|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
2. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Uncle and niece.
(c) Brother and sister.
3. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
4. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
(a) "Out of the question, father, I assure you!"
(b) "It is your will."
(c) "I dare not!"
(d) "Whatever your wish father."
5. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
(b) "Go off together happily."
(c) "Go be happy and conspire."
(d) "Make up and celebrate."
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
2. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
3. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
4. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
5. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What response does Cleante give Tartuffe when he refuses to help mend Orgon and Damis' relationship?
2. How does Mariane react when her father asks her to marry Tartuffe?
3. What does Cleante scold Orgon about at the beginning of Act 5?
4. How does Orgon react toward Dorine's negative descriptions of Tartuffe in Act 2?
5. How does Orgon react when Damis reveals that Tartuffe made advances towards Elmire?
6. What reason does Orgon give to Elmire excusing why he refuses to believe Damis over Tartuffe?
7. Describe the interaction between Orgon and Mariane near the beginning of Act 4.
8. What does Dorine say to Mariane after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
9. In what way does Tartuffe "put the moves" on Elmire near the beginning of Act 3?
10. How does Dorine describe her scheme to get Orgon to distrust Tartuffe at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)