|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
2. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(b) Their friends.
3. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
(a) "Praise be!"
(b) "Poor fellow!"
(c) "My dear man!"
(d) "Oh my!"
4. Who does Madame Pernelle slap in Act 1?
5. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
2. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
3. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
4. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)