|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
(a) To throw Tartuffe in the street.
(b) Tell Orgon of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire.
(c) To tell on Elmire.
(d) To kill Tartuffe.
2. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
3. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
5. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
(b) That Orgon will disown him.
(c) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(d) That Orgon will break his promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
2. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
3. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
4. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)