|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(d) Their friends.
2. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) The hallway.
(b) A desk drawer.
(c) His coat pocket.
(d) The closet.
3. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(b) Her love for Valere.
(c) Her hate for Orgon.
(d) Her love for Orgon.
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "No more".
(b) "I dare say not".
(c) "Enough I say".
(d) "What you please".
5. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
3. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
4. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
5. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)