|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(b) Uncle and niece.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Brother and sister.
2. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
3. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
(a) Naming Tartuffe as his heir.
(b) The death of Tartuffe.
(c) The marriage between Tartuffe and Mariane.
(d) The marriage of Mariane and Valere.
4. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
(a) Confesses and apologizes.
(c) Denies it.
5. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
2. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
3. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
4. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)