|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Orgon and Tartuffe.
(b) Elmire and Orgon.
(c) Elmire and Dorine.
(d) Cleante and Dorine.
3. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
4. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) A fever and headache.
(b) Breathing problems.
(c) A fever.
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
3. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)