|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
2. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
3. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
4. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
(a) Under the table.
(b) Behind the curtains.
(c) Behind a plant.
(d) In the closet.
5. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
(a) To throw Tartuffe in the street.
(b) Tell Orgon of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire.
(c) To tell on Elmire.
(d) To kill Tartuffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
2. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
3. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
4. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
5. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)