|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two Ws that Helen sees in Jo's future?
(a) Whip or waive.
(b) Woo or waste.
(c) Work or want.
(d) Walk or wait.
2. When do they plan to get married?
(a) They plan to marry in five years, and have a dream wedding.
(b) They plan to marry during his next leave, in six months.
(c) They plan to marry in one year.
(d) They plan to marry the next day.
3. Where does Jo threaten to put Helen if she marries again?
(a) A church.
(b) The police station.
(c) An institution.
4. Where does Jo plan to work after Christmas?
(a) She wants to work in the factory.
(b) She wants to do social work.
(c) She wants to work in a pub.
(d) She wants to work in a resturant.
5. Why has Peter tracked Helen down?
(a) Jo owes him money.
(b) Helen owes him money.
(c) He wants Helen to marry him.
(d) He wants Jo to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter's profession?
2. What is Helen's parenting strategy with Jo?
3. What does Jo find in Peter's wallet?
4. What is the barbaric cult the boy feels he is suddenly trapped in?
5. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Jo think she loved her boyfriend?
2. From where are Jo's boyfriend's ancestors? Does Jo find this attractive?
3. Where is the bathroom in the new apartment?
4. How has Helen and Peter's relationship changed since they have been married?
5. Why does Jo attack Peter, half-laughing, half-crying?
6. What gift has Geof bought for Jo, and why is she so upset by it?
7. Why has Jo decided to let Geof stay, though they are not in a love relationship?
8. According to Jo, why does she decide to sleep with her boyfriend?
9. How was Jo comforted last Christmas during Helen's absence?
10. Where did Jo get her bulbs, and how is she supposed to plant them?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)