|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
2. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By moving away.
(b) By being happy.
(c) By working.
(d) By devoting herself to content him.
3. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
(a) Regretful and worried.
(b) Sorry and pitiful.
(c) Wicked and culpable.
(d) Ashamed and sad.
4. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) An imposter.
(c) A recluse.
(d) A rodent.
5. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
2. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
4. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
5. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)