|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
(a) A flower.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A note.
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
3. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her knee.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her neck.
4. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
5. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) A desk drawer.
(b) His coat pocket.
(c) The closet.
(d) The hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
2. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
3. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
4. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
5. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)