|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
(a) He summons Dallben to him with his ring.
(b) The battle horn.
(c) He sings a chant that Doli taught him.
(d) He sends Gurgi to fetch Dallben.
2. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) To the Free Commots.
(b) To his own land.
(c) To Cair Dallben.
(d) With Taran on his journey.
3. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
(a) The battle horn.
(b) His sword.
(c) The polished bone.
(d) An enchanted ring.
4. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He dies with his mother.
(b) He is stolen by a wizard.
(c) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(d) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
5. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
(a) To be wealthy.
(b) To know that her husband would never re-marry.
(c) To see her sone get away from their land.
(d) To see a bit of real magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
2. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
3. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
4. What is Dorath's occupation?
5. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
2. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
3. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
4. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
5. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
6. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
7. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
8. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
9. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
10. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)