|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
2. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) The closet.
(b) His coat pocket.
(c) A desk drawer.
(d) The hallway.
3. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
4. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
5. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
2. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
3. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
5. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)