|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "This isn't your decision."
(b) "I can't undo this."
(c) "This is not up for discussion."
(d) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
2. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(a) "It is certain".
(c) "It is likely".
3. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
4. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
5. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
2. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
3. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
4. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
5. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)