|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
2. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
3. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
4. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Refuse to marry Mariane.
(b) Marry Dorine.
(c) Leave their home.
(d) Give back Orgon's money.
5. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
2. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
3. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
4. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
5. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)