|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
2. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
3. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
4. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
5. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
2. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
3. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
5. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Tartuffe give to Cleante when he asks him to help Orgon and Damis make up?
2. How does Orgon react after Cleante tells him to stop acting angry in Act 5?
3. Describe the interactions between Dorine and Tartuffe at the beginning of Act 3.
4. How does Orgon react toward Dorine's negative descriptions of Tartuffe in Act 2?
5. How does Orgon react when Damis reveals that Tartuffe made advances towards Elmire?
6. What does Elmire do just after Tartuffe begins making advances towards her in Act 4?
7. How does Tartuffe react when Dorine mentions that Elmire wanted to speak with him privately?
8. How does Damis react after he learns of Tartuffe's betrayal of Orgon?
9. What does Elmire say regarding her husband's feelings towards Tartuffe?
10. How does Tartuffe react towards Orgon after Damis reveals that he saw him making advances towards Elmire?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)