|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It is admired and sold.
(b) It cuts him.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) It shatters.
2. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
3. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
4. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(b) A crippleled man.
(c) King Smoit.
(d) The farmer.
5. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(b) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(c) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
(d) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
6. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
(b) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(c) He dies with his mother.
(d) He is stolen by a wizard.
7. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
(a) Makes Taran look him in the eye to avoid lying.
(b) Promises that he has no fear of danger.
(c) Steals Taran's map to see the truth.
(d) Meets Taran at the horses as he tries to sneak away.
8. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
(a) He sends Gurgi to fetch Dallben.
(b) He sings a chant that Doli taught him.
(c) He summons Dallben to him with his ring.
(d) The battle horn.
9. What work of his master in the third of the Free Commots has Taran seen before?
(a) Lord Gast's wine bowl.
(b) Dallben's sword.
(c) King Smoit's tapestry.
(d) Pricess Eilonwy's gown.
10. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
(a) He likes sheep.
(b) He fears to travel alone.
(c) He does not think he can remember all the message.
(d) He does not like Dallben.
11. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He admires the physical tenacity it requires.
(c) He feels it is beneath him, but likes it.
(d) He loves the peace and serenity of it.
12. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(b) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(c) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(d) He wants half the money.
13. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
14. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
(a) Close his eyes and work without thinking.
(b) Take a few days off.
(c) Do a delivery.
15. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
(a) To a small farmer with many children.
(b) To Cair Dallben.
(c) To the Free Commots.
(d) To a livestock market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
2. What does Taran work to make at his second job with the Free Commots.
3. What does the farmer that got Craddoc's sheep put in the river behind his house?
4. What is the shepherd's most prized possession?
5. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)