|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
(a) One night with her.
(b) Dorine's hand in marriage.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her home.
2. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
3. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) Cleante and Dorine.
4. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
5. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(b) "Is this what you want?"
(c) "What do you think of this?"
(d) "What's going to happen?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
3. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
4. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
5. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)