|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the king's palace, where does Taran make his next stop?
(a) Valley Catrevs.
(b) The Cantrevs Plains.
(c) Hill Cantrevs.
(d) The Cantrevs Caves.
2. Where does Taran end up after he leaves the enchantresses?
(a) The Cantrevs Mountains.
(b) The Grand Catrevs.
(c) The Caves of Cantrevs.
(d) The Valley Cantrevs.
3. How does the man who helps Taran in Cantrevs lose his son?
(a) He is stolen as a baby.
(b) He is imprisoned for murder.
(c) He dies in war.
(d) He dies in a battle with bandits.
4. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) One half of the calves.
(b) The prize cows.
(c) The bulls.
(d) The old and injured cows.
5. Who makes Taran's battle horn?
(a) A great wizard.
(b) The Fair Folk.
(c) The bards.
(d) The dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people Taran visits first on his quest want in return?
2. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
3. What does Taran say is his top priority after all the trouble he faces in Cantrevs?
4. What is Taran's occupation?
5. What kind of creature is Kaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
2. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
3. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
4. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
5. What important fact does Doli teach Taran about his battle horn?
6. What favor does Taran ask of the King when the disputing lords are seen, and why does King Smoit grant this favor?
7. After Craddoc's death, why does Taran say he no longer wishes to find his real parents?
8. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
9. What do Taran and the travelers find among the rocks after leaving Dorath's camp?
10. What is the wager that Dorath puts forth to Taran, and why is Taran so hesitant to accept it?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)