|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man does Orgon say Tartuffe is after he sees the advances he makes on Elmire?
2. What does Elmire make Tartuffe promise to do near the end of their private conversation in Act 3?
(a) Leave their home.
(b) Give back Orgon's money.
(c) Refuse to marry Mariane.
(d) Marry Dorine.
3. Finish the sentence: "A father's love brings true _____".
4. What does Tartuffe tell Cleante would be "a huge scandal"?
(a) If he married Elmire.
(b) If he refused to marry Mariane.
(c) If he married Mariane.
(d) If he left Orgon's house.
5. Which of the following people does Dorine NOT tell Mariane and Valere to speak with regarding their plans of stopping Mariane and Tartuffe's marriage?
(a) Their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orgon call a traitor near the end of Act 3?
2. Who says, "My entire life has been soiled with evil; it's nothing but a mass of sinful upheaval"?
3. What does Dorine tell Mariane and Valere they will do to prevent the marriage of Mariane and Tartuffe?
4. Who tells Orgon to keep his "anger within measure" in Act 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "I am cutting you off and what is worse I am leaving you with my heart-felt _______."
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)