|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cleante describe the "measures" for which Orgon went about handling his secrets from Tartuffe at the beginning of Act 5?
2. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Tall tales.
3. How does Orgon respond when the court bailiff goes to leave in Act 5?
(a) "It is not so!"
(b) "May it confound you, and your employer!"
(c) "No I shall not stand for it!"
(d) "Not as I live!"
4. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under a chain.
(c) Behind a plant.
(d) Under the piano.
5. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Refuse to marry Mariane.
(b) Marry Dorine.
(c) Leave their home.
(d) Give back Orgon's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
2. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
3. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
4. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
5. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)