|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Helen's first job?
(a) She worked at a small pub.
(b) She worked for telemarketers.
(c) She worked as an administrative assistant.
(d) She worked as an undertaker.
2. To what does Helen compare their bed?
(a) She compares it to a slaughterhouse.
(b) She compares it to a coffin.
(c) She compares it to a grassy knoll.
(d) She compares it to a cloud.
3. Does the apartment have a bathroom?
(a) No, the tenants have to use the resturant next door.
(b) Yes, but the bathroom has no door in the apartment.
(c) Yes, but the bathroom is communal and down the hall.
(d) No, the outhouse is outside.
4. What is Jo's relationship to Helen?
(a) Jo is Helen's daughter.
(b) Jo is Helen's mother.
(c) Jo is Helen's aunt.
(d) Jo is Helen's sister.
5. When Helen sits in the chair, what does she think it needs?
(a) She thinks the legs need to be repaired.
(b) She thinks it needs a cushion.
(c) She thinks it needs new springs.
(d) She thinks it needs to be reupholstered.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen describe the wallpaper?
2. Where does Jo plan to work after Christmas?
3. How does Jo burn herself?
4. What has Jo decided to do after Christmas?
5. What artistic item does Helen discover of Jo's?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)