|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
2. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Pure rot.
(b) Simply garbage.
(c) Dirty lies.
(d) Hearty smut.
3. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
4. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
5. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
(a) Listening to Tartuffe.
(b) Talking to Orgon.
(c) Standing up.
(d) Madame Pernelle's lecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
2. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
3. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
4. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
5. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)