|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
(a) A traveller.
(c) King Smoit.
(d) The Fair Folk.
2. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) The work does not make him happy.
(b) He does not have a natural talent for it.
(c) He feels it is beneath him.
(d) He does not like his master.
3. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
4. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He wants half the money.
(b) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(c) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(d) He has compassion on Taran's story.
5. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
(a) It is too hard for him.
(b) He feels this has no value to men.
(c) He cannot make things as beautiful as his master.
(d) He hates getting so dirty.
6. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
7. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(b) A lamb.
(c) A sword.
(d) A rucksack of food.
8. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Takes a rest.
(b) Brings out a knife.
(c) Calls in a second man to help him.
(d) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
9. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
(a) He fears to travel alone.
(b) He does not like Dallben.
(c) He does not think he can remember all the message.
(d) He likes sheep.
10. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
(a) He sings a chant that Doli taught him.
(b) He summons Dallben to him with his ring.
(c) He sends Gurgi to fetch Dallben.
(d) The battle horn.
11. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
(a) He never hears the whole true story.
(b) He wastes the one call on the battle horn.
(c) He wants an explanation for the lie.
(d) He loses his father.
12. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
(a) Whether or not his mother is still alive somewhere.
(b) To send all of his things to Craddoc's house.
(c) The story of Craddoc.
(d) How much land Craddoc owns.
13. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
(a) A promisory note.
(b) A sword fight.
(c) A letter of good will to King Smoit.
(d) The enchanted ring.
14. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
(a) Sneak away in the night.
(b) Lie to him about his destination.
(c) Tell him of all the danger they will meet.
(d) Talk down about the treasure.
15. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
(b) Fflewdar Fflam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
2. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
3. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
4. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
5. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)