|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
2. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
(d) Idle minds.
3. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
4. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
(b) Confesses and apologizes.
(c) Denies it.
5. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A note.
(c) A flower.
(d) A handkerchief.
6. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
7. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
8. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
(c) Licorice and mint.
(d) Hard candies.
9. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
(c) Expose him as a liar.
(d) Kill him.
10. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) Cleante and Dorine.
11. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
12. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
(a) Mariane's hand in marriage.
(b) Elmire as his wife.
(c) The deed to his land.
(d) His house.
13. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
(a) Listens at the door.
(b) Approaches Tartuffe.
(c) Sneaks out.
(d) Opens the closet door.
14. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) Into the living room.
(b) Into the hallway.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) Out the window.
15. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His opinion.
(b) His integrity.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His holiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
2. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
3. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
4. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
5. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)