|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, what ailment does Dorine tell Orgon his wife suffered while he was gone?
(a) A fever and headache.
(b) Breathing problems.
(c) A fever.
(d) The flu.
2. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
3. What is the name of Tartuffe's servant?
4. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
5. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
(a) He warms the heart.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) That he should be her husband.
(d) His merits shine like a pearl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell his servant to "lock up" before dismissing him in Act 3?
2. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
3. What does Damis do undetected during the conversation between Tartuffe and Elmire in Act 3?
4. What does Cleante say he fears at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)