|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Talking to Orgon.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Standing up.
(d) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
2. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
3. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(a) The Lord.
(b) The eternal.
4. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Orgon will disown him.
(b) That Orgon will break his promise.
(c) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(d) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
5. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Is this what you want?"
(b) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(c) "What do you think of this?"
(d) "What's going to happen?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
2. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
3. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
5. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)