|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excites her boyfriend the most about their relationship?
(a) He likes that Jo is an excellent dancer.
(b) He likes that Jo does not care about his color.
(c) He likes that Jo is quitting school.
(d) He likes that Jo speaks another language.
2. What does Jo find in Peter's wallet?
(a) She finds pictures of lots of other women.
(b) She finds one hundred dollars.
(c) She finds a note addressed to Helen.
(d) She finds his business cards.
3. Where does Helen offer to send Jo?
(a) She offers to send her on a cruise.
(b) She offers to send her on a world tour.
(c) She offers to send her to art school.
(d) She offers to get her an apartment of her own.
4. How old does Jo's boyfriend think that women are born?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Three thousand years old.
(c) Brand new, just like everyone else.
(d) Seventy years old.
5. What does Peter have in his mouth?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A cheroot.
(d) A sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factory is across the street from the flat?
2. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
3. What important event in Jo's life has Helen forgotten?
4. When Helen sits in the chair, what does she think it needs?
5. To what does Helen compare their bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Geof and Jo's views on life differ? What do they find spurs their conversation?
2. How does Geof know the drawings belong to Jo?
3. Rather than Helen, who does Jo think of at the very end of the play that gives her comfort?
4. How does Jo pay for the apartment?
5. Why is Jo unworried about her longer walk to school from the new apartment?
6. Is Helen upset about Jo's engagement?
7. What happens to Geof whenever Helen is around?
8. Who is more suited for motherhood: Geof or Jo?
9. Does Geof think Helen was telling the truth when she told Jo her father was mentally challenged?
10. Why do Helen and Peter leave Jo in the apartment?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)