|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(b) Her hate for Orgon.
(c) Her love for Orgon.
(d) Her love for Valere.
2. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
3. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "What do you think of this?"
(b) "What's going to happen?"
(c) "Is this what you want?"
(d) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
4. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
5. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
2. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
5. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)