|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Killing Tartuffe.
(b) Framing Tartuffe.
(c) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
(d) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
3. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
4. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
5. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
2. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
3. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
4. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
5. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)