|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
2. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
3. What does Taran work to make at his second job with the Free Commots.
4. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
5. What does the shepherd realize at the end of the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
2. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
3. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
4. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
5. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
6. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
7. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
8. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
9. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
10. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Llonio presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does his different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and creatures are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)