|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
(a) His coat pocket.
(b) The closet.
(c) The hallway.
(d) A desk drawer.
2. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
3. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Uncle and niece.
(c) Brother and sister.
4. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A rat.
(b) A wench.
(c) A snake.
(d) A shrew.
5. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
2. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
3. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
4. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
5. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)