|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
2. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(c) "It is likely".
(d) "It is certain".
3. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
4. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Give him work.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Take him into his home.
(d) Clothe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
5. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)