|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jo and her boyfriend agree to meet the next day?
(a) They agree to meet at the pier by his ship.
(b) They agree to meet in the park.
(c) They agree to meet at the ladies hairdressing place.
(d) They agree to meet in front of Jo's apartment.
2. What are the two Ws that Helen sees in Jo's future?
(a) Whip or waive.
(b) Work or want.
(c) Walk or wait.
(d) Woo or waste.
3. What has Jo's boyfriend been carrying for her?
(a) He has been carrying her bike.
(b) He has been carrying her dog.
(c) He has been carrying her shoes.
(d) He has been carrying her books.
4. Why has Helen chosen this apartment?
(a) The neighborhood is much nicer than their old neighborhood.
(b) The appliances are new.
(c) The two rooms allow Jo to have her own apartment.
(d) The rent is low enough for her to pay.
5. What artistic item does Helen discover of Jo's?
(a) She discovers Jo's novel.
(b) She discovers Jo's knitting.
(c) She discovers Jo's paintings.
(d) She discovers Jo's drawings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen need for her head?
2. Where were Jo's boyfriend's ancestors from?
3. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
4. How does Jo burn herself?
5. What is Jo's boyfriend's plan for the evening when they part?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen take Jo's news that her baby will be black?
2. Why does Helen so dislike Geof?
3. Why has Geof told Helen about the baby?
4. What school does Helen offer to pay for Jo to attend?
5. What gift has Geof bought for Jo, and why is she so upset by it?
6. Who is more suited for motherhood: Geof or Jo?
7. Describe the dream Jo has about Helen.
8. Why has Geof's landlady thrown him out according to Geof? According to Jo?
9. Does Jo think she loved her boyfriend?
10. Is Helen upset about Jo's engagement?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)