|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
2. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
3. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A lass.
(b) A slut.
(c) A dog.
(d) A waste.
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
5. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(a) Uncle and niece.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
2. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
3. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
4. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
5. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)