|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
2. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A grave.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A convent.
3. Who says, "You have your own reasons for acting so, and I have reasons for my quid-pro-quo"?
4. What is described as "a sly conjecture or a wicked smear"?
(a) The rumor of Mariane marrying Tartuffe.
(b) For Mariane to marry Valere.
(c) Tartuffe's reputation.
(d) Orgon's opinion of Tartuffe.
5. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Marry Dorine.
(b) Refuse to marry Mariane.
(c) Give back Orgon's money.
(d) Leave their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
2. Who says, "Gossip is singing a little ditty"?
3. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
4. What does Orgon look in just before starting his conversation with Mariane?
5. What does Damis say he wants to do when he comes out of hiding in Act 3?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)