|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
2. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
(a) Wicked and culpable.
(b) Regretful and worried.
(c) Sorry and pitiful.
(d) Ashamed and sad.
3. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
4. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A wench.
(b) A shrew.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
5. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About evicting Tartuffe.
(b) About his inheritance.
(c) About a job.
(d) About the marriage of Mariane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
2. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
3. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
4. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
5. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)