|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You won't have to go far to hide in your lair. In the Prince's name we will shackle you fast"?
2. Who asks, "What's happening? The tales I'm told are awful," in regards to Tartuffe in Act 5?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
3. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
4. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
(a) Hard candies.
(c) Licorice and mint.
5. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "This isn't your decision."
(b) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
(c) "I can't undo this."
(d) "This is not up for discussion."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
2. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
3. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
4. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
5. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)