|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
(a) A note.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A flower.
(d) A handkerchief.
2. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
3. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
(a) Opens the closet door.
(b) Sneaks out.
(c) Approaches Tartuffe.
(d) Listens at the door.
4. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
(c) Expose him as a liar.
(d) Kill him.
5. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "It can't be true."
(b) "It will not happen."
(c) "What do you think?"
(d) "I don't know".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
2. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
3. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
5. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)