|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
2. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Bought new clothes.
(b) Tried to give some back.
(c) Asked for more.
(d) Spent it on food for others.
4. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
5. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) An imposter.
(c) A recluse.
(d) A rodent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
2. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
3. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
4. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
5. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)