|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
2. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "What do you think?"
(b) "I don't know".
(c) "It will not happen."
(d) "It can't be true."
3. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Cleante and Dorine.
(b) Orgon and Tartuffe.
(c) Elmire and Dorine.
(d) Elmire and Orgon.
4. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
(b) Jean Giraudoux.
(c) Gustave Flaubert.
(d) Victor Hugo.
5. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
2. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
3. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
4. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
5. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)