|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "My dear man!"
(b) "Poor fellow!"
(c) "Praise be!"
(d) "Oh my!"
2. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
3. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) She wants more water.
(c) To get Orgon's attention.
(d) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
4. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
5. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) For Orgon.
(b) For the homeless.
(c) For her good health.
(d) For more wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
2. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
4. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
5. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)