|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say "troubles him greatly" at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) A safe.
(b) A deed to his land.
(c) A box of papers.
(d) A key.
2. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
3. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
5. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Is this what you want?"
(b) "What do you think of this?"
(c) "What's going to happen?"
(d) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
2. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
3. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
4. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
5. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)