|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
3. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "Praise be!"
(b) "Poor fellow!"
(c) "Oh my!"
(d) "My dear man!"
4. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(b) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(d) Mother and daughter.
5. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
2. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
3. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
5. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)