|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
2. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
3. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
4. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(a) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(d) Mother and daughter.
5. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
2. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
3. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
5. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)