|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
(a) Hugs him.
(c) Runs away.
2. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
3. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
4. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
5. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
2. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
3. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
4. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
5. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)