|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
(a) Idle minds.
2. What does Tartuffe say caused his heart to belong to Elmire and made her his queen in Act 3?
(a) Her wittiness.
(b) Her supreme splendor.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her laughter.
3. What name does Orgon frequently address when speaking to Tartuffe near the end of Act 3?
4. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
(a) His holiness.
(b) His integrity.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His opinion.
5. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
2. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
3. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
5. Which character is the first to speak in Act 2?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)