|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the robber turn Gurgi into after speaking with Taran in the evil compound?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
3. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
4. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
5. Where is Morda's life force?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the normal punishment for this common dispute between Goryon and Gast?
2. What is so special about the mirror that Taran is sent to find?
3. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
4. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
5. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
6. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
7. How do the poor farmer and his wife in Cantrevs lose their son?
8. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
9. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
10. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)