|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(b) That Orgon will break his promise.
(c) That Orgon will disown him.
(d) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
2. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
3. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "Go off together happily."
(b) "Go be happy and conspire."
(c) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
(d) "Make up and celebrate."
5. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
2. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
3. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
5. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)