Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
2. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
3. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
4. What does Taran say is his top priority after all the trouble he faces in Cantrevs?
5. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
2. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
3. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
4. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
5. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
6. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
7. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
8. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
9. Why does Dallben not want Taran to go on a quest to find his parentage?
10. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Lord Goryon and Lord Gast are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)