|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "I don't know".
(b) "What do you think?"
(c) "It will not happen."
(d) "It can't be true."
2. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Her home.
(c) One night with her.
(d) Dorine's hand in marriage.
3. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "What you please".
(b) "No more".
(c) "Enough I say".
(d) "I dare say not".
5. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He finds it odd.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He is eager.
(d) He tells her of his passion for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
3. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
4. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
5. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)