|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
2. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Expose him as a liar.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
(d) Kill him.
3. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
4. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
(a) A good person.
(b) A holy woman.
(d) Very gay.
5. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her knee.
(d) Her neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
2. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
3. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
4. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
5. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)