|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By devoting herself to content him.
(b) By being happy.
(c) By working.
(d) By moving away.
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Dirty lies.
(b) Hearty smut.
(c) Pure rot.
(d) Simply garbage.
4. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
5. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
3. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
5. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)