|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Clear his debts.
(b) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(c) Clothe and feed him.
(d) Give him a home.
2. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
3. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
4. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
5. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
2. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
3. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
4. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
5. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)