|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
2. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her love for Orgon.
(b) Her love for Valere.
(c) Her hate for Orgon.
(d) Her hate for Tartuffe.
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Clothe him.
(b) Give him work.
(c) Feed him.
(d) Take him into his home.
4. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(c) "It is likely".
(d) "It is certain".
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
2. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
3. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
4. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)