Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
2. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
3. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
(a) If he refused to marry Mariane.
(b) If he married Mariane.
(c) If he married Elmire.
(d) If he left Orgon's house.
4. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
5. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(c) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(d) Mother and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
2. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
3. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
4. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
5. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)