|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
2. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(b) Loser and scum.
(c) Rude and unseemly.
(d) Bum and bigot.
3. What time does Tartuffe say it is when he leaves Cleante in Act 4?
(a) Quarter past five.
(b) Half past three.
4. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
5. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
2. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
3. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
4. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
5. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)