|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
2. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
3. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "I dare say not".
(b) "Enough I say".
(c) "No more".
(d) "What you please".
5. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) The flu.
(b) A fever and headache.
(c) A fever.
(d) Breathing problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
2. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
3. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
4. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)