|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) A gift for his princess.
(b) Some new clothing.
(c) A sword.
(d) A wheat grinder.
2. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
(a) He loses his father.
(b) He wastes the one call on the battle horn.
(c) He wants an explanation for the lie.
(d) He never hears the whole true story.
3. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(a) Craddoc is not his father.
(b) Taran is being honored as a hero.
(c) Creekdock is dead.
(d) Dallben is coming.
4. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) The farmer.
(c) King Smoit.
(d) A crippleled man.
5. How did the crippled man's wife die?
(a) An illness.
(b) Giving birth.
(c) Bandits attacked.
(d) She fell from a cliff in the fog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
2. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
3. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
4. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
5. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
2. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
3. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
4. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
5. What is Llonio's philosophy on life?
6. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
7. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
8. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
9. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
10. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)