|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
2. Finish the sentence: "And now life is sweet as a ______".
3. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His opinion.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His integrity.
(d) His holiness.
4. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Clothe and feed him.
(b) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(c) Give him a home.
(d) Clear his debts.
5. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say Tartuffe did the first time they met?
4. What statement does Orgon continually repeat when discussing Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 1?
5. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)