|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
2. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(b) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
(c) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(d) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
3. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) To his own land.
(b) With Taran on his journey.
(c) To Cair Dallben.
(d) To the Free Commots.
4. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
5. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
(a) A traveller.
(c) King Smoit.
(d) The Fair Folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
2. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
3. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
4. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
5. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
2. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
3. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
4. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
5. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
6. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
7. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
8. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
9. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
10. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)