|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
2. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Get prepared to fight."
(b) "Gather friends and family."
(c) "Get witnesses and proof."
(d) "Wage war on every front."
4. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Give him a home.
(b) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(c) Clothe and feed him.
(d) Clear his debts.
5. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
2. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
3. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
4. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
5. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)