|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
2. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
3. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
4. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
5. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of Tartuffe and Orgon's relationship. How is this relationship formed? What about the nature of the relationship's formation suggests the relationship isn't genuine?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of social class in the play. What is the author using the play to say in regards to social class? Which characters help the author accomplish these goals and how do they do so?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of comedy in the dialogue and scenery of the play. What are some ways that the dialogue of the play can be deemed comedic? What actions and scenery in the play are comedic? What tone might the author be trying to achieve through the use of comedy?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)