|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A grave.
(c) A convent.
(d) A monastery.
2. What does Orgon say "troubles him greatly" at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) A safe.
(b) A deed to his land.
(c) A key.
(d) A box of papers.
3. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His opinion.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His holiness.
(d) His integrity.
4. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
5. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(c) The eternal.
(d) The Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
2. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
3. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
4. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
5. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)