|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) They pay double taxes for a year.
(b) They repair and replant the farmer's field.
(c) They give the cows to King Smoit.
(d) They go to the dungeon for a year.
2. Where does Taran end up after he leaves the enchantresses?
(a) The Grand Catrevs.
(b) The Caves of Cantrevs.
(c) The Cantrevs Mountains.
(d) The Valley Cantrevs.
3. What is the name of the mirror that Taran is seeking?
(a) The Mirror of Llunet.
(b) The Mirror of Lunalia.
(c) The Llankshire Mirror.
(d) The Reflector of Lawnabor.
4. What kind of person is the man who stole from the Fair Folk?
5. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) One half of the calves.
(b) The bulls.
(c) The prize cows.
(d) The old and injured cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Goryon and Gast usually punished for the common battles between each other?
2. What is Taran's occupation?
3. What is the name of the creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
4. Where does Kaw hide the item he stole from Fflewdar when he first sees him traveling?
5. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the first place that Taran goes when he leaves on his mission and why?
2. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
3. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
4. How does Taran finally enter the compound of Morda?
5. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
6. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
7. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
8. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
9. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
10. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)