|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geof still have to do for the evening?
(a) He has to take Jo to the doctor.
(b) He has to go to work: he is on the night shift.
(c) He has to fix the lock on the door.
(d) He has to study for his exams.
2. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
(a) Headache pills.
(b) Muscle relaxers for her back.
(c) Antacids for her stomach.
(d) Antihistamine for her allergies.
3. What does Helen offer Jo before she and Peter leave?
(a) She offers Jo a nanny.
(b) She offers Jo a vacation.
(c) She offers Jo a room in their house.
(d) She offers Jo a hospital stay.
4. What happens to the money Helen tries to give Jo?
(a) Jo throws it in the fireplace.
(b) Helen takes it back to buy a cradle.
(c) Peter takes it back before they leave.
(d) Geof spends it all on baby things.
5. What ancestry does Jo claim?
6. Why is Jo not eligible for maternity leave money?
(a) She is being punished by her company.
(b) She is too lazy to go down and collect the checks.
(c) She has not been working long enough.
(d) Her baby does not have a father, and the companies will not pay.
7. What does Jo share about holding Helen's hand?
(a) Helen would always squeeze her hand tightly.
(b) Helen would always have sweaty palms.
(c) Helen would always scratch Jo's hand.
(d) Helen would always pull her hand away.
8. How does Jo think Helen feels about Peter?
(a) Jo thinks Helen has always hated Peter.
(b) Jo thinks Helen thought of Peter as her own son.
(c) Jo thinks Helen does not care about Peter one way or the other.
(d) Jo thinks Helen is still in love with Peter.
9. How does Helen think Jo is carrying the baby?
(a) She thinks the baby is too big for its age.
(b) She thinks the baby is a little low.
(c) She thinks Jo is too small for her trimester.
(d) She thinks the baby is a little high.
10. Why does Jo think Helen has returned?
(a) She thinks Helen wants to marry Geof instead.
(b) She thinks Peter has kicked her out.
(c) She thinks Helen truly wants to be a grandmother.
(d) She thinks Helen has finally gone crazy.
11. What does the baby physically do to Jo?
(a) The baby makes her sensitive, so she can no longer eat spicy food.
(b) The baby makes her unable to stand.
(c) The baby makes her feel sick.
(d) The baby kicks her.
12. What baby item has Helen ordered for Jo?
(a) A deluxe bottle.
(b) Lots of diapers and wipes.
(c) A cot with pink frills.
(d) A little baby jumper.
13. What political party does Jo tell Helen she and Geof are affiliated with?
(a) A monarchy.
14. What job has Geof gotten for Jo?
(a) She cleans houses.
(b) She serves drinks at a bar.
(c) She retouches photographs.
(d) She teaches calculus.
15. What does Geof get Jo to practice for the baby?
(a) A bottle and pacifier.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A life-sized baby doll.
(d) A diaper and wipes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
2. Where does Jo tell Geof her boyfriend is from?
3. What does Helen bring for Jo?
4. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
5. What does Jo plan to do as her condition becomes more obvious?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)