|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(b) "What's going to happen?"
(c) "Is this what you want?"
(d) "What do you think of this?"
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Give him work.
(b) Take him into his home.
(c) Clothe him.
(d) Feed him.
4. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
5. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A rodent.
(b) A hypocrite.
(c) An imposter.
(d) A recluse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
2. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
3. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
4. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cleante scold Orgon about at the beginning of Act 5?
2. What does Orgon ask Dorine about when he first enters the scene in Act 1?
3. What response does Cleante give Tartuffe when he refuses to help mend Orgon and Damis' relationship?
4. What excuse does Tartuffe give to Cleante when he asks him to help Orgon and Damis make up?
5. What does Dorine say to Mariane after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
6. How does Damis react after he learns of Tartuffe's betrayal of Orgon?
7. What does Elmire say regarding her husband's feelings towards Tartuffe?
8. What is the nature of Tartuffe's dialogue when he first appears in Act 3?
9. Describe the interaction between Tartuffe and the officer at the end of Act 5.
10. What is the nature of Orgon and Mariane's discussion at the beginning of Act 2 just before Tartuffe is brought up?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)