|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
2. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
(a) A holy woman.
(b) A good person.
(c) Very gay.
3. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) To get Orgon's attention.
(c) She wants more water.
(d) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
4. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) For more wealth.
(b) For her good health.
(c) For Orgon.
(d) For the homeless.
5. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
2. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
3. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
4. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
5. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)