|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Taran talking to Morda about just before he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
2. What does Morda try to do to Taran in the compound?
3. How long does Taran travel after leaving the king's palace before making his next stop?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
5. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special about the mirror that Taran is sent to find?
2. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
3. What does Llylan find in the bushes after their encounter with Kaw?
4. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
5. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
6. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
7. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
8. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
9. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
10. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role do despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and creatures are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)