|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A rat.
(b) A wench.
(c) A shrew.
(d) A snake.
3. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
4. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "No more".
(b) "I dare say not".
(c) "Enough I say".
(d) "What you please".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
4. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
5. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)