|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
4. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under the piano.
(c) Under a chain.
(d) Behind a plant.
5. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
2. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
3. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
4. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
5. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)