|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "Go off together happily."
(b) "Make up and celebrate."
(c) "Go be happy and conspire."
(d) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
4. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(b) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(c) Tartuffe's reputation.
(d) For Mariane to marry Valere.
5. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Leave their home.
(b) Refuse to marry Mariane.
(c) Marry Dorine.
(d) Give back Orgon's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
2. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
3. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
4. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
5. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)