|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
(a) A good person.
(b) Very gay.
(c) A holy woman.
2. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
3. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
(a) Sorry and pitiful.
(b) Ashamed and sad.
(c) Wicked and culpable.
(d) Regretful and worried.
4. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
5. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
2. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
3. What is the name of Orgon's friend for whom he is holding papers?
4. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
5. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)