|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Standing up.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Talking to Orgon.
(d) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
3. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
4. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About evicting Tartuffe.
(b) About his inheritance.
(c) About a job.
(d) About the marriage of Mariane.
5. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
2. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
3. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)