|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
(a) A letter of good will to King Smoit.
(b) A promisory note.
(c) A sword fight.
(d) The enchanted ring.
2. What is Dorath's occupation?
(c) Sword for hire.
3. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Brings out a knife.
(b) Calls in a second man to help him.
(c) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(d) Takes a rest.
4. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It is admired and sold.
(b) It shatters.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) It cuts him.
5. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
6. How did the crippled man's wife die?
(a) An illness.
(b) She fell from a cliff in the fog.
(c) Giving birth.
(d) Bandits attacked.
7. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(b) King Smoit.
(c) The farmer.
(d) A crippleled man.
8. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
(a) A front porch.
(b) A table.
(c) A system of catching and cleaning fish.
(d) A new wheat grinder.
9. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
(a) Crying in shame.
(b) Glaring in fury.
(c) Bleeding on the ground.
(d) Unconscious, but unharmed.
10. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
(a) To a small farmer with many children.
(b) To a livestock market.
(c) To Cair Dallben.
(d) To the Free Commots.
11. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
12. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Commot Merin.
(b) Commot Merclin.
(c) Merlin's Commot.
(d) Merry's Commot.
13. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He wants half the money.
(b) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(c) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(d) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
14. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) Some new clothing.
(b) A gift for his princess.
(c) A sword.
(d) A wheat grinder.
15. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
(a) Provide a traveling bridge.
(b) Catch things floating down the river.
(c) Give him safe passage across the river.
(d) Power the mill that grinds his wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dorath and his men do when Taran asks them for some food?
2. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
3. Where does Taran stay for the winter?
4. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
5. What happens to the shepherd's son?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)