|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About evicting Tartuffe.
(b) About the marriage of Mariane.
(c) About a job.
(d) About his inheritance.
2. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her hate for Orgon.
(b) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(c) Her love for Orgon.
(d) Her love for Valere.
3. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Give him a home.
(b) Clear his debts.
(c) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(d) Clothe and feed him.
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(c) Jean Giraudoux.
(d) Gustave Flaubert.
5. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(b) Tartuffe's reputation.
(c) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(d) For Mariane to marry Valere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
2. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
3. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)