|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Stops talking.
(b) Looks away.
(c) Pleads with him.
(d) Closes her eyes.
2. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under a chain.
(c) Behind a plant.
(d) Under the piano.
3. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
4. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
5. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
(a) A grave.
(b) A convent.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
2. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
3. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
4. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)