|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
2. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
3. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
4. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
5. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of social class in the play. What is the author using the play to say in regards to social class? Which characters help the author accomplish these goals and how do they do so?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the internal struggles between the members of the family in the play. What factors are to blame for these struggles?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of Orgon and Mariane's relationship. What might the author be using their relationship to say regarding the time period in which the play was written?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)