|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(c) The Lord.
(d) The eternal.
2. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her laughter.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her supreme splendor.
(d) Her wittiness.
3. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
4. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
5. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
2. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
3. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
4. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
5. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)