One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orgon claim Tartuffe has a "powerful love" for that makes him renounce wealth?
(b) The eternal.
(c) The Lord.
2. What is Mariane's response to Valere when he asks her what she thinks of her father's decision for her to marry Tartuffe?
(a) "I don't know".
(b) "It will not happen."
(c) "What do you think?"
(d) "It can't be true."
3. What does Orgon tell Mariane "the contract" of her marriage to Tartuffe will make her?
(a) A holy woman.
(c) A good person.
(d) Very gay.
4. What is Mariane's response to Orgon when he asks her if she will marry Tartuffe in Act 2?
(a) "I dare not!"
(b) "It is your will."
(c) "Out of the question, father, I assure you!"
(d) "Whatever your wish father."
5. In what way does Orgon tell his daughter she must earn his love at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) By moving away.
(b) By devoting herself to content him.
(c) By working.
(d) By being happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Don't put on that scrupulous air while your actions injure a rightful heir"?
2. What does Mariane describe as having "with the strongest passion"?
3. What words does Tartuffe use to describe himself to Orgon after being confronted by him in Act 3?
4. Finish the sentence: "Let's join forces, I beg you, and try through skill or cunning to undo the vicious scheme that's left us all so ______."
5. Finish Orgon's description of Tartuffe in Act 2: "He is a holy man and ______ poor."
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)