|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
3. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "What do you think of this?"
(b) "What's going to happen?"
(c) "Is this what you want?"
(d) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
4. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
5. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
3. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
5. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)