|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) For more wealth.
(b) For her good health.
(c) For Orgon.
(d) For the homeless.
2. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
(a) Opens the closet door.
(b) Listens at the door.
(c) Approaches Tartuffe.
(d) Sneaks out.
3. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
4. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
(a) There are religious rites that demand his presence.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He is tired of him.
(d) He needs sleep.
5. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
2. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
3. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
4. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
5. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)