|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4?
2. Finish the sentence: "Let's quickly put it all in writing, and let their envy choke on its own _______."
3. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
4. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
5. What reason does Tartuffe give Cleante for leaving him in Act 4?
(a) There are religious rites that demand his presence.
(b) He needs sleep.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is tired of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mariane do towards Orgon just before begging him to not make her marry Tartuffe?
2. How does Tartuffe react when Elmire first begins telling him of her passion for him during their private conversation in Act 4?
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
4. Who says, "What can I think about what you're saying except that your blindness is quite dismaying!"?
5. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)