|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Taran talking to Morda about just before he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) How he plans to kill Morda.
(b) Becoming a pig.
(c) How much he loves his princess.
(d) Complete gibberish.
2. Who gives Taran what is stolen from him when he first entered Cantrevs?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A Lord.
(c) His mother.
(d) A princess.
3. Who is Taran in love with?
(a) A servant.
(b) A queen.
(c) A princess.
(d) An elf.
4. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
(a) He falls violently ill.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He is shot with an arrow.
(d) He decides to go back to his castle.
5. What is the finest treasure that the owner of the house where Fflewdar Fflam is found has?
(a) An enchanted sword.
(b) A wine bowl.
(c) An elvish charm.
(d) A mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morda offer to do when Taran tells him he has Morda's life force with him?
2. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
3. What is the name of the man who commits the robbery from the Fair Folk?
4. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
5. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
2. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
3. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
4. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
5. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
6. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
7. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
8. What important fact does Doli teach Taran about his battle horn?
9. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
10. Why is Doli sitting in the bushes the way he is when Llylan found him?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)