|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
2. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Bought new clothes.
(c) Spent it on food for others.
(d) Tried to give some back.
4. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
5. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About his inheritance.
(b) About evicting Tartuffe.
(c) About the marriage of Mariane.
(d) About a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
2. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
3. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
4. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
5. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Valere and Mariane regarding Orgon's wish for her to marry Tartuffe.
2. What news does Valere share when he first appears in Act 5?
3. What is the nature of Orgon's friend Argas' documents?
4. How does Orgon react when Damis reveals that Tartuffe made advances towards Elmire?
5. What is Valere's reaction just after learning of Orgon's plans for Mariane to marry Tartuffe?
6. What does Cleante come to talk to Tartuffe about at the beginning of Act 4?
7. What plan does Dorine come up with at the end of Act 2 in hopes of preventing Mariane from marrying Tartuffe?
8. How does Orgon react after Cleante tells him to stop acting angry in Act 5?
9. What does Dorine say to Mariane after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
10. Why does Damis ask Cleante to discuss the upcoming marriage of Mariane with Orgon in Act 1?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)