|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
2. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
3. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Standing up.
(b) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(c) Talking to Orgon.
(d) Listening to Tartuffe.
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A slut.
(c) A lass.
(d) A waste.
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) The flu.
(b) A fever.
(c) A fever and headache.
(d) Breathing problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
4. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
5. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)