|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her wittiness.
(c) Her supreme splendor.
(d) Her laughter.
2. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) For Mariane to marry Valere.
(b) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(c) Tartuffe's reputation.
(d) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
3. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About a job.
(b) About his inheritance.
(c) About evicting Tartuffe.
(d) About the marriage of Mariane.
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
5. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
2. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
4. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
5. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)