|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "My breast does not hold a heart of stone"?
2. What does Elmire get Orgon to agree to do in order to prove Tartuffe is disloyal in Act 4?
(a) Confront Tartuffe.
(b) Hide in the room while she talks to him.
(c) Stand outside the window while she talks to him.
(d) Read a letter Tartuffe gave her.
3. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "I don't know".
(b) "It can't be true."
(c) "What do you think?"
(d) "It will not happen."
4. Who says, "There is no pleasure in Heaven above sweeter than such words from the lips I love"?
5. What does Elmire try and talk Damis out of doing in Act 3?
(a) Kicking Tartuffe out of the house.
(b) Killing Tartuffe.
(c) Telling Orgon about Tartuffe's advances on her.
(d) Framing Tartuffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elmire make Tartuffe go in the middle of their private conversation in Act 4?
2. Finish the sentence: "You all hate him, and now I see how my wife, children, and maid conspire against his ______."
3. Who does Dorine ask Mariane if she loves in Act 2?
4. What does Tartuffe claim Orgon's family doubts about him near the end of Act 3?
5. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)