|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
2. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Hearty smut.
(b) Pure rot.
(c) Dirty lies.
(d) Simply garbage.
3. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(a) Husband and wife.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Uncle and niece.
4. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Cleante and Dorine.
(b) Elmire and Dorine.
(c) Elmire and Orgon.
(d) Orgon and Tartuffe.
5. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
2. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
3. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
4. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
5. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)