|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
(b) Take a few days off.
(c) Close his eyes and work without thinking.
(d) Do a delivery.
2. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) They are starving.
(b) They need a new leader.
(c) The city is preparing for attack.
(d) They are the happiest people he has ever seen.
3. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
(a) He hates getting so dirty.
(b) It is too hard for him.
(c) He feels this has no value to men.
(d) He cannot make things as beautiful as his master.
4. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) A sword.
(b) A gift for his princess.
(c) A wheat grinder.
(d) Some new clothing.
5. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(b) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(c) He wants half the money.
(d) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
2. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
3. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
4. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
5. What happens to the shepherd's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
2. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
3. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
4. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
5. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
6. What are the messages Taran sends Fflewdar Fflam to deliver after he hears Craddoc's story?
7. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
8. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
9. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
10. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)