|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
(a) Use camouflaged clothing.
(b) In a hollow tree.
(c) Use an invisibility cloak.
(d) Stooping behind a large boulder.
2. What does Taran ask his master for permission to do at the beginning of this book?
(a) Find his birth parents.
(b) Fight in the war.
(c) Marry his love.
(d) Prove his noble birth.
3. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
4. What is the name of the man who commits the robbery from the Fair Folk?
5. What does Fflewdar tell Taran to do with what was found by the item hid by Kaw?
(a) Use it.
(b) Put it back.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Take it along with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
2. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
3. What does Taran refuse to do as he starts to leave Morda's compound?
4. Where does Kaw hide the item he stole from Fflewdar when he first sees him traveling?
5. What kind of creature is Kaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
2. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
3. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
4. Why does Taran want to find out the truth of his parentage so badly?
5. What favor does Taran ask of the King when the disputing lords are seen, and why does King Smoit grant this favor?
6. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
7. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
8. How does Taran finally enter the compound of Morda?
9. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
10. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)