|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Looks away.
(b) Stops talking.
(c) Pleads with him.
(d) Closes her eyes.
3. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(a) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(b) Mother and daughter.
4. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Her knee.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her arm.
5. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante that Tartuffe did with the first donation he gave to him at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
5. Who does Dorine describe as "nuts" in Act 1?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)