|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Taran's horse?
2. What does Taran see around the robber's neck when he awakes in the evil compound?
(a) A knife.
(b) A phial.
(c) A chain.
(d) A necklace.
3. What startling fact does Taran realize about the creature Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) It is Doli in an enchanted form.
(b) He dreams about this creature.
(c) It is a magical eagle.
(d) It tries to tell them something.
4. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) They use the key found in the tree to open the door.
(b) They find a bridge across the moat.
(c) The robber opens the door and escorts them in.
(d) The wall of thorns throws them in.
5. What is so special about the mirror Taran is sent to find?
(a) It reads minds.
(b) It is enchanted.
(c) It can see all of a person.
(d) It has not been seen in years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
2. What else is found in the place where Kaw hides the item he steals from Fflewdar?
3. How does Morda get his life force back?
4. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
5. What does the robber turn Gurgi into after speaking with Taran in the evil compound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first obstacle Taran meets in trying to get to Morda, and how does he try to defeat it?
2. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace, and why is this surprising?
3. What does Taran notice about the men riding his horse when he finds where his stolen horse is?
4. What happens after Taran escapes from his ropes when he is in Morda's compound?
5. Where do Taran and Gurgi get help when they find trouble in the Valley Cantrevs?
6. What does Taran suggest King Smoit do instead of his usual punishment to Goryon and Gast, and why?
7. What happens to Taran and Gurgi when they first enter the Valley Cantrevs?
8. What does Fflewdar Fflam tell Taran to do with the item Gurgi found in the hollow tree, and why?
9. What does Morda's necklace give him power to do?
10. Why does Taran want to find out the truth of his parentage so badly?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)