|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "I can't undo this."
(b) "This isn't your decision."
(c) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
(d) "This is not up for discussion."
2. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
(a) If he married Elmire.
(b) If he refused to marry Mariane.
(c) If he married Mariane.
(d) If he left Orgon's house.
3. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
4. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
5. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
2. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
3. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
4. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
5. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)