|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
3. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(a) "It is likely".
(d) "It is certain".
4. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) Tartuffe's reputation.
(b) For Mariane to marry Valere.
(c) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(d) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
5. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Give him a home.
(b) Clothe and feed him.
(c) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(d) Clear his debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
2. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
3. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
4. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)