|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
2. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
(a) Fantasy and fairy tales.
(c) Silly gossip.
(d) Wishful thinking.
3. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) Into the hallway.
(b) Out the window.
(c) Into the living room.
(d) Into the kitchen.
4. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
5. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
2. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
3. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
4. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
5. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)