|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen's reaction to Jo's dream?
(a) Hele thinks it is hilarious, and almost faints from laughter.
(b) Helen jokes that everyone should be used to manure after death, then moves on.
(c) Helen is extremely offended, and slaps Jo across her face.
(d) Helen is terrified, and immediatly committs Jo to a mental facility.
2. What does Jo find in Peter's wallet?
(a) She finds pictures of lots of other women.
(b) She finds his business cards.
(c) She finds one hundred dollars.
(d) She finds a note addressed to Helen.
3. Why does her boyfriend like that it gets dark early?
(a) He has a rare allergy to light.
(b) He only travels at nighttime.
(c) He can kiss her earlier, since no one can see.
(d) His eyes are extremely sensitive.
4. What does Helen try to give Jo when Jo complains of being cold?
(a) Helen tries to give Jo a slap.
(b) Helen tries to give Jo a hug.
(c) Helen tries to give Jo a blanket.
(d) Helen tries to give Jo whiskey.
5. What is one of the items Jo finds in her boyfriend's pocket?
(a) She finds a stick of chewing gum.
(b) She finds a gun.
(c) She finds a receipt for $1,000.
(d) She finds a toy car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have Helen and Jo moved again?
2. How does Helen describe the wallpaper?
3. What excites her boyfriend the most about their relationship?
4. Why does Helen love the dark?
5. What has Jo's boyfriend been carrying for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what time does Geof live, according to Jo?
2. What does Jo say to make Geof almost leave the apartment?
3. Rather than Helen, who does Jo think of at the very end of the play that gives her comfort?
4. How does Jo feel about she and Helen's new apartment?
5. Does Jo think she loved her boyfriend?
6. What school does Helen offer to pay for Jo to attend?
7. Is Helen sensitive about being older than Peter?
8. How does Peter feel about Jo in the first scene?
9. Who is more suited for motherhood: Geof or Jo?
10. Where does Jo want to have the baby?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)