|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say "troubles him greatly" at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) A safe.
(b) A deed to his land.
(c) A key.
(d) A box of papers.
2. Who says, "You may soon feel upon your black soutane, Monsieur Bailiff, the heavy weight of this cane"?
3. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "This isn't your decision."
(b) "I can't undo this."
(c) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
(d) "This is not up for discussion."
4. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Framing Tartuffe.
(b) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
(c) Killing Tartuffe.
(d) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
5. What is the name of Orgon's friend for whom he is holding papers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
2. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
3. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
4. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
5. How does Orgon respond when the court bailiff goes to leave in Act 5?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)