|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
2. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
(a) Another polished bone.
(b) Some oddly shaped stones.
(c) A bag of wheat.
(d) A horse bridle.
3. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
(a) Make his story heard.
(b) Deliver Annlaw's pottery.
(c) Defeat the outlaws.
(d) Catch and kill Dorath.
4. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
(a) He admires the physical tenacity it requires.
(b) He loves the peace and serenity of it.
(c) He feels it is beneath him, but likes it.
(d) He does not like it.
5. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
(a) His sword.
(b) The polished bone.
(c) The battle horn.
(d) An enchanted ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
2. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
3. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
4. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
5. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
2. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
3. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
4. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
5. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
6. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
7. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
8. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
9. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
10. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)