|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
2. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
3. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
4. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
5. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of religion in the play. Who offers an honest portrayal of religiousness in the play? What seems to be the author's thoughts on religion?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of Tartuffe and Orgon's relationship. How is this relationship formed? What about the nature of the relationship's formation suggests the relationship isn't genuine?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of temper in the play. Who is able to control their temper and who is not? What might the author be saying in terms of the repercussions of losing ones temper?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)