|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Tartuffe say it is when he leaves Cleante in Act 4?
(a) Half past three.
(d) Quarter past five.
2. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
3. Who says, "I'll stoke up the fires of his insolent heart and give a free field to this base upstart"?
4. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her knee.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her arm.
5. What does Elmire ask Tartuffe to do when he first enters the room in Act 4?
(a) Close the door.
(b) Bring her some water.
(c) Open the window.
(d) Kiss her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
2. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
3. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
5. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)