Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(a) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(c) Mother and daughter.
2. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
3. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
4. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
5. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
2. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
3. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
4. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
5. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)