|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
(b) Idle minds.
2. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
3. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
4. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
5. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
3. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
4. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
5. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)