|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
2. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
3. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
4. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
5. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
2. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
3. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
4. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
5. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
6. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
7. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
8. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
9. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
10. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)