|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
2. What does the farmer that got Craddoc's sheep put in the river behind his house?
(a) A turning wheel.
(b) A large ferry.
(c) A floating bridge.
(d) A large net.
3. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He wants half the money.
(b) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(c) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(d) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
4. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
(a) Catch and kill Dorath.
(b) Make his story heard.
(c) Deliver Annlaw's pottery.
(d) Defeat the outlaws.
5. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
(a) Tell him of all the danger they will meet.
(b) Lie to him about his destination.
(c) Talk down about the treasure.
(d) Sneak away in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
2. What is Dorath's occupation?
3. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
4. What happens to the shepherd's son?
5. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
2. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
3. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
4. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
5. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
6. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
7. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
8. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
9. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
10. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)