|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
2. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
3. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A waste.
(c) A lass.
(d) A slut.
5. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
(b) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(c) That Orgon will disown him.
(d) That Orgon will break his promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
2. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
5. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)