|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the court bailiff Orgon allows in his house in Act 5?
(a) Mr. Black.
(b) Mr. Victory.
(c) Mr. Justice.
(d) Mr. Loyal.
2. Finish the sentence: "From the start, he pierced with his perceptive sight through the veils that hid this evil from ____."
3. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Give him work.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Take him into his home.
(d) Clothe him.
5. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
(a) Fantasy and fairy tales.
(b) Wishful thinking.
(d) Silly gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
2. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
3. Who is described as, "With what a fair appearance and touching zeal" who "hides a wicked soul and a heart of steel"?
4. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)