|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleante ask Tartuffe to help him with at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Joining Mariane and Valere.
(b) Talking to Elmire about a problem.
(c) Mending Orgon and Damis' relationship.
(d) Fixing Orgon's finances.
2. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A convent.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A grave.
3. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
4. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
(b) Because she is sick.
(c) To get Orgon's attention.
(d) She wants more water.
5. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
2. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
3. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
4. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
5. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)