|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
2. Which two characters converse at the very beginning of Act 5?
(a) Orgon and Elmire.
(b) Orgon and Cleante.
(c) Dorine and Elmire.
(d) Tartuffe and Orgon.
3. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(a) The eternal.
(b) The Lord.
4. Finish the sentence: "And for all my kindness, this is my fee. I lift the man out of his ______."
5. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "Praise be!"
(b) "My dear man!"
(c) "Poor fellow!"
(d) "Oh my!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
2. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
3. Who calls Tartuffe "a treacherous cloak from all we venerate"?
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
5. Who is the third person to enter the scene in Act 5?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)