|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Helen compare their bed?
(a) She compares it to a slaughterhouse.
(b) She compares it to a grassy knoll.
(c) She compares it to a cloud.
(d) She compares it to a coffin.
2. What important question does Jo's boyfriend ask her?
(a) He asks her what candy she like the best.
(b) He asks her is she knows the identity of her father.
(c) He asks her to marry him.
(d) He asks her what time to meet later.
3. Why has Helen chosen this apartment?
(a) The two rooms allow Jo to have her own apartment.
(b) The rent is low enough for her to pay.
(c) The neighborhood is much nicer than their old neighborhood.
(d) The appliances are new.
4. What has Peter brought specifically for Jo?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A new dress, made just for her.
(d) A pair of new shoes.
5. How does Jo make Helen's coffee?
(a) Jo makes Helen's coffee very strong, because she knows Helen likes it weak.
(b) Jo makes Helen's coffee with sugar, because she knows Helen hates sugar.
(c) Jo makes the coffee very weak, because she knows Helen likes it strong.
(d) Jo makes Helen's coffee with cream, because she knows Helen takes her coffee with cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen keep using a handkerchief?
2. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
3. What was Helen's first job?
4. What does Jo's boyfriend give her?
5. What does Peter have in his mouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Helen and Peter's relationship changed since they have been married?
2. According to Jo, why does she decide to sleep with her boyfriend?
3. Describe Jo and Helen's new neighborhood.
4. How do Geof and Jo's views on life differ? What do they find spurs their conversation?
5. How was Jo comforted last Christmas during Helen's absence?
6. What gift has Geof bought for Jo, and why is she so upset by it?
7. How does Geof know the drawings belong to Jo?
8. What are Helen's thoughts on destiny, as she tells Jo after their conversation about the shiek?
9. In what time does Geof live, according to Jo?
10. Why doesn't Jo want her boyfriend to kiss her?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)