|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "It can't be true."
(b) "It will not happen."
(c) "I don't know".
(d) "What do you think?"
2. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(a) Their friends.
3. Who describes Tartuffe as "a base usurper with a power tyrannic"?
4. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
(a) Stops talking.
(b) Closes her eyes.
(c) Pleads with him.
(d) Looks away.
5. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
2. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
3. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
4. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
5. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)