|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the party find as they take the injured King to a safe place?
(a) A group of bandits.
(b) Goryon and Gast.
(c) The missing cows.
(d) Taran's missing horse.
2. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
(a) King Snivle.
(b) King Stout.
(c) King Smoit.
(d) King Snout.
3. What is Taran talking to Morda about just before he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) How much he loves his princess.
(b) Becoming a pig.
(c) Complete gibberish.
(d) How he plans to kill Morda.
4. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
(a) His bad temper.
(b) His lack of generosity.
(c) His part in the dispute.
(d) His lack of belief in justice.
5. Where does the robber get what was hanging around his neck that Taran recognizes?
(a) From Eilonwy's mother.
(b) From the guild of wizards.
(c) He found it in a box in a tree.
(d) As a gift from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
2. What is the name of the man who owns the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam?
3. What does Kaw take from Fllewdar Fflam when he first sees him traveling?
4. What causes the enchanted frog to be ill?
5. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
2. How do the poor farmer and his wife in Cantrevs lose their son?
3. What is the normal punishment for this common dispute between Goryon and Gast?
4. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
5. Why does Dallben not want Taran to go on a quest to find his parentage?
6. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
7. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
8. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
9. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
10. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)