|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
(a) It was a gift from Dallben.
(b) Dorath will most likely kill him with it.
(c) He has no other weapons.
(d) It is a huge disgrace to travel unprotected.
2. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) To Cair Dallben.
(b) To the Free Commots.
(c) To his own land.
(d) With Taran on his journey.
3. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
4. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A rucksack of food.
(d) A sword.
5. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(b) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(c) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(d) He wants half the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
2. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
3. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
4. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
5. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
2. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
3. How does Taran feel about the Commot Merin.
4. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
5. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
6. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
7. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
8. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
9. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
10. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)