|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
2. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
3. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
4. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
5. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
2. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
3. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
4. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
5. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
6. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
7. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
8. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
9. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
10. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)