|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
2. How does Morda get his life force back?
3. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
4. What is so special about the mirror Taran is sent to find?
5. What kind of creature is Kaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
2. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
3. What important fact does Doli teach Taran about his battle horn?
4. Why does Taran want to find out the truth of his parentage so badly?
5. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
6. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
7. How do the poor farmer and his wife in Cantrevs lose their son?
8. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
9. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
10. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role do despair play in this book?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)