|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) An injured young man.
(b) A spry little dwarf.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) An old weaver.
2. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It cuts him.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It is admired and sold.
(d) It shatters.
3. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
(a) The princess has written to him.
(b) Dallben is coming.
(c) Craddoc is not his father.
(d) Craddoc is injured.
4. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
(a) He feels it is beneath him, but likes it.
(b) He loves the peace and serenity of it.
(c) He admires the physical tenacity it requires.
(d) He does not like it.
5. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(b) He wants half the money.
(c) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(d) He can sense Taran's goodness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
2. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
3. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
4. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
5. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
2. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
3. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
4. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
5. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
6. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
7. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
8. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
9. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
10. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)