|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
2. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
3. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
4. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
5. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
2. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
3. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
4. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
5. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
6. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
7. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
8. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
9. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
10. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role do despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)