|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Spent it on food for others.
(c) Tried to give some back.
(d) Bought new clothes.
2. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About a job.
(b) About the marriage of Mariane.
(c) About his inheritance.
(d) About evicting Tartuffe.
3. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
4. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) A recluse.
(c) An imposter.
(d) A rodent.
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(b) "It is certain".
(d) "It is likely".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
2. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
3. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
4. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
5. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)