|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
2. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
(a) Crying in shame.
(b) Unconscious, but unharmed.
(c) Bleeding on the ground.
(d) Glaring in fury.
3. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(b) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(c) He wants half the money.
(d) He can sense Taran's goodness.
4. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
(a) Some oddly shaped stones.
(b) Another polished bone.
(c) A horse bridle.
(d) A bag of wheat.
5. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
(a) He loves Taran.
(b) He pleads with Taran to care for the sheep.
(c) Crawdack is really a run-away prince.
(d) He lied.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer that got Craddoc's sheep put in the river behind his house?
2. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
3. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
4. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
5. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
2. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
3. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
4. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
5. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
6. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
7. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
8. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
9. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
10. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)