|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
2. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
3. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
(b) That Orgon will break his promise.
(c) That Orgon will disown him.
(d) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
4. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(b) "It is likely".
(d) "It is certain".
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "No more".
(b) "What you please".
(c) "I dare say not".
(d) "Enough I say".
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
3. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
4. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
5. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)