|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
2. Where does the man with Taran's horse say he got the horse from when Taran confronts him?
3. Where is the king headed at the end of chapter 4?
4. What is the man who has Taran's horse having trouble with when Taran sees him?
5. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
2. What does the king ask of Taran after the dispute is settled, and what was Taran's response?
3. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
4. What happens after Taran escapes from his ropes when he is in Morda's compound?
5. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
6. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
7. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
8. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
9. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
10. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Lord Goryon and Lord Gast are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)