|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A recluse.
(b) A hypocrite.
(c) A rodent.
(d) An imposter.
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Spent it on food for others.
(c) Tried to give some back.
(d) Bought new clothes.
3. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
4. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
5. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
6. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(c) The Lord.
(d) The eternal.
7. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
8. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(b) Their friends.
9. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
10. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
11. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
12. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "Praise be!"
(b) "My dear man!"
(c) "Oh my!"
(d) "Poor fellow!"
13. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
14. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "Enough I say".
(b) "What you please".
(c) "I dare say not".
(d) "No more".
15. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
2. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
4. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
5. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)