|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
2. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
3. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
4. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
5. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
2. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
3. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
4. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
5. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
6. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
7. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
8. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
9. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
10. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes present in this novel. Where does these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)