|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Talking to Orgon.
(b) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(c) Standing up.
(d) Listening to Tartuffe.
3. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
(a) Behind a plant.
(b) Behind the curtains.
(c) In the closet.
(d) Under the table.
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "Enough I say".
(b) "I dare say not".
(c) "What you please".
(d) "No more".
5. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
2. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
3. Finish the sentence: "An order to evict both you and yours, put your furniture out and lock the _______."
4. Who says, "And thus I'd have a subterfuge on demand with which my conscience might muddle through in swearing to things that I knew weren't true"?
5. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)