|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "And for all my kindness, this is my fee. I lift the man out of his ______."
2. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
(b) Killing Tartuffe.
(c) Framing Tartuffe.
(d) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
3. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
4. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
5. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Listening to Tartuffe.
(b) Standing up.
(c) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(d) Talking to Orgon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
2. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
3. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
4. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
5. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)