|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the finest treasure that the owner of the house where Fflewdar Fflam is found has?
2. How does the man who helps Taran in Cantrevs lose his son?
3. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
4. Who retrieves the item that Kaw stole from Fflewdar?
5. What does Taran want from the people he visits first on his quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dallben not want Taran to go on a quest to find his parentage?
2. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
3. How does Taran escape from the ropes around his hands when is in in Morda's compound?
4. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
5. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
6. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
7. What does Taran see when he looks in the Mirror of Llunet, and what does this teach him?
8. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
9. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
10. How do the poor farmer and his wife in Cantrevs lose their son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)