|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
(a) Confront Tartuffe.
(b) Stand outside the window while she talks to him.
(c) Read a letter Tartuffe gave her.
(d) Hide in the room while she talks to him.
2. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
3. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "What do you think of this?"
(b) "Is this what you want?"
(c) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(d) "What's going to happen?"
4. Which two characters converse at the very beginning of Act 5?
(a) Orgon and Elmire.
(b) Tartuffe and Orgon.
(c) Dorine and Elmire.
(d) Orgon and Cleante.
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(c) "It is certain".
(d) "It is likely".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "And thus I'd have a subterfuge on demand with which my conscience might muddle through in swearing to things that I knew weren't true"?
2. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
3. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
5. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)