|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
2. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
3. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) The closet.
(b) His coat pocket.
(c) The hallway.
(d) A desk drawer.
4. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
5. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) That he should be her husband.
(b) He warms the heart.
(c) His merits shine like a pearl.
(d) He is handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
2. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
3. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
5. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)