|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
3. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Bought new clothes.
(b) Tried to give some back.
(c) Spent it on food for others.
(d) Asked for more.
5. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Talking to Orgon.
(b) Listening to Tartuffe.
(c) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
(d) Standing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
2. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
3. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
4. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
5. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)