|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the barbaric cult the boy feels he is suddenly trapped in?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The barroom.
(d) The Skins.
2. Why has Helen chosen this apartment?
(a) The rent is low enough for her to pay.
(b) The neighborhood is much nicer than their old neighborhood.
(c) The two rooms allow Jo to have her own apartment.
(d) The appliances are new.
3. About how many people live in their district in the city, according to Jo?
(a) About fifty thousand people.
(b) About ten people.
(c) About twenty people.
(d) About one million people.
4. What is Peter's last name?
5. What is Helen's parenting strategy with Jo?
(a) Helen leaves Jo's care to a nanny.
(b) Helen tries to be best friends with Jo and is involved in her life decisions.
(c) Helen is extremely strict and Jo is very sheltered.
(d) Helen lets Jo ruin her life however she wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
2. Regarding her drawings, Jo claims she is not only talented, but:
3. What does Jo's boyfriend do with the item she finds in his pocket?
4. What important question does Jo's boyfriend ask her?
5. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jo want her boyfriend to kiss her?
2. What school does Helen offer to pay for Jo to attend?
3. Describe the dream Jo has about Helen.
4. From where are Jo's boyfriend's ancestors? Does Jo find this attractive?
5. What is one of Helen's habits that Jo truly despises?
6. Why has Geof told Helen about the baby?
7. Who is more suited for motherhood: Geof or Jo?
8. Where did Jo get her bulbs, and how is she supposed to plant them?
9. Why does Jo attack Peter, half-laughing, half-crying?
10. Why is Jo's boyfriend so surprised when Jo says she does not care if people see them kissing?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)