|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Her knee.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her arm.
2. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
(a) Because he doesn't need to be nosy.
(b) Because he angers easily.
(c) Because he may be caught.
(d) Because he will ruin the plan.
3. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
4. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
5. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
(b) Because she is sick.
(c) She wants more water.
(d) To get Orgon's attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
2. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
3. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
4. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
5. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)