|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
(a) He is thirty.
(b) He is eighteen.
(c) He is twenty-seven.
(d) He is twenty-two.
2. Where have Jo and her boyfriend gone to be alone?
(a) The schoolhouse, after everyone has gone.
(b) The deserted football pitch.
(c) The old hospital.
(d) His ship, behind the prow.
3. When trying to purchase the item, what did Jo's boyfriend forget about her physique?
(a) He forgot what color her she has.
(b) He forgot how tall she was.
(c) He forgot how big her feet were.
(d) He forgot what kind of hands she has.
4. What are the two Ws that Helen sees in Jo's future?
(a) Walk or wait.
(b) Woo or waste.
(c) Whip or waive.
(d) Work or want.
5. What does Helen need for her head?
(a) She needs a therapist to help sort out her thoughts.
(b) She needs a hat to match her outfit.
(c) She needs aspirin, or some sort of headache medicine.
(d) She needs a scarf, because she hasn't has a haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jo's boyfriend's plan for the evening when they part?
2. What is Jo sorting through before Helen and Peter leave?
3. How does Helen explain Jo's behavior to Peter?
4. What is Peter carrying when he enters the flat?
5. What important question does Jo's boyfriend ask her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Geof told Helen about the baby?
2. How does Helen take Jo's news that her baby will be black?
3. Why is Jo opposed to breastfeeding?
4. What school does Helen offer to pay for Jo to attend?
5. How does Geof know the drawings belong to Jo?
6. How does Peter feel about Jo in the first scene?
7. How was Jo comforted last Christmas during Helen's absence?
8. Why doesn't Jo want her boyfriend to kiss her?
9. How do Geof and Jo's views on life differ? What do they find spurs their conversation?
10. Why does Helen so dislike Geof?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)