|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
2. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Behind a plant.
(b) Under a chain.
(c) Under the piano.
(d) In the closet.
3. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(d) Their friends.
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Jean Giraudoux.
(c) Victor Hugo.
5. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(b) Her love for Valere.
(c) Her love for Orgon.
(d) Her hate for Orgon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
2. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
3. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
4. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
5. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)