|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Orgon will disown him.
(b) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
(c) That Orgon will break his promise.
(d) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
2. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
3. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
4. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
5. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
2. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
3. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
4. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
5. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)