|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
2. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
3. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her wittiness.
(b) Her laughter.
(c) Her supreme splendor.
(d) Her beauty.
4. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
5. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Stop them.
(b) Go outside.
(c) Hide in the room.
(d) Listen at the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
2. Who calls Tartuffe "a treacherous cloak from all we venerate"?
3. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
4. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
5. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)