|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the enchanted frog trying to lead Taran when he becomes ill?
(a) The main road to Ithilia.
(b) The site of the buried jewels.
(c) His own home.
(d) The robber's compound.
2. What does Taran ask his master for permission to do at the beginning of this book?
(a) Fight in the war.
(b) Marry his love.
(c) Find his birth parents.
(d) Prove his noble birth.
3. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He still needs to find his parents.
(b) He does not trust the man.
(c) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
(d) He worries the bandits will come back.
4. Why does Morda put his life force in an object?
(a) To practice his new powers.
(b) To protect him.
(c) To start a war.
(d) To immortalize him.
5. What is wrong with the creature that Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) It is starving.
(b) It is very old.
(c) It is dying of lack of water.
(d) It has many injuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man with Taran's horse say he got the horse from when Taran confronts him?
2. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
3. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
4. What is Taran talking to Morda about just before he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
5. What do Goryon and Gast end up going to battle over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the king ask of Taran after the dispute is settled, and what was Taran's response?
2. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
3. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
4. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
5. Where does Taran take Craddoc's sheep, and what is so peculiar about the people who take them?
6. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
7. What important fact does Doli teach Taran about his battle horn?
8. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
9. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
10. What part of his history does Craddoc tell Taran as they eat at his home?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)