|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jo's relationship to Helen?
(a) Jo is Helen's daughter.
(b) Jo is Helen's mother.
(c) Jo is Helen's aunt.
(d) Jo is Helen's sister.
2. Does the apartment have a bathroom?
(a) No, the tenants have to use the resturant next door.
(b) No, the outhouse is outside.
(c) Yes, but the bathroom is communal and down the hall.
(d) Yes, but the bathroom has no door in the apartment.
3. What does Jo's boyfriend give her?
(a) He gives her a puppy.
(b) He gives her a ticket to leave on his boat.
(c) He gives her an engagement ring.
(d) He gives her a beautiful dress.
4. What type of music do the first stage directions say should be playing?
(a) Rock music.
(b) Rap music.
(c) Blues music.
(d) Jazz music.
5. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
(a) Her lotion, which is supposed to be stored at room temperature.
(b) Her flower bulbs, which she always plant but they never grow.
(c) Her medicine, which should never be left near an open flame.
(d) Her makeup, which melts in heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo's boyfriend tell her to save?
2. Just before he leaves, what does Peter whisper to Helen (according to the stage directions)?
3. What is Peter's last name?
4. What does Helen begin to drink when she enters the flat?
5. What does Peter wear on his eye(s)?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jo, why does she decide to sleep with her boyfriend?
2. How does Jo pay for the apartment?
3. Rather than Helen, who does Jo think of at the very end of the play that gives her comfort?
4. Who was Jo's first love, as she admits to Helen in Scene 1?
5. How does Jo feel about she and Helen's new apartment?
6. In what time does Geof live, according to Jo?
7. How does Peter feel about Jo in the first scene?
8. Why does Jo attack Peter, half-laughing, half-crying?
9. Why did Helen sleep with the village idiot instead of her husband?
10. How is the way Jo treats her boyfriend reminiscent of the way Helen treats Peter?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)