Short Essay Answer Key
1. How does Jo feel about she and Helen's new apartment?
Jo does not like the apartment. She things the neighborhood is awful, and she and Helen have to share a bed.
2. What is one of Helen's habits that Jo truly despises?
Jo despises Helen's drinking habits. She is always asking Jo to fix her a drink or going out to pubs with sleazy men.
3. Why is Helen in ill health?
She has caught a cold, and has a headache. Also, her nose is running and her handkerchief is wet.
4. What is Helen's main complaint about Jo?
Helen thinks that Jo cannot do anything for herself: she always needs help, or someone to take care of her.
5. Where is the bathroom in the new apartment?
There is a group bathroom down the hall, which they share with everyone else...
This section contains 2,414 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)