|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
2. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(b) The Lord.
(c) The eternal.
3. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
4. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
5. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
2. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
3. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
4. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
5. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)