|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It cuts him.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It is admired and sold.
(d) It shatters.
2. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
(a) Defeat the outlaws.
(b) Catch and kill Dorath.
(c) Make his story heard.
(d) Deliver Annlaw's pottery.
3. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) A sword.
(b) A wheat grinder.
(c) A gift for his princess.
(d) Some new clothing.
4. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) They are the happiest people he has ever seen.
(b) They need a new leader.
(c) They are starving.
(d) The city is preparing for attack.
5. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
(a) To the Free Commots.
(b) To Cair Dallben.
(c) To a small farmer with many children.
(d) To a livestock market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
2. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
3. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
4. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
5. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
2. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
3. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
4. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
5. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
6. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
7. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
8. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
9. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
10. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)