|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
2. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
3. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
4. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Pure rot.
(b) Simply garbage.
(c) Hearty smut.
(d) Dirty lies.
5. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
2. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
3. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
4. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
5. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)