|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A wench.
(b) A rat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A shrew.
3. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By devoting herself to content him.
(b) By working.
(c) By being happy.
(d) By moving away.
4. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "It can't be true."
(b) "I don't know".
(c) "It will not happen."
(d) "What do you think?"
5. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
2. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
3. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
4. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
5. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)