|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Jean Giraudoux.
(d) Victor Hugo.
2. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
4. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
5. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
2. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
3. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
4. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
5. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)