|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
2. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
3. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
4. Where does Taran stay for the winter?
5. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
2. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
3. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
4. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
5. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
6. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
7. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
8. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
9. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
10. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)