|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
2. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
3. Who hides in the room while Orgon and Mariane talk at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A wench.
(d) A shrew.
5. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her laughter.
(c) Her supreme splendor.
(d) Her wittiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
2. Who says, "Shouldn't a Christian pardon the offense and purge his soul of desire for vengeance"?
3. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
4. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
5. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)