|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
(a) Her flower bulbs, which she always plant but they never grow.
(b) Her makeup, which melts in heat.
(c) Her medicine, which should never be left near an open flame.
(d) Her lotion, which is supposed to be stored at room temperature.
2. What instrument does Jo's boyfriend joke that his father played?
(a) The tom-tom.
(b) The piano.
(c) The triangle.
(d) The saxophone.
3. What did Jo's boyfriend do before he was in the service?
(a) He was a butcher.
(b) He was a veterinarian.
(c) He was a handyman.
(d) He was a male nurse.
4. Why have Helen and Jo moved again?
(a) Helen found a better apartment in a nicer neighborhood.
(b) Jo is running away from a man.
(c) Helen is running away from a man.
(d) Jo insisted upon getting her own room, so they moved.
5. What part of England is the apartment in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cigar is Peter smoking?
2. What type of music do the first stage directions say should be playing?
3. What does Jo's boyfriend put in her milk?
4. How does Helen describe the wallpaper?
5. What is the climate like in the new apartment according to Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is more suited for motherhood: Geof or Jo?
2. According to Jo, why does she decide to sleep with her boyfriend?
3. How do Geof and Jo's views on life differ? What do they find spurs their conversation?
4. Why does Jo lie to Geof about her boyfriend's origins?
5. What happens to Geof whenever Helen is around?
6. Why is Helen in ill health?
7. Why doesn't Jo want her boyfriend to kiss her?
8. Is Jo jealous of Peter Smith? Why or why not?
9. Why does Geof want to tell Helen about the baby initially?
10. Why does Geof offer to marry Jo?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)