|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
(d) Tall tales.
2. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
(c) Runs away.
(d) Hugs him.
3. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under a chain.
(c) Under the piano.
(d) Behind a plant.
4. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
5. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Get prepared to fight."
(b) "Get witnesses and proof."
(c) "Gather friends and family."
(d) "Wage war on every front."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
2. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
3. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
4. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
5. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)