|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
2. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
3. Who says, "And don't degenerate to indignities. Leave to himself this miserable clown, and don't add to the remorse that weighs him down"?
4. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
5. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Is this what you want?"
(b) "What's going to happen?"
(c) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(d) "What do you think of this?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
2. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
3. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
4. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
5. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)