|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
2. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
3. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
4. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
5. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
2. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
3. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
4. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
5. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
6. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
7. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
8. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
9. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
10. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role do despair play in this book?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)