|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
2. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her wittiness.
(c) Her supreme splendor.
(d) Her laughter.
3. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(a) Rude and unseemly.
(b) Bum and bigot.
(d) Loser and scum.
4. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) She wants more water.
(b) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
(c) To get Orgon's attention.
(d) Because she is sick.
5. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "This isn't your decision."
(b) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
(c) "I can't undo this."
(d) "This is not up for discussion."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
2. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
3. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
4. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
5. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)