|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Helen chosen this apartment?
(a) The neighborhood is much nicer than their old neighborhood.
(b) The two rooms allow Jo to have her own apartment.
(c) The appliances are new.
(d) The rent is low enough for her to pay.
2. Where have Jo and her boyfriend gone to be alone?
(a) The schoolhouse, after everyone has gone.
(b) The deserted football pitch.
(c) His ship, behind the prow.
(d) The old hospital.
3. What is Peter carrying when he enters the flat?
(a) He is carrying chocolates and flowers.
(b) He is carrying a suitcase.
(c) He is carrying his jacket and an umbrella.
(d) He is carrying a dog in from outside.
4. How does Helen explain Jo's behavior to Peter?
(a) Helen claims Jo is deaf.
(b) Helen claims Jo is jealous of her affections.
(c) Helen claims Jo is mentally slow.
(d) Helen claims Jo hates all men.
5. What does Jo think is still in her boyfriend somewhere, despite his current life?
(a) She thinks there is still a bit of New York in him.
(b) She thinks there is still a bit of tundra in him.
(c) She thinks there is still a bit of iceberg in him.
(d) She thinks there is still a bit of jungle in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Jo's boyfriend think that women are born?
2. How old is Jo's boyfriend?
3. What is Helen's age compared to Peter's age?
4. What factory is across the street from the flat?
5. What does Jo tell Helen she has dreamed?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)