|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
2. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
3. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
4. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
5. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
2. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
3. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
4. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
5. Who is the author of the play Le Tartuffe?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)