|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
3. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a bold lassy" in Act 1?
4. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(b) Uncle and niece.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Brother and sister.
5. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(b) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(c) Mother and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
2. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
3. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
4. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
5. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)