|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dorath's occupation?
(d) Sword for hire.
2. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
(a) He loves her too much to let her lower her standards.
(b) He knows she would despise him after hearing he is a shepherd.
(c) He no longer loves her as he has found his home.
(d) He is of too low birth to ever marry her.
3. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Merry's Commot.
(b) Commot Merclin.
(c) Commot Merin.
(d) Merlin's Commot.
4. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
5. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
(a) He pleads with Taran to care for the sheep.
(b) He lied.
(c) Crawdack is really a run-away prince.
(d) He loves Taran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
2. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
3. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
4. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
5. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
2. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
3. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
4. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
5. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
6. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
7. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
8. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
9. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
10. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)