|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
2. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "It will not happen."
(b) "What do you think?"
(c) "It can't be true."
(d) "I don't know".
3. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
4. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(c) "It is certain".
(d) "It is likely".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
2. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
3. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
4. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
5. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)