|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
2. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Tried to give some back.
(c) Bought new clothes.
(d) Spent it on food for others.
4. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
5. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Talking to Orgon.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(d) Standing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
2. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
3. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
4. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
5. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)