|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(c) Gustave Flaubert.
(d) Jean Giraudoux.
2. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Spent it on food for others.
(b) Tried to give some back.
(c) Bought new clothes.
(d) Asked for more.
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
5. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
2. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
3. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
4. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)