|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A lass.
(b) A waste.
(c) A dog.
(d) A slut.
2. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Clothe him.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Give him work.
(d) Take him into his home.
4. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(b) Her love for Valere.
(c) Her love for Orgon.
(d) Her hate for Orgon.
5. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
3. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
5. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)