|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
4. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
5. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
4. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
5. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Madame Pernelle takes defense of Tartuffe at the beginning of Act 1.
2. In what way does Dorine say Tartuffe has changed since he came to their house?
3. What is the nature of Orgon and Mariane's discussion at the beginning of Act 2 just before Tartuffe is brought up?
4. Describe the interaction between Tartuffe and the officer at the end of Act 5.
5. How does Dorine describe Orgon and Tartuffe's relationship to Cleante in Act 1?
6. Describe Dorine and Cleante's pleas to Orgon regarding Mariane's marriage in Act 4.
7. How does Dorine react toward Mariane regarding Orgon's request that she marry Tartuffe?
8. What does Orgon ask Dorine about when he first enters the scene in Act 1?
9. What is Valere's reaction just after learning of Orgon's plans for Mariane to marry Tartuffe?
10. What is the nature of Tartuffe's dialogue when he first appears in Act 3?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)