|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Closes her eyes.
(b) Looks away.
(c) Stops talking.
(d) Pleads with him.
2. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
4. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
(a) "I dare not!"
(b) "It is your will."
(c) "Out of the question, father, I assure you!"
(d) "Whatever your wish father."
5. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
2. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
5. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)