|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the frog doing when he is turned into a frog?
(a) Stealing from the Fair Folk.
(b) Sleeping in a hollow tree.
(c) Eating some nuts and berries.
(d) Trying to find the stolen jewels.
2. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Releases the other prisoners.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Breaks Morda's wand.
(d) Stabs Morda with a sword.
3. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
(a) Shows them his insignia.
(b) Produces papers proving his ownership.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Rides it.
4. What does Taran see around the robber's neck when he awakes in the evil compound?
(a) A phial.
(b) A chain.
(c) A knife.
(d) A necklace.
5. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) The prize cows.
(b) The bulls.
(c) One half of the calves.
(d) The old and injured cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
2. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
3. What is Taran's occupation?
4. What startling fact does Taran realize about the creature Llylan found in the bushes?
5. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dallben not want Taran to go on a quest to find his parentage?
2. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
3. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
4. What happens after Taran escapes from his ropes when he is in Morda's compound?
5. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
6. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
7. How do the poor farmer and his wife in Cantrevs lose their son?
8. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
9. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
10. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)