|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
(a) Catch and kill Dorath.
(b) Deliver Annlaw's pottery.
(c) Defeat the outlaws.
(d) Make his story heard.
2. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
(a) Another polished bone.
(b) Some oddly shaped stones.
(c) A bag of wheat.
(d) A horse bridle.
3. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
4. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A sword.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A rucksack of food.
5. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(b) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(c) He wants half the money.
(d) He can sense Taran's goodness.
6. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
(a) Dallben tells Taran not to help Craddoc.
(b) Craddoc fights with Taran.
(c) Taran is injured.
(d) Craddoc is too heavy.
7. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Brings out a knife.
(b) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(c) Calls in a second man to help him.
(d) Takes a rest.
8. Where does Taran stay for the winter?
(a) King Smoit's palace.
(b) Cair Dallben.
(c) Craddoc's land.
(d) With the Free Commots.
9. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) To his own land.
(b) To the Free Commots.
(c) With Taran on his journey.
(d) To Cair Dallben.
10. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
(a) Lord Gast.
(b) The 3 witches.
(c) Lord Goryon.
11. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
12. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
(a) A traveller.
(c) The Fair Folk.
(d) King Smoit.
13. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He loves the peace and serenity of it.
(c) He feels it is beneath him, but likes it.
(d) He admires the physical tenacity it requires.
14. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
(a) To see a bit of real magic.
(b) To see her sone get away from their land.
(c) To be wealthy.
(d) To know that her husband would never re-marry.
15. What is Dorath's occupation?
(b) Sword for hire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
2. What is the shepherd's most prized possession?
3. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
4. What does the farmer that got Craddoc's sheep put in the river behind his house?
5. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)