|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
2. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(b) "Is this what you want?"
(c) "What's going to happen?"
(d) "What do you think of this?"
4. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
5. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
2. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
4. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
5. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)