|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
2. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "My dear man!"
(b) "Poor fellow!"
(c) "Praise be!"
(d) "Oh my!"
3. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
4. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
(a) Because he angers easily.
(b) Because he will ruin the plan.
(c) Because he doesn't need to be nosy.
(d) Because he may be caught.
5. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
2. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
3. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
4. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
5. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)