|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
2. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
3. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
4. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
5. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of struggle in the character's actions and words in the play. What reasons does he have for presenting the character's actions and words in such contrast with one another?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the servant characters in the play, namely Dorine and Filipote. How are these two characters portrayed differently? What purpose does the author have for presenting these characters so differently?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of temper in the play. Who is able to control their temper and who is not? What might the author be saying in terms of the repercussions of losing ones temper?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)