|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
2. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
3. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
4. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Elmire and Orgon.
(b) Cleante and Dorine.
(c) Orgon and Tartuffe.
(d) Elmire and Dorine.
5. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
2. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
3. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
5. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)