|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Jo give when it is time for her to go?
(a) She is tired.
(b) Her curfew is up.
(c) Her mother is waiting.
(d) She is hungry.
2. Why has Geof called Helen?
(a) He has decided to marry Jo and wants Helen to be there for the proposal.
(b) He is worried about Jo, and thinks Helen has a right to know about her own grandchild.
(c) He is fiercely curious about Jo's mother.
(d) He is tired of caring for Jo and wants to pass her off onto someone else.
3. Why does Helen love the dark?
(a) She has sensitive eyes, and bright lights hurt her.
(b) She is a thief, and everything is best stolen in the dark.
(c) She thinks everything is best seen in the dark---including her.
(d) She has very fair skin and sunburns easily.
4. Where does Jo hope to be before she turns forty?
(a) She hopes to be rich and famous.
(b) She hopes to be married with lots of children.
(c) She hopes to be living in France.
(d) She hopes to be dead and buried.
5. What does Jo find in Peter's wallet?
(a) She finds a note addressed to Helen.
(b) She finds one hundred dollars.
(c) She finds his business cards.
(d) She finds pictures of lots of other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What media does Geof discover that Jo has used for her drawing?
2. Why does her boyfriend like that it gets dark early?
3. What is Geof cutting out of cloth?
4. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
5. Since the move, what is the difference in travel time for Jo's trip to school?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)