|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
2. What time does Tartuffe say it is when he leaves Cleante in Act 4?
(a) Quarter past five.
(d) Half past three.
3. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Give him work.
(b) Take him into his home.
(c) Clothe him.
(d) Feed him.
5. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
2. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
3. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
4. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
5. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)