|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
4. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
5. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Simply garbage.
(b) Pure rot.
(c) Hearty smut.
(d) Dirty lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
2. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
5. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)