|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
2. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
(a) He needs sleep.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) There are religious rites that demand his presence.
(d) He is tired of him.
3. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) She wants more water.
(b) Because she is sick.
(c) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
(d) To get Orgon's attention.
4. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He finds it odd.
(c) He tells her of his passion for her.
(d) He is eager.
5. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
2. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
3. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
4. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
5. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)