|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
2. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
3. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
4. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her laughter.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her wittiness.
(d) Her supreme splendor.
5. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
2. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
3. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
5. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)