|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
(a) "I dare not!"
(b) "It is your will."
(c) "Whatever your wish father."
(d) "Out of the question, father, I assure you!"
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "I dare say not".
(b) "No more".
(c) "What you please".
(d) "Enough I say".
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "Go be happy and conspire."
(b) "Make up and celebrate."
(c) "Go off together happily."
(d) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
4. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
5. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By devoting herself to content him.
(b) By being happy.
(c) By moving away.
(d) By working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
2. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
3. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
4. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
5. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)