|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
2. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
3. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
4. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
5. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
2. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
3. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
4. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
5. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
6. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
7. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
8. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
9. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
10. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Llonio presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does his different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Lord Goryon and Lord Gast are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)