|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
2. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
3. What is Dorath's occupation?
4. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
5. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
2. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
3. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
4. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
5. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
6. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
7. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
8. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
9. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
10. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Taran endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)