|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Jean Giraudoux.
(d) Victor Hugo.
2. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(a) Their friends.
3. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(b) "It is certain".
(c) "It is likely".
4. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Uncle and niece.
(c) Husband and wife.
5. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
2. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
3. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
4. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
5. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)