|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
2. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
3. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
4. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
5. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
(b) "Go be happy and conspire."
(c) "Go off together happily."
(d) "Make up and celebrate."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
2. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
3. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
4. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
5. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)