|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
2. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
3. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A lass.
(b) A dog.
(c) A slut.
(d) A waste.
5. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. Who tells Orgon that this betrayal by Tartuffe "is fair payment"?
3. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
4. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
5. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)