|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
2. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
3. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
4. What is Dorath's occupation?
5. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
2. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
3. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
4. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
5. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
6. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
7. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
8. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
9. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
10. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Lord Goryon and Lord Gast are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)