|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
2. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
3. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
4. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
5. What does Cleante ask Tartuffe to help him with at the beginning of Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the internal struggles between the members of the family in the play. What factors are to blame for these struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of religion in the play. Who offers an honest portrayal of religiousness in the play? What seems to be the author's thoughts on religion?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of Orgon and Mariane's relationship. What might the author be using their relationship to say regarding the time period in which the play was written?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)