|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
2. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
3. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
4. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
5. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
2. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
3. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
4. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
5. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
6. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
7. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
8. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
9. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
10. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Lord Goryon and Lord Gast are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)