|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Geof's full name?
(a) Geoffrey Ingram.
(b) Geoffrey Smith.
(c) Geoffrey Jones.
(d) Geoffrey Billingsly.
2. What was Jo's boyfriend's name?
(d) Prince Richard.
3. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
(a) Muscle relaxers for her back.
(b) Antihistamine for her allergies.
(c) Headache pills.
(d) Antacids for her stomach.
4. Why has Helen come back?
(a) Her house burned down.
(b) She plans to look after Jo.
(c) She is in love with Geof and wants him for herself.
(d) She is excited to be a grandmother.
5. What has Jo told Geof about having a woman in the room when she has the baby?
(a) Jo told Geof she only wants one woman in the room: Helen.
(b) Jo told Geof she wants to be surrounded by women.
(c) Jo told Geof she does not want a woman in the room.
(d) Jo told Geof she wants no one in the room, including women.
6. Why does Geof say his landlady has kicked him out?
(a) She did not like his art.
(b) He stole money from her.
(c) She did not like the way he decorated the place.
(d) He was behind on the rent.
7. What does Geof still have to do for the evening?
(a) He has to take Jo to the doctor.
(b) He has to study for his exams.
(c) He has to go to work: he is on the night shift.
(d) He has to fix the lock on the door.
8. Why did Peter leave Helen?
(a) He did not leave her, he died.
(b) He went crazy and had to be locked up.
(c) He found another woman.
(d) He had to move but she did not want to.
9. Does Geof want to tell Helen about the baby?
(a) He's not sure.
(b) Helen already knows.
10. To what does Helen compare Jo's physical condition?
(a) A ghost warmed up.
(b) A starving princess.
(c) A pale horse.
(d) A sickly child.
11. From what have Jo and Geof just come back?
(a) A concert.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A wake.
(d) A fair.
12. How does Jo feel about the creation of life?
(a) She thinks like is wonderful and wants to have more babies.
(b) She thinks people do not ask for life, but have it thrust upon them.
(c) She thinks life is terrible and everyone should wish for death.
(d) She thinks making a baby is a spiritual experience.
13. Where does Jo tell Geof her boyfriend is from?
(a) She tells Geof he was from the Caribbean.
(b) She tells Geof he was from the moon.
(c) She tells Geof he was from London.
(d) She tells Geof he was from darkest Africa.
14. What is Geof cooking?
(a) A cake.
(b) A suckling pig.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A pot roast.
15. What classical Greek figure is in the joke Peter tells Geof?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Geof stayed with Jo?
2. Why did Jo used to smoke?
3. What ancestry does Jo claim?
4. How does Jo pay for her apartment?
5. Who is planning to make the baby a cradle?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)