|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "May a bolt of lightning now strike me dumb, may everybody treat me like a bum"?
2. What does Orgon say his money could help Tartuffe accomplish during his conversation with Dorine in Act 2?
(a) Clear his debts.
(b) Restore his land and remove his liens.
(c) Give him a home.
(d) Clothe and feed him.
3. Where does Tartuffe place his hand on Elmire that causes her to become alarmed during their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Her knee.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her hand.
4. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
(b) Licorice and mint.
(c) Hard candies.
5. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orgon do to Damis near the end of Act 3?
2. Finish the sentence: "And I can't gaze up you, you perfect creature, without worshiping in you both God and ______."
3. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
4. What does Elmire say "aids in our misdirection" when planning her scheme against Tartuffe with Dorine in Act 4?
5. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)