Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
2. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
(a) In a book.
(b) In a dream.
(c) On his princess.
(d) In Dallben's house.
3. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
(a) He is angry that it wasn't harsher.
(b) He is very happy and appeased.
(c) He is sad to see men punished so harshly.
(d) He is confused at the justice taking place.
4. What does Taran say is his top priority after all the trouble he faces in Cantrevs?
(a) Getting his horses back.
(b) Retrieving the mirror.
(c) Finding his parents.
(d) Helping the farmer.
5. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
(a) A phial of light.
(b) Some nuts and berries.
(c) A map.
(d) The polished bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rules the Free Commots?
2. How long does Taran travel after leaving the king's palace before making his next stop?
3. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
4. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
5. What does the party find as they take the injured King to a safe place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
2. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
3. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
4. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
5. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
6. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
7. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
8. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
9. Why does Dallben not want Taran to go on a quest to find his parentage?
10. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)