|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
(a) The marriage between Tartuffe and Mariane.
(b) The death of Tartuffe.
(c) Naming Tartuffe as his heir.
(d) The marriage of Mariane and Valere.
2. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
(a) Because he will ruin the plan.
(b) Because he angers easily.
(c) Because he doesn't need to be nosy.
(d) Because he may be caught.
3. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) For the homeless.
(b) For Orgon.
(c) For more wealth.
(d) For her good health.
4. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Standing up.
(b) Talking to Orgon.
(c) Listening to Tartuffe.
(d) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
5. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
2. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
3. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
4. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
5. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)