|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jo think was was in love with, as she confesses to Heaven?
(a) She thought she was in love with a rock star.
(b) She thought she was in love with one of Helen's fancy men.
(c) She thought she was in love with the boy around the corner.
(d) She thought she was in love with a boy in a book.
2. Does the apartment have a bathroom?
(a) No, the tenants have to use the resturant next door.
(b) Yes, but the bathroom is communal and down the hall.
(c) Yes, but the bathroom has no door in the apartment.
(d) No, the outhouse is outside.
3. What does Jo find in Peter's wallet?
(a) She finds his business cards.
(b) She finds a note addressed to Helen.
(c) She finds pictures of lots of other women.
(d) She finds one hundred dollars.
4. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
(a) She is giving up eating sweets.
(b) She is giving up smoking cigarettes.
(c) She is giving up sex and men.
(d) She is giving up coffee.
5. Why have Helen and Jo moved again?
(a) Jo is running away from a man.
(b) Helen is running away from a man.
(c) Jo insisted upon getting her own room, so they moved.
(d) Helen found a better apartment in a nicer neighborhood.
6. What does Jo's boyfriend give her?
(a) He gives her a ticket to leave on his boat.
(b) He gives her an engagement ring.
(c) He gives her a puppy.
(d) He gives her a beautiful dress.
7. What instrument does Jo's boyfriend joke that his father played?
(a) The saxophone.
(b) The triangle.
(c) The piano.
(d) The tom-tom.
8. What did Jo's boyfriend do before he was in the service?
(a) He was a veterinarian.
(b) He was a male nurse.
(c) He was a butcher.
(d) He was a handyman.
9. What type of music do the first stage directions say should be playing?
(a) Blues music.
(b) Rap music.
(c) Rock music.
(d) Jazz music.
10. How does Jo describe her complexion?
(a) A tan complexion.
(b) A pinkish complexion.
(c) An American complexion.
(d) A schoolgirl complexion.
11. What does Jo admit is her favorite season of the year?
12. Where were Jo's boyfriend's ancestors from?
(c) The Caribbean.
13. What excites her boyfriend the most about their relationship?
(a) He likes that Jo does not care about his color.
(b) He likes that Jo is an excellent dancer.
(c) He likes that Jo speaks another language.
(d) He likes that Jo is quitting school.
14. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
(a) Jo is very tall, and her boyfriend is very short.
(b) Jo is Caucasian and her boyfriend is African.
(c) Jo is a young girl, and her boyfriend is an old man.
(d) Jo is English, and her boyfriend is American.
15. Where does Jo plan to work after Christmas?
(a) She wants to work in a pub.
(b) She wants to work in a resturant.
(c) She wants to do social work.
(d) She wants to work in the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the items Jo finds in her boyfriend's pocket?
2. Why has Peter tracked Helen down?
3. What does Helen reveal about Jo's father?
4. Why does Jo attack Peter?
5. What important event in Jo's life has Helen forgotten?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)