|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
(a) "I dare not!"
(b) "Whatever your wish father."
(c) "It is your will."
(d) "Out of the question, father, I assure you!"
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
4. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About a job.
(b) About his inheritance.
(c) About evicting Tartuffe.
(d) About the marriage of Mariane.
5. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
2. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
3. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
4. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
5. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)