|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
2. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
3. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Marry Dorine.
(b) Leave their home.
(c) Give back Orgon's money.
(d) Refuse to marry Mariane.
4. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
5. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
3. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
4. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
5. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)