Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
2. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
3. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
4. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
5. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of religion in the play. Who offers an honest portrayal of religiousness in the play? What seems to be the author's thoughts on religion?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Cleante's role as the voice of reason in the play. In what ways has he shown reasonable and thoughtful actions in the play? What might the author be using Cleante to represent?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of temper in the play. Who is able to control their temper and who is not? What might the author be saying in terms of the repercussions of losing ones temper?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)