|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You may soon feel upon your black soutane, Monsieur Bailiff, the heavy weight of this cane"?
2. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
3. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
(a) His hair shirt and scourge.
(b) His books and papers.
(c) His shoes and pants.
(d) His hat and cane.
4. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her laughter.
(b) Her supreme splendor.
(c) Her wittiness.
(d) Her beauty.
5. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Expose him as a liar.
(c) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
2. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
3. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
5. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)