|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. Who is Cleante's sister in the play?
(d) Madame Pernelle.
3. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
(a) Wicked and culpable.
(b) Ashamed and sad.
(c) Regretful and worried.
(d) Sorry and pitiful.
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) His merits shine like a pearl.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He warms the heart.
(d) That he should be her husband.
5. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
2. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
4. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
5. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)