|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first obstacle met on the way to the evil compound of the robber?
(a) A raging moat.
(b) A wall of thorns.
(c) A large and vast field.
(d) A pit of fire.
2. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
(a) An elf.
(b) A dwarf.
(c) A bard.
(d) A prince.
3. What is the owner of the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam most proud of himself for?
(a) Battle Prowess.
4. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
(a) His lack of generosity.
(b) His part in the dispute.
(c) His bad temper.
(d) His lack of belief in justice.
5. What does Fflewdar tell Taran to do with what was found by the item hid by Kaw?
(a) Use it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Take it along with them.
(d) Put it back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number book in the series is this book?
2. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
3. Who owns the house that Taran stops at after retrieving his horse?
4. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
5. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
2. What does the king ask of Taran after the dispute is settled, and what was Taran's response?
3. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
4. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
5. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
6. How does Taran finally enter the compound of Morda?
7. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
8. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
9. What is stolen from the Fair Folk, and why is this so important?
10. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)