|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Give him a home.
(b) Clothe and feed him.
(c) Clear his debts.
(d) Restore his land and remove his liens.
2. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(c) Madame Pernelle.
3. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(b) Her hate for Orgon.
(c) Her love for Orgon.
(d) Her love for Valere.
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Take him into his home.
(b) Give him work.
(c) Clothe him.
(d) Feed him.
5. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) A desk drawer.
(b) The closet.
(c) The hallway.
(d) His coat pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
3. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
4. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
5. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)