|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
2. What does Damis tell Dorine he wants to do when Tartuffe and Elmire speak privately in Act 3?
(a) Listen at the door.
(b) Stop them.
(c) Go outside.
(d) Hide in the room.
3. Who says, "Shouldn't a Christian pardon the offense and purge his soul of desire for vengeance"?
4. What does Dorine tell Tartuffe she believes is "out of fashion" in Act 3?
5. Who will Orgon NOT allow to speak after Mariane has tried to talk him out of making her marry Tartuffe in Act 4?
(b) Cleante and Dorine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
2. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
3. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
4. What does Tartuffe do when Orgon confronts him with Damis' claims near the end of Act 3?
5. Who does Dorine say has "little ways" of convincing Tartuffe in Act 3?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)