|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He warms the heart.
(c) That he should be her husband.
(d) His merits shine like a pearl.
3. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A waste.
(b) A slut.
(c) A lass.
(d) A dog.
4. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
5. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
3. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
4. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
5. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)