|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jo so upset by his gift?
(a) She already has blankets for the baby.
(b) She finds dirty diapers disgusting.
(c) She says the color of the baby is wrong.
(d) She does not want to feed the baby with a bottle.
2. Has Jo reconciled herself to being a mother?
(a) Yes, she is very excited.
(b) No, she is giving the baby up for adoption.
(c) Yes, and Helen is ready to be a grandmother.
(d) No, she still hates the idea.
3. Why has Geof called Helen?
(a) He is fiercely curious about Jo's mother.
(b) He has decided to marry Jo and wants Helen to be there for the proposal.
(c) He is tired of caring for Jo and wants to pass her off onto someone else.
(d) He is worried about Jo, and thinks Helen has a right to know about her own grandchild.
4. What classical Greek figure is in the joke Peter tells Geof?
5. What does Geof find under the sofa?
(a) He finds a letter from Helen.
(b) He finds a book.
(c) He finds Jo's bulbs.
(d) He finds ten pounds.
6. When Geof leaves the argument, what task has he been assigned by Jo?
(a) He has been told to call the police.
(b) He has been told to buy food.
(c) He has been told to make tea.
(d) He has been told to work on the baby's gown.
7. What does Helen offer Jo before she and Peter leave?
(a) She offers Jo a vacation.
(b) She offers Jo a room in their house.
(c) She offers Jo a hospital stay.
(d) She offers Jo a nanny.
8. How does Jo feel about the creation of life?
(a) She thinks life is terrible and everyone should wish for death.
(b) She thinks like is wonderful and wants to have more babies.
(c) She thinks people do not ask for life, but have it thrust upon them.
(d) She thinks making a baby is a spiritual experience.
9. Why did Jo used to smoke?
(a) She smoked because he boyfriend was a smoker.
(b) She smoked because she thought it would make her popular.
(c) She smoked to annoy Helen.
(d) She smoked because she was addicted to nicotine.
10. What are Jo and Geof carrying when they enter the apartment?
(a) They are carrying balloons.
(b) They are carrying suitcases.
(c) They are carrying guitars.
(d) They are carrying guns.
11. In the stage directions, what denotes the changing of time?
(a) The narrator tells the audience that two months have passed.
(b) Jo pulls the curtain, then when it opens, everything is different.
(c) Geof and Jo dance on and off stage with different props.
(d) Helen reenters and looks at her watch.
12. How does Helen think Jo is carrying the baby?
(a) She thinks the baby is a little high.
(b) She thinks the baby is too big for its age.
(c) She thinks the baby is a little low.
(d) She thinks Jo is too small for her trimester.
13. Why does Jo think the landlady has kicked him out?
(a) She thinks he has been kicked out because he broke a window.
(b) She thinks he has been kicked him out because he is a homosexual.
(c) She thinks he has been kicked out because he has wild parties.
(d) She thinks he has been kicked out because he never pays rent.
14. Why does Jo let Geof stay with her?
(a) She wants him to teach her to draw.
(b) She is deeply in debt, and needs the money he can pay in rent.
(c) She claims she is sick of love, and knows he will not start anything.
(d) She is deeply in love with him, and hopes he will marry her.
15. Does Jo think Helen will send her anything?
(a) No, she thinks Helen will bring it in person.
(b) Yes, she thinks Helen will send her candy.
(c) Yes, she thinks Helen will send her money.
(d) No, she thinks Helen will forget.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the names Peter calls Geof?
2. How does Jo tell Helen to light the stove?
3. Where does Jo plan to have the baby?
4. What ancestry does Jo claim?
5. How does Jo think Helen feels about Peter?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)