|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding her drawings, Jo claims she is not only talented, but:
2. What excuse does Jo give when it is time for her to go?
(a) Her mother is waiting.
(b) She is hungry.
(c) She is tired.
(d) Her curfew is up.
3. What does Peter wear on his eye(s)?
(a) He wears sunglasses.
(b) He wears eyeglasses.
(c) He wears a black eye patch.
(d) He wears a mask.
4. Who did Jo think was was in love with, as she confesses to Heaven?
(a) She thought she was in love with a boy in a book.
(b) She thought she was in love with one of Helen's fancy men.
(c) She thought she was in love with the boy around the corner.
(d) She thought she was in love with a rock star.
5. What is Peter's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which branch of the armed forces did Peter serve?
2. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
3. What does Helen need for her head?
4. Why did Helen's first husband divorce her?
5. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jo's boyfriend so surprised when Jo says she does not care if people see them kissing?
2. Where does Jo want to have the baby?
3. How does Jo decide to wear the engagement ring?
4. Why does Geof offer to marry Jo?
5. Does Geof think Helen was telling the truth when she told Jo her father was mentally challenged?
6. Why does Geof ultimately leave Jo?
7. Who is more suited for motherhood: Geof or Jo?
8. Why does Geof want to tell Helen about the baby initially?
9. Where did Jo get her bulbs, and how is she supposed to plant them?
10. In what time does Geof live, according to Jo?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)