|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the court bailiff Orgon allows in his house in Act 5?
(a) Mr. Victory.
(b) Mr. Loyal.
(c) Mr. Justice.
(d) Mr. Black.
2. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
3. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
4. Whose plan to expose Tartuffe is to "invalidate all his contracts"?
5. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Simply garbage.
(b) Hearty smut.
(c) Pure rot.
(d) Dirty lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
2. Who is the third person to enter the scene in Act 5?
3. What does Orgon say "troubles him greatly" at the beginning of Act 5?
4. Who says, "And don't degenerate to indignities. Leave to himself this miserable clown, and don't add to the remorse that weighs him down"?
5. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)