|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
2. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
(a) The marriage between Tartuffe and Mariane.
(b) The death of Tartuffe.
(c) Naming Tartuffe as his heir.
(d) The marriage of Mariane and Valere.
3. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A convent.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A grave.
4. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
5. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
2. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
3. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
4. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
5. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)