|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their fight, what does Helen say she wishes she had done?
(a) She wishes she had married Jo's father.
(b) She wishes Jo had had a proper upbringing so they would not be in this mess.
(c) She wishes she had joined a convent and become a nun.
(d) She wishes she had gotten rid of Jo before she was born.
2. What are Jo and Geof doing in the stage directions at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Jo is making a dress and Geof is sleeping on the couch.
(b) Geof is dancing and cleaning and Jo is reading.
(c) Jo is cooking and Geof is planting flowers.
(d) Geof is reading to the baby and Jo is taking a nap.
3. How does Jo describe Geof's hands?
(a) He has moist, soft hands.
(b) He has warm, small hands.
(c) He has rough, raw hands.
(d) He has nice, hard hands.
4. Does Jo think Helen will send her anything?
(a) Yes, she thinks Helen will send her money.
(b) Yes, she thinks Helen will send her candy.
(c) No, she thinks Helen will bring it in person.
(d) No, she thinks Helen will forget.
5. Why has Geof called Helen?
(a) He is worried about Jo, and thinks Helen has a right to know about her own grandchild.
(b) He is fiercely curious about Jo's mother.
(c) He is tired of caring for Jo and wants to pass her off onto someone else.
(d) He has decided to marry Jo and wants Helen to be there for the proposal.
6. What does the baby physically do to Jo?
(a) The baby kicks her.
(b) The baby makes her sensitive, so she can no longer eat spicy food.
(c) The baby makes her feel sick.
(d) The baby makes her unable to stand.
7. Does Geof want to tell Helen about the baby?
(a) He's not sure.
(b) Helen already knows.
8. From what have Jo and Geof just come back?
(a) A concert.
(b) A wake.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A fair.
9. What ancestry does Jo claim?
10. Why does Geof say his landlady has kicked him out?
(a) He stole money from her.
(b) She did not like his art.
(c) She did not like the way he decorated the place.
(d) He was behind on the rent.
11. What does Jo joke she will name the baby?
(c) Number one.
12. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
(d) Drawing paper.
13. Why does Jo let Geof stay with her?
(a) She is deeply in love with him, and hopes he will marry her.
(b) She wants him to teach her to draw.
(c) She is deeply in debt, and needs the money he can pay in rent.
(d) She claims she is sick of love, and knows he will not start anything.
14. What job has Geof gotten for Jo?
(a) She serves drinks at a bar.
(b) She teaches calculus.
(c) She cleans houses.
(d) She retouches photographs.
15. Why is Jo so upset by his gift?
(a) She says the color of the baby is wrong.
(b) She does not want to feed the baby with a bottle.
(c) She finds dirty diapers disgusting.
(d) She already has blankets for the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party does Jo tell Helen she and Geof are affiliated with?
2. Who is planning to make the baby a cradle?
3. What major piece of information about the baby does Jo finally share with Helen?
4. What baby item has Helen ordered for Jo?
5. When is Jo's baby due?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)