|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A rat.
(b) A wench.
(c) A shrew.
(d) A snake.
3. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) A fever.
(b) A fever and headache.
(c) Breathing problems.
(d) The flu.
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
5. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
3. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
4. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
5. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)