|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
(a) He wastes the one call on the battle horn.
(b) He loses his father.
(c) He wants an explanation for the lie.
(d) He never hears the whole true story.
2. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) He does not have a natural talent for it.
(b) The work does not make him happy.
(c) He feels it is beneath him.
(d) He does not like his master.
3. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(a) Dallben is coming.
(b) Craddoc is not his father.
(c) Taran is being honored as a hero.
(d) Creekdock is dead.
4. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
(a) A promisory note.
(b) A sword fight.
(c) The enchanted ring.
(d) A letter of good will to King Smoit.
5. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
(b) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(c) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(d) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
6. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Calls in a second man to help him.
(b) Takes a rest.
(c) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(d) Brings out a knife.
7. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(b) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(c) He wants half the money.
(d) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
8. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
(a) He lied.
(b) Crawdack is really a run-away prince.
(c) He pleads with Taran to care for the sheep.
(d) He loves Taran.
9. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
(a) Craddoc is too heavy.
(b) Dallben tells Taran not to help Craddoc.
(c) Craddoc fights with Taran.
(d) Taran is injured.
10. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He dies with his mother.
(b) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
(c) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(d) He is stolen by a wizard.
11. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
(a) He does not like Dallben.
(b) He likes sheep.
(c) He does not think he can remember all the message.
(d) He fears to travel alone.
12. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) An injured young man.
(c) An old weaver.
(d) A spry little dwarf.
13. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
14. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
15. What does the farmer that got Craddoc's sheep put in the river behind his house?
(a) A large ferry.
(b) A large net.
(c) A floating bridge.
(d) A turning wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
2. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
3. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
4. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
5. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)