|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Closes her eyes.
(b) Stops talking.
(c) Looks away.
(d) Pleads with him.
2. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His opinion.
(b) His integrity.
(c) His holiness.
(d) His honesty.
3. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
4. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
5. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
(a) To tell on Elmire.
(b) To throw Tartuffe in the street.
(c) To kill Tartuffe.
(d) Tell Orgon of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
4. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
5. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)