|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature is Kaw?
2. What is the occupation of the man in Cantrevs who loses his son?
3. What does Taran want to do for the man who helped him in Cantrevs?
4. What is the name of the man who commits the robbery from the Fair Folk?
5. Where does Taran suggest the king goes after he is rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
2. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
3. How does Taran finally enter the compound of Morda?
4. What happened to Doli when he is caught?
5. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
6. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
7. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
8. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
9. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
10. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Lloyd Alexander choose these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Llonio presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does his different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)