|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He worries the bandits will come back.
(b) He still needs to find his parents.
(c) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
(d) He does not trust the man.
2. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His map.
(c) His sword.
(d) His horse.
3. What is the name of the man who has Taran's horse after it is stolen?
(a) Gronol the Dwarf.
(b) Grizzle the Wizard.
(c) Lord Goryon.
(d) Count Gast.
4. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
5. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Taran get his battle horn?
2. What is the name of the creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
3. What number book in the series is this book?
4. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
5. Who breaks the polished bone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
2. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
3. What happens to King Smoit just as they are about to reach the scene of the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
4. What is stolen from the Fair Folk, and why is this so important?
5. How does Taran escape from the ropes around his hands when is in in Morda's compound?
6. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
7. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
8. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
9. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
10. What feast is laid out for Taran when he meets Lord Gast, and why is this so ironic?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)