|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taran want to talk to on his first stop on his quest?
(a) A bard.
(b) A dwarf king.
(c) The three witches.
(d) An elfish gossip.
2. What does Fflewdar tell Taran to do with what was found by the item hid by Kaw?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Take it along with them.
(c) Put it back.
(d) Use it.
3. What is the finest treasure that the owner of the house where Fflewdar Fflam is found has?
(a) An elvish charm.
(b) A wine bowl.
(c) A mirror.
(d) An enchanted sword.
4. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
(a) Rides it.
(b) Produces papers proving his ownership.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Shows them his insignia.
5. What startling fact does Taran realize about the creature Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) He dreams about this creature.
(b) It tries to tell them something.
(c) It is a magical eagle.
(d) It is Doli in an enchanted form.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the frog doing when he is turned into a frog?
2. What does Taran say is his top priority after all the trouble he faces in Cantrevs?
3. What is Taran's occupation?
4. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
5. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
2. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
3. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
4. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
5. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
6. What is stolen from the Fair Folk, and why is this so important?
7. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
8. What does Llylan find in the bushes after their encounter with Kaw?
9. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
10. What is the normal punishment for this common dispute between Goryon and Gast?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)