|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A snake.
(b) A wench.
(c) A shrew.
(d) A rat.
3. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
5. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
2. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
3. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
4. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
5. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cleante come to talk to Tartuffe about at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Describe the interactions between Dorine and Tartuffe at the beginning of Act 3.
3. What does Orgon tell his family regarding the secret he has shared with Tartuffe?
4. Describe how Madame Pernelle takes defense of Tartuffe at the beginning of Act 1.
5. How does Dorine react toward Mariane regarding Orgon's request that she marry Tartuffe?
6. Why does Elmire ask Tartuffe to go into the hallway during their encounter in Act 4?
7. What news does Valere share when he first appears in Act 5?
8. How does Dorine describe her scheme to get Orgon to distrust Tartuffe at the beginning of Act 3?
9. How does Tartuffe react towards Orgon after Damis reveals that he saw him making advances towards Elmire?
10. What is the nature of Tartuffe's dialogue when he first appears in Act 3?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)