|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elmire begin coughing during her encounter with Tartuffe in Act 4?
(a) To get Orgon's attention.
(b) Because she is sick.
(c) She wants more water.
(d) She wants Tartuffe to leave.
2. What does Tartuffe tell Elmire most of his prayers have been geared to during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) For the homeless.
(b) For her good health.
(c) For Orgon.
(d) For more wealth.
3. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
(a) Fantasy and fairy tales.
(b) Silly gossip.
(d) Wishful thinking.
4. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
(a) Her love for Orgon.
(b) Her hate for Tartuffe.
(c) Her love for Valere.
(d) Her hate for Orgon.
5. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Tell her husband that he hit on her.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Expose him as a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
2. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
3. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
4. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
5. What does Mariane offer for Orgon to give to Tartuffe if she will not have to marry him?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)