|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is coming through the roof in the apartment?
(a) Electrical wiring; the apartment has yet to be renovated.
(b) A tree branch; there was a recent storm.
(c) Water; the roof is leaking.
(d) The floor from the apartment above; there is a hole.
2. What is Jo's boyfriend's plan for the evening when they part?
(a) He is going to a museum.
(b) He is going drinking with the boys.
(c) He is going back to the ship because he is on duty.
(d) He is going to a library.
3. What is Jo sorting through before Helen and Peter leave?
(a) She is sorting through clothes.
(b) She is sorting through books.
(c) She is sorting through the kitchen.
(d) She is sorting through magazines.
4. Where does Jo threaten to put Helen if she marries again?
(a) The police station.
(c) An institution.
(d) A church.
5. How does Jo think Helen will react to the engagement?
(a) Jo thinks Helen will be very excited.
(b) Jo thinks Helen will throughly disapprove.
(c) Jo thinks Helen will throw a fit.
(d) Jo thinks Helen will laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What artistic item does Helen discover of Jo's?
2. Where have Jo and her boyfriend gone to be alone?
3. How does Jo wear his ring?
4. What is one of the items Jo finds in her boyfriend's pocket?
5. What does Helen need for her head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Jo decided to let Geof stay, though they are not in a love relationship?
2. Why did Helen sleep with the village idiot instead of her husband?
3. Why does Jo lie to Geof about her boyfriend's origins?
4. Does Geof think Helen was telling the truth when she told Jo her father was mentally challenged?
5. Why does Helen so dislike Geof?
6. How would you describe Helen's parenting strategy?
7. Why is Jo opposed to breastfeeding?
8. Why is Jo's boyfriend concerned about meeting Helen?
9. What does Jo say to make Geof almost leave the apartment?
10. How is the way Jo treats her boyfriend reminiscent of the way Helen treats Peter?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)