|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
2. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
3. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
4. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
5. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
2. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
3. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
4. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
5. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)