Act 1, Scene 1
• Helen and Jo have just moved into a new apartment.
• They immediately begin arguing because Jo is not happy about moving, and criticizing Helen for running away from yet another man.
• Jo seems more the adult in the situation, and scolds Helen for not thinking anything through.
• Jo tries to improve the apartment by putting a scarf over the bare bulb, but burns herself.
• Jo shows Helen the bulbs she has stolen from a gardener in the park.
• Jo reveals to Helen she plans to leave school at Christmas.
• Helen finds some of Jo's drawings and tries to convince her to attend art school
• Jo is not interested, and tells Helen about a dream she had where Helen was found dead under a rosebush.
• Peter, a heavy drinker and brash car salesman type, has followed Helen to the new apartment.
• He does not know Helen has...
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)