|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jo tell Geof her boyfriend is from?
(a) She tells Geof he was from the moon.
(b) She tells Geof he was from the Caribbean.
(c) She tells Geof he was from London.
(d) She tells Geof he was from darkest Africa.
2. What does Jo threaten to do if Helen doesn't leave?
(a) She threatens to jump out the window.
(b) She threatens to marry Geof.
(c) She threatens to hold her breath until she faints.
(d) She threatens to call the police.
3. What does Geof, in his parting words, say is the one thing civilization can't do anything about?
4. What is Geof's full name?
(a) Geoffrey Smith.
(b) Geoffrey Billingsly.
(c) Geoffrey Jones.
(d) Geoffrey Ingram.
5. Why has Geof called Helen?
(a) He is fiercely curious about Jo's mother.
(b) He is tired of caring for Jo and wants to pass her off onto someone else.
(c) He is worried about Jo, and thinks Helen has a right to know about her own grandchild.
(d) He has decided to marry Jo and wants Helen to be there for the proposal.
6. From what have Jo and Geof just come back?
(a) A wake.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A fair.
(d) A concert.
7. Who is planning to make the baby a cradle?
(d) The landlady.
8. What classical Greek figure is in the joke Peter tells Geof?
9. What baby item has Helen ordered for Jo?
(a) A little baby jumper.
(b) A cot with pink frills.
(c) A deluxe bottle.
(d) Lots of diapers and wipes.
10. When Geof returns, what medicine does Jo ask him to give her?
(a) Antacids for her stomach.
(b) Headache pills.
(c) Muscle relaxers for her back.
(d) Antihistamine for her allergies.
11. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
12. Why has Helen come back?
(a) She plans to look after Jo.
(b) Her house burned down.
(c) She is excited to be a grandmother.
(d) She is in love with Geof and wants him for herself.
13. To what does Helen compare Jo's physical condition?
(a) A sickly child.
(b) A ghost warmed up.
(c) A starving princess.
(d) A pale horse.
14. What secret does Jo finally reveal to Geof?
(a) Her father was the village idiot.
(b) She has six toes on one foot.
(c) She is in love with Geof.
(d) She is in love with Peter.
15. What does Helen leave to do?
(a) She leaves to get a drink.
(b) She leaves to find Geof.
(c) She leaves to go to America.
(d) She leaves to find Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Geof stayed with Jo?
2. What does Jo promise to buy Geof for Christmas?
3. How does Jo retort when Helen accuses her of being man mad?
4. Who do Helen and Jo hear singing outside?
5. For the first time in her life, how does Jo feel?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)