|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
2. What does Madame Pernelle tell her son people are telling him in regards to Tartuffe in Act 5?
(a) The truth.
(c) Lies and hearsay.
3. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
(a) Bring her some water.
(b) Open the window.
(c) Kiss her hand.
(d) Close the door.
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
5. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
(b) She wants more water.
(c) To get Orgon's attention.
(d) Because she is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
3. Where does the court bailiff tell Orgon and his family he is from?
4. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
5. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)