|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job has Geof gotten for Jo?
(a) She serves drinks at a bar.
(b) She retouches photographs.
(c) She cleans houses.
(d) She teaches calculus.
2. What does Geof still have to do for the evening?
(a) He has to take Jo to the doctor.
(b) He has to go to work: he is on the night shift.
(c) He has to fix the lock on the door.
(d) He has to study for his exams.
3. What does Helen offer Jo before she and Peter leave?
(a) She offers Jo a vacation.
(b) She offers Jo a room in their house.
(c) She offers Jo a hospital stay.
(d) She offers Jo a nanny.
4. What baby item has Helen ordered for Jo?
(a) A cot with pink frills.
(b) A little baby jumper.
(c) A deluxe bottle.
(d) Lots of diapers and wipes.
5. Who is planning to make the baby a cradle?
(b) The landlady.
6. What are some of the names Peter calls Geof?
(a) Silly, dumb, and ugly.
(b) Jezebel, Mary, and Cuddles.
(c) Sam, Harry, and George.
(d) Poor, thin, and dirty.
7. What does Jo share about holding Helen's hand?
(a) Helen would always have sweaty palms.
(b) Helen would always pull her hand away.
(c) Helen would always scratch Jo's hand.
(d) Helen would always squeeze her hand tightly.
8. When is Jo's baby due?
9. To what does Helen compare Jo's physical condition?
(a) A ghost warmed up.
(b) A pale horse.
(c) A starving princess.
(d) A sickly child.
10. During their fight, what does Helen say she wishes she had done?
(a) She wishes she had married Jo's father.
(b) She wishes Jo had had a proper upbringing so they would not be in this mess.
(c) She wishes she had joined a convent and become a nun.
(d) She wishes she had gotten rid of Jo before she was born.
11. Why does Jo think Helen has returned?
(a) She thinks Peter has kicked her out.
(b) She thinks Helen wants to marry Geof instead.
(c) She thinks Helen truly wants to be a grandmother.
(d) She thinks Helen has finally gone crazy.
12. Where does Jo tell Geof her boyfriend is from?
(a) She tells Geof he was from the Caribbean.
(b) She tells Geof he was from the moon.
(c) She tells Geof he was from London.
(d) She tells Geof he was from darkest Africa.
13. In the stage directions, what denotes the changing of time?
(a) Geof and Jo dance on and off stage with different props.
(b) Jo pulls the curtain, then when it opens, everything is different.
(c) The narrator tells the audience that two months have passed.
(d) Helen reenters and looks at her watch.
14. What does Helen bring for Jo?
(a) The mail from downstairs.
15. Who do Helen and Jo hear singing outside?
(a) The church choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen describe the way Jo and Geof have been living?
2. What is Geof's full name?
3. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
4. What does Peter ask for immediately upon entering the apartment?
5. What does Jo promise to buy Geof for Christmas?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)