|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Elmire and Dorine.
(b) Orgon and Tartuffe.
(c) Cleante and Dorine.
(d) Elmire and Orgon.
3. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
4. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
5. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(b) Their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
4. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
5. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)