|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) An imposter.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A hypocrite.
(d) A rodent.
2. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
(a) "I dare not!"
(b) "Whatever your wish father."
(c) "Out of the question, father, I assure you!"
(d) "It is your will."
3. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
4. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(b) "It is likely".
(c) "It is certain".
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Give him work.
(b) Take him into his home.
(c) Clothe him.
(d) Feed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
4. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
5. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)