|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(a) "It is likely".
(c) "It is certain".
2. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Gather friends and family."
(b) "Wage war on every front."
(c) "Get prepared to fight."
(d) "Get witnesses and proof."
3. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Give him a home.
(b) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(c) Clear his debts.
(d) Clothe and feed him.
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
5. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
2. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
3. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
4. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
5. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)