|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
(a) Very gay.
(c) A holy woman.
(d) A good person.
3. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A slut.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lass.
(d) A waste.
4. Finish the sentence: "From the start, he pierced with his perceptive sight through the veils that hid this evil from ____."
5. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) His coat pocket.
(b) A desk drawer.
(c) The closet.
(d) The hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
2. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
3. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
4. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
5. What does Orgon say "troubles him greatly" at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)