Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
2. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
3. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
4. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
5. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of social class in the play. What is the author using the play to say in regards to social class? Which characters help the author accomplish these goals and how do they do so?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of Tartuffe and Orgon's relationship. How is this relationship formed? What about the nature of the relationship's formation suggests the relationship isn't genuine?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character Tartuffe in the play. What seems to be his true intentions? What seems to motivate his actions? How does he go about getting what he wants?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)