|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(b) Their friends.
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
3. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
(a) That Tartuffe will become Orgon's heir.
(b) That Orgon will disown him.
(c) That Tartuffe will marry Elmire.
(d) That Orgon will break his promise.
4. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Madame Pernelle's servant in the play?
2. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
3. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
4. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
5. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)