|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
2. How does Taran revive the dying creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
3. What is the finest treasure that the owner of the house where Fflewdar Fflam is found has?
4. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
5. Where is Morda's life force?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
2. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
3. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
4. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
5. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
6. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
7. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
8. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
9. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
10. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Llonio presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does his different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)