|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About the marriage of Mariane.
(b) About evicting Tartuffe.
(c) About his inheritance.
(d) About a job.
3. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(b) Tartuffe's reputation.
(c) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(d) For Mariane to marry Valere.
4. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
3. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
5. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)