|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
(a) A bard.
(b) A prince.
(c) An elf.
(d) A dwarf.
2. What kind of creature is Llylan?
3. How does Morda get his life force back?
(a) He summons it to him.
(b) He knocks it out of Taran's hands.
(c) He hypnotizes Taran.
(d) He says a chant that returns it to him.
4. What does the King want Taran to stay in his kingdom to be?
(a) His heir.
(b) His companion.
(c) His advisor.
(d) His lawyer.
5. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
(a) His horse.
(b) His sword.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His map.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the king's palace, where does Taran make his next stop?
2. What kind of person is the man who stole from the Fair Folk?
3. What kind of creature is Kaw?
4. Where is the enchanted frog trying to lead Taran when he becomes ill?
5. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special about the mirror that Taran is sent to find?
2. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
3. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
4. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
5. What happened to Doli when he is caught?
6. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
7. What important fact does Doli teach Taran about his battle horn?
8. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
9. How do the poor farmer and his wife in Cantrevs lose their son?
10. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)