|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Helen come back?
(a) Her house burned down.
(b) She plans to look after Jo.
(c) She is in love with Geof and wants him for herself.
(d) She is excited to be a grandmother.
2. Why did Peter leave Helen?
(a) He went crazy and had to be locked up.
(b) He had to move but she did not want to.
(c) He did not leave her, he died.
(d) He found another woman.
3. Who does Helen encourage Jo to locate?
(a) The baby's father.
(d) The landlady.
4. What does Jo threaten to do if Helen doesn't leave?
(a) She threatens to jump out the window.
(b) She threatens to hold her breath until she faints.
(c) She threatens to marry Geof.
(d) She threatens to call the police.
5. Why does Peter keep singing?
(a) He is drunk and being obnoxious.
(b) He thinks the baby will enjoy it.
(c) He is an aspiring musician.
(d) He knows Helen loves to hear him sing.
6. How does Helen describe the way Jo and Geof have been living?
(a) They are living like peas in a pod.
(b) They are living like pigs in a pigsty.
(c) They are looking gift horses in the mouth.
(d) They are living in sin.
7. What are Jo and Geof doing in the stage directions at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Jo is cooking and Geof is planting flowers.
(b) Geof is dancing and cleaning and Jo is reading.
(c) Geof is reading to the baby and Jo is taking a nap.
(d) Jo is making a dress and Geof is sleeping on the couch.
8. What has Jo told Geof about having a woman in the room when she has the baby?
(a) Jo told Geof she wants no one in the room, including women.
(b) Jo told Geof she does not want a woman in the room.
(c) Jo told Geof she wants to be surrounded by women.
(d) Jo told Geof she only wants one woman in the room: Helen.
9. What does Geof bring home that Helen does not approve of?
10. What classical Greek figure is in the joke Peter tells Geof?
11. What does Jo joke she will name the baby?
(a) Number one.
12. Why does Peter claim Helen went off the deep end?
(a) One of her boyfriend dumped her for a younger woman.
(b) She has had too many pills and drinks.
(c) She cannot stand the heat of the summer.
(d) Her mental condition finally resurfaced.
13. Why is Jo so upset by his gift?
(a) She already has blankets for the baby.
(b) She says the color of the baby is wrong.
(c) She does not want to feed the baby with a bottle.
(d) She finds dirty diapers disgusting.
14. What does Peter ask for immediately upon entering the apartment?
15. From what have Jo and Geof just come back?
(a) A fair.
(b) A wake.
(c) A concert.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the baby physically do to Jo?
2. Where did Helen used to go as a child?
3. What animal does Jo compare to Geof?
4. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
5. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)