|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
2. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
3. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
4. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
5. What is Dorath's occupation?
Essay Topic 1
Taran endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)