|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
2. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He finds it odd.
(c) He is eager.
(d) He tells her of his passion for her.
3. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
4. How does Cleante describe the "measures" for which Orgon went about handling his secrets from Tartuffe at the beginning of Act 5?
5. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orgon respond when the court bailiff goes to leave in Act 5?
2. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "An order to evict both you and yours, put your furniture out and lock the _______."
4. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
5. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)