|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
3. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
4. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(c) The Lord.
(d) The eternal.
5. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
6. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A snake.
(b) A wench.
(c) A shrew.
(d) A rat.
7. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
8. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
9. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
10. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(b) "It is certain".
(c) "It is likely".
11. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Pure rot.
(b) Simply garbage.
(c) Dirty lies.
(d) Hearty smut.
12. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
13. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(b) Clear his debts.
(c) Clothe and feed him.
(d) Give him a home.
14. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
15. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
2. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
4. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
5. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)