|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
2. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
(a) Turn people into animals.
(b) Live forever.
(c) Read people's minds.
(d) Travel anywhere he wishes without a sound.
3. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
(a) In a dream.
(b) On his princess.
(c) In a book.
(d) In Dallben's house.
4. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
(a) Help in the fight.
(b) Break the polished bone.
(c) Release the other prisoners.
(d) Say a prayer of thanks.
5. What is the name of the mirror that Taran is seeking?
(a) The Mirror of Lunalia.
(b) The Llankshire Mirror.
(c) The Reflector of Lawnabor.
(d) The Mirror of Llunet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
2. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
3. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
4. How does the man with Taran's horse feel about letting Taran keep his horse?
5. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dallben not want Taran to go on a quest to find his parentage?
2. What important fact does Doli teach Taran about his battle horn?
3. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
4. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
5. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
6. What does Llylan find in the bushes after their encounter with Kaw?
7. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
8. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
9. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
10. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)