|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Get prepared to fight."
(b) "Gather friends and family."
(c) "Wage war on every front."
(d) "Get witnesses and proof."
2. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
4. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
5. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) His merits shine like a pearl.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He warms the heart.
(d) That he should be her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
2. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
3. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
4. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
5. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)