|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) His coat pocket.
(b) The hallway.
(c) A desk drawer.
(d) The closet.
2. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A recluse.
(b) A hypocrite.
(c) An imposter.
(d) A rodent.
3. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
4. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About the marriage of Mariane.
(b) About a job.
(c) About evicting Tartuffe.
(d) About his inheritance.
5. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(b) "What's going to happen?"
(c) "Is this what you want?"
(d) "What do you think of this?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
3. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
5. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)