|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
(b) A good person.
(c) A holy woman.
(d) Very gay.
2. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
3. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
(a) Confesses and apologizes.
(b) Denies it.
4. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Disowns him.
5. What does Cleante ask Tartuffe to help him with at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Fixing Orgon's finances.
(b) Mending Orgon and Damis' relationship.
(c) Talking to Elmire about a problem.
(d) Joining Mariane and Valere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
2. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
3. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
4. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
5. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)