|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
2. What is wrong with the creature that Llylan found in the bushes?
3. Who does Taran want to talk to on his first stop on his quest?
4. Who breaks the polished bone?
5. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
2. What important fact does Doli teach Taran about his battle horn?
3. Why is Doli sitting in the bushes the way he is when Llylan found him?
4. What does Llylan find in the bushes after their encounter with Kaw?
5. How does Taran escape from the ropes around his hands when is in in Morda's compound?
6. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
7. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
8. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
9. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
10. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)