Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(a) Loser and scum.
(b) Bum and bigot.
(c) Rude and unseemly.
2. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
3. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
4. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Talking to Orgon.
(b) Standing up.
(c) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(d) Listening to Tartuffe.
5. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) The hallway.
(b) A desk drawer.
(c) His coat pocket.
(d) The closet.
6. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(a) The Lord.
(c) The eternal.
7. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
8. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
9. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
10. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
11. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
12. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
13. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
14. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
15. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) A rodent.
(c) A recluse.
(d) An imposter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
2. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
3. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
4. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)