|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
2. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
(b) That Orgon will disown him.
(c) That Orgon will break his promise.
(d) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
3. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Jean Giraudoux.
(b) Victor Hugo.
(d) Gustave Flaubert.
5. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
2. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
3. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
4. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
5. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)