|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
2. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
3. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
5. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
6. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Give him a home.
(b) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(c) Clothe and feed him.
(d) Clear his debts.
7. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Jean Giraudoux.
(c) Gustave Flaubert.
(d) Victor Hugo.
8. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
9. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Give him work.
(b) Take him into his home.
(c) Feed him.
(d) Clothe him.
10. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
11. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
12. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
13. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "What do you think of this?"
(b) "Is this what you want?"
(c) "What's going to happen?"
(d) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
14. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "What do you think?"
(b) "It will not happen."
(c) "It can't be true."
(d) "I don't know".
15. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
2. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
3. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
4. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
5. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)