|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
2. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
(b) "This isn't your decision."
(c) "I can't undo this."
(d) "This is not up for discussion."
3. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
4. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
(a) Licorice and mint.
(c) Hard candies.
5. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
6. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
(a) His house.
(b) Elmire as his wife.
(c) Mariane's hand in marriage.
(d) The deed to his land.
7. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her inheritance.
(c) Dorine's hand in marriage.
(d) One night with her.
8. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Disowns him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Hugs him.
9. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
(a) Idle minds.
10. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
(b) Framing Tartuffe.
(c) Killing Tartuffe.
(d) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
11. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
12. What does Cleante ask Tartuffe to help him with at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Fixing Orgon's finances.
(b) Talking to Elmire about a problem.
(c) Joining Mariane and Valere.
(d) Mending Orgon and Damis' relationship.
13. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
14. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
15. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
(a) Confesses and apologizes.
(d) Denies it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
2. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
3. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
4. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
5. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)