|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
2. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
3. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
4. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
5. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)