|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
2. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
3. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
4. How does Morda get his life force back?
5. What else is found in the place where Kaw hides the item he steals from Fflewdar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
2. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
3. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
4. Why does Taran want to find out the truth of his parentage so badly?
5. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
6. How does Taran escape from the ropes around his hands when is in in Morda's compound?
7. Why is Doli sitting in the bushes the way he is when Llylan found him?
8. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
9. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
10. What happens after Taran escapes from his ropes when he is in Morda's compound?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lord Goryon and Lord Gast are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and creatures are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)