|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
2. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
3. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
(a) Behind a plant.
(b) Under the table.
(c) In the closet.
(d) Behind the curtains.
4. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
5. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
2. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
3. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
4. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
5. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)