Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. What type of music do the first stage directions say should be playing?
2. What is Jo's relationship to Helen?
Jo is Helen's daughter.
3. What are Jo and Helen carrying into the flat?
They are carrying bags.
4. What does Helen begin to drink when she enters the flat?
She drinks whiskey.
5. Why does Helen keep using a handkerchief?
Her nose is running.
6. How does Jo burn herself?
She burns herself by trying to cover the bare light bulb with her scarf.
7. Who did Jo think was was in love with, as she confesses to Heaven?
She thought she was in love with one of Helen's fancy men.
8. What factory is across the street from the flat?
9. What item(s) does Jo have that needs to be left in a cool, dark place?
This section contains 2,558 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)