Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Helen come back?
(a) She is in love with Geof and wants him for herself.
(b) She is excited to be a grandmother.
(c) She plans to look after Jo.
(d) Her house burned down.
2. Why does Jo think Helen has returned?
(a) She thinks Helen wants to marry Geof instead.
(b) She thinks Helen truly wants to be a grandmother.
(c) She thinks Peter has kicked her out.
(d) She thinks Helen has finally gone crazy.
3. To what classic novel does Jo compare the book she is reading?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Little Women.
(c) Hard Times.
(d) Sense and Sensibility.
4. What is Geof cutting out of cloth?
(a) He is cutting cuff holes to make himself a shirt.
(b) He is cutting the pattern for a baby's gown.
(c) He is cutting Jo a maternity shirt.
(d) He is cutting rags to clean the kitchen.
5. What does Jo joke she will name the baby?
(b) Number one.
6. Does Jo think Helen will send her anything?
(a) No, she thinks Helen will forget.
(b) No, she thinks Helen will bring it in person.
(c) Yes, she thinks Helen will send her money.
(d) Yes, she thinks Helen will send her candy.
7. What major piece of information about the baby does Jo finally share with Helen?
(a) The baby is Geof's.
(b) The baby may be premature.
(c) The baby may be black.
(d) The baby is fake and she has been pretending.
8. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
9. Why does Geof leave when Helen arrives?
(a) He despises Helen and cannot stand to be in the same room as her.
(b) She asks him to leave, and he needs to pick up supplies for the weekend.
(c) He is ill and must go to the doctor.
(d) He has been planning to leave Jo and this is his opportunity.
10. Why does Peter keep singing?
(a) He is an aspiring musician.
(b) He is drunk and being obnoxious.
(c) He knows Helen loves to hear him sing.
(d) He thinks the baby will enjoy it.
11. Who does Helen ask for advice right before she leaves?
(a) The audience.
12. Who unexpectedly enters after Jo lies down?
(a) Jo's boyfriend.
(b) The Queen of England.
13. What does Jo promise to buy Geof for Christmas?
(a) She promises to buy him a car.
(b) She promises to buy him a dog.
(c) She promises to buy him a bed.
(d) She promises to buy him dinner.
14. What does Peter ask for immediately upon entering the apartment?
15. Who is planning to make the baby a cradle?
(b) The landlady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen offer Jo before she and Peter leave?
2. Has Jo reconciled herself to being a mother?
3. Why has Geof called Helen?
4. What does Helen bring for Jo?
5. What does Jo forbid Helen to do?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)