|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Expose him as a liar.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
2. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
4. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
5. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
2. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
3. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
4. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
5. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)