|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Hearty smut.
(b) Pure rot.
(c) Simply garbage.
(d) Dirty lies.
2. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
3. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
4. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
5. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
2. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
3. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
4. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
5. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)