|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
2. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
3. What is Dorath's occupation?
(c) Sword for hire.
4. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
5. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
(a) Talk down about the treasure.
(b) Tell him of all the danger they will meet.
(c) Lie to him about his destination.
(d) Sneak away in the night.
6. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
(a) A promisory note.
(b) A letter of good will to King Smoit.
(c) The enchanted ring.
(d) A sword fight.
7. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A crippleled man.
(b) King Smoit.
(d) The farmer.
8. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
(a) Glaring in fury.
(b) Unconscious, but unharmed.
(c) Bleeding on the ground.
(d) Crying in shame.
9. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Merlin's Commot.
(b) Commot Merin.
(c) Commot Merclin.
(d) Merry's Commot.
10. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) Some new clothing.
(b) A wheat grinder.
(c) A gift for his princess.
(d) A sword.
11. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
(a) Trade with the aggressors.
(b) Make the city look vacant.
(c) Throw the aggressors a celebration.
(d) Make their population look larger.
12. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
13. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
(a) He loves the peace and serenity of it.
(b) He admires the physical tenacity it requires.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He feels it is beneath him, but likes it.
14. What does the shepherd realize at the end of the summer?
(a) Taran is not his son.
(b) Taran hates his life there.
(c) He is dying.
(d) Taran was meant for more in life than this farm.
15. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Calls in a second man to help him.
(b) Brings out a knife.
(c) Takes a rest.
(d) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
2. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
3. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
4. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
5. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)