|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
(a) Take a few days off.
(b) Close his eyes and work without thinking.
(c) Do a delivery.
2. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
3. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
(a) Power the mill that grinds his wheat.
(b) Provide a traveling bridge.
(c) Give him safe passage across the river.
(d) Catch things floating down the river.
4. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
(a) News of his homeland.
(b) Payment for the food he ate.
(c) A written promise of fidelity.
(d) A share of the treasure.
5. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
2. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
3. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
4. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
5. What do Dorath and his men do when Taran asks them for some food?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
2. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
3. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
4. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
5. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
6. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
7. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
8. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
9. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
10. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)