|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace?
2. Who gives Taran what is stolen from him when he first entered Cantrevs?
3. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
4. What kind of creature is Llylan?
5. What do Goryon and Gast end up going to battle over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
2. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
3. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
4. What important fact does Doli teach Taran about his battle horn?
5. Why does Taran want to find out the truth of his parentage so badly?
6. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
7. How do the poor farmer and his wife in Cantrevs lose their son?
8. What happens after Taran escapes from his ropes when he is in Morda's compound?
9. What is stolen from the Fair Folk, and why is this so important?
10. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Lord Goryon and Lord Gast are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)