|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
2. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His integrity.
(b) His opinion.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His holiness.
3. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
(a) A convent.
(b) A grave.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A brothel.
4. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
5. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Expose him as a liar.
(c) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
2. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
3. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
4. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
5. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)