|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(c) Cleante and Dorine.
2. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
3. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
4. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
5. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
(a) Sorry and pitiful.
(b) Ashamed and sad.
(c) Regretful and worried.
(d) Wicked and culpable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
5. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)