|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
3. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
4. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By being happy.
(b) By working.
(c) By moving away.
(d) By devoting herself to content him.
5. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
2. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
3. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
4. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
5. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)