|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jo think was was in love with, as she confesses to Heaven?
(a) She thought she was in love with the boy around the corner.
(b) She thought she was in love with a rock star.
(c) She thought she was in love with one of Helen's fancy men.
(d) She thought she was in love with a boy in a book.
2. Why does Jo let Geof stay with her?
(a) She is deeply in debt, and needs the money he can pay in rent.
(b) She wants him to teach her to draw.
(c) She claims she is sick of love, and knows he will not start anything.
(d) She is deeply in love with him, and hopes he will marry her.
3. Just before he leaves, what does Peter whisper to Helen (according to the stage directions)?
(a) Peter whispers a dirty joke to Helen.
(b) Peter whispers a threat on Jo's life.
(c) Peter whispers words of love.
(d) Peter whispers an invitation to his house.
4. What media does Geof discover that Jo has used for her drawing?
(a) Oil paint.
5. What does Helen plan on sending Jo every week from now on?
(c) Drawing paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excites her boyfriend the most about their relationship?
2. What is the color of the river, according to Jo?
3. How does Jo think Helen will react to the engagement?
4. What does Jo's boyfriend put in her milk?
5. Why did Jo used to smoke?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)