|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
2. Finish the sentence: "Yes, I may think so, but my broken heart foresees you, too, suffering from Love's ____."
3. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
(a) If he married Mariane.
(b) If he married Elmire.
(c) If he left Orgon's house.
(d) If he refused to marry Mariane.
4. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
(b) Denies it.
(c) Confesses and apologizes.
5. Finish the sentence: "But I've just heard word of this marriage, and I trust it is only ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
2. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
4. What does Mariane tell Orgon she will join if he makes her marry Tartuffe?
5. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)