|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
2. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
(d) Idle minds.
3. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
4. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Spent it on food for others.
(c) Tried to give some back.
(d) Bought new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
2. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
3. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
4. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
5. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)