|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
3. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Orgon will break his promise.
(b) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(c) That Orgon will disown him.
(d) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "What you please".
(b) "I dare say not".
(c) "No more".
(d) "Enough I say".
5. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
3. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
4. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
5. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)