|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
2. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(b) That Orgon will disown him.
(c) That Orgon will break his promise.
(d) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
3. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(a) Jean Giraudoux.
(b) Gustave Flaubert.
(c) Victor Hugo.
4. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
5. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
2. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
3. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
4. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
5. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)