|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
3. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
4. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
5. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "What you please".
(b) "Enough I say".
(c) "I dare say not".
(d) "No more".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
2. Who is described as "fat and flabby, with red lips, and a shining face"?
3. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
4. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
5. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)