|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "Go off together happily."
(b) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
(c) "Make up and celebrate."
(d) "Go be happy and conspire."
2. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
3. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
4. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
2. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
3. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
4. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
5. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)