|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
2. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
3. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
4. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
5. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
2. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
3. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
4. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
5. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
6. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
7. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
8. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
9. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
10. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)