|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "Oh my!"
(b) "Praise be!"
(c) "My dear man!"
(d) "Poor fellow!"
2. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Take him into his home.
(c) Clothe him.
(d) Give him work.
4. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
5. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
2. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
3. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
4. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
5. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)