|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jo describe her complexion?
(a) A pinkish complexion.
(b) A schoolgirl complexion.
(c) A tan complexion.
(d) An American complexion.
2. What does Jo think is still in her boyfriend somewhere, despite his current life?
(a) She thinks there is still a bit of tundra in him.
(b) She thinks there is still a bit of iceberg in him.
(c) She thinks there is still a bit of New York in him.
(d) She thinks there is still a bit of jungle in him.
3. When do they plan to get married?
(a) They plan to marry in five years, and have a dream wedding.
(b) They plan to marry during his next leave, in six months.
(c) They plan to marry in one year.
(d) They plan to marry the next day.
4. What kind of cigar is Peter smoking?
(a) An Australian cigar.
(b) A Spanish cigar.
(c) An American Spirit cigar.
(d) A Havana cigar.
5. What is Jo sorting through before Helen and Peter leave?
(a) She is sorting through clothes.
(b) She is sorting through books.
(c) She is sorting through the kitchen.
(d) She is sorting through magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen's parenting strategy with Jo?
2. What does Jo tell Helen she has dreamed?
3. What does Helen need for her head?
4. What specific kind of dark scares Jo?
5. What is the barbaric cult the boy feels he is suddenly trapped in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen take Jo's news that her baby will be black?
2. Why has Jo decided to let Geof stay, though they are not in a love relationship?
3. Does Helen feel guilty about Jo's present circumstances? Why or why not?
4. What are Helen's thoughts on destiny, as she tells Jo after their conversation about the shiek?
5. How has Helen and Peter's relationship changed since they have been married?
6. What is one of Helen's habits that Jo truly despises?
7. Where did Jo get her bulbs, and how is she supposed to plant them?
8. Is Jo jealous of Peter Smith? Why or why not?
9. Does Geof think Helen was telling the truth when she told Jo her father was mentally challenged?
10. Why has Geof told Helen about the baby?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)