|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(b) Their friends.
2. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
3. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
5. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
2. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
3. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
4. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
5. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)