|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jo think is still in her boyfriend somewhere, despite his current life?
(a) She thinks there is still a bit of New York in him.
(b) She thinks there is still a bit of iceberg in him.
(c) She thinks there is still a bit of jungle in him.
(d) She thinks there is still a bit of tundra in him.
2. What excuse does Jo give when it is time for her to go?
(a) She is tired.
(b) Her curfew is up.
(c) Her mother is waiting.
(d) She is hungry.
3. What was Helen's first job?
(a) She worked at a small pub.
(b) She worked as an administrative assistant.
(c) She worked for telemarketers.
(d) She worked as an undertaker.
4. Just before he leaves, what does Peter whisper to Helen (according to the stage directions)?
(a) Peter whispers a threat on Jo's life.
(b) Peter whispers a dirty joke to Helen.
(c) Peter whispers words of love.
(d) Peter whispers an invitation to his house.
5. Where have Jo and her boyfriend gone to be alone?
(a) His ship, behind the prow.
(b) The deserted football pitch.
(c) The schoolhouse, after everyone has gone.
(d) The old hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the barbaric cult the boy feels he is suddenly trapped in?
2. What has Peter brought specifically for Jo?
3. About how many people live in their district in the city, according to Jo?
4. What does Peter have in his mouth?
5. Why does Helen love the dark?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)