|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
2. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
(c) Denies it.
(d) Confesses and apologizes.
3. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(c) Cleante and Dorine.
4. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He finds it odd.
(c) He tells her of his passion for her.
(d) He is eager.
5. What does Cleante tell Tartuffe he believes his arguments seem like at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) Tall tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
2. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
3. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
4. What reason does Dorine give Damis for not allowing him to hide in the room while Elmire and Tartuffe speak in Act 3?
5. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)