|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
(a) Tell Orgon of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire.
(b) To kill Tartuffe.
(c) To tell on Elmire.
(d) To throw Tartuffe in the street.
2. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
3. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "This isn't your decision."
(b) "This is not up for discussion."
(c) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
(d) "I can't undo this."
4. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
5. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
2. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
3. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
4. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
5. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)