|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
2. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
3. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
4. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
5. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism in the king's intervention and subsequent absolution for Orgon at the end of the play. What message might the author be trying to get across with the use of this character?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the servant characters in the play, namely Dorine and Filipote. How are these two characters portrayed differently? What purpose does the author have for presenting these characters so differently?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of Tartuffe and Orgon's relationship. How is this relationship formed? What about the nature of the relationship's formation suggests the relationship isn't genuine?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)