|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
2. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
3. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
4. What happens to the shepherd's son?
5. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Lloyd Alexander choose these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)