|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
2. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
3. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
5. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
2. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
3. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
4. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
5. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)