|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just before he leaves, what does Peter whisper to Helen (according to the stage directions)?
(a) Peter whispers words of love.
(b) Peter whispers a threat on Jo's life.
(c) Peter whispers an invitation to his house.
(d) Peter whispers a dirty joke to Helen.
2. What is Helen's age compared to Peter's age?
(a) Peter is old enough to be Helen's father.
(b) Peter is exactly three months older.
(c) Helen and Peter are the same age.
(d) Helen is old enough to be Peter's mother.
3. What is Peter's profession?
(a) Peter is a car salesman.
(b) Peter is a lawyer.
(c) Peter is a cobbler.
(d) Peter is a teacher.
4. Where does Helen offer to send Jo?
(a) She offers to send her on a cruise.
(b) She offers to send her on a world tour.
(c) She offers to get her an apartment of her own.
(d) She offers to send her to art school.
5. What is the climate like in the new apartment according to Helen?
(a) The apartment is cold and drafty, a shelter to the four winds.
(b) The apartment is terribly muggy, like a steamhouse.
(c) The apartment is stuffy.
(d) The apartment is swelteringly hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound do Jo and Helen hear from the river?
2. What does Helen tell Peter she is giving up?
3. What is Helen's parenting strategy with Jo?
4. Why has Helen chosen this apartment?
5. What is Peter's last name?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)