|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(b) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
(c) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
(d) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
2. What does the farmer that got Craddoc's sheep put in the river behind his house?
(a) A large ferry.
(b) A turning wheel.
(c) A floating bridge.
(d) A large net.
3. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
(a) He feels it is beneath him, but likes it.
(b) He loves the peace and serenity of it.
(c) He admires the physical tenacity it requires.
(d) He does not like it.
4. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
5. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
(a) Make the city look vacant.
(b) Make their population look larger.
(c) Trade with the aggressors.
(d) Throw the aggressors a celebration.
6. What is the shepherd's most prized possession?
(a) His son.
(b) His sheep.
(c) His land.
(d) His enchanted sword.
7. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) He feels it is beneath him.
(b) He does not like his master.
(c) The work does not make him happy.
(d) He does not have a natural talent for it.
8. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
(a) He loves her too much to let her lower her standards.
(b) He no longer loves her as he has found his home.
(c) He is of too low birth to ever marry her.
(d) He knows she would despise him after hearing he is a shepherd.
9. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A rucksack of food.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A sword.
10. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
(a) Talk down about the treasure.
(b) Lie to him about his destination.
(c) Tell him of all the danger they will meet.
(d) Sneak away in the night.
11. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Takes a rest.
(b) Brings out a knife.
(c) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(d) Calls in a second man to help him.
12. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
13. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
(a) Unconscious, but unharmed.
(b) Crying in shame.
(c) Glaring in fury.
(d) Bleeding on the ground.
14. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
(a) It is too hard for him.
(b) He cannot make things as beautiful as his master.
(c) He hates getting so dirty.
(d) He feels this has no value to men.
15. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
(a) To send all of his things to Craddoc's house.
(b) How much land Craddoc owns.
(c) The story of Craddoc.
(d) Whether or not his mother is still alive somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran work to make at his second job with the Free Commots.
2. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
3. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
4. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
5. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)