|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Bought new clothes.
(b) Tried to give some back.
(c) Asked for more.
(d) Spent it on food for others.
2. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Clear his debts.
(b) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(c) Clothe and feed him.
(d) Give him a home.
3. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
4. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
5. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
4. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
5. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)