|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Talking to Orgon.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Standing up.
(d) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
2. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
3. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Dirty lies.
(b) Pure rot.
(c) Simply garbage.
(d) Hearty smut.
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Wage war on every front."
(b) "Gather friends and family."
(c) "Get witnesses and proof."
(d) "Get prepared to fight."
5. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
2. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
3. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
4. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)