|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
2. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
3. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Talking to Orgon.
(d) Standing up.
4. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "Praise be!"
(b) "Oh my!"
(c) "Poor fellow!"
(d) "My dear man!"
5. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
2. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
4. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
5. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)