|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(b) Standing up.
(c) Talking to Orgon.
(d) Listening to Tartuffe.
3. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Jean Giraudoux.
(c) Gustave Flaubert.
(d) Victor Hugo.
5. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Looks away.
(b) Stops talking.
(c) Closes her eyes.
(d) Pleads with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
3. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
4. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
5. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)