|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
2. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
(a) Ashamed and sad.
(b) Sorry and pitiful.
(c) Wicked and culpable.
(d) Regretful and worried.
3. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(c) Cleante and Dorine.
4. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(b) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(c) Mother and daughter.
5. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He is eager.
(c) He finds it odd.
(d) He tells her of his passion for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
2. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
3. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
4. What does Madame Pernelle tell Orgon people "always resent" in Act 5?
5. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)