|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
2. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
(a) He needs sleep.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) There are religious rites that demand his presence.
(d) He is tired of him.
3. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
(c) Idle minds.
4. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
5. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
2. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
3. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
4. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
5. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)