|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
3. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Uncle and niece.
4. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Talking to Orgon.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Standing up.
(d) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
5. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
3. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
5. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)