|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
2. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
(a) Read a letter Tartuffe gave her.
(b) Stand outside the window while she talks to him.
(c) Confront Tartuffe.
(d) Hide in the room while she talks to him.
3. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
4. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
5. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Your own mouth aptly invites me to do it; and so it will be done if you will come straight to the jail that will be your new home"?
2. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
3. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
4. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
5. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)