|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do they plan to get married?
(a) They plan to marry during his next leave, in six months.
(b) They plan to marry in one year.
(c) They plan to marry in five years, and have a dream wedding.
(d) They plan to marry the next day.
2. What is Peter carrying when he enters the flat?
(a) He is carrying chocolates and flowers.
(b) He is carrying a suitcase.
(c) He is carrying his jacket and an umbrella.
(d) He is carrying a dog in from outside.
3. What excites her boyfriend the most about their relationship?
(a) He likes that Jo speaks another language.
(b) He likes that Jo is quitting school.
(c) He likes that Jo is an excellent dancer.
(d) He likes that Jo does not care about his color.
4. What does Jo notice about Peter's brother's wife in her wedding photo?
(a) The woman's dress was not wearing a traditional wedding dress.
(b) The woman is wearing dark glasses.
(c) The woman looks remarkably like Helen.
(d) The woman was pregnant at her wedding.
5. What does Jo's boyfriend do with the item she finds in his pocket?
(a) He throws it into the river.
(b) He gives it to her.
(c) He leaves it on the street.
(d) He takes it back and puts it in his pocket.
6. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
(a) Jo is English, and her boyfriend is American.
(b) Jo is Caucasian and her boyfriend is African.
(c) Jo is very tall, and her boyfriend is very short.
(d) Jo is a young girl, and her boyfriend is an old man.
7. How much older is Helen than Peter?
(a) She is ten years older.
(b) She is five years older.
(c) She is fifteen years older.
(d) She is three years older.
8. How does Jo make Helen's coffee?
(a) Jo makes Helen's coffee very strong, because she knows Helen likes it weak.
(b) Jo makes the coffee very weak, because she knows Helen likes it strong.
(c) Jo makes Helen's coffee with cream, because she knows Helen takes her coffee with cream.
(d) Jo makes Helen's coffee with sugar, because she knows Helen hates sugar.
9. What is the barbaric cult the boy feels he is suddenly trapped in?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Skins.
(c) The barroom.
10. What is Helen's age compared to Peter's age?
(a) Helen and Peter are the same age.
(b) Peter is exactly three months older.
(c) Helen is old enough to be Peter's mother.
(d) Peter is old enough to be Helen's father.
11. What is Peter's profession?
(a) Peter is a lawyer.
(b) Peter is a car salesman.
(c) Peter is a cobbler.
(d) Peter is a teacher.
12. When trying to purchase the item, what did Jo's boyfriend forget about her physique?
(a) He forgot what kind of hands she has.
(b) He forgot how tall she was.
(c) He forgot what color her she has.
(d) He forgot how big her feet were.
13. What are Jo and Helen carrying into the flat?
(a) They are carrying carpet.
(b) They are carrying bookshelves.
(c) They are carrying bags.
(d) They are carrying babies.
14. What does Helen begin to drink when she enters the flat?
(a) She drinks soda.
(b) She drinks whiskey.
(c) She drinks gin.
(d) She drinks orange juice.
15. What does Jo find in Peter's wallet?
(a) She finds pictures of lots of other women.
(b) She finds his business cards.
(c) She finds a note addressed to Helen.
(d) She finds one hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen reveal about Jo's father?
2. What part of England is the apartment in?
3. Why has Peter tracked Helen down?
4. What are Peter and Helen celebrating?
5. What does Helen need for her head?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)