|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Bought new clothes.
(c) Tried to give some back.
(d) Spent it on food for others.
2. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "Poor fellow!"
(b) "My dear man!"
(c) "Praise be!"
(d) "Oh my!"
3. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(b) Their friends.
4. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
5. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
2. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
3. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
4. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
5. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)