|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
2. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Get prepared to fight."
(b) "Get witnesses and proof."
(c) "Gather friends and family."
(d) "Wage war on every front."
3. Which two characters converse with one another just after Madame Pernelle leaves in Act 1?
(a) Cleante and Dorine.
(b) Elmire and Orgon.
(c) Orgon and Tartuffe.
(d) Elmire and Dorine.
4. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Disowns him.
5. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) For Mariane to marry Valere.
(b) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
(c) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(d) Tartuffe's reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tartuffe a "false Capuchin" in the play?
2. What does Orgon say when Cleante asks if he will keep his promise at the end of Act 1?
3. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
5. Finish the sentence: "Claiming our crime was truly gigantic in mixing what's holy with what's ______".
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)