|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
(a) Help in the fight.
(b) Release the other prisoners.
(c) Say a prayer of thanks.
(d) Break the polished bone.
2. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
(a) They did not meet until Taran showed up at the castle.
(b) He is an old friend.
(c) They are in battle together.
(d) He is a friend of his parents.
3. What is the occupation of the man in Cantrevs who loses his son?
4. What does Taran see around the robber's neck when he awakes in the evil compound?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A phial.
(c) A chain.
(d) A knife.
5. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
(a) The Lillydawn Lake.
(b) The Llawgadarn Mountains.
(c) The Larstredian Caves.
(d) The Lewellan Meadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morda offer to do when Taran tells him he has Morda's life force with him?
2. Who is Taran in love with?
3. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
4. What has been stolen from the Fair Folk?
5. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
2. How does Taran escape from the ropes around his hands when is in in Morda's compound?
3. What important fact does Doli teach Taran about his battle horn?
4. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
5. What does Taran agree to do after hearing Doli's story?
6. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
7. What does the king ask of Taran after the dispute is settled, and what was Taran's response?
8. What is the final punishment given to Lord Goryon and Lord Gast for their unlawful dispute?
9. What does Gurgi find in a hollow tree after meeting with Kaw?
10. What is the substance of the dispute between Gast and Goryon just as Taran is leaving King Smoit's castle?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)