|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Hide in the room.
(b) Go outside.
(c) Stop them.
(d) Listen at the door.
2. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) An imposter.
(c) A rodent.
(d) A recluse.
3. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
4. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
5. Who asks, "Are you mocking us with your silly plot"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
2. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
3. What does Cleante ask Tartuffe to help him with at the beginning of Act 4?
4. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
5. Finish the sentence: "If you take my advice, you will seek a truce and not be a party to this boy's ____."
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)