|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
2. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
(a) He does not like Dallben.
(b) He likes sheep.
(c) He fears to travel alone.
(d) He does not think he can remember all the message.
3. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
(b) King Smoit.
(c) A traveller.
(d) The Fair Folk.
4. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
(a) To the Free Commots.
(b) To a small farmer with many children.
(c) To Cair Dallben.
(d) To a livestock market.
5. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
(a) He knows she would despise him after hearing he is a shepherd.
(b) He loves her too much to let her lower her standards.
(c) He no longer loves her as he has found his home.
(d) He is of too low birth to ever marry her.
6. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
7. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
(a) Craddoc is too heavy.
(b) Craddoc fights with Taran.
(c) Taran is injured.
(d) Dallben tells Taran not to help Craddoc.
8. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
9. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
(a) Do a delivery.
(b) Close his eyes and work without thinking.
(c) Take a few days off.
10. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
(a) A sword fight.
(b) A promisory note.
(c) A letter of good will to King Smoit.
(d) The enchanted ring.
11. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
(a) A share of the treasure.
(b) A written promise of fidelity.
(c) News of his homeland.
(d) Payment for the food he ate.
12. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
13. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
14. How did the crippled man's wife die?
(a) Giving birth.
(b) Bandits attacked.
(c) An illness.
(d) She fell from a cliff in the fog.
15. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) King Smoit.
(b) The farmer.
(d) A crippleled man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
2. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
3. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
4. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
5. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)