|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter wear on his eye(s)?
(a) He wears sunglasses.
(b) He wears a mask.
(c) He wears eyeglasses.
(d) He wears a black eye patch.
2. What is Helen's age compared to Peter's age?
(a) Peter is exactly three months older.
(b) Helen and Peter are the same age.
(c) Peter is old enough to be Helen's father.
(d) Helen is old enough to be Peter's mother.
3. Does the apartment have a bathroom?
(a) No, the outhouse is outside.
(b) Yes, but the bathroom has no door in the apartment.
(c) Yes, but the bathroom is communal and down the hall.
(d) No, the tenants have to use the resturant next door.
4. To which Shakespeare play does Jo's boyfriend compare?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Antony and Cleopatra.
5. How does Jo wear his ring?
(a) Jo keeps the ring in her pocket, stiched into the seams
(b) Jo hides the ring in a safe place to wait for his return.
(c) Jo puts the ring on a piece of string around her neck.
(d) Jo wears the ring proudly on her finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jo sorting through before Helen and Peter leave?
2. What is Jo's boyfriend's plan for the evening when they part?
3. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
4. Why did Helen's first husband divorce her?
5. What did Jo's boyfriend do before he was in the service?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where are Jo's boyfriend's ancestors? Does Jo find this attractive?
2. Who is more suited for motherhood: Geof or Jo?
3. What is one of Helen's habits that Jo truly despises?
4. Why do Helen and Peter leave Jo in the apartment?
5. Why has Geof told Helen about the baby?
6. Does Jo think Geof has been a good influence on her?
7. How does Jo pay for the apartment?
8. What is Helen's main complaint about Jo?
9. Does Helen feel guilty about Jo's present circumstances? Why or why not?
10. Why did Helen sleep with the village idiot instead of her husband?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)