|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "I dare say not".
(b) "No more".
(c) "What you please".
(d) "Enough I say".
2. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
3. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
(a) Approaches Tartuffe.
(b) Listens at the door.
(c) Opens the closet door.
(d) Sneaks out.
4. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
5. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
2. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
3. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
4. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
5. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)