|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) That he should be her husband.
(b) His merits shine like a pearl.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He warms the heart.
2. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
3. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Looks away.
(b) Stops talking.
(c) Closes her eyes.
(d) Pleads with him.
4. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
5. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
3. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
4. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
5. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)