|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the finest treasure that the owner of the house where Fflewdar Fflam is found has?
(a) A mirror.
(b) An enchanted sword.
(c) A wine bowl.
(d) An elvish charm.
2. Who rescues the King from the water?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
3. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
(a) Climb over the wall.
(b) Run through the fire.
(c) Use an invisibility cloak to cross the field.
(d) Swim the moat.
4. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
5. What favor does Taran ask of King Smoit when Goryon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) To take them on a tour of the damage they caused.
(b) To pick their punishment.
(c) To have them killed.
(d) To be hidden from view.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number book in the series is this book?
2. What happens when Morda dies?
3. Who rules the Free Commots?
4. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
5. What feast is provided for Taran when he enters the house that Fflewdar Fflam is staying at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
2. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
3. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
4. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
5. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
6. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
7. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
8. What does Llylan find in the bushes after their encounter with Kaw?
9. What is so special about the mirror that Taran is sent to find?
10. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)