|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Helen sits in the chair, what does she think it needs?
(a) She thinks the legs need to be repaired.
(b) She thinks it needs new springs.
(c) She thinks it needs a cushion.
(d) She thinks it needs to be reupholstered.
2. How does Jo wear his ring?
(a) Jo wears the ring proudly on her finger.
(b) Jo keeps the ring in her pocket, stiched into the seams
(c) Jo puts the ring on a piece of string around her neck.
(d) Jo hides the ring in a safe place to wait for his return.
3. How does Jo make Helen's coffee?
(a) Jo makes Helen's coffee with cream, because she knows Helen takes her coffee with cream.
(b) Jo makes Helen's coffee with sugar, because she knows Helen hates sugar.
(c) Jo makes the coffee very weak, because she knows Helen likes it strong.
(d) Jo makes Helen's coffee very strong, because she knows Helen likes it weak.
4. What does Jo notice about Peter's brother's wife in her wedding photo?
(a) The woman looks remarkably like Helen.
(b) The woman is wearing dark glasses.
(c) The woman was pregnant at her wedding.
(d) The woman's dress was not wearing a traditional wedding dress.
5. Why does Jo attack Peter?
(a) She wants him to make her dinner because she is starving.
(b) She wants him to leave she and Helen alone because he is not her father.
(c) She wants him to return the dress because she hates the color.
(d) She wants him to go back to the bar and wait for she and Helen to be ready.
6. What is the barbaric cult the boy feels he is suddenly trapped in?
(a) The Skins.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The barroom.
7. How does Jo burn herself?
(a) She burns herself with her curling iron.
(b) She burns herself trying to make tea.
(c) She burns herself by trying to light the fire.
(d) She burns herself by trying to cover the bare light bulb with her scarf.
8. What kind of cigar is Peter smoking?
(a) A Spanish cigar.
(b) A Havana cigar.
(c) An Australian cigar.
(d) An American Spirit cigar.
9. How old does Jo's boyfriend think that women are born?
(a) Brand new, just like everyone else.
(b) Seventy years old.
(c) Three thousand years old.
(d) Five years old.
10. In which branch of the armed forces did Peter serve?
(a) The navy.
(b) The airforce.
(c) The army.
(d) The marines.
11. What artistic item does Helen discover of Jo's?
(a) She discovers Jo's paintings.
(b) She discovers Jo's drawings.
(c) She discovers Jo's knitting.
(d) She discovers Jo's novel.
12. What is Peter carrying when he enters the flat?
(a) He is carrying a suitcase.
(b) He is carrying a dog in from outside.
(c) He is carrying chocolates and flowers.
(d) He is carrying his jacket and an umbrella.
13. Why does Helen keep using a handkerchief?
(a) She is bleeding.
(b) She is crying.
(c) Her nose is running.
(d) She puts it over her eyes as she tries to sleep.
14. What are Jo and Helen carrying into the flat?
(a) They are carrying bookshelves.
(b) They are carrying carpet.
(c) They are carrying bags.
(d) They are carrying babies.
15. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
(a) She is giving up eating sweets.
(b) She is giving up coffee.
(c) She is giving up sex and men.
(d) She is giving up smoking cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When trying to purchase the item, what did Jo's boyfriend forget about her physique?
2. What is Jo's relationship to Helen?
3. What does Jo's boyfriend do with the item she finds in his pocket?
4. Why did Helen's first husband divorce her?
5. What does Jo tell Helen she has dreamed?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)