|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
(a) The 3 witches.
(b) Lord Goryon.
(c) Lord Gast.
2. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
(a) Throw the aggressors a celebration.
(b) Trade with the aggressors.
(c) Make their population look larger.
(d) Make the city look vacant.
3. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
(a) His sword.
(b) The battle horn.
(c) The polished bone.
(d) An enchanted ring.
4. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
(a) Bleeding on the ground.
(b) Glaring in fury.
(c) Unconscious, but unharmed.
(d) Crying in shame.
5. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Commot Merclin.
(b) Commot Merin.
(c) Merlin's Commot.
(d) Merry's Commot.
6. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
7. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
(a) He wastes the one call on the battle horn.
(b) He never hears the whole true story.
(c) He loses his father.
(d) He wants an explanation for the lie.
8. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
(a) He lied.
(b) He pleads with Taran to care for the sheep.
(c) He loves Taran.
(d) Crawdack is really a run-away prince.
9. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
10. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
(a) He is of too low birth to ever marry her.
(b) He no longer loves her as he has found his home.
(c) He knows she would despise him after hearing he is a shepherd.
(d) He loves her too much to let her lower her standards.
11. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) He feels it is beneath him.
(b) He does not have a natural talent for it.
(c) He does not like his master.
(d) The work does not make him happy.
12. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) King Smoit.
(b) The farmer.
(d) A crippleled man.
13. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
(b) Fflewdar Fflam.
14. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Brings out a knife.
(b) Calls in a second man to help him.
(c) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(d) Takes a rest.
15. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) A sword.
(b) Some new clothing.
(c) A gift for his princess.
(d) A wheat grinder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorath's occupation?
2. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
3. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
4. What do Dorath and his men do when Taran asks them for some food?
5. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)