|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Pleads with him.
(b) Stops talking.
(c) Closes her eyes.
(d) Looks away.
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A shrew.
(b) A rat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wench.
3. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
4. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
5. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
2. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
3. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
5. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)