|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her laughter.
(c) Her supreme splendor.
(d) Her wittiness.
2. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
3. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
(a) "Out of the question, father, I assure you!"
(b) "Whatever your wish father."
(c) "I dare not!"
(d) "It is your will."
4. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) He warms the heart.
(b) That he should be her husband.
(c) His merits shine like a pearl.
(d) He is handsome.
5. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
2. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
3. Who does Cleante question Orgon about near the end of Act 1?
4. Who says, ""I think, perchance, you've lost your mind through extravagance" in Act 2?
5. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)