|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Tartuffe say it is when he leaves Cleante in Act 4?
(a) Quarter past five.
(b) Half past three.
2. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
(b) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
(c) Killing Tartuffe.
(d) Framing Tartuffe.
3. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He tells her of his passion for her.
(b) He finds it odd.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He is eager.
4. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
5. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
2. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
3. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
4. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
5. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)