|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the creature that Llylan found in the bushes?
2. Why does Morda put his life force in an object?
3. What does Fflewdar tell Taran to do with what was found by the item hid by Kaw?
4. Where is Morda's life force?
5. What favor does Taran ask of King Smoit when Goryon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
2. Why is Doli sitting in the bushes the way he is when Llylan found him?
3. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
4. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
5. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
6. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
7. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
8. What is so special about the mirror that Taran is sent to find?
9. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
10. What is stolen from the Fair Folk, and why is this so important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Llonio presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does his different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)