|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family begin planning at the end of Act 5?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Tartuffe's funeral.
(c) Mariane and Valere's wedding.
(d) A party.
2. Who is arrested at the end of Act 5?
(d) No one.
3. Who says, "And thus I'd have a subterfuge on demand with which my conscience might muddle through in swearing to things that I knew weren't true"?
4. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her knee.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her arm.
5. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
2. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
3. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
4. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
5. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)