|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
2. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
3. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
4. What is the name of Orgon's friend for whom he is holding papers?
5. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
(a) Bring her some water.
(b) Kiss her hand.
(c) Close the door.
(d) Open the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
2. What does Madame Pernelle tell her son people are telling him in regards to Tartuffe in Act 5?
3. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
4. Finish the sentence: "From the start, he pierced with his perceptive sight through the veils that hid this evil from ____."
5. Who says, "Leave him to me. I'll cut off his ears"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)