|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Tried to give some back.
(b) Spent it on food for others.
(c) Bought new clothes.
(d) Asked for more.
3. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her laughter.
(b) Her wittiness.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her supreme splendor.
4. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
5. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
(a) A good person.
(c) A holy woman.
(d) Very gay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
2. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
3. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
4. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
5. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)