|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jo's boyfriend put in her milk?
(a) A drop of liquor.
(b) The ring.
(c) A tooth.
(d) A pill.
2. Where does Helen offer to send Jo?
(a) She offers to get her an apartment of her own.
(b) She offers to send her to art school.
(c) She offers to send her on a cruise.
(d) She offers to send her on a world tour.
3. What is Peter's profession?
(a) Peter is a lawyer.
(b) Peter is a cobbler.
(c) Peter is a teacher.
(d) Peter is a car salesman.
4. To what does Helen compare their bed?
(a) She compares it to a cloud.
(b) She compares it to a coffin.
(c) She compares it to a grassy knoll.
(d) She compares it to a slaughterhouse.
5. What is Helen's parenting strategy with Jo?
(a) Helen lets Jo ruin her life however she wants.
(b) Helen leaves Jo's care to a nanny.
(c) Helen tries to be best friends with Jo and is involved in her life decisions.
(d) Helen is extremely strict and Jo is very sheltered.
6. How old does Jo's boyfriend think that women are born?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Seventy years old.
(c) Brand new, just like everyone else.
(d) Three thousand years old.
7. What factory is across the street from the flat?
(a) A peanut processing factory.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A bread factory.
(d) A Whirlpool plant.
8. What has Peter brought specifically for Jo?
(a) A new dress, made just for her.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A pair of new shoes.
9. Why does Jo attack Peter?
(a) She wants him to make her dinner because she is starving.
(b) She wants him to go back to the bar and wait for she and Helen to be ready.
(c) She wants him to leave she and Helen alone because he is not her father.
(d) She wants him to return the dress because she hates the color.
10. When trying to purchase the item, what did Jo's boyfriend forget about her physique?
(a) He forgot what color her she has.
(b) He forgot how tall she was.
(c) He forgot what kind of hands she has.
(d) He forgot how big her feet were.
11. What are the two Ws that Helen sees in Jo's future?
(a) Work or want.
(b) Woo or waste.
(c) Whip or waive.
(d) Walk or wait.
12. When Peter leaves, what does Jo admit she is afraid of?
(a) Jo is afraid of strangers.
(b) Jo is afraid of spiders.
(c) Jo is afraid of heights.
(d) Jo is afraid of the dark.
13. In which branch of the armed forces did Peter serve?
(a) The airforce.
(b) The marines.
(c) The navy.
(d) The army.
14. Why does Helen keep using a handkerchief?
(a) She is bleeding.
(b) She is crying.
(c) Her nose is running.
(d) She puts it over her eyes as she tries to sleep.
15. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
(a) Jo is very tall, and her boyfriend is very short.
(b) Jo is Caucasian and her boyfriend is African.
(c) Jo is English, and her boyfriend is American.
(d) Jo is a young girl, and her boyfriend is an old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo admit is her favorite season of the year?
2. How much older is Helen than Peter?
3. When Helen sits in the chair, what does she think it needs?
4. Where does Jo get her flower bulbs?
5. When do they plan to get married?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)