|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jo's boyfriend described in the stage directions?
(a) A light-haired fiddler.
(b) An Italian brigadier.
(c) An Indian colonel.
(d) A colored naval rating.
2. Where have Jo and her boyfriend gone to be alone?
(a) The deserted football pitch.
(b) The old hospital.
(c) The schoolhouse, after everyone has gone.
(d) His ship, behind the prow.
3. When trying to purchase the item, what did Jo's boyfriend forget about her physique?
(a) He forgot what color her she has.
(b) He forgot what kind of hands she has.
(c) He forgot how tall she was.
(d) He forgot how big her feet were.
4. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
(a) She is giving up sex and men.
(b) She is giving up eating sweets.
(c) She is giving up smoking cigarettes.
(d) She is giving up coffee.
5. What was Helen's first job?
(a) She worked as an undertaker.
(b) She worked as an administrative assistant.
(c) She worked at a small pub.
(d) She worked for telemarketers.
6. What part of England is the apartment in?
7. Why does Helen love the dark?
(a) She has sensitive eyes, and bright lights hurt her.
(b) She has very fair skin and sunburns easily.
(c) She thinks everything is best seen in the dark---including her.
(d) She is a thief, and everything is best stolen in the dark.
8. Where were Jo's boyfriend's ancestors from?
(a) The Caribbean.
9. What sound do Jo and Helen hear from the river?
(a) They hear the song of a whale.
(b) They hear the cannons of a battleship.
(c) They hear a submarine resurfacing.
(d) They hear a tugboat.
10. What is Jo sorting through before Helen and Peter leave?
(a) She is sorting through the kitchen.
(b) She is sorting through clothes.
(c) She is sorting through magazines.
(d) She is sorting through books.
11. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
(a) He is thirty.
(b) He is twenty-seven.
(c) He is twenty-two.
(d) He is eighteen.
12. When Helen sits in the chair, what does she think it needs?
(a) She thinks it needs to be reupholstered.
(b) She thinks it needs new springs.
(c) She thinks it needs a cushion.
(d) She thinks the legs need to be repaired.
13. Where does Jo threaten to put Helen if she marries again?
(b) The police station.
(c) A church.
(d) An institution.
14. What important event in Jo's life has Helen forgotten?
(a) Helen has forgotten Jo's graduation.
(b) Helen has forgotten Jo's first words.
(c) Helen has forgotten the date of Jo's birth.
(d) Helen has forgotten when Jo lost her first tooth.
15. What does Peter have in his mouth?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A cheroot.
(d) A toothpick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo's boyfriend put in her milk?
2. Where does Jo plan to work after Christmas?
3. What is Peter carrying when he enters the flat?
4. Since the move, what is the difference in travel time for Jo's trip to school?
5. How does Jo wear his ring?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)