|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geof get Jo to practice for the baby?
(a) A bottle and pacifier.
(b) A life-sized baby doll.
(c) A diaper and wipes.
(d) A blanket.
2. Why does Geof leave when Helen arrives?
(a) He is ill and must go to the doctor.
(b) She asks him to leave, and he needs to pick up supplies for the weekend.
(c) He despises Helen and cannot stand to be in the same room as her.
(d) He has been planning to leave Jo and this is his opportunity.
3. When is Jo's baby due?
4. Why did Peter leave Helen?
(a) He had to move but she did not want to.
(b) He went crazy and had to be locked up.
(c) He found another woman.
(d) He did not leave her, he died.
5. Why did Jo used to smoke?
(a) She smoked to annoy Helen.
(b) She smoked because he boyfriend was a smoker.
(c) She smoked because she was addicted to nicotine.
(d) She smoked because she thought it would make her popular.
6. What does Helen offer Jo before she and Peter leave?
(a) She offers Jo a nanny.
(b) She offers Jo a vacation.
(c) She offers Jo a hospital stay.
(d) She offers Jo a room in their house.
7. What does Geof still have to do for the evening?
(a) He has to fix the lock on the door.
(b) He has to go to work: he is on the night shift.
(c) He has to study for his exams.
(d) He has to take Jo to the doctor.
8. Where does Jo plan to have the baby?
(a) She plans to have the baby in a birthing center.
(b) She plans to have the baby in the forest.
(c) She plans to have the baby in the hospital.
(d) She plans to have the baby in the apartment.
9. What is Geof cooking?
(a) A pot roast.
(b) A cake.
(c) A suckling pig.
(d) A chicken.
10. Why is Jo not eligible for maternity leave money?
(a) Her baby does not have a father, and the companies will not pay.
(b) She has not been working long enough.
(c) She is too lazy to go down and collect the checks.
(d) She is being punished by her company.
11. Why has Geof stayed with Jo?
(a) He is being forced to stay by Jo.
(b) He is deeply attracted to her.
(c) He feels he needs to take care of her.
(d) He is in hiding.
12. Why does Peter claim Helen went off the deep end?
(a) One of her boyfriend dumped her for a younger woman.
(b) Her mental condition finally resurfaced.
(c) She has had too many pills and drinks.
(d) She cannot stand the heat of the summer.
13. Why does Peter keep singing?
(a) He thinks the baby will enjoy it.
(b) He is drunk and being obnoxious.
(c) He is an aspiring musician.
(d) He knows Helen loves to hear him sing.
14. Why has Helen been losing sleep?
(a) There is construction going on at the house.
(b) The weather is too hot for her to get a good nights' sleep.
(c) She has not been able to stop thinking of Jo since Geof informed her of Jo's condition.
(d) She has always been an insomniac.
15. What classical Greek figure is in the joke Peter tells Geof?
Short Answer Questions
1. For the first time in her life, how does Jo feel?
2. How does Jo pay for her apartment?
3. What media does Geof discover that Jo has used for her drawing?
4. What was Jo's boyfriend's name?
5. Who unexpectedly enters after Jo lies down?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)