|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen's reaction to Jo's dream?
(a) Helen is terrified, and immediatly committs Jo to a mental facility.
(b) Helen jokes that everyone should be used to manure after death, then moves on.
(c) Hele thinks it is hilarious, and almost faints from laughter.
(d) Helen is extremely offended, and slaps Jo across her face.
2. Where does Jo plan to work after Christmas?
(a) She wants to do social work.
(b) She wants to work in a pub.
(c) She wants to work in a resturant.
(d) She wants to work in the factory.
3. What instrument does Jo's boyfriend joke that his father played?
(a) The piano.
(b) The tom-tom.
(c) The saxophone.
(d) The triangle.
4. Why has Helen chosen this apartment?
(a) The two rooms allow Jo to have her own apartment.
(b) The appliances are new.
(c) The neighborhood is much nicer than their old neighborhood.
(d) The rent is low enough for her to pay.
5. Where were Jo's boyfriend's ancestors from?
(b) The Caribbean.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do they plan to get married?
2. To which Shakespeare play does Jo's boyfriend compare?
3. Regarding her drawings, Jo claims she is not only talented, but:
4. What does Helen need for her head?
5. What does Helen begin to drink when she enters the flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Helen's main complaint about Jo?
2. Why doesn't Jo want her boyfriend to kiss her?
3. How does Jo decide to wear the engagement ring?
4. According to Jo, why does she decide to sleep with her boyfriend?
5. Why has Peter Smith followed Helen to the new apartment?
6. Is Jo jealous of Peter Smith? Why or why not?
7. Where is the bathroom in the new apartment?
8. What does Jo say to make Geof almost leave the apartment?
9. What are Helen's thoughts on destiny, as she tells Jo after their conversation about the shiek?
10. Is Helen sensitive about being older than Peter?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)