|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
2. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By working.
(b) By moving away.
(c) By devoting herself to content him.
(d) By being happy.
3. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Uncle and niece.
4. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
5. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(a) Their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
2. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
3. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
4. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
5. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)