|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taran come to live where he does at the beginning of the book?
(a) His parents live there.
(b) He is given as a payment.
(c) He is stolen.
(d) He is left there by his parents.
2. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) The bulls.
(b) The prize cows.
(c) The old and injured cows.
(d) One half of the calves.
3. What is the name of Taran's horse?
4. What does Taran ask his master for permission to do at the beginning of this book?
(a) Fight in the war.
(b) Marry his love.
(c) Prove his noble birth.
(d) Find his birth parents.
5. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
(a) The Meadows of Flamnia.
(b) The Free Commots.
(c) The Ranges.
(d) The Fringe Lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rules the Free Commots?
2. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
3. What do the people Taran visits first on his quest want in return?
4. How does the man with Taran's horse feel about letting Taran keep his horse?
5. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
2. How does Taran escape from the ropes around his hands when is in in Morda's compound?
3. What items does Taran make while he is a blacksmith, and what happens to them?
4. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
5. What does Craddoc realize at the end of the summer, and what does he do about this realization?
6. What does Llylan find in the bushes after their encounter with Kaw?
7. What has Llonio placed in the river behind his house, and what is it used for?
8. What does the king ask of Taran after the dispute is settled, and what was Taran's response?
9. Where does Morda get the necklace that he has?
10. What favor does Taran ask of the King when the disputing lords are seen, and why does King Smoit grant this favor?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)