|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor Dorine accuses of slandering the family's house in the play?
2. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
3. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
(a) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(c) Mother and daughter.
4. Who does Madame Pernelle say has "fallen from grace" in Act 1?
5. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
2. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
4. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
5. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)