|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
2. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Disowns him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Yells at him.
3. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
4. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Under the piano.
(b) Under a chain.
(c) In the closet.
(d) Behind a plant.
5. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
2. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
3. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
4. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
5. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)