|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
2. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
3. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A shrew.
(b) A rat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wench.
4. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
(a) A convent.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A grave.
(d) A brothel.
5. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About evicting Tartuffe.
(b) About the marriage of Mariane.
(c) About a job.
(d) About his inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
2. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
3. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
5. Finish the sentence: "From the start, he pierced with his perceptive sight through the veils that hid this evil from ____."
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)