|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran ask of the first king he meets on his quest?
(a) If he can borrow some money.
(b) If he knows who his parents are.
(c) If he can use to library.
(d) If they can rest at his castle for the night.
2. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
(a) Use an invisibility cloak to cross the field.
(b) Climb over the wall.
(c) Swim the moat.
(d) Run through the fire.
3. What does Taran see around the robber's neck when he awakes in the evil compound?
(a) A knife.
(b) A chain.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A phial.
4. Where does Taran suggest the king goes after he is rescued?
(a) Lord Gast's palace.
(b) Dallben's home.
(c) The farmer's house.
(d) His own castle.
5. What does Taran do with the gift brought to him by Kaw as he is being led by the enchanted frog?
(a) He cries in gratitude.
(b) He faints.
(c) He pretends to eat them, then throws them away.
(d) He keeps it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Morda dies?
2. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
3. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
4. Where is Morda's life force?
5. What is the name of Taran's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the polished bone turn out to be?
2. How do the poor farmer and his wife in Cantrevs lose their son?
3. How does Taran escape from the ropes around his hands when is in in Morda's compound?
4. How does Taran prove to Lord Goryon that the horse is his?
5. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
6. What does Lord Gast show Taran before allowing him to continue his quest?
7. How is King Smoit saved from the river?
8. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
9. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
10. What is so special about the mirror that Taran is sent to find?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)