|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues the King from the water?
2. What does Taran ask of the first king he meets on his quest?
3. Who retrieves the item that Kaw stole from Fflewdar?
4. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
5. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
2. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
3. What happens after Taran escapes from his ropes when he is in Morda's compound?
4. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
5. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
6. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
7. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
8. How does Taran finally enter the compound of Morda?
9. What does the king ask of Taran after the dispute is settled, and what was Taran's response?
10. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes present in this novel. Where does these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)