|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen begin to drink when she enters the flat?
(a) She drinks whiskey.
(b) She drinks soda.
(c) She drinks orange juice.
(d) She drinks gin.
2. What does Jo's boyfriend give her?
(a) He gives her a ticket to leave on his boat.
(b) He gives her an engagement ring.
(c) He gives her a puppy.
(d) He gives her a beautiful dress.
3. Why does her boyfriend like that it gets dark early?
(a) He has a rare allergy to light.
(b) His eyes are extremely sensitive.
(c) He can kiss her earlier, since no one can see.
(d) He only travels at nighttime.
4. What has Jo's boyfriend been carrying for her?
(a) He has been carrying her dog.
(b) He has been carrying her shoes.
(c) He has been carrying her bike.
(d) He has been carrying her books.
5. What is the climate like in the new apartment according to Helen?
(a) The apartment is swelteringly hot.
(b) The apartment is stuffy.
(c) The apartment is terribly muggy, like a steamhouse.
(d) The apartment is cold and drafty, a shelter to the four winds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Helen sits in the chair, what does she think it needs?
2. In which branch of the armed forces did Peter serve?
3. How is Jo's boyfriend described in the stage directions?
4. What does Jo's boyfriend put in her milk?
5. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jo want her boyfriend to kiss her?
2. In what time does Geof live, according to Jo?
3. Why has Geof's landlady thrown him out according to Geof? According to Jo?
4. What gift has Geof bought for Jo, and why is she so upset by it?
5. Does Geof think Helen was telling the truth when she told Jo her father was mentally challenged?
6. Why does Geof offer to marry Jo?
7. Why has Geof told Helen about the baby?
8. How has Helen and Peter's relationship changed since they have been married?
9. Rather than Helen, who does Jo think of at the very end of the play that gives her comfort?
10. Is Jo jealous of Peter Smith? Why or why not?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)