|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Elmire and Dorine.
(b) Elmire and Orgon.
(c) Orgon and Tartuffe.
(d) Cleante and Dorine.
2. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
(a) His hat and cane.
(b) His shoes and pants.
(c) His books and papers.
(d) His hair shirt and scourge.
3. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(a) The eternal.
(c) The Lord.
4. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
5. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Damis and Mariane?
2. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
3. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
5. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)