|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
2. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
3. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
4. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(a) Uncle and niece.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
5. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Dirty lies.
(b) Simply garbage.
(c) Hearty smut.
(d) Pure rot.
6. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
7. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
8. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(d) Their friends.
9. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "No more".
(b) "Enough I say".
(c) "What you please".
(d) "I dare say not".
10. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
11. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
12. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Clothe and feed him.
(b) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(c) Clear his debts.
(d) Give him a home.
13. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
14. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
15. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
2. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
4. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
5. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)