|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(c) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(d) Mother and daughter.
2. Who calls Tartuffe "a treacherous cloak from all we venerate"?
3. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
(a) He needs sleep.
(b) He is tired of him.
(c) There are religious rites that demand his presence.
(d) He is hungry.
4. How does Cleante describe the "measures" for which Orgon went about handling his secrets from Tartuffe at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His opinion.
(b) His holiness.
(c) His integrity.
(d) His honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
2. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
3. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
4. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
5. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)