|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Talking to Orgon.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(d) Standing up.
4. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
5. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
6. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(b) Their friends.
7. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
8. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(a) Rude and unseemly.
(c) Loser and scum.
(d) Bum and bigot.
9. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
10. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "It can't be true."
(b) "It will not happen."
(c) "I don't know".
(d) "What do you think?"
11. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Give him work.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Take him into his home.
(d) Clothe him.
12. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
13. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
14. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
15. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her hate for Orgon.
(b) Her love for Orgon.
(c) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(d) Her love for Valere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
2. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
3. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
4. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
5. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)