|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her love for Orgon.
(b) Her love for Valere.
(c) Her hate for Orgon.
(d) Her hate for Tartuffe.
2. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Expose him as a liar.
(d) Kill him.
3. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
4. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
(a) Approaches Tartuffe.
(b) Opens the closet door.
(c) Sneaks out.
(d) Listens at the door.
5. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Jean Giraudoux.
(d) Victor Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
2. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
3. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
4. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
5. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)