|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
2. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
(a) A system of catching and cleaning fish.
(b) A new wheat grinder.
(c) A front porch.
(d) A table.
3. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
(a) The Fair Folk.
(b) King Smoit.
(c) A traveller.
4. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
(a) Lord Goryon.
(b) Lord Gast.
(d) The 3 witches.
5. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
(a) To be wealthy.
(b) To know that her husband would never re-marry.
(c) To see a bit of real magic.
(d) To see her sone get away from their land.
6. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
7. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
8. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) To his own land.
(b) To the Free Commots.
(c) To Cair Dallben.
(d) With Taran on his journey.
9. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) They are the happiest people he has ever seen.
(b) The city is preparing for attack.
(c) They are starving.
(d) They need a new leader.
10. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
(a) Trade with the aggressors.
(b) Make the city look vacant.
(c) Throw the aggressors a celebration.
(d) Make their population look larger.
11. What is the shepherd's most prized possession?
(a) His son.
(b) His enchanted sword.
(c) His land.
(d) His sheep.
12. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Brings out a knife.
(b) Calls in a second man to help him.
(c) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(d) Takes a rest.
13. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
(a) Promises that he has no fear of danger.
(b) Makes Taran look him in the eye to avoid lying.
(c) Meets Taran at the horses as he tries to sneak away.
(d) Steals Taran's map to see the truth.
14. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
(a) Crawdack is really a run-away prince.
(b) He lied.
(c) He loves Taran.
(d) He pleads with Taran to care for the sheep.
15. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) He does not like his master.
(b) The work does not make him happy.
(c) He feels it is beneath him.
(d) He does not have a natural talent for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
2. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
3. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
4. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
5. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)