|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Stop them.
(b) Go outside.
(c) Listen at the door.
(d) Hide in the room.
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Give him work.
(c) Clothe him.
(d) Take him into his home.
3. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
(a) Open the window.
(b) Bring her some water.
(c) Kiss her hand.
(d) Close the door.
4. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(c) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) Breathing problems.
(b) A fever.
(c) A fever and headache.
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
2. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
3. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
4. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)