|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
2. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(b) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
(c) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(d) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
3. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
4. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
(a) He hates getting so dirty.
(b) It is too hard for him.
(c) He cannot make things as beautiful as his master.
(d) He feels this has no value to men.
5. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
(a) A new wheat grinder.
(b) A front porch.
(c) A table.
(d) A system of catching and cleaning fish.
6. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) The work does not make him happy.
(b) He feels it is beneath him.
(c) He does not have a natural talent for it.
(d) He does not like his master.
7. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It cuts him.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It is admired and sold.
(d) It shatters.
8. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
9. What does the shepherd realize at the end of the summer?
(a) Taran was meant for more in life than this farm.
(b) Taran hates his life there.
(c) Taran is not his son.
(d) He is dying.
10. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
(a) Talk down about the treasure.
(b) Lie to him about his destination.
(c) Tell him of all the danger they will meet.
(d) Sneak away in the night.
11. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
(a) Steals Taran's map to see the truth.
(b) Promises that he has no fear of danger.
(c) Makes Taran look him in the eye to avoid lying.
(d) Meets Taran at the horses as he tries to sneak away.
12. What do Dorath and his men do when Taran asks them for some food?
(a) Makes Taran promise payment for the food.
(b) Lets Taran scrape the left-overs when the men are done eating.
(c) Completely ignores Taran.
(d) Welcomes them and feeds them.
13. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He is stolen by a wizard.
(b) He dies with his mother.
(c) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(d) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
14. How did the crippled man's wife die?
(a) Giving birth.
(b) She fell from a cliff in the fog.
(c) Bandits attacked.
(d) An illness.
15. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
2. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
3. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
4. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
5. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)