|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jo wish were there with them, though Geof reminds her they do not get along?
(b) The landlady.
2. What does Geof still have to do for the evening?
(a) He has to fix the lock on the door.
(b) He has to study for his exams.
(c) He has to take Jo to the doctor.
(d) He has to go to work: he is on the night shift.
3. What does the baby physically do to Jo?
(a) The baby kicks her.
(b) The baby makes her unable to stand.
(c) The baby makes her sensitive, so she can no longer eat spicy food.
(d) The baby makes her feel sick.
4. Why does Jo think the landlady has kicked him out?
(a) She thinks he has been kicked out because he has wild parties.
(b) She thinks he has been kicked out because he broke a window.
(c) She thinks he has been kicked out because he never pays rent.
(d) She thinks he has been kicked him out because he is a homosexual.
5. What does Peter ask for immediately upon entering the apartment?
6. What has Jo told Geof about having a woman in the room when she has the baby?
(a) Jo told Geof she wants no one in the room, including women.
(b) Jo told Geof she only wants one woman in the room: Helen.
(c) Jo told Geof she does not want a woman in the room.
(d) Jo told Geof she wants to be surrounded by women.
7. What ancestry does Jo claim?
8. Why has Helen come back?
(a) Her house burned down.
(b) She is excited to be a grandmother.
(c) She is in love with Geof and wants him for herself.
(d) She plans to look after Jo.
9. Why does Jo let Geof stay with her?
(a) She is deeply in love with him, and hopes he will marry her.
(b) She wants him to teach her to draw.
(c) She claims she is sick of love, and knows he will not start anything.
(d) She is deeply in debt, and needs the money he can pay in rent.
10. Does Geof want to tell Helen about the baby?
(a) He's not sure.
(b) Helen already knows.
11. What does Jo plan to do as her condition becomes more obvious?
(a) She plans to marry Geof.
(b) She plans to quit work so people won't stare at her.
(c) She plans to sail after her boyfriend.
(d) She plans to give the baby to the downstairs neighbor.
12. Why has Helen been losing sleep?
(a) There is construction going on at the house.
(b) She has not been able to stop thinking of Jo since Geof informed her of Jo's condition.
(c) The weather is too hot for her to get a good nights' sleep.
(d) She has always been an insomniac.
13. For the first time in her life, how does Jo feel?
(a) She feels extremely anxious and cannot even look out the window.
(b) She feels truly ill and may die.
(c) She feels she can take care of herself, Helen, Geof, the baby, and the whole world.
(d) She feels like getting on a sailboat.
14. When Geof leaves the argument, what task has he been assigned by Jo?
(a) He has been told to call the police.
(b) He has been told to buy food.
(c) He has been told to make tea.
(d) He has been told to work on the baby's gown.
15. What does Jo forbid Helen to do?
(a) She forbids Helen from caring for the baby.
(b) She forbids Helen from being rude to Geof.
(c) She forbids Helen from drinking.
(d) She forbids Helen from entering the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo joke she will name the baby?
2. What does Helen offer Jo before she and Peter leave?
3. What classical Greek figure is in the joke Peter tells Geof?
4. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
5. How does Jo feel about the creation of life?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)