|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
2. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her knee.
(d) Her neck.
3. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By working.
(b) By being happy.
(c) By moving away.
(d) By devoting herself to content him.
4. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
5. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Expose him as a liar.
(c) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
2. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
3. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
5. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)