|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the finest treasure that the owner of the house where Fflewdar Fflam is found has?
(a) An elvish charm.
(b) A mirror.
(c) An enchanted sword.
(d) A wine bowl.
2. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
(a) His lack of generosity.
(b) His lack of belief in justice.
(c) His part in the dispute.
(d) His bad temper.
3. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Releases the other prisoners.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Breaks Morda's wand.
(d) Stabs Morda with a sword.
4. What happens to the person who used to own the item hanging from the robber's neck?
(a) She tranforms herself.
(b) She dies.
(c) She becomes a queen.
(d) She is thrown into prison.
5. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
2. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
3. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
4. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
5. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
2. How does Taran stall Morda when he wants to turn Taran into an animal?
3. What is stolen from the Fair Folk, and why is this so important?
4. What favor does Taran ask of the King when the disputing lords are seen, and why does King Smoit grant this favor?
5. Why does Taran not stay to help the farmer in the Cantrevs Valley?
6. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
7. How does Taran escape from the ropes around his hands when is in in Morda's compound?
8. Why is Doli sitting in the bushes the way he is when Llylan found him?
9. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
10. Why does Taran want to find out the truth of his parentage so badly?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)