|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
(a) He is thirty.
(b) He is eighteen.
(c) He is twenty-seven.
(d) He is twenty-two.
2. How old does Jo's boyfriend think that women are born?
(a) Brand new, just like everyone else.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Three thousand years old.
(d) Seventy years old.
3. What is Jo's relationship to Helen?
(a) Jo is Helen's daughter.
(b) Jo is Helen's aunt.
(c) Jo is Helen's mother.
(d) Jo is Helen's sister.
4. When Helen sits in the chair, what does she think it needs?
(a) She thinks it needs to be reupholstered.
(b) She thinks the legs need to be repaired.
(c) She thinks it needs new springs.
(d) She thinks it needs a cushion.
5. What does Jo's boyfriend put in her milk?
(a) A pill.
(b) A tooth.
(c) A drop of liquor.
(d) The ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the move, what is the difference in travel time for Jo's trip to school?
2. What artistic item does Helen discover of Jo's?
3. What are the two Ws that Helen sees in Jo's future?
4. What was Helen's first job?
5. What does Jo notice about Peter's brother's wife in her wedding photo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen take Jo's news that her baby will be black?
2. How has Helen and Peter's relationship changed since they have been married?
3. Why is Jo's boyfriend concerned about meeting Helen?
4. Why doesn't Jo want her boyfriend to kiss her?
5. Why does Helen so dislike Geof?
6. Why is Jo's boyfriend so surprised when Jo says she does not care if people see them kissing?
7. How would you describe Helen's parenting strategy?
8. Where did Jo get her bulbs, and how is she supposed to plant them?
9. In what time does Geof live, according to Jo?
10. Is Helen sensitive about being older than Peter?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)