|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
2. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) Tartuffe's reputation.
(b) For Mariane to marry Valere.
(c) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(d) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
3. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
4. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
5. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
2. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
3. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
4. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
5. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)