|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Listening to Tartuffe.
(b) Standing up.
(c) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(d) Talking to Orgon.
2. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
3. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
4. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
5. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
2. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
3. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
4. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
5. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)