|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(b) Loser and scum.
(c) Bum and bigot.
(d) Rude and unseemly.
2. Finish the sentence: "Now his claims are well-armed; and the ingrate seeks to become master of your _____."
3. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
4. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Behind a plant.
(c) Behind the curtains.
(d) Under the table.
5. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Orgon will break his promise.
(b) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(c) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
(d) That Orgon will disown him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "In this world virtue is oppressed forever; the envious may die, but _____ never."
2. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
3. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
4. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
5. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)