|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which manner does Orgon say he needs to speak with his daughter in Act 2?
2. What does Orgon claim he has given Dorine "too much" of during their argument in Act 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
4. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere at the very end of Act 2?
(a) "Make up and celebrate."
(b) "You go off that way, and you go the other."
(c) "Go be happy and conspire."
(d) "Go off together happily."
5. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tartuffe talking about when he says, "I wholly forgive him of any blame, and long to restore him to his goon name."?
2. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
3. What does Orgon tell Elmire he has given Tartuffe at the end of Act 4?
4. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
5. Who says, "The mere thought of this ingratitude makes me suffer from a torture so crude"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)