|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the move, what is the difference in travel time for Jo's trip to school?
(a) Jo is much farther away from the school, so it will take longer.
(b) Jo quit school before the move.
(c) Jo is much closer to school, she she will get there more quickly.
(d) Jo is about the same distance from the school as before.
2. What is Helen's parenting strategy with Jo?
(a) Helen is extremely strict and Jo is very sheltered.
(b) Helen leaves Jo's care to a nanny.
(c) Helen lets Jo ruin her life however she wants.
(d) Helen tries to be best friends with Jo and is involved in her life decisions.
3. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
(a) Her lotion, which is supposed to be stored at room temperature.
(b) Her makeup, which melts in heat.
(c) Her medicine, which should never be left near an open flame.
(d) Her flower bulbs, which she always plant but they never grow.
4. Why has Peter tracked Helen down?
(a) He wants Jo to marry him.
(b) Jo owes him money.
(c) Helen owes him money.
(d) He wants Helen to marry him.
5. Where does Jo get her flower bulbs?
(a) She gets them at the flower shops, for two cents apiece.
(b) She gets them in the park, when the gardener isn't looking.
(c) They are gifts from her father.
(d) She gets them from her neighbor's garden.
6. What artistic item does Helen discover of Jo's?
(a) She discovers Jo's paintings.
(b) She discovers Jo's knitting.
(c) She discovers Jo's novel.
(d) She discovers Jo's drawings.
7. What does Jo admit is her favorite season of the year?
8. Where were Jo's boyfriend's ancestors from?
(c) The Caribbean.
9. How is the apartment lit?
(a) The apartment has an antique lamp the is covered in the rent.
(b) The apartment is lit by a bare bulb hanging from the ceiling.
(c) The apartment is lit by sunlight or moonlight only.
(d) The apartment is lit by the stove.
10. What does Helen try to give Jo when Jo complains of being cold?
(a) Helen tries to give Jo a hug.
(b) Helen tries to give Jo a blanket.
(c) Helen tries to give Jo a slap.
(d) Helen tries to give Jo whiskey.
11. How is Jo's boyfriend described in the stage directions?
(a) An Italian brigadier.
(b) An Indian colonel.
(c) A light-haired fiddler.
(d) A colored naval rating.
12. What does Peter wear on his eye(s)?
(a) He wears a black eye patch.
(b) He wears sunglasses.
(c) He wears eyeglasses.
(d) He wears a mask.
13. Why did Helen's first husband divorce her?
(a) He divorced her because they could not agree on where to live.
(b) He divorced her because he did not want to be a father and was not ready for the responsibility.
(c) He divorced her because she got pregnant with Jo by another man.
(d) He divorced her because she stole all of his money.
14. Where does Jo threaten to put Helen if she marries again?
(a) An institution.
(b) The police station.
(c) A church.
15. What does Jo's boyfriend do with the item she finds in his pocket?
(a) He throws it into the river.
(b) He leaves it on the street.
(c) He takes it back and puts it in his pocket.
(d) He gives it to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jo wear his ring?
2. How does Helen feel when she discovers Jo's ring?
3. What does Jo's boyfriend put in her milk?
4. What is Helen's reaction to Jo's dream?
5. What did Jo's boyfriend do before he was in the service?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)