|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Elmire and Orgon.
(b) Orgon and Tartuffe.
(c) Elmire and Dorine.
(d) Cleante and Dorine.
3. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
4. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) A fever.
(b) A fever and headache.
(c) Breathing problems.
(d) The flu.
5. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By moving away.
(b) By being happy.
(c) By devoting herself to content him.
(d) By working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
2. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
3. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
4. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
5. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)