|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
2. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
3. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Looks away.
(b) Pleads with him.
(c) Stops talking.
(d) Closes her eyes.
4. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
(b) She wants more water.
(c) To get Orgon's attention.
(d) Because she is sick.
5. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
2. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
3. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
4. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
5. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)