|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jo and Geof carrying when they enter the apartment?
(a) They are carrying guns.
(b) They are carrying suitcases.
(c) They are carrying guitars.
(d) They are carrying balloons.
2. How does Jo describe Geof's hands?
(a) He has nice, hard hands.
(b) He has rough, raw hands.
(c) He has moist, soft hands.
(d) He has warm, small hands.
3. What does Geof, in his parting words, say is the one thing civilization can't do anything about?
4. What does Helen bring for Jo?
(d) The mail from downstairs.
5. Why does Jo let Geof stay with her?
(a) She wants him to teach her to draw.
(b) She claims she is sick of love, and knows he will not start anything.
(c) She is deeply in debt, and needs the money he can pay in rent.
(d) She is deeply in love with him, and hopes he will marry her.
6. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
(a) Antacids for her stomach.
(b) Headache pills.
(c) Antihistamine for her allergies.
(d) Muscle relaxers for her back.
7. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
(b) Drawing paper.
8. Why has Geof called Helen?
(a) He is worried about Jo, and thinks Helen has a right to know about her own grandchild.
(b) He is tired of caring for Jo and wants to pass her off onto someone else.
(c) He is fiercely curious about Jo's mother.
(d) He has decided to marry Jo and wants Helen to be there for the proposal.
9. What does Geof still have to do for the evening?
(a) He has to go to work: he is on the night shift.
(b) He has to study for his exams.
(c) He has to take Jo to the doctor.
(d) He has to fix the lock on the door.
10. What political party does Jo tell Helen she and Geof are affiliated with?
(a) A monarchy.
11. What has Helen brought Jo?
(a) A dog.
(b) A crib.
(c) Job listings.
12. Does Jo think Helen will send her anything?
(a) Yes, she thinks Helen will send her money.
(b) No, she thinks Helen will forget.
(c) Yes, she thinks Helen will send her candy.
(d) No, she thinks Helen will bring it in person.
13. Where does Jo tell Geof her boyfriend is from?
(a) She tells Geof he was from the Caribbean.
(b) She tells Geof he was from London.
(c) She tells Geof he was from darkest Africa.
(d) She tells Geof he was from the moon.
14. What major piece of information about the baby does Jo finally share with Helen?
(a) The baby is Geof's.
(b) The baby may be premature.
(c) The baby is fake and she has been pretending.
(d) The baby may be black.
15. How does Jo tell Helen to light the stove?
(a) The stove does not works.
(b) Gather some wood and use flint.
(c) Turns all the knobs.
(d) Light a match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job has Geof gotten for Jo?
2. In the stage directions, what denotes the changing of time?
3. What secret does Jo finally reveal to Geof?
4. Why does Geof leave when Helen arrives?
5. Why does Jo think the landlady has kicked him out?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)