|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
2. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
(a) The marriage of Mariane and Valere.
(b) The marriage between Tartuffe and Mariane.
(c) Naming Tartuffe as his heir.
(d) The death of Tartuffe.
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
(a) "Get witnesses and proof."
(b) "Wage war on every front."
(c) "Gather friends and family."
(d) "Get prepared to fight."
4. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Killing Tartuffe.
(b) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
(c) Framing Tartuffe.
(d) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
5. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
2. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
3. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
4. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
5. What time does Tartuffe say it is when he leaves Cleante in Act 4?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)