|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Stops talking.
(b) Pleads with him.
(c) Closes her eyes.
(d) Looks away.
2. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Wage war on every front."
(b) "Get witnesses and proof."
(c) "Gather friends and family."
(d) "Get prepared to fight."
3. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
4. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Bought new clothes.
(c) Spent it on food for others.
(d) Tried to give some back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
3. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
4. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
5. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)