|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
3. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
4. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
5. What time does Tartuffe say it is when he leaves Cleante in Act 4?
(a) Half past three.
(d) Quarter past five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
2. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
3. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
4. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
5. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)