|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
(a) A written promise of fidelity.
(b) News of his homeland.
(c) A share of the treasure.
(d) Payment for the food he ate.
2. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
(a) He cannot make things as beautiful as his master.
(b) He feels this has no value to men.
(c) He hates getting so dirty.
(d) It is too hard for him.
3. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
4. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) An old weaver.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) An injured young man.
(d) A spry little dwarf.
5. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
6. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
(a) Do a delivery.
(c) Take a few days off.
(d) Close his eyes and work without thinking.
7. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
(a) A front porch.
(b) A table.
(c) A system of catching and cleaning fish.
(d) A new wheat grinder.
8. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
9. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
(b) The Fair Folk.
(c) A traveller.
(d) King Smoit.
10. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Commot Merclin.
(b) Merlin's Commot.
(c) Merry's Commot.
(d) Commot Merin.
11. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
(a) The princess has written to him.
(b) Craddoc is not his father.
(c) Craddoc is injured.
(d) Dallben is coming.
12. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
(a) He pleads with Taran to care for the sheep.
(b) He lied.
(c) Crawdack is really a run-away prince.
(d) He loves Taran.
13. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
(a) He sings a chant that Doli taught him.
(b) He sends Gurgi to fetch Dallben.
(c) He summons Dallben to him with his ring.
(d) The battle horn.
14. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
15. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
(a) The polished bone.
(b) An enchanted ring.
(c) The battle horn.
(d) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran work to make at his second job with the Free Commots.
2. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
3. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
4. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
5. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)