|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
(a) Ashamed and sad.
(b) Wicked and culpable.
(c) Sorry and pitiful.
(d) Regretful and worried.
2. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
3. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
4. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(b) Bum and bigot.
(c) Loser and scum.
(d) Rude and unseemly.
5. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) Tartuffe's reputation.
(b) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(c) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(d) For Mariane to marry Valere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
4. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
5. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)