|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
2. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
3. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
4. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
5. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
2. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
3. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
4. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
5. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
6. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
7. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
8. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
9. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
10. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes present in this novel. Where does these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)