|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
2. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
3. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(c) Their friends.
4. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(a) Loser and scum.
(b) Bum and bigot.
(d) Rude and unseemly.
5. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
2. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
3. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
4. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
5. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)