|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(b) Uncle and niece.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Husband and wife.
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About his inheritance.
(b) About evicting Tartuffe.
(c) About a job.
(d) About the marriage of Mariane.
4. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Standing up.
(b) Talking to Orgon.
(c) Listening to Tartuffe.
(d) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
5. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
2. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
3. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
4. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)