|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jo not eligible for maternity leave money?
(a) She is too lazy to go down and collect the checks.
(b) She is being punished by her company.
(c) She has not been working long enough.
(d) Her baby does not have a father, and the companies will not pay.
2. What does Geof ask Jo?
(a) He asks her to cook him dinner.
(b) He asks her to go out and get a job.
(c) He asks her to contact Helen.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
3. Why does Helen love the dark?
(a) She has sensitive eyes, and bright lights hurt her.
(b) She is a thief, and everything is best stolen in the dark.
(c) She has very fair skin and sunburns easily.
(d) She thinks everything is best seen in the dark---including her.
4. What is Peter carrying when he enters the flat?
(a) He is carrying his jacket and an umbrella.
(b) He is carrying a suitcase.
(c) He is carrying a dog in from outside.
(d) He is carrying chocolates and flowers.
5. What is Jo's relationship to Helen?
(a) Jo is Helen's mother.
(b) Jo is Helen's aunt.
(c) Jo is Helen's sister.
(d) Jo is Helen's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specific kind of dark scares Jo?
2. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
3. Why does Geof say his landlady has kicked him out?
4. Where does Jo plan to work after Christmas?
5. Where does Jo hope to be before she turns forty?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)