|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Leave him to me. I'll cut off his ears"?
2. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
(a) Licorice and mint.
(b) Hard candies.
3. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Listen at the door.
(b) Stop them.
(c) Hide in the room.
(d) Go outside.
4. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
5. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
2. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
4. Who says, "Your own mouth aptly invites me to do it; and so it will be done if you will come straight to the jail that will be your new home"?
5. Who says, "We are wasting time on foolish pleasures that would be better spent in active measures"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)