|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Jo finally reveal to Geof?
(a) Her father was the village idiot.
(b) She has six toes on one foot.
(c) She is in love with Peter.
(d) She is in love with Geof.
2. How does Jo feel about the creation of life?
(a) She thinks people do not ask for life, but have it thrust upon them.
(b) She thinks life is terrible and everyone should wish for death.
(c) She thinks making a baby is a spiritual experience.
(d) She thinks like is wonderful and wants to have more babies.
3. What classical Greek figure is in the joke Peter tells Geof?
4. What does Geof ask Jo?
(a) He asks her to go out and get a job.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He asks her to contact Helen.
(d) He asks her to cook him dinner.
5. What has Helen brought Jo?
(b) A dog.
(c) Job listings.
(d) A crib.
6. What does Jo forbid Helen to do?
(a) She forbids Helen from being rude to Geof.
(b) She forbids Helen from drinking.
(c) She forbids Helen from entering the apartment.
(d) She forbids Helen from caring for the baby.
7. Why has Helen been losing sleep?
(a) She has always been an insomniac.
(b) The weather is too hot for her to get a good nights' sleep.
(c) She has not been able to stop thinking of Jo since Geof informed her of Jo's condition.
(d) There is construction going on at the house.
8. What kind of person does Jo think Geof is like?
(a) A little boy.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A poor gypsy.
(d) A rich businessman.
9. How does Helen think Jo is carrying the baby?
(a) She thinks the baby is a little low.
(b) She thinks Jo is too small for her trimester.
(c) She thinks the baby is a little high.
(d) She thinks the baby is too big for its age.
10. Why has Geof called Helen?
(a) He is worried about Jo, and thinks Helen has a right to know about her own grandchild.
(b) He has decided to marry Jo and wants Helen to be there for the proposal.
(c) He is tired of caring for Jo and wants to pass her off onto someone else.
(d) He is fiercely curious about Jo's mother.
11. How does Helen describe the way Jo and Geof have been living?
(a) They are living like peas in a pod.
(b) They are living like pigs in a pigsty.
(c) They are living in sin.
(d) They are looking gift horses in the mouth.
12. What political party does Jo tell Helen she and Geof are affiliated with?
(c) A monarchy.
13. Who does Helen ask for advice right before she leaves?
(c) The audience.
14. What does Jo promise to buy Geof for Christmas?
(a) She promises to buy him a bed.
(b) She promises to buy him a dog.
(c) She promises to buy him dinner.
(d) She promises to buy him a car.
15. What does Helen bring for Jo?
(b) The mail from downstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Helen come back?
2. Where does Jo tell Geof her boyfriend is from?
3. What media does Geof discover that Jo has used for her drawing?
4. Who do Helen and Jo hear singing outside?
5. What are Jo and Geof doing in the stage directions at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)