|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
2. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
3. What does Orgon say "troubles him greatly" at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) A safe.
(b) A key.
(c) A deed to his land.
(d) A box of papers.
4. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
5. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(a) Bum and bigot.
(b) Loser and scum.
(d) Rude and unseemly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
2. Who does Tartuffe show Orgon's friend's secret documents to?
3. Who says, "And don't degenerate to indignities. Leave to himself this miserable clown, and don't add to the remorse that weighs him down"?
4. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
5. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)