|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) To Cair Dallben.
(b) To his own land.
(c) To the Free Commots.
(d) With Taran on his journey.
2. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
3. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
(a) The princess has written to him.
(b) Dallben is coming.
(c) Craddoc is injured.
(d) Craddoc is not his father.
4. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) An old weaver.
(b) An injured young man.
(c) A spry little dwarf.
(d) A beautiful woman.
5. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) It is admired and sold.
(c) It shatters.
(d) It cuts him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
2. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
3. What happens to the shepherd's son?
4. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
5. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
2. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
3. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
4. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
5. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
6. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
7. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
8. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
9. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
10. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)