|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
2. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
3. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A rat.
(b) A shrew.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wench.
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Get witnesses and proof."
(b) "Gather friends and family."
(c) "Wage war on every front."
(d) "Get prepared to fight."
5. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(c) The eternal.
(d) The Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
2. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
3. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
4. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
5. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)