|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is planning to make the baby a cradle?
(d) The landlady.
2. What kind of person does Jo think Geof is like?
(a) A little boy.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A poor gypsy.
(d) A rich businessman.
3. How does Helen describe the way Jo and Geof have been living?
(a) They are living like peas in a pod.
(b) They are living like pigs in a pigsty.
(c) They are living in sin.
(d) They are looking gift horses in the mouth.
4. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
5. What does Helen offer Jo before she and Peter leave?
(a) She offers Jo a hospital stay.
(b) She offers Jo a room in their house.
(c) She offers Jo a nanny.
(d) She offers Jo a vacation.
6. To what does Helen compare Jo's physical condition?
(a) A sickly child.
(b) A ghost warmed up.
(c) A pale horse.
(d) A starving princess.
7. Where did Helen used to go as a child?
(a) Shining Clough.
(d) Strawberry Hill.
8. What is Geof's full name?
(a) Geoffrey Ingram.
(b) Geoffrey Billingsly.
(c) Geoffrey Jones.
(d) Geoffrey Smith.
9. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
(a) Muscle relaxers for her back.
(b) Antihistamine for her allergies.
(c) Antacids for her stomach.
(d) Headache pills.
10. What political party does Jo tell Helen she and Geof are affiliated with?
(d) A monarchy.
11. What does Geof ask Jo?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her to contact Helen.
(c) He asks her to cook him dinner.
(d) He asks her to go out and get a job.
12. Why has Geof stayed with Jo?
(a) He is in hiding.
(b) He is being forced to stay by Jo.
(c) He feels he needs to take care of her.
(d) He is deeply attracted to her.
13. Why does Geof leave when Helen arrives?
(a) He despises Helen and cannot stand to be in the same room as her.
(b) She asks him to leave, and he needs to pick up supplies for the weekend.
(c) He is ill and must go to the doctor.
(d) He has been planning to leave Jo and this is his opportunity.
14. What does Geof, in his parting words, say is the one thing civilization can't do anything about?
15. What animal does Jo compare to Geof?
(a) A songbird.
(b) A racehorse.
(c) An alley cat.
(d) A watchdog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter ask for immediately upon entering the apartment?
2. How does Jo feel about the creation of life?
3. What does Jo threaten to do if Helen doesn't leave?
4. Who does Jo wish were there with them, though Geof reminds her they do not get along?
5. In the stage directions, what denotes the changing of time?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)