|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "a holy man whom all should hear"?
2. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
3. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her wittiness.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her supreme splendor.
(d) Her laughter.
4. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
5. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
2. What does Orgon tell Cleante when he asks what he should report to Valere regarding Mariane's marriage?
3. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
4. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
5. Who says, "You've sure got humane sentiments down pat"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)