|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "He is a man of repute in the land of his birth, and, even as he is, he's a man of ______."
2. What does Orgon refer to Dorine, Cleante, Mariane, and Elmire's suggestions that Tartuffe is an imposter in Act 4?
(b) Fantasy and fairy tales.
(c) Wishful thinking.
(d) Silly gossip.
3. What term does Mariane refer to Tartuffe as just after her father asks if she will marry him?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) A recluse.
(c) An imposter.
(d) A rodent.
4. Who is the first person Orgon speaks with after hearing of Tartuffe's advances on Elmire?
5. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
2. What does Orgon say to Mariane after she has made her plea to not marry Tartuffe?
3. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
4. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
5. Finish the sentence: May Heaven forever in its great bounty grant you good health both in soul and _______."
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)