|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He is eager.
(b) He finds it odd.
(c) He tells her of his passion for her.
(d) He leaves the room.
2. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A slut.
(c) A lass.
(d) A waste.
3. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
4. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(a) The eternal.
(d) The Lord.
5. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Go outside.
(b) Stop them.
(c) Listen at the door.
(d) Hide in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
2. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
3. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
4. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
5. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)