|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
2. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
3. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
4. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
5. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security are two themes present in this novel. Where does these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)