|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(b) "What's going to happen?"
(c) "Is this what you want?"
(d) "What do you think of this?"
2. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) The hallway.
(b) A desk drawer.
(c) His coat pocket.
(d) The closet.
4. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(c) "It is certain".
(d) "It is likely".
5. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A snake.
(b) A shrew.
(c) A rat.
(d) A wench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
2. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
3. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
4. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
5. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)