|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) To get Orgon's attention.
(b) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
(c) She wants more water.
(d) Because she is sick.
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
3. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
4. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
(a) "Is this what you want?"
(b) "What do you think of this?"
(c) "Have you entirely lost your voice and heart?"
(d) "What's going to happen?"
5. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her love for Valere.
(b) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(c) Her hate for Orgon.
(d) Her love for Orgon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorine say a woman in love needs to have a heart made of?
2. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
3. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
4. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
5. What does Orgon tell Damis will happen that very night just to see him "bellow" near the end of Act 3?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)