|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
2. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
3. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
4. Where does Kaw hide the item he stole from Fflewdar when he first sees him traveling?
5. What does Taran say is his top priority after all the trouble he faces in Cantrevs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
2. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
3. What is so special about the mirror that Taran is sent to find?
4. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
5. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
6. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
7. What favor does Taran ask of the King when the disputing lords are seen, and why does King Smoit grant this favor?
8. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
9. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
10. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and creatures are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author feels it is so important?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)