|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
2. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) Breathing problems.
(b) The flu.
(c) A fever and headache.
(d) A fever.
3. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A lass.
(b) A waste.
(c) A slut.
(d) A dog.
4. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
5. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
2. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
3. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
4. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
5. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)