|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleante ask Tartuffe to help him with at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Fixing Orgon's finances.
(b) Mending Orgon and Damis' relationship.
(c) Joining Mariane and Valere.
(d) Talking to Elmire about a problem.
2. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(a) "It is certain".
(d) "It is likely".
3. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
4. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Disowns him.
(d) Slaps him.
5. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
2. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
3. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
4. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
5. Who says, "Shouldn't a Christian pardon the offense and purge his soul of desire for vengeance"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)