|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Give back Orgon's money.
(b) Refuse to marry Mariane.
(c) Leave their home.
(d) Marry Dorine.
2. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(d) Cleante and Dorine.
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) That he should be her husband.
(b) His merits shine like a pearl.
(c) He warms the heart.
(d) He is handsome.
4. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About his inheritance.
(b) About evicting Tartuffe.
(c) About a job.
(d) About the marriage of Mariane.
5. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
2. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
3. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
4. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
5. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)