|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
2. How does Taran avoid what Morda tries to do to him in the compound?
3. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
4. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
5. What feast is provided for Taran when he enters the house that Fflewdar Fflam is staying at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
2. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
3. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
4. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
5. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
6. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
7. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
8. How does Taran finally enter the compound of Morda?
9. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
10. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Taran endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Lord Goryon and Lord Gast are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)