|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
2. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Orgon will break his promise.
(b) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(c) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
(d) That Orgon will disown him.
3. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
4. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
5. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) His merits shine like a pearl.
(c) He warms the heart.
(d) That he should be her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
2. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
4. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)