|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) The work does not make him happy.
(b) He does not have a natural talent for it.
(c) He feels it is beneath him.
(d) He does not like his master.
2. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A rucksack of food.
(c) A sword.
3. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
4. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He dies with his mother.
(b) He is stolen by a wizard.
(c) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
(d) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
5. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
(a) Provide a traveling bridge.
(b) Catch things floating down the river.
(c) Give him safe passage across the river.
(d) Power the mill that grinds his wheat.
6. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
(a) It was a gift from Dallben.
(b) Dorath will most likely kill him with it.
(c) It is a huge disgrace to travel unprotected.
(d) He has no other weapons.
7. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
8. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He wants half the money.
(b) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(c) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(d) He can sense Taran's goodness.
9. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Calls in a second man to help him.
(b) Brings out a knife.
(c) Takes a rest.
(d) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
10. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
(a) Make their population look larger.
(b) Throw the aggressors a celebration.
(c) Trade with the aggressors.
(d) Make the city look vacant.
11. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(b) Fflewdar Fflam.
12. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
(a) He hates getting so dirty.
(b) It is too hard for him.
(c) He cannot make things as beautiful as his master.
(d) He feels this has no value to men.
13. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
(a) The enchanted ring.
(b) A sword fight.
(c) A letter of good will to King Smoit.
(d) A promisory note.
14. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
(a) To be wealthy.
(b) To know that her husband would never re-marry.
(c) To see a bit of real magic.
(d) To see her sone get away from their land.
15. What do Dorath and his men do when Taran asks them for some food?
(a) Welcomes them and feeds them.
(b) Completely ignores Taran.
(c) Lets Taran scrape the left-overs when the men are done eating.
(d) Makes Taran promise payment for the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
2. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
3. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
4. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
5. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)