|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran ask of the first king he meets on his quest?
2. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
3. Where does Kaw hide the item he stole from Fflewdar when he first sees him traveling?
4. What is the occupation of the man in Cantrevs who loses his son?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the king ask of Taran after the dispute is settled, and what was Taran's response?
2. What is so special about the mirror that Taran is sent to find?
3. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
4. Why does Dallben not want Taran to go on a quest to find his parentage?
5. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
6. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
7. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
8. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
9. How does Taran finally enter the compound of Morda?
10. What happened to Doli when he is caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and creatures are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)