|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the items Jo finds in her boyfriend's pocket?
(a) She finds a stick of chewing gum.
(b) She finds a gun.
(c) She finds a toy car.
(d) She finds a receipt for $1,000.
2. What, because of the time period of the play, is the significant difference between Jo and her boyfriend?
(a) Jo is Caucasian and her boyfriend is African.
(b) Jo is a young girl, and her boyfriend is an old man.
(c) Jo is very tall, and her boyfriend is very short.
(d) Jo is English, and her boyfriend is American.
3. What is the climate like in the new apartment according to Helen?
(a) The apartment is terribly muggy, like a steamhouse.
(b) The apartment is stuffy.
(c) The apartment is swelteringly hot.
(d) The apartment is cold and drafty, a shelter to the four winds.
4. Where do Jo and her boyfriend agree to meet the next day?
(a) They agree to meet at the ladies hairdressing place.
(b) They agree to meet at the pier by his ship.
(c) They agree to meet in front of Jo's apartment.
(d) They agree to meet in the park.
5. What has Jo decided to do after Christmas?
(a) She has decided to go to college.
(b) She has decided to quit school
(c) She has decided to get a pet.
(d) She has decided to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does her boyfriend like that it gets dark early?
2. What type of music do the first stage directions say should be playing?
3. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
4. Why does Helen keep using a handkerchief?
5. How does Jo think Helen will react to the engagement?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)