|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
2. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "This is not up for discussion."
(b) "This isn't your decision."
(c) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
(d) "I can't undo this."
3. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Leave their home.
(b) Refuse to marry Mariane.
(c) Give back Orgon's money.
(d) Marry Dorine.
4. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
(a) He is tired of him.
(b) There are religious rites that demand his presence.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He needs sleep.
5. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
2. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
3. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
4. Who does Elmire talk with when she sends Tartuffe out of the room for a moment in Act 4?
5. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)