|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
2. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Framing Tartuffe.
(b) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
(c) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
(d) Killing Tartuffe.
3. Who says, "Shouldn't a Christian pardon the offense and purge his soul of desire for vengeance"?
4. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
5. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
(b) "Make up and celebrate."
(c) "Go off together happily."
(d) "Go be happy and conspire."
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
2. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
3. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
5. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)