|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) For the homeless.
(b) For her good health.
(c) For more wealth.
(d) For Orgon.
2. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(a) The Lord.
(c) The eternal.
3. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
4. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
5. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
2. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
3. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
4. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
5. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)