|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
(a) Madame Pernelle.
2. What does Cleante describe Orgon's descriptions of Tartuffe as near the end of Act 1?
(a) Pure rot.
(b) Simply garbage.
(c) Dirty lies.
(d) Hearty smut.
3. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(a) "It is certain".
(c) "It is likely".
4. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
5. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(b) "What's going to happen?"
(c) "Is this what you want?"
(d) "What do you think of this?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
2. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
3. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
4. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)