|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
(a) A note.
(b) A flower.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A kiss.
2. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
3. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
(a) Approaches Tartuffe.
(b) Sneaks out.
(c) Opens the closet door.
(d) Listens at the door.
4. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "It can't be true."
(b) "I don't know".
(c) "It will not happen."
(d) "What do you think?"
5. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
3. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
4. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
5. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)