|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Satisfy my desire and have no fear; I'll assume the sin and leave your soul ____."
2. Who says, "Shouldn't a Christian pardon the offense and purge his soul of desire for vengeance"?
3. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under the table.
(c) Behind a plant.
(d) Behind the curtains.
4. Who says, "Your desires are too quick to ignite, and you mustn't let passion be overdone"?
5. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
(a) "This is not up for discussion."
(b) "Be firm. This is no time for humanity."
(c) "I can't undo this."
(d) "This isn't your decision."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorine do every time Orgon turns towards her during their argument in Act 2?
2. Who says, "Do you think that I should perpetuate the flame of love that I have felt of late?"
3. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
4. Finish the sentence: "Monsieur, can you pose as one who's sage, gravely stroking your breaded _____."
5. What does Cleante ask Tartuffe to help him with at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)