|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
(a) Elmire as his wife.
(b) His house.
(c) Mariane's hand in marriage.
(d) The deed to his land.
2. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
4. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
5. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
2. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
3. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
4. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
5. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)