|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
(a) Behind a plant.
(b) Behind the curtains.
(c) Under the table.
(d) In the closet.
2. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "No more".
(b) "Enough I say".
(c) "I dare say not".
(d) "What you please".
4. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
5. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(c) Cleante and Dorine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
2. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
3. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
4. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
5. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)