|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A rodent.
(b) A recluse.
(c) An imposter.
(d) A hypocrite.
2. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
3. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(b) Talking to Orgon.
(c) Standing up.
(d) Listening to Tartuffe.
4. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
5. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(c) Their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
2. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
3. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
4. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
5. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)