|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Marry Dorine.
(b) Leave their home.
(c) Refuse to marry Mariane.
(d) Give back Orgon's money.
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
(a) Asked for more.
(b) Bought new clothes.
(c) Spent it on food for others.
(d) Tried to give some back.
3. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A lass.
(c) A waste.
(d) A slut.
4. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
(a) A note.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A flower.
(d) A handkerchief.
5. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
2. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
3. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
4. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
5. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)