|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
(a) Confront Tartuffe.
(b) Stand outside the window while she talks to him.
(c) Read a letter Tartuffe gave her.
(d) Hide in the room while she talks to him.
2. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Clothe him.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Take him into his home.
(d) Give him work.
4. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
5. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A slut.
(c) A waste.
(d) A lass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
2. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
3. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
5. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)