|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
3. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "It will not happen."
(b) "What do you think?"
(c) "It can't be true."
(d) "I don't know".
4. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
5. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
(a) Because he will ruin the plan.
(b) Because he doesn't need to be nosy.
(c) Because he may be caught.
(d) Because he angers easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
2. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
5. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)