|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
2. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Elmire and Dorine.
(b) Cleante and Dorine.
(c) Elmire and Orgon.
(d) Orgon and Tartuffe.
3. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
4. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
5. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
2. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
4. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
5. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)