|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) He feels it is beneath him.
(b) The work does not make him happy.
(c) He does not like his master.
(d) He does not have a natural talent for it.
2. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
(a) The enchanted ring.
(b) A sword fight.
(c) A letter of good will to King Smoit.
(d) A promisory note.
3. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(b) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(c) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
(d) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
4. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
(a) An enchanted ring.
(b) His sword.
(c) The polished bone.
(d) The battle horn.
5. Where does Taran stay for the winter?
(a) Cair Dallben.
(b) Craddoc's land.
(c) With the Free Commots.
(d) King Smoit's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
2. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
3. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
4. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
5. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
2. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
3. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
4. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
5. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
6. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
7. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
8. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
9. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
10. What does the weaver make Taran do when she agrees to let him become her apprentice?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)