|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
2. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
(a) Kiss her hand.
(b) Open the window.
(c) Close the door.
(d) Bring her some water.
3. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
4. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
5. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
2. How does Orgon respond when the court bailiff goes to leave in Act 5?
3. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
4. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
5. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)