|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A waste.
(c) A slut.
(d) A lass.
2. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
3. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(a) Their friends.
4. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Clear his debts.
(b) Give him a home.
(c) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(d) Clothe and feed him.
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(a) "It is certain".
(c) "It is likely".
6. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
7. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
8. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
9. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
10. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Jean Giraudoux.
(c) Victor Hugo.
(d) Gustave Flaubert.
11. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About a job.
(b) About his inheritance.
(c) About evicting Tartuffe.
(d) About the marriage of Mariane.
12. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
13. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "Praise be!"
(b) "My dear man!"
(c) "Oh my!"
(d) "Poor fellow!"
14. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
15. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
4. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
5. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)