchase the item, what did Jo's boyfriend forget about her physique?
(a) He forgot how big her feet were.
(b) He forgot what color her she has.
(c) He forgot what kind of hands she has.
(d) He forgot how tall she was.
5. Where does Helen offer to send Jo?
(a) She offers to send her to art school.
(b) She offers to send her on a world tour.
(c) She offers to send her on a cruise.
(d) She offers to get her an apartment of her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen explain Jo's behavior to Peter?
2. What is one of the items Jo finds in her boyfriend's pocket?
3. What does Jo's boyfriend give her?
4. What does Peter have in his mouth?
5. Why have Helen and Jo moved again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what kind of darkness is Jo afraid?
2. Does Helen feel guilty about Jo's present circumstances? Why or why not?
3. How does Jo decide to wear the engagement ring?
4. Why is Jo opposed to breastfeeding?
5. Why is Helen in ill health?
6. What does the contents of Peter's wallet reveal about him?
7. Why does Geof offer to marry Jo?
8. Why does Geof want to tell Helen about the baby initially?
9. How has Helen and Peter's relationship changed since they have been married?
10. Why do Helen and Peter leave Jo in the apartment?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)