|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(a) Loser and scum.
(b) Rude and unseemly.
(d) Bum and bigot.
2. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
4. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His opinion.
(b) His holiness.
(c) His integrity.
(d) His honesty.
5. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
2. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
4. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
5. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)