|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
2. Whom does Madame Pernelle call "a fool of the worst kind"?
3. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
4. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
5. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her wittiness.
(b) Her laughter.
(c) Her supreme splendor.
(d) Her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
2. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
4. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
5. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)