|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
2. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Is this what you want?"
(b) "What's going to happen?"
(c) "What do you think of this?"
(d) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
3. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By working.
(b) By being happy.
(c) By devoting herself to content him.
(d) By moving away.
4. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
5. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
2. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
3. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
4. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
5. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)