|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under a chain.
(c) Under the piano.
(d) Behind a plant.
2. What is the name of the court bailiff Orgon allows in his house in Act 5?
(a) Mr. Justice.
(b) Mr. Black.
(c) Mr. Loyal.
(d) Mr. Victory.
3. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His integrity.
(b) His opinion.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His holiness.
4. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
5. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
2. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
3. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
4. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
5. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)