|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
2. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
3. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
4. Whom does Orgon tell Cleante causes Tartuffe to often become jealous in Act 1?
5. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
2. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
3. Where does Damis hide when Elmire and Tartuffe speak privately in Act 3?
4. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
5. What is the relationship between Elmire and Mariane?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)