|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
(b) Framing Tartuffe.
(c) Killing Tartuffe.
(d) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
2. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
3. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Hide in the room.
(b) Stop them.
(c) Listen at the door.
(d) Go outside.
4. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
5. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
2. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
3. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
4. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
5. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)