|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorath's occupation?
2. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
3. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
4. What does Taran work to make at his second job with the Free Commots.
5. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
2. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
3. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
4. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
5. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
6. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
7. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
8. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
9. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
10. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and creatures are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role do despair play in this book?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)