|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what have Jo and Geof just come back?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A fair.
(c) A wake.
(d) A concert.
2. What is Geof's full name?
(a) Geoffrey Billingsly.
(b) Geoffrey Ingram.
(c) Geoffrey Smith.
(d) Geoffrey Jones.
3. Why does Peter claim Helen went off the deep end?
(a) She cannot stand the heat of the summer.
(b) Her mental condition finally resurfaced.
(c) She has had too many pills and drinks.
(d) One of her boyfriend dumped her for a younger woman.
4. What are Jo and Geof carrying when they enter the apartment?
(a) They are carrying balloons.
(b) They are carrying suitcases.
(c) They are carrying guns.
(d) They are carrying guitars.
5. Who does Jo wish were there with them, though Geof reminds her they do not get along?
(d) The landlady.
6. What are some of the names Peter calls Geof?
(a) Silly, dumb, and ugly.
(b) Sam, Harry, and George.
(c) Jezebel, Mary, and Cuddles.
(d) Poor, thin, and dirty.
7. What has Helen brought Jo?
(a) A crib.
(b) Job listings.
(c) A dog.
8. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
9. What are Jo and Geof doing in the stage directions at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Jo is cooking and Geof is planting flowers.
(b) Geof is dancing and cleaning and Jo is reading.
(c) Geof is reading to the baby and Jo is taking a nap.
(d) Jo is making a dress and Geof is sleeping on the couch.
10. What does Geof ask Jo?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her to go out and get a job.
(c) He asks her to contact Helen.
(d) He asks her to cook him dinner.
11. How does Helen think Jo is carrying the baby?
(a) She thinks the baby is too big for its age.
(b) She thinks the baby is a little high.
(c) She thinks the baby is a little low.
(d) She thinks Jo is too small for her trimester.
12. Who unexpectedly enters after Jo lies down?
(a) Jo's boyfriend.
(d) The Queen of England.
13. Why does Jo think the landlady has kicked him out?
(a) She thinks he has been kicked out because he never pays rent.
(b) She thinks he has been kicked out because he has wild parties.
(c) She thinks he has been kicked him out because he is a homosexual.
(d) She thinks he has been kicked out because he broke a window.
14. When is Jo's baby due?
15. Why does Jo let Geof stay with her?
(a) She wants him to teach her to draw.
(b) She claims she is sick of love, and knows he will not start anything.
(c) She is deeply in debt, and needs the money he can pay in rent.
(d) She is deeply in love with him, and hopes he will marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo share about holding Helen's hand?
2. Where does Jo tell Geof her boyfriend is from?
3. What happens to the money Helen tries to give Jo?
4. Why is Jo so upset by his gift?
5. What does Geof still have to do for the evening?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)