|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
(a) Very gay.
(b) A good person.
(d) A holy woman.
2. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) She wants more water.
(c) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
(d) To get Orgon's attention.
3. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
4. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(c) Cleante and Dorine.
5. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
(c) Tall tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
2. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
3. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
5. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)