|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A lass.
(b) A dog.
(c) A waste.
(d) A slut.
2. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
3. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
4. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(b) Give him a home.
(c) Clear his debts.
(d) Clothe and feed him.
5. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By being happy.
(b) By moving away.
(c) By devoting herself to content him.
(d) By working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
2. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
3. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
4. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
5. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)