|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
(a) A grave.
(b) A convent.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A monastery.
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
3. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
4. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
(a) To throw Tartuffe in the street.
(b) To kill Tartuffe.
(c) To tell on Elmire.
(d) Tell Orgon of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire.
5. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
2. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
3. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
4. Who tells Orgon that Tartuffe has shown his friend's papers to someone in Act 5?
5. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)