|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
2. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
3. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
(a) A holy woman.
(b) A good person.
(d) Very gay.
4. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
5. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
(d) Tall tales.
6. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Disowns him.
7. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
8. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
9. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
10. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
11. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
12. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Killing Tartuffe.
(b) Framing Tartuffe.
(c) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
(d) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
13. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
14. Who says, "Shouldn't a Christian pardon the offense and purge his soul of desire for vengeance"?
15. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
(a) A grave.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
2. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
3. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
4. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
5. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)