|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
2. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
3. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
4. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
5. What is Dorath's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
2. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
3. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
4. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
5. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
6. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
7. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
8. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
9. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
10. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)