|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Closes her eyes.
(b) Looks away.
(c) Stops talking.
(d) Pleads with him.
2. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
3. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Orgon will break his promise.
(b) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(c) That Orgon will disown him.
(d) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
5. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Dirty lies.
(b) Simply garbage.
(c) Pure rot.
(d) Hearty smut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
4. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
5. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)