|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
2. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
3. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
4. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
5. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
3. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
4. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
5. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)