|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major piece of information about the baby does Jo finally share with Helen?
(a) The baby may be premature.
(b) The baby is fake and she has been pretending.
(c) The baby is Geof's.
(d) The baby may be black.
2. What secret does Jo finally reveal to Geof?
(a) She is in love with Peter.
(b) She is in love with Geof.
(c) She has six toes on one foot.
(d) Her father was the village idiot.
3. Why does Jo think Helen has returned?
(a) She thinks Helen wants to marry Geof instead.
(b) She thinks Helen truly wants to be a grandmother.
(c) She thinks Helen has finally gone crazy.
(d) She thinks Peter has kicked her out.
4. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
(a) Antihistamine for her allergies.
(b) Headache pills.
(c) Muscle relaxers for her back.
(d) Antacids for her stomach.
5. What does Peter ask for immediately upon entering the apartment?
6. Why does Jo think the landlady has kicked him out?
(a) She thinks he has been kicked out because he broke a window.
(b) She thinks he has been kicked out because he never pays rent.
(c) She thinks he has been kicked out because he has wild parties.
(d) She thinks he has been kicked him out because he is a homosexual.
7. Why did Peter leave Helen?
(a) He found another woman.
(b) He went crazy and had to be locked up.
(c) He did not leave her, he died.
(d) He had to move but she did not want to.
8. What happens to the money Helen tries to give Jo?
(a) Peter takes it back before they leave.
(b) Jo throws it in the fireplace.
(c) Helen takes it back to buy a cradle.
(d) Geof spends it all on baby things.
9. What political party does Jo tell Helen she and Geof are affiliated with?
(c) A monarchy.
10. How does Jo think Helen feels about Peter?
(a) Jo thinks Helen does not care about Peter one way or the other.
(b) Jo thinks Helen has always hated Peter.
(c) Jo thinks Helen is still in love with Peter.
(d) Jo thinks Helen thought of Peter as her own son.
11. What media does Geof discover that Jo has used for her drawing?
(c) Oil paint.
12. How does Jo retort when Helen accuses her of being man mad?
(a) Jo says nothing, stunned into silence.
(b) Jo hotly denies Helen's insult.
(c) Jo bursts into tears and collapses.
(d) Jo claims yes, she is man mad, like Helen.
13. Who unexpectedly enters after Jo lies down?
(c) Jo's boyfriend.
(d) The Queen of England.
14. How does Helen think Jo is carrying the baby?
(a) She thinks Jo is too small for her trimester.
(b) She thinks the baby is too big for its age.
(c) She thinks the baby is a little low.
(d) She thinks the baby is a little high.
15. Who do Helen and Jo hear singing outside?
(d) The church choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What baby item has Helen ordered for Jo?
2. What job has Geof gotten for Jo?
3. Why has Geof stayed with Jo?
4. When is Jo's baby due?
5. How does Helen describe the way Jo and Geof have been living?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)