|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
2. What does Peter ask for immediately upon entering the apartment?
3. Does Geof want to tell Helen about the baby?
(a) He's not sure.
(d) Helen already knows.
4. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
(a) Muscle relaxers for her back.
(b) Antihistamine for her allergies.
(c) Headache pills.
(d) Antacids for her stomach.
5. What secret does Jo finally reveal to Geof?
(a) She has six toes on one foot.
(b) She is in love with Geof.
(c) She is in love with Peter.
(d) Her father was the village idiot.
6. What does the baby physically do to Jo?
(a) The baby kicks her.
(b) The baby makes her feel sick.
(c) The baby makes her sensitive, so she can no longer eat spicy food.
(d) The baby makes her unable to stand.
7. Where does Jo tell Geof her boyfriend is from?
(a) She tells Geof he was from the moon.
(b) She tells Geof he was from the Caribbean.
(c) She tells Geof he was from darkest Africa.
(d) She tells Geof he was from London.
8. Why does Jo let Geof stay with her?
(a) She is deeply in debt, and needs the money he can pay in rent.
(b) She wants him to teach her to draw.
(c) She claims she is sick of love, and knows he will not start anything.
(d) She is deeply in love with him, and hopes he will marry her.
9. What is Geof's full name?
(a) Geoffrey Ingram.
(b) Geoffrey Smith.
(c) Geoffrey Billingsly.
(d) Geoffrey Jones.
10. What are Jo and Geof doing in the stage directions at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Geof is dancing and cleaning and Jo is reading.
(b) Geof is reading to the baby and Jo is taking a nap.
(c) Jo is cooking and Geof is planting flowers.
(d) Jo is making a dress and Geof is sleeping on the couch.
11. How does Jo pay for her apartment?
(a) She works for a lawyer as an apprentice.
(b) She gets the money from Helen.
(c) She works all day in a shoe shop and all night in a bar.
(d) She has married a man with money.
12. Who do Helen and Jo hear singing outside?
(c) The church choir.
13. How does Jo tell Helen to light the stove?
(a) The stove does not works.
(b) Light a match.
(c) Gather some wood and use flint.
(d) Turns all the knobs.
14. How does Helen think Jo is carrying the baby?
(a) She thinks the baby is too big for its age.
(b) She thinks the baby is a little high.
(c) She thinks the baby is a little low.
(d) She thinks Jo is too small for her trimester.
15. What job has Geof gotten for Jo?
(a) She teaches calculus.
(b) She cleans houses.
(c) She serves drinks at a bar.
(d) She retouches photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jo wish were there with them, though Geof reminds her they do not get along?
2. What was Jo's boyfriend's name?
3. Who unexpectedly enters after Jo lies down?
4. What major piece of information about the baby does Jo finally share with Helen?
5. What does Helen leave to do?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)