|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jo burn herself?
(a) She burns herself trying to make tea.
(b) She burns herself by trying to cover the bare light bulb with her scarf.
(c) She burns herself with her curling iron.
(d) She burns herself by trying to light the fire.
2. Why does Helen keep using a handkerchief?
(a) She is crying.
(b) Her nose is running.
(c) She is bleeding.
(d) She puts it over her eyes as she tries to sleep.
3. Why have Helen and Jo moved again?
(a) Helen found a better apartment in a nicer neighborhood.
(b) Helen is running away from a man.
(c) Jo insisted upon getting her own room, so they moved.
(d) Jo is running away from a man.
4. What is Jo's relationship to Helen?
(a) Jo is Helen's sister.
(b) Jo is Helen's daughter.
(c) Jo is Helen's mother.
(d) Jo is Helen's aunt.
5. What is the title of one of the movies Helen sees in the paper?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) Ben Hur.
(d) The Big Sleep.
6. What type of music do the first stage directions say should be playing?
(a) Blues music.
(b) Jazz music.
(c) Rap music.
(d) Rock music.
7. Where does Jo get her flower bulbs?
(a) She gets them from her neighbor's garden.
(b) They are gifts from her father.
(c) She gets them at the flower shops, for two cents apiece.
(d) She gets them in the park, when the gardener isn't looking.
8. Where does Helen offer to send Jo?
(a) She offers to get her an apartment of her own.
(b) She offers to send her on a cruise.
(c) She offers to send her to art school.
(d) She offers to send her on a world tour.
9. What does Jo think is still in her boyfriend somewhere, despite his current life?
(a) She thinks there is still a bit of New York in him.
(b) She thinks there is still a bit of tundra in him.
(c) She thinks there is still a bit of iceberg in him.
(d) She thinks there is still a bit of jungle in him.
10. When do they plan to get married?
(a) They plan to marry in one year.
(b) They plan to marry in five years, and have a dream wedding.
(c) They plan to marry the next day.
(d) They plan to marry during his next leave, in six months.
11. What does Jo tell Helen she has dreamed?
(a) Jo dreams that she has failed all her classes.
(b) Jo dreams that she found her true love.
(c) Jo dreams she was flying, but fell to the ground.
(d) Jo dreams that policemen found Helen dead under a rosebush.
12. What does Jo's boyfriend do with the item she finds in his pocket?
(a) He takes it back and puts it in his pocket.
(b) He gives it to her.
(c) He leaves it on the street.
(d) He throws it into the river.
13. About how many people live in their district in the city, according to Jo?
(a) About ten people.
(b) About one million people.
(c) About fifty thousand people.
(d) About twenty people.
14. To which Shakespeare play does Jo's boyfriend compare?
(a) Antony and Cleopatra.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
15. What does Helen reveal about Jo's father?
(a) She reveals that Jo's father was mentally challenged.
(b) She reveals that Jo's father is living right down the block.
(c) She reveals that Jo's father is the crown Prince of England.
(d) She reveals that Peter actually is Jo's biological father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen's age compared to Peter's age?
2. What does Jo throw at Peter?
3. Where do Jo and her boyfriend agree to meet the next day?
4. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
5. Why does Jo attack Peter?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)