|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
(a) To throw Tartuffe in the street.
(b) To kill Tartuffe.
(c) Tell Orgon of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire.
(d) To tell on Elmire.
2. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
3. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
4. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
5. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
(a) Sorry and pitiful.
(b) Regretful and worried.
(c) Wicked and culpable.
(d) Ashamed and sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
3. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
4. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
5. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)