|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jo get her flower bulbs?
(a) She gets them from her neighbor's garden.
(b) She gets them at the flower shops, for two cents apiece.
(c) They are gifts from her father.
(d) She gets them in the park, when the gardener isn't looking.
2. Regarding her drawings, Jo claims she is not only talented, but:
3. What is the climate like in the new apartment according to Helen?
(a) The apartment is stuffy.
(b) The apartment is cold and drafty, a shelter to the four winds.
(c) The apartment is swelteringly hot.
(d) The apartment is terribly muggy, like a steamhouse.
4. What part of England is the apartment in?
5. What is Helen's age compared to Peter's age?
(a) Peter is exactly three months older.
(b) Peter is old enough to be Helen's father.
(c) Helen is old enough to be Peter's mother.
(d) Helen and Peter are the same age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Helen chosen this apartment?
2. What is Helen's reaction to Jo's dream?
3. What was Helen's first job?
4. What does Helen try to give Jo when Jo complains of being cold?
5. How does Helen describe the wallpaper?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)