|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
3. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
4. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
5. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of loyalty in the play. Who is genuinely loyal? Who, and in what manner, do some characters feign loyalty? What significance is present by including both loyal and disloyal characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony in the family trying to con Tartuffe after he had already successfully conned them. What might the author be saying in terms of dishonesty by having the family's plan backfire?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of struggle in the character's actions and words in the play. What reasons does he have for presenting the character's actions and words in such contrast with one another?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)