|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Goryon and Gast usually punished for the common battles between each other?
2. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
4. What is Taran's occupation?
5. What does Taran want to do for the man who helped him in Cantrevs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
2. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
3. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
4. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
5. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
6. Why does Dallben not want Taran to go on a quest to find his parentage?
7. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
8. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
9. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
10. What favor does Taran ask of the King when the disputing lords are seen, and why does King Smoit grant this favor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Llonio presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does his different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)