Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jo's boyfriend's plan for the evening when they part?
(a) He is going back to the ship because he is on duty.
(b) He is going to a museum.
(c) He is going to a library.
(d) He is going drinking with the boys.
2. Why does Helen not go to the picture show anymore?
(a) She thinks they have become more like the theatre and its difficult to hear.
(b) She loves the theatre and that takes up all her spare time.
(c) She is getting older and needs glasses to see the screen.
(d) She dislikes crowds and avoids them if at all possible.
3. What has Jo's boyfriend been carrying for her?
(a) He has been carrying her books.
(b) He has been carrying her dog.
(c) He has been carrying her shoes.
(d) He has been carrying her bike.
4. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
(a) She is giving up sex and men.
(b) She is giving up coffee.
(c) She is giving up eating sweets.
(d) She is giving up smoking cigarettes.
5. What instrument does Jo's boyfriend joke that his father played?
(a) The triangle.
(b) The piano.
(c) The saxophone.
(d) The tom-tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound do Jo and Helen hear from the river?
2. What does Jo admit is her favorite season of the year?
3. What does Jo's boyfriend put in her milk?
4. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
5. Where does Jo get her flower bulbs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jo pay for the apartment?
2. Is Helen sensitive about being older than Peter?
3. How does Geof know the drawings belong to Jo?
4. Why has Helen returned to the apartment?
5. Does Jo think she loved her boyfriend?
6. What school does Helen offer to pay for Jo to attend?
7. Why is Helen in ill health?
8. What is Helen's main complaint about Jo?
9. Why is Jo opposed to breastfeeding?
10. How does Peter feel about Jo in the first scene?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)