|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Clothe and feed him.
(b) Clear his debts.
(c) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(d) Give him a home.
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A rat.
(b) A wench.
(c) A snake.
(d) A shrew.
3. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
4. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
5. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(b) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(c) Tartuffe's reputation.
(d) For Mariane to marry Valere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
2. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
3. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
4. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)