|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
(a) To throw Tartuffe in the street.
(b) To tell on Elmire.
(c) To kill Tartuffe.
(d) Tell Orgon of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire.
2. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
3. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
(a) Wicked and culpable.
(b) Sorry and pitiful.
(c) Ashamed and sad.
(d) Regretful and worried.
4. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
(b) Denies it.
(c) Confesses and apologizes.
5. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
(a) If he married Mariane.
(b) If he married Elmire.
(c) If he left Orgon's house.
(d) If he refused to marry Mariane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
2. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
3. Who says, "Shouldn't a Christian pardon the offense and purge his soul of desire for vengeance"?
4. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
5. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)