|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
2. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(b) The eternal.
(c) The Lord.
3. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Looks away.
(b) Closes her eyes.
(c) Stops talking.
(d) Pleads with him.
4. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
5. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
2. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
3. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
4. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)