|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first king whom Taran visits with tell him to look on his quest?
(a) The Nunnery in Nuance.
(b) The Dwarvish Caves.
(c) The Elvin Forest.
(d) The Free Commots.
2. How does Morda get his life force back?
(a) He says a chant that returns it to him.
(b) He knocks it out of Taran's hands.
(c) He hypnotizes Taran.
(d) He summons it to him.
3. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
(a) Swim the moat.
(b) Climb over the wall.
(c) Use an invisibility cloak to cross the field.
(d) Run through the fire.
4. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
5. What is Taran's occupation?
(b) Pig keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
2. Who is Taran in love with?
3. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
4. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
5. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
2. What is Taran most disappointed about after the fighting with Dorath is finished in the fourth of the Free Commots?
3. What does Kaw do when he sees Taran traveling with his friends?
4. How does Taran feel about his work as a potter?
5. What does Taran do to avoid having Dorath join the quest, and what happens?
6. How does Taran feel about Dorath and his men when he first meets them?
7. What does Taran see when he looks in the Mirror of Llunet, and what does this teach him?
8. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
9. How does Dorath make the fight with Taran unfair?
10. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)