|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(c) The eternal.
(d) The Lord.
2. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
3. Who says, "You won't have to go far to hide in your lair. In the Prince's name we will shackle you fast"?
4. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Disowns him.
(d) Slaps him.
5. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
2. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
3. Who tells Orgon that Tartuffe has shown his friend's papers to someone in Act 5?
4. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
5. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)