|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
(a) He cannot make things as beautiful as his master.
(b) He feels this has no value to men.
(c) It is too hard for him.
(d) He hates getting so dirty.
2. What is the shepherd's most prized possession?
(a) His sheep.
(b) His son.
(c) His enchanted sword.
(d) His land.
3. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Merry's Commot.
(b) Merlin's Commot.
(c) Commot Merin.
(d) Commot Merclin.
4. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
(b) The 3 witches.
(c) Lord Gast.
(d) Lord Goryon.
5. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
(a) Craddoc is injured.
(b) Dallben is coming.
(c) The princess has written to him.
(d) Craddoc is not his father.
6. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(a) Dallben is coming.
(b) Craddoc is not his father.
(c) Taran is being honored as a hero.
(d) Creekdock is dead.
7. What do Dorath and his men do when Taran asks them for some food?
(a) Makes Taran promise payment for the food.
(b) Welcomes them and feeds them.
(c) Completely ignores Taran.
(d) Lets Taran scrape the left-overs when the men are done eating.
8. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) They are starving.
(b) They are the happiest people he has ever seen.
(c) They need a new leader.
(d) The city is preparing for attack.
9. What work of his master in the third of the Free Commots has Taran seen before?
(a) Dallben's sword.
(b) Lord Gast's wine bowl.
(c) Pricess Eilonwy's gown.
(d) King Smoit's tapestry.
10. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
11. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
(a) A bag of wheat.
(b) Another polished bone.
(c) A horse bridle.
(d) Some oddly shaped stones.
12. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
(b) Do a delivery.
(c) Close his eyes and work without thinking.
(d) Take a few days off.
13. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
(a) Whether or not his mother is still alive somewhere.
(b) To send all of his things to Craddoc's house.
(c) How much land Craddoc owns.
(d) The story of Craddoc.
14. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
(a) It is a huge disgrace to travel unprotected.
(b) It was a gift from Dallben.
(c) He has no other weapons.
(d) Dorath will most likely kill him with it.
15. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
2. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
3. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
4. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
5. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)