|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Spent it on food for others.
(c) Bought new clothes.
(d) Tried to give some back.
2. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(a) "It is certain".
(b) "It is likely".
3. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
4. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
5. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
2. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
3. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
4. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
5. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)