|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "I dare say not".
(b) "No more".
(c) "Enough I say".
(d) "What you please".
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Spent it on food for others.
(b) Tried to give some back.
(c) Asked for more.
(d) Bought new clothes.
3. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
4. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
5. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
3. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
4. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
5. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)