|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
2. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) The closet.
(b) A desk drawer.
(c) His coat pocket.
(d) The hallway.
3. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
4. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
(a) Confesses and apologizes.
(b) Denies it.
5. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A rat.
(b) A shrew.
(c) A wench.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
2. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
3. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
4. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
5. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)