|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
3. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
4. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) A fever and headache.
(b) A fever.
(c) Breathing problems.
(d) The flu.
6. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Get witnesses and proof."
(b) "Gather friends and family."
(c) "Get prepared to fight."
(d) "Wage war on every front."
7. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A shrew.
(b) A rat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wench.
8. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
9. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
10. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A waste.
(b) A slut.
(c) A lass.
(d) A dog.
11. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
12. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
13. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) Tartuffe's reputation.
(b) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(c) For Mariane to marry Valere.
(d) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
14. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(b) Her love for Orgon.
(c) Her love for Valere.
(d) Her hate for Orgon.
15. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
2. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
3. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
4. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
5. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)