|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He finds it odd.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He is eager.
(d) He tells her of his passion for her.
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Cleante and Dorine.
(b) Orgon and Tartuffe.
(c) Elmire and Orgon.
(d) Elmire and Dorine.
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) That he should be her husband.
(c) He warms the heart.
(d) His merits shine like a pearl.
4. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) Breathing problems.
(b) The flu.
(c) A fever.
(d) A fever and headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
2. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
3. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
4. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
5. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)