|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(a) The Lord.
(c) The eternal.
2. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(b) Bum and bigot.
(c) Rude and unseemly.
(d) Loser and scum.
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Wage war on every front."
(b) "Get witnesses and proof."
(c) "Gather friends and family."
(d) "Get prepared to fight."
4. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
5. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By moving away.
(b) By working.
(c) By being happy.
(d) By devoting herself to content him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
3. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
5. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)