|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Get prepared to fight."
(b) "Wage war on every front."
(c) "Get witnesses and proof."
(d) "Gather friends and family."
2. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(a) Bum and bigot.
(c) Rude and unseemly.
(d) Loser and scum.
3. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) An imposter.
(b) A rodent.
(c) A hypocrite.
(d) A recluse.
4. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) Into the living room.
(b) Out the window.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) Into the hallway.
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Spent it on food for others.
(c) Bought new clothes.
(d) Tried to give some back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
2. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
3. Finish the sentence: "And for all my kindness, this is my fee. I lift the man out of his ______."
4. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
5. Who says, "Leave him to me. I'll cut off his ears"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)