|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
3. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
(a) If he married Elmire.
(b) If he married Mariane.
(c) If he left Orgon's house.
(d) If he refused to marry Mariane.
4. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
(a) Fantasy and fairy tales.
(c) Wishful thinking.
(d) Silly gossip.
5. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
2. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
3. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
4. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
5. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)