|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
2. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By moving away.
(b) By being happy.
(c) By working.
(d) By devoting herself to content him.
3. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
4. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) His coat pocket.
(b) The closet.
(c) The hallway.
(d) A desk drawer.
5. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Listen at the door.
(b) Go outside.
(c) Hide in the room.
(d) Stop them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
2. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
3. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
4. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
5. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)