|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Taran's horse?
2. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
3. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
4. What is the occupation of the man in Cantrevs who loses his son?
5. What is the name of the man who commits the robbery from the Fair Folk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
2. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
3. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
4. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
5. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
6. What does the king ask of Taran after the dispute is settled, and what was Taran's response?
7. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
8. What happens after Taran escapes from his ropes when he is in Morda's compound?
9. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
10. What happened to Doli when he is caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)