|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
2. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
3. What does Orgon tell Cleante God told him to do regarding Tartuffe?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Give him work.
(c) Take him into his home.
(d) Clothe him.
4. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(b) Give him a home.
(c) Clear his debts.
(d) Clothe and feed him.
5. What derogatory name does Madame Pernelle call her servant just before leaving the house in Act 1?
(a) A lass.
(b) A waste.
(c) A dog.
(d) A slut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
2. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
3. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
4. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
5. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)