|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Jo finally reveal to Geof?
(a) She has six toes on one foot.
(b) Her father was the village idiot.
(c) She is in love with Peter.
(d) She is in love with Geof.
2. When Geof leaves the argument, what task has he been assigned by Jo?
(a) He has been told to work on the baby's gown.
(b) He has been told to buy food.
(c) He has been told to make tea.
(d) He has been told to call the police.
3. What does Geof find under the sofa?
(a) He finds ten pounds.
(b) He finds Jo's bulbs.
(c) He finds a letter from Helen.
(d) He finds a book.
4. From what have Jo and Geof just come back?
(a) A fair.
(b) A wake.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A concert.
5. What does Jo plan to do as her condition becomes more obvious?
(a) She plans to marry Geof.
(b) She plans to quit work so people won't stare at her.
(c) She plans to sail after her boyfriend.
(d) She plans to give the baby to the downstairs neighbor.
6. During their fight, what does Helen say she wishes she had done?
(a) She wishes she had married Jo's father.
(b) She wishes she had gotten rid of Jo before she was born.
(c) She wishes she had joined a convent and become a nun.
(d) She wishes Jo had had a proper upbringing so they would not be in this mess.
7. What is Geof's full name?
(a) Geoffrey Billingsly.
(b) Geoffrey Ingram.
(c) Geoffrey Smith.
(d) Geoffrey Jones.
8. What has Jo told Geof about having a woman in the room when she has the baby?
(a) Jo told Geof she only wants one woman in the room: Helen.
(b) Jo told Geof she wants no one in the room, including women.
(c) Jo told Geof she does not want a woman in the room.
(d) Jo told Geof she wants to be surrounded by women.
9. What are Jo and Geof carrying when they enter the apartment?
(a) They are carrying suitcases.
(b) They are carrying balloons.
(c) They are carrying guitars.
(d) They are carrying guns.
10. How does Helen think Jo is carrying the baby?
(a) She thinks the baby is a little low.
(b) She thinks the baby is a little high.
(c) She thinks the baby is too big for its age.
(d) She thinks Jo is too small for her trimester.
11. In the stage directions, what denotes the changing of time?
(a) Geof and Jo dance on and off stage with different props.
(b) Jo pulls the curtain, then when it opens, everything is different.
(c) Helen reenters and looks at her watch.
(d) The narrator tells the audience that two months have passed.
12. What kind of person does Jo think Geof is like?
(a) A rich businessman.
(b) A little boy.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A poor gypsy.
13. Why does Geof leave when Helen arrives?
(a) He has been planning to leave Jo and this is his opportunity.
(b) She asks him to leave, and he needs to pick up supplies for the weekend.
(c) He despises Helen and cannot stand to be in the same room as her.
(d) He is ill and must go to the doctor.
14. How does Jo feel about the creation of life?
(a) She thinks like is wonderful and wants to have more babies.
(b) She thinks life is terrible and everyone should wish for death.
(c) She thinks people do not ask for life, but have it thrust upon them.
(d) She thinks making a baby is a spiritual experience.
15. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What media does Geof discover that Jo has used for her drawing?
2. When is Jo's baby due?
3. Why does Peter claim Helen went off the deep end?
4. To what classic novel does Jo compare the book she is reading?
5. What is Geof cooking?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)