|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
2. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Refuse to marry Mariane.
(b) Give back Orgon's money.
(c) Leave their home.
(d) Marry Dorine.
3. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
4. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
(b) Licorice and mint.
(c) Hard candies.
5. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
2. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
3. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
4. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
5. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)