|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He is stolen by a wizard.
(b) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
(c) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(d) He dies with his mother.
2. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
(a) The story of Craddoc.
(b) How much land Craddoc owns.
(c) To send all of his things to Craddoc's house.
(d) Whether or not his mother is still alive somewhere.
3. What does the farmer that got Craddoc's sheep put in the river behind his house?
(a) A large net.
(b) A large ferry.
(c) A turning wheel.
(d) A floating bridge.
4. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Merry's Commot.
(b) Commot Merin.
(c) Merlin's Commot.
(d) Commot Merclin.
5. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
(a) A table.
(b) A front porch.
(c) A new wheat grinder.
(d) A system of catching and cleaning fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
2. What does the shepherd realize at the end of the summer?
3. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
4. What do Dorath and his men do when Taran asks them for some food?
5. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
2. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
3. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
4. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
5. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
6. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
7. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
8. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
9. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
10. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)