|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
2. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(b) The Lord.
(c) The eternal.
3. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
4. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Spent it on food for others.
(b) Bought new clothes.
(c) Tried to give some back.
(d) Asked for more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
2. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
4. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
5. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)