|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
(a) Under the table.
(b) Behind a plant.
(c) In the closet.
(d) Behind the curtains.
2. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
(a) Because he doesn't need to be nosy.
(b) Because he angers easily.
(c) Because he will ruin the plan.
(d) Because he may be caught.
3. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(d) Cleante and Dorine.
4. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
5. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Tartuffe say it is when he leaves Cleante in Act 4?
2. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
3. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
4. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
5. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)