|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
(a) Kiss her hand.
(b) Open the window.
(c) Close the door.
(d) Bring her some water.
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
3. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
(a) Fantasy and fairy tales.
(b) Wishful thinking.
(c) Silly gossip.
4. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
(a) If he left Orgon's house.
(b) If he married Mariane.
(c) If he refused to marry Mariane.
(d) If he married Elmire.
5. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
2. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
3. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
4. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
5. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)