|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tartuffe show Orgon's friend's secret documents to?
(a) The police.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The king.
(d) The pope.
2. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
3. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
(a) Idle minds.
4. Finish the sentence: "And should we always respond to small slips with fire in our eyes and abuse on our ___."
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Tried to give some back.
(b) Bought new clothes.
(c) Spent it on food for others.
(d) Asked for more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
2. Who says, "You won't have to go far to hide in your lair. In the Prince's name we will shackle you fast"?
3. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
4. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
5. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)