|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who commits the robbery from the Fair Folk?
2. How does Taran come to live where he does at the beginning of the book?
3. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
4. What kind of creature is Kaw?
5. What is Taran's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
2. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
3. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
4. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
5. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
6. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
7. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
8. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
9. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
10. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and creatures are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)