|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(a) The Lord.
(c) The eternal.
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Standing up.
(b) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(c) Talking to Orgon.
(d) Listening to Tartuffe.
3. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
4. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) A desk drawer.
(b) The hallway.
(c) His coat pocket.
(d) The closet.
5. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Hide in the room.
(b) Go outside.
(c) Listen at the door.
(d) Stop them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
2. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
3. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
5. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)