|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artistic item does Helen discover of Jo's?
(a) She discovers Jo's knitting.
(b) She discovers Jo's paintings.
(c) She discovers Jo's novel.
(d) She discovers Jo's drawings.
2. What is Peter carrying when he enters the flat?
(a) He is carrying chocolates and flowers.
(b) He is carrying his jacket and an umbrella.
(c) He is carrying a suitcase.
(d) He is carrying a dog in from outside.
3. What is Jo's boyfriend's plan for the evening when they part?
(a) He is going back to the ship because he is on duty.
(b) He is going drinking with the boys.
(c) He is going to a library.
(d) He is going to a museum.
4. What is Peter's last name?
5. What excites her boyfriend the most about their relationship?
(a) He likes that Jo speaks another language.
(b) He likes that Jo does not care about his color.
(c) He likes that Jo is quitting school.
(d) He likes that Jo is an excellent dancer.
6. To what does Helen compare their bed?
(a) She compares it to a cloud.
(b) She compares it to a grassy knoll.
(c) She compares it to a slaughterhouse.
(d) She compares it to a coffin.
7. What does Helen reveal about Jo's father?
(a) She reveals that Jo's father is the crown Prince of England.
(b) She reveals that Jo's father is living right down the block.
(c) She reveals that Peter actually is Jo's biological father.
(d) She reveals that Jo's father was mentally challenged.
8. How does Helen describe the wallpaper?
9. What does Jo tell Helen she has dreamed?
(a) Jo dreams that she found her true love.
(b) Jo dreams she was flying, but fell to the ground.
(c) Jo dreams that she has failed all her classes.
(d) Jo dreams that policemen found Helen dead under a rosebush.
10. What does Jo's boyfriend do with the item she finds in his pocket?
(a) He gives it to her.
(b) He throws it into the river.
(c) He takes it back and puts it in his pocket.
(d) He leaves it on the street.
11. What does Helen try to give Jo when Jo complains of being cold?
(a) Helen tries to give Jo a blanket.
(b) Helen tries to give Jo a slap.
(c) Helen tries to give Jo whiskey.
(d) Helen tries to give Jo a hug.
12. Regarding her drawings, Jo claims she is not only talented, but:
13. Where does Jo hope to be before she turns forty?
(a) She hopes to be married with lots of children.
(b) She hopes to be dead and buried.
(c) She hopes to be living in France.
(d) She hopes to be rich and famous.
14. Where does Jo plan to work after Christmas?
(a) She wants to work in the factory.
(b) She wants to work in a resturant.
(c) She wants to do social work.
(d) She wants to work in a pub.
15. What does Jo think is still in her boyfriend somewhere, despite his current life?
(a) She thinks there is still a bit of tundra in him.
(b) She thinks there is still a bit of jungle in him.
(c) She thinks there is still a bit of iceberg in him.
(d) She thinks there is still a bit of New York in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jo sorting through before Helen and Peter leave?
2. What does Jo notice about Peter's brother's wife in her wedding photo?
3. How is the apartment lit?
4. What is the title of one of the movies Helen sees in the paper?
5. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)