|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) For her good health.
(b) For Orgon.
(c) For the homeless.
(d) For more wealth.
2. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
3. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
4. Who appears at the door of Orgon's house with Tartuffe in Act 5?
(b) A police officer.
(c) The court bailiff.
(d) The king.
5. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
(a) Stand outside the window while she talks to him.
(b) Hide in the room while she talks to him.
(c) Read a letter Tartuffe gave her.
(d) Confront Tartuffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
3. Who says, "And don't degenerate to indignities. Leave to himself this miserable clown, and don't add to the remorse that weighs him down"?
4. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
5. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)