|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
2. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
3. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) Breathing problems.
(b) A fever and headache.
(c) The flu.
(d) A fever.
4. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
5. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
2. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
3. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
4. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
5. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)