|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(b) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(c) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(d) He wants half the money.
2. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
3. What is Dorath's occupation?
(d) Sword for hire.
4. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
(a) To Cair Dallben.
(b) To a livestock market.
(c) To a small farmer with many children.
(d) To the Free Commots.
5. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
(a) Dallben is coming.
(b) Craddoc is not his father.
(c) The princess has written to him.
(d) Craddoc is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
2. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
3. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
4. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
5. What happens to the shepherd's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
2. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
3. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
4. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
5. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
6. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
7. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
8. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
9. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
10. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)