|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "And don't degenerate to indignities. Leave to himself this miserable clown, and don't add to the remorse that weighs him down"?
2. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
3. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
4. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(d) Cleante and Dorine.
5. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
3. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
4. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
5. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)