|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
2. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
(a) Tell him of all the danger they will meet.
(b) Talk down about the treasure.
(c) Sneak away in the night.
(d) Lie to him about his destination.
3. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) He feels it is beneath him.
(b) The work does not make him happy.
(c) He does not like his master.
(d) He does not have a natural talent for it.
4. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
(a) Give him safe passage across the river.
(b) Power the mill that grinds his wheat.
(c) Provide a traveling bridge.
(d) Catch things floating down the river.
5. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
(a) Craddoc fights with Taran.
(b) Dallben tells Taran not to help Craddoc.
(c) Taran is injured.
(d) Craddoc is too heavy.
6. What is the shepherd's most prized possession?
(a) His land.
(b) His enchanted sword.
(c) His sheep.
(d) His son.
7. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
(a) To Cair Dallben.
(b) To a small farmer with many children.
(c) To a livestock market.
(d) To the Free Commots.
8. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(a) Dallben is coming.
(b) Creekdock is dead.
(c) Taran is being honored as a hero.
(d) Craddoc is not his father.
9. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Brings out a knife.
(b) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(c) Calls in a second man to help him.
(d) Takes a rest.
10. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
(a) Dorath will most likely kill him with it.
(b) It is a huge disgrace to travel unprotected.
(c) He has no other weapons.
(d) It was a gift from Dallben.
11. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(b) He wants half the money.
(c) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(d) He can sense Taran's goodness.
12. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(b) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(c) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
(d) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
13. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
(a) To see her sone get away from their land.
(b) To see a bit of real magic.
(c) To be wealthy.
(d) To know that her husband would never re-marry.
14. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
(a) Close his eyes and work without thinking.
(b) Take a few days off.
(c) Do a delivery.
15. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
(a) A share of the treasure.
(b) Payment for the food he ate.
(c) News of his homeland.
(d) A written promise of fidelity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
2. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
3. What work of his master in the third of the Free Commots has Taran seen before?
4. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
5. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)