|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jo think Helen will react to the engagement?
(a) Jo thinks Helen will laugh.
(b) Jo thinks Helen will throughly disapprove.
(c) Jo thinks Helen will throw a fit.
(d) Jo thinks Helen will be very excited.
2. What does Jo's boyfriend do with the item she finds in his pocket?
(a) He takes it back and puts it in his pocket.
(b) He throws it into the river.
(c) He leaves it on the street.
(d) He gives it to her.
3. What excuse does Jo give when it is time for her to go?
(a) She is tired.
(b) Her mother is waiting.
(c) Her curfew is up.
(d) She is hungry.
4. What important question does Jo's boyfriend ask her?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her is she knows the identity of her father.
(c) He asks her what time to meet later.
(d) He asks her what candy she like the best.
5. What important event in Jo's life has Helen forgotten?
(a) Helen has forgotten Jo's first words.
(b) Helen has forgotten the date of Jo's birth.
(c) Helen has forgotten Jo's graduation.
(d) Helen has forgotten when Jo lost her first tooth.
6. What does Jo think is still in her boyfriend somewhere, despite his current life?
(a) She thinks there is still a bit of iceberg in him.
(b) She thinks there is still a bit of New York in him.
(c) She thinks there is still a bit of jungle in him.
(d) She thinks there is still a bit of tundra in him.
7. How does Helen describe the wallpaper?
8. When do they plan to get married?
(a) They plan to marry the next day.
(b) They plan to marry in five years, and have a dream wedding.
(c) They plan to marry in one year.
(d) They plan to marry during his next leave, in six months.
9. Why does Helen keep using a handkerchief?
(a) She is crying.
(b) Her nose is running.
(c) She is bleeding.
(d) She puts it over her eyes as she tries to sleep.
10. Where does Jo hope to be before she turns forty?
(a) She hopes to be living in France.
(b) She hopes to be dead and buried.
(c) She hopes to be rich and famous.
(d) She hopes to be married with lots of children.
11. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
(a) She is giving up smoking cigarettes.
(b) She is giving up sex and men.
(c) She is giving up eating sweets.
(d) She is giving up coffee.
12. How does Jo make Helen's coffee?
(a) Jo makes Helen's coffee very strong, because she knows Helen likes it weak.
(b) Jo makes the coffee very weak, because she knows Helen likes it strong.
(c) Jo makes Helen's coffee with sugar, because she knows Helen hates sugar.
(d) Jo makes Helen's coffee with cream, because she knows Helen takes her coffee with cream.
13. Where does Jo plan to work after Christmas?
(a) She wants to work in a pub.
(b) She wants to do social work.
(c) She wants to work in the factory.
(d) She wants to work in a resturant.
14. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
(a) Jo is a young girl, and her boyfriend is an old man.
(b) Jo is very tall, and her boyfriend is very short.
(c) Jo is English, and her boyfriend is American.
(d) Jo is Caucasian and her boyfriend is African.
15. How is the apartment lit?
(a) The apartment is lit by the stove.
(b) The apartment has an antique lamp the is covered in the rent.
(c) The apartment is lit by sunlight or moonlight only.
(d) The apartment is lit by a bare bulb hanging from the ceiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What artistic item does Helen discover of Jo's?
2. How does Jo burn herself?
3. What did Jo's boyfriend do before he was in the service?
4. What sound do Jo and Helen hear from the river?
5. What are Peter and Helen celebrating?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)