|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
2. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
3. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Framing Tartuffe.
(b) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
(c) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
(d) Killing Tartuffe.
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
5. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Tartuffe say it is when he leaves Cleante in Act 4?
2. Who says, "Shouldn't a Christian pardon the offense and purge his soul of desire for vengeance"?
3. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
4. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
5. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)