|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
2. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
4. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) Tartuffe's reputation.
(b) For Mariane to marry Valere.
(c) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(d) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
5. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
3. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
4. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
5. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)