|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "My dear man!"
(b) "Praise be!"
(c) "Poor fellow!"
(d) "Oh my!"
2. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
3. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) An imposter.
(c) A rodent.
(d) A recluse.
4. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
5. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
2. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
3. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
4. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
5. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)