|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
(a) To send all of his things to Craddoc's house.
(b) Whether or not his mother is still alive somewhere.
(c) The story of Craddoc.
(d) How much land Craddoc owns.
2. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
(a) A new wheat grinder.
(b) A system of catching and cleaning fish.
(c) A table.
(d) A front porch.
3. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) The farmer.
(c) King Smoit.
(d) A crippleled man.
4. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
(b) Fflewdar Fflam.
5. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He dies with his mother.
(b) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(c) He is stolen by a wizard.
(d) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
6. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
(a) Lord Goryon.
(c) Lord Gast.
(d) The 3 witches.
7. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
(a) He wants an explanation for the lie.
(b) He wastes the one call on the battle horn.
(c) He never hears the whole true story.
(d) He loses his father.
8. Where does Taran stay for the winter?
(a) Cair Dallben.
(b) King Smoit's palace.
(c) Craddoc's land.
(d) With the Free Commots.
9. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
(a) He likes sheep.
(b) He does not think he can remember all the message.
(c) He does not like Dallben.
(d) He fears to travel alone.
10. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(b) Fflewdar Fflam.
11. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
12. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
13. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
(a) Make their population look larger.
(b) Make the city look vacant.
(c) Throw the aggressors a celebration.
(d) Trade with the aggressors.
14. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
15. What is Dorath's occupation?
(d) Sword for hire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shepherd's most prized possession?
2. What work of his master in the third of the Free Commots has Taran seen before?
3. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
4. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
5. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)