|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He dies with his mother.
(b) He is stolen by a wizard.
(c) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
(d) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
2. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
(a) A share of the treasure.
(b) Payment for the food he ate.
(c) News of his homeland.
(d) A written promise of fidelity.
3. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
4. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(b) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(c) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
(d) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
5. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) A gift for his princess.
(b) Some new clothing.
(c) A wheat grinder.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran work to make at his second job with the Free Commots.
2. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
3. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
4. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
5. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
2. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
3. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
4. After spending a season as a shepherd, how does Taran feel about his new life?
5. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
6. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
7. What does Craddoc tell Taran just before he dies after falling off the ledge?
8. What is Taran's plan to help the fourth of the Free Commots fight against Dorath and his band?
9. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
10. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)