|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Spent it on food for others.
(b) Asked for more.
(c) Bought new clothes.
(d) Tried to give some back.
2. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
3. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By devoting herself to content him.
(b) By working.
(c) By being happy.
(d) By moving away.
4. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
5. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rat.
(c) A shrew.
(d) A wench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
2. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
3. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)