|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
3. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
4. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
5. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A flower.
(c) A note.
(d) A handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the court bailiff give Orgon for admittance into his house in Act 5?
2. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
3. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
5. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)