|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the robber turn Gurgi into after speaking with Taran in the evil compound?
(a) A cat.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A squirrell.
2. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
(a) Travel anywhere he wishes without a sound.
(b) Turn people into animals.
(c) Read people's minds.
(d) Live forever.
3. After leaving the king's palace, where does Taran make his next stop?
(a) Valley Catrevs.
(b) Hill Cantrevs.
(c) The Cantrevs Caves.
(d) The Cantrevs Plains.
4. What does Taran refuse to do as he starts to leave Morda's compound?
(a) Kill Morda.
(b) Give up his secrets.
(c) Betray his friends.
(d) Allow his friends to die.
5. Where is the enchanted frog trying to lead Taran when he becomes ill?
(a) The main road to Ithilia.
(b) The site of the buried jewels.
(c) His own home.
(d) The robber's compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
2. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
3. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
4. Who attacks Morda as Morda tries to kill Taran?
5. Who goes with Taran on his mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
2. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
3. What does Llylan find in the bushes after their encounter with Kaw?
4. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
5. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
6. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
7. How does Taran escape from the ropes around his hands when is in in Morda's compound?
8. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
9. Why does Dallben not want Taran to go on a quest to find his parentage?
10. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)