|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
(a) The polished bone.
(b) His sword.
(c) The battle horn.
(d) An enchanted ring.
2. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
3. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
(a) He loves her too much to let her lower her standards.
(b) He knows she would despise him after hearing he is a shepherd.
(c) He is of too low birth to ever marry her.
(d) He no longer loves her as he has found his home.
4. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
(a) Do a delivery.
(b) Take a few days off.
(c) Close his eyes and work without thinking.
5. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Merry's Commot.
(b) Commot Merclin.
(c) Commot Merin.
(d) Merlin's Commot.
6. What is the shepherd's most prized possession?
(a) His sheep.
(b) His son.
(c) His enchanted sword.
(d) His land.
7. What do Dorath and his men do when Taran asks them for some food?
(a) Makes Taran promise payment for the food.
(b) Lets Taran scrape the left-overs when the men are done eating.
(c) Completely ignores Taran.
(d) Welcomes them and feeds them.
8. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(b) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
(c) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(d) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
9. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
(a) Lie to him about his destination.
(b) Sneak away in the night.
(c) Talk down about the treasure.
(d) Tell him of all the danger they will meet.
10. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
(a) Trade with the aggressors.
(b) Make their population look larger.
(c) Throw the aggressors a celebration.
(d) Make the city look vacant.
11. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
(b) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(c) He dies with his mother.
(d) He is stolen by a wizard.
12. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
(a) He sends Gurgi to fetch Dallben.
(b) The battle horn.
(c) He sings a chant that Doli taught him.
(d) He summons Dallben to him with his ring.
13. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(b) He wants half the money.
(c) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(d) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
14. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
15. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
(a) To Cair Dallben.
(b) To the Free Commots.
(c) To a livestock market.
(d) To a small farmer with many children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
2. What is Dorath's occupation?
3. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
4. How did the crippled man's wife die?
5. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)