|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
(a) Rude and unseemly.
(b) Bum and bigot.
(d) Loser and scum.
2. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
3. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
4. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
(a) Hide in the room while she talks to him.
(b) Confront Tartuffe.
(c) Stand outside the window while she talks to him.
(d) Read a letter Tartuffe gave her.
5. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
2. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
3. Which of the following does Orgon NOT say regarding Tartuffe during his conversation with Mariane in Act 2?
4. What does Orgon say Dorine's "twaddle" has caused him to become?
5. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)