|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jo's boyfriend's plan for the evening when they part?
(a) He is going back to the ship because he is on duty.
(b) He is going to a museum.
(c) He is going drinking with the boys.
(d) He is going to a library.
2. What is Peter's profession?
(a) Peter is a cobbler.
(b) Peter is a teacher.
(c) Peter is a car salesman.
(d) Peter is a lawyer.
3. What does Jo's boyfriend tell her to save?
(a) He tells her to save her money so they can get married.
(b) He tells her to save her love until her returns.
(c) He tells her to save bottle caps because he is doing a fundraiser.
(d) He tells her to save jars so they will have plenty of containers for their homemade jelly.
4. What does Jo tell Helen she has dreamed?
(a) Jo dreams that policemen found Helen dead under a rosebush.
(b) Jo dreams that she found her true love.
(c) Jo dreams she was flying, but fell to the ground.
(d) Jo dreams that she has failed all her classes.
5. What kind of cigar is Peter smoking?
(a) A Spanish cigar.
(b) An American Spirit cigar.
(c) A Havana cigar.
(d) An Australian cigar.
6. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
(a) Jo is a young girl, and her boyfriend is an old man.
(b) Jo is English, and her boyfriend is American.
(c) Jo is very tall, and her boyfriend is very short.
(d) Jo is Caucasian and her boyfriend is African.
7. To which Shakespeare play does Jo's boyfriend compare?
(b) Antony and Cleopatra.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
8. How old does Jo's boyfriend think that women are born?
(a) Brand new, just like everyone else.
(b) Seventy years old.
(c) Three thousand years old.
(d) Five years old.
9. When Peter leaves, what does Jo admit she is afraid of?
(a) Jo is afraid of the dark.
(b) Jo is afraid of heights.
(c) Jo is afraid of spiders.
(d) Jo is afraid of strangers.
10. What was Helen's first job?
(a) She worked as an undertaker.
(b) She worked at a small pub.
(c) She worked for telemarketers.
(d) She worked as an administrative assistant.
11. What part of England is the apartment in?
12. Does the apartment have a bathroom?
(a) Yes, but the bathroom has no door in the apartment.
(b) Yes, but the bathroom is communal and down the hall.
(c) No, the outhouse is outside.
(d) No, the tenants have to use the resturant next door.
13. What is one of the items Jo finds in her boyfriend's pocket?
(a) She finds a receipt for $1,000.
(b) She finds a stick of chewing gum.
(c) She finds a gun.
(d) She finds a toy car.
14. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
(a) He is eighteen.
(b) He is twenty-two.
(c) He is twenty-seven.
(d) He is thirty.
15. What does Helen begin to drink when she enters the flat?
(a) She drinks whiskey.
(b) She drinks soda.
(c) She drinks orange juice.
(d) She drinks gin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the climate like in the new apartment according to Helen?
2. Why does her boyfriend like that it gets dark early?
3. What does Jo find in Peter's wallet?
4. Why has Helen chosen this apartment?
5. How does Jo wear his ring?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)