|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
2. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
3. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(c) "It is certain".
(d) "It is likely".
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A lass.
(c) A slut.
(d) A waste.
5. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "My dear man!"
(b) "Poor fellow!"
(c) "Praise be!"
(d) "Oh my!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
2. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
3. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
5. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)