|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
2. Who does Damis refer to as a "vulgar coxcomb" in Act 3?
3. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
4. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) She wants more water.
(c) To get Orgon's attention.
(d) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
5. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) An imposter.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A rodent.
(d) A hypocrite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
2. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
3. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
4. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
5. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)