|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as, "With what a fair appearance and touching zeal" who "hides a wicked soul and a heart of steel"?
2. How does Orgon respond when the court bailiff goes to leave in Act 5?
(a) "It is not so!"
(b) "May it confound you, and your employer!"
(c) "No I shall not stand for it!"
(d) "Not as I live!"
3. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By being happy.
(b) By devoting herself to content him.
(c) By working.
(d) By moving away.
4. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "What do you think?"
(b) "It will not happen."
(c) "It can't be true."
(d) "I don't know".
5. To whom does the court bailiff say Orgon's house belongs to in Act 5?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
2. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
3. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
4. Who does Tartuffe show Orgon's friend's secret documents to?
5. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)