|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
2. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(a) Uncle and niece.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Get prepared to fight."
(b) "Gather friends and family."
(c) "Wage war on every front."
(d) "Get witnesses and proof."
4. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
(a) "Out of the question, father, I assure you!"
(b) "I dare not!"
(c) "Whatever your wish father."
(d) "It is your will."
5. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
2. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
3. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
5. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)