|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the king headed at the end of chapter 4?
2. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
3. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
4. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
5. What do Goryon and Gast end up going to battle over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
2. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
3. How do the poor farmer and his wife in Cantrevs lose their son?
4. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
5. What happened to Doli when he is caught?
6. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
7. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
8. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
9. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
10. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Llonio presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does his different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)