|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
2. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "This is not up for discussion."
(b) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
(c) "This isn't your decision."
(d) "I can't undo this."
3. What does the family begin planning at the end of Act 5?
(a) Tartuffe's funeral.
(b) Mariane and Valere's wedding.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A party.
4. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) An imposter.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A hypocrite.
(d) A rodent.
5. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
(a) Stand outside the window while she talks to him.
(b) Read a letter Tartuffe gave her.
(c) Hide in the room while she talks to him.
(d) Confront Tartuffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
2. Finish the sentence: "In this world virtue is oppressed forever; the envious may die, but _____ never."
3. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
4. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
5. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)