|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
5. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
2. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
3. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
4. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
5. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)