|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Under the piano.
(b) Under a chain.
(c) Behind a plant.
(d) In the closet.
3. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
4. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
5. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
2. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
4. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)