|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
(a) Idle minds.
2. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
3. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "My dear man!"
(b) "Poor fellow!"
(c) "Praise be!"
(d) "Oh my!"
4. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He tells her of his passion for her.
(b) He finds it odd.
(c) He is eager.
(d) He leaves the room.
5. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
2. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
3. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
4. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
5. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)