|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
(a) Disowns him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Hugs him.
2. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He finds it odd.
(b) He tells her of his passion for her.
(c) He is eager.
(d) He leaves the room.
3. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
4. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
(a) "Out of the question, father, I assure you!"
(b) "Whatever your wish father."
(c) "I dare not!"
(d) "It is your will."
5. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
(a) Hide in the room while she talks to him.
(b) Confront Tartuffe.
(c) Stand outside the window while she talks to him.
(d) Read a letter Tartuffe gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
2. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
4. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
5. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)