|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
(a) Break the polished bone.
(b) Release the other prisoners.
(c) Help in the fight.
(d) Say a prayer of thanks.
2. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
(a) A map.
(b) Some nuts and berries.
(c) The polished bone.
(d) A phial of light.
3. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
(b) Fflewdar Fflam.
4. What has been stolen from the Fair Folk?
5. What is the occupation of the man in Cantrevs who loses his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
2. What kind of creature is Kaw?
3. What does Kaw take from Fllewdar Fflam when he first sees him traveling?
4. What does Taran want from the people he visits first on his quest?
5. How are Goryon and Gast usually punished for the common battles between each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
2. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
3. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
4. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
5. What is so special about the mirror that Taran is sent to find?
6. What does Llylan find in the bushes after their encounter with Kaw?
7. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
8. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
9. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
10. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)