|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
3. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(b) Gustave Flaubert.
(c) Jean Giraudoux.
5. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
(a) The death of Tartuffe.
(b) Naming Tartuffe as his heir.
(c) The marriage between Tartuffe and Mariane.
(d) The marriage of Mariane and Valere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
3. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
4. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
5. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)