|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
(a) Jo is a young girl, and her boyfriend is an old man.
(b) Jo is Caucasian and her boyfriend is African.
(c) Jo is English, and her boyfriend is American.
(d) Jo is very tall, and her boyfriend is very short.
2. What is Jo sorting through before Helen and Peter leave?
(a) She is sorting through books.
(b) She is sorting through magazines.
(c) She is sorting through clothes.
(d) She is sorting through the kitchen.
3. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
(a) He is thirty.
(b) He is eighteen.
(c) He is twenty-seven.
(d) He is twenty-two.
4. When Peter leaves, what does Jo admit she is afraid of?
(a) Jo is afraid of heights.
(b) Jo is afraid of the dark.
(c) Jo is afraid of spiders.
(d) Jo is afraid of strangers.
5. What excuse does Jo give when it is time for her to go?
(a) Her curfew is up.
(b) She is hungry.
(c) She is tired.
(d) Her mother is waiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jo and Helen carrying into the flat?
2. What does Jo admit is her favorite season of the year?
3. When trying to purchase the item, what did Jo's boyfriend forget about her physique?
4. What kind of cigar is Peter smoking?
5. Why does Helen not go to the picture show anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jo's boyfriend so surprised when Jo says she does not care if people see them kissing?
2. From where are Jo's boyfriend's ancestors? Does Jo find this attractive?
3. What does Jo say to make Geof almost leave the apartment?
4. Why has Geof's landlady thrown him out according to Geof? According to Jo?
5. Why doesn't Jo want her boyfriend to kiss her?
6. How does Jo pay for the apartment?
7. Does Jo think she loved her boyfriend?
8. What gift has Geof bought for Jo, and why is she so upset by it?
9. How is the way Jo treats her boyfriend reminiscent of the way Helen treats Peter?
10. In what time does Geof live, according to Jo?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)