|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(b) That Orgon will break his promise.
(c) That Orgon will disown him.
(d) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
2. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
3. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
4. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(b) Bum and bigot.
(c) Rude and unseemly.
(d) Loser and scum.
5. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
3. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
4. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
5. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)