|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Talking to Orgon.
(d) Standing up.
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "Go off together happily."
(b) "Make up and celebrate."
(c) "Go be happy and conspire."
(d) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Tried to give some back.
(c) Spent it on food for others.
(d) Bought new clothes.
5. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(b) For Mariane to marry Valere.
(c) Tartuffe's reputation.
(d) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
4. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
5. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)