|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
2. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
3. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
4. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
5. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the internal struggles between the members of the family in the play. What factors are to blame for these struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony in the family trying to con Tartuffe after he had already successfully conned them. What might the author be saying in terms of dishonesty by having the family's plan backfire?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of loyalty in the play. Who is genuinely loyal? Who, and in what manner, do some characters feign loyalty? What significance is present by including both loyal and disloyal characters?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)