|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Take him into his home.
(b) Clothe him.
(c) Feed him.
(d) Give him work.
3. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "My dear man!"
(b) "Oh my!"
(c) "Praise be!"
(d) "Poor fellow!"
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
5. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
2. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
3. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
5. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)