|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
2. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Give him a home.
(b) Clear his debts.
(c) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(d) Clothe and feed him.
3. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
4. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(b) Cleante and Dorine.
5. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
4. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
5. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)