|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Uncle and niece.
(d) Brother and sister.
3. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
4. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
5. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
2. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
3. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
4. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
5. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)