|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His holiness.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His opinion.
(d) His integrity.
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
3. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Expose him as a liar.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
(d) Kill him.
4. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Disowns him.
(d) Slaps him.
5. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
2. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
3. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
4. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
5. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)