|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
(a) Wishful thinking.
(b) Fantasy and fairy tales.
(d) Silly gossip.
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
3. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
4. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
5. What does Orgon call Dorine when she claims that he is lying about making his daughter marry Tartuffe?
(a) A snake.
(b) A wench.
(c) A rat.
(d) A shrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Defying those with rumors to foment, he wants us together at every _____."
2. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
3. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
4. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
5. Whose arm does Orgon threaten to break near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)