|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
2. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
3. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
4. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
5. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
2. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
3. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
4. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
5. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
6. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
7. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
8. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
9. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
10. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)