|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people Taran visits first on his quest want in return?
2. After leaving the king's palace, where does Taran make his next stop?
3. What kind of person is the man who stole from the Fair Folk?
4. Who goes with Taran on his mission?
5. What feast is provided for Taran when he enters the house that Fflewdar Fflam is staying at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
2. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
3. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
4. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
5. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
6. What is the normal punishment for this common dispute between Goryon and Gast?
7. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
8. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
9. What happens after Taran escapes from his ropes when he is in Morda's compound?
10. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes present in this novel. Where does these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role do despair play in this book?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)