|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
3. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
(a) To kill Tartuffe.
(b) To throw Tartuffe in the street.
(c) To tell on Elmire.
(d) Tell Orgon of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire.
4. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
(a) "What you please".
(b) "Enough I say".
(c) "No more".
(d) "I dare say not".
5. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
2. Whom does Cleante say wants to marry Mariane during his conversation with Orgon near the end of Act 1?
3. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
5. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)