|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Give him work.
(c) Take him into his home.
(d) Clothe him.
2. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) For Mariane to marry Valere.
(b) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(c) Tartuffe's reputation.
(d) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
3. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
4. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
5. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By being happy.
(b) By moving away.
(c) By devoting herself to content him.
(d) By working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
2. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
3. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
4. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
5. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)