|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Standing up.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(d) Talking to Orgon.
3. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "Oh my!"
(b) "Praise be!"
(c) "Poor fellow!"
(d) "My dear man!"
4. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
5. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Closes her eyes.
(b) Pleads with him.
(c) Stops talking.
(d) Looks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
2. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
3. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
4. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
5. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)