|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It shatters.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It cuts him.
(d) It is admired and sold.
2. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) The work does not make him happy.
(b) He does not like his master.
(c) He does not have a natural talent for it.
(d) He feels it is beneath him.
3. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
4. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
(a) Bleeding on the ground.
(b) Crying in shame.
(c) Glaring in fury.
(d) Unconscious, but unharmed.
5. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
(a) Some oddly shaped stones.
(b) A bag of wheat.
(c) A horse bridle.
(d) Another polished bone.
6. What does the shepherd realize at the end of the summer?
(a) He is dying.
(b) Taran hates his life there.
(c) Taran is not his son.
(d) Taran was meant for more in life than this farm.
7. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A spry little dwarf.
(c) An old weaver.
(d) An injured young man.
8. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
(a) Make their population look larger.
(b) Trade with the aggressors.
(c) Make the city look vacant.
(d) Throw the aggressors a celebration.
9. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) Some new clothing.
(b) A wheat grinder.
(c) A sword.
(d) A gift for his princess.
10. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) They need a new leader.
(b) The city is preparing for attack.
(c) They are starving.
(d) They are the happiest people he has ever seen.
11. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
12. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
13. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
(a) His sword.
(b) The polished bone.
(c) An enchanted ring.
(d) The battle horn.
14. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
(a) He admires the physical tenacity it requires.
(b) He feels it is beneath him, but likes it.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He loves the peace and serenity of it.
15. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A sword.
(b) A rucksack of food.
(c) A lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
2. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
3. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
4. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
5. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)