|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
(a) A note.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A flower.
2. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
(a) His shoes and pants.
(b) His hat and cane.
(c) His hair shirt and scourge.
(d) His books and papers.
3. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
(a) The deed to his land.
(b) Mariane's hand in marriage.
(c) His house.
(d) Elmire as his wife.
4. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her hate for Orgon.
(b) Her love for Orgon.
(c) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(d) Her love for Valere.
5. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
2. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
3. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
4. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
5. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)