|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
2. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He is eager.
(b) He finds it odd.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He tells her of his passion for her.
3. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Runs away.
4. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
5. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her knee.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
3. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
4. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
5. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)