|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Jo give when it is time for her to go?
(a) Her mother is waiting.
(b) She is tired.
(c) Her curfew is up.
(d) She is hungry.
2. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
(a) Jo is very tall, and her boyfriend is very short.
(b) Jo is English, and her boyfriend is American.
(c) Jo is a young girl, and her boyfriend is an old man.
(d) Jo is Caucasian and her boyfriend is African.
3. What is Jo's relationship to Helen?
(a) Jo is Helen's aunt.
(b) Jo is Helen's daughter.
(c) Jo is Helen's mother.
(d) Jo is Helen's sister.
4. What are Peter and Helen celebrating?
(a) Peter got a new job.
(b) Peter found them a house.
(c) Helen is pregnant.
(d) Jo is graduating from high school.
5. What does Helen reveal about Jo's father?
(a) She reveals that Jo's father is living right down the block.
(b) She reveals that Jo's father was mentally challenged.
(c) She reveals that Peter actually is Jo's biological father.
(d) She reveals that Jo's father is the crown Prince of England.
6. What does Helen need for her head?
(a) She needs aspirin, or some sort of headache medicine.
(b) She needs a hat to match her outfit.
(c) She needs a therapist to help sort out her thoughts.
(d) She needs a scarf, because she hasn't has a haircut.
7. How does Jo describe her complexion?
(a) An American complexion.
(b) A schoolgirl complexion.
(c) A tan complexion.
(d) A pinkish complexion.
8. Why have Helen and Jo moved again?
(a) Helen is running away from a man.
(b) Helen found a better apartment in a nicer neighborhood.
(c) Jo insisted upon getting her own room, so they moved.
(d) Jo is running away from a man.
9. Regarding her drawings, Jo claims she is not only talented, but:
10. How does Jo burn herself?
(a) She burns herself with her curling iron.
(b) She burns herself by trying to cover the bare light bulb with her scarf.
(c) She burns herself by trying to light the fire.
(d) She burns herself trying to make tea.
11. How does Helen describe the wallpaper?
12. Where were Jo's boyfriend's ancestors from?
(b) The Caribbean.
13. What has Jo's boyfriend been carrying for her?
(a) He has been carrying her dog.
(b) He has been carrying her shoes.
(c) He has been carrying her bike.
(d) He has been carrying her books.
14. What is Peter's last name?
15. When do they plan to get married?
(a) They plan to marry the next day.
(b) They plan to marry during his next leave, in six months.
(c) They plan to marry in one year.
(d) They plan to marry in five years, and have a dream wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jo think was was in love with, as she confesses to Heaven?
2. Where does Jo get her flower bulbs?
3. Why does Jo attack Peter?
4. What does Jo notice about Peter's brother's wife in her wedding photo?
5. What type of music do the first stage directions say should be playing?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)