|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His holiness.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His integrity.
(d) His opinion.
2. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
3. Who says, "And don't degenerate to indignities. Leave to himself this miserable clown, and don't add to the remorse that weighs him down"?
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
(b) "Go be happy and conspire."
(c) "Go off together happily."
(d) "Make up and celebrate."
5. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
2. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
3. How does Orgon respond when the court bailiff goes to leave in Act 5?
4. Who appears at the door of Orgon's house with Tartuffe in Act 5?
5. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)