|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
2. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
3. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her love for Orgon.
(b) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(c) Her hate for Orgon.
(d) Her love for Valere.
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
5. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
3. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
4. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
5. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)