|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(b) Calls in a second man to help him.
(c) Brings out a knife.
(d) Takes a rest.
2. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
(a) Provide a traveling bridge.
(b) Power the mill that grinds his wheat.
(c) Catch things floating down the river.
(d) Give him safe passage across the river.
3. What work of his master in the third of the Free Commots has Taran seen before?
(a) King Smoit's tapestry.
(b) Lord Gast's wine bowl.
(c) Pricess Eilonwy's gown.
(d) Dallben's sword.
4. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It cuts him.
(b) It shatters.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) It is admired and sold.
5. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
2. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
3. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
4. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
5. What happens to the shepherd's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
2. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
3. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
4. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
5. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
6. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
7. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
8. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
9. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
10. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)