|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
3. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "What do you think of this?"
(b) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(c) "Is this what you want?"
(d) "What's going to happen?"
4. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Elmire and Dorine.
(b) Elmire and Orgon.
(c) Orgon and Tartuffe.
(d) Cleante and Dorine.
5. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
2. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
3. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
4. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
5. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)