|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
(b) Framing Tartuffe.
(c) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
(d) Killing Tartuffe.
2. What does Damis ask Cleante to discuss with Orgon just before he comes into the scene in Act 1?
(a) About his inheritance.
(b) About a job.
(c) About the marriage of Mariane.
(d) About evicting Tartuffe.
3. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
(c) "It is likely".
(d) "It is certain".
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
(b) Madame Pernelle.
5. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "I don't know".
(b) "What do you think?"
(c) "It will not happen."
(d) "It can't be true."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire refer to as a "dreadful chore" to Cleante in Act 1?
2. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
3. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
4. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
5. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)