|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
2. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(b) A sword.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A rucksack of food.
3. What does Taran work to make at his second job with the Free Commots.
(a) A sword.
(b) A gift for the princess.
(c) A wheat grinder.
(d) Some new clothing.
4. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
(a) He summons Dallben to him with his ring.
(b) He sings a chant that Doli taught him.
(c) The battle horn.
(d) He sends Gurgi to fetch Dallben.
5. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(b) Brings out a knife.
(c) Takes a rest.
(d) Calls in a second man to help him.
6. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
7. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
(a) Whether or not his mother is still alive somewhere.
(b) To send all of his things to Craddoc's house.
(c) How much land Craddoc owns.
(d) The story of Craddoc.
8. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
(a) He never hears the whole true story.
(b) He wants an explanation for the lie.
(c) He loses his father.
(d) He wastes the one call on the battle horn.
9. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
10. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
(a) Dallben is coming.
(b) Craddoc is not his father.
(c) The princess has written to him.
(d) Craddoc is injured.
11. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Merry's Commot.
(b) Merlin's Commot.
(c) Commot Merclin.
(d) Commot Merin.
12. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) A gift for his princess.
(b) Some new clothing.
(c) A wheat grinder.
(d) A sword.
13. What is Dorath's occupation?
(c) Sword for hire.
14. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
(a) The enchanted ring.
(b) A promisory note.
(c) A letter of good will to King Smoit.
(d) A sword fight.
15. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
(a) A new wheat grinder.
(b) A front porch.
(c) A system of catching and cleaning fish.
(d) A table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
2. What does the shepherd realize at the end of the summer?
3. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
4. Where does Taran stay for the winter?
5. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)