|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
2. Where in the room does Orgon hide during Elmire and Tartuffe's private discussion in Act 4?
(a) Behind the curtains.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Behind a plant.
(d) Under the table.
3. Who does Orgon say will be his only legal heir at the end of Act 3?
4. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
5. Who says, "Your injustice to me has a mortal sting!"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of candy does Tartuffe offer Elmire during their encounter in Act 4?
2. What does Elmire threaten to do to Tartuffe near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
3. What does Dorine refer to Tartuffe as during her argument with Orgon in Act 2?
4. What question does Dorine ask Mariane just after Orgon leaves the room in Act 2?
5. What does Tartuffe give to Dorine when they first begin talking in Act 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)