|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
2. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
(a) He needs sleep.
(b) He is tired of him.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) There are religious rites that demand his presence.
3. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Runs away.
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(b) Gustave Flaubert.
(d) Jean Giraudoux.
5. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
(a) One night with her.
(b) Her home.
(c) Dorine's hand in marriage.
(d) Her inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
2. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
3. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
5. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)