|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
(a) Craddoc fights with Taran.
(b) Dallben tells Taran not to help Craddoc.
(c) Craddoc is too heavy.
(d) Taran is injured.
2. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He is stolen by a wizard.
(b) He dies with his mother.
(c) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(d) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
3. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
4. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
(a) To a small farmer with many children.
(b) To the Free Commots.
(c) To a livestock market.
(d) To Cair Dallben.
5. What does Taran find when he reaches the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) The city is preparing for attack.
(b) They need a new leader.
(c) They are starving.
(d) They are the happiest people he has ever seen.
6. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
(a) A traveller.
(b) The Fair Folk.
(d) King Smoit.
7. Who does Taran find at his side when he wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
8. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
(a) To be wealthy.
(b) To see a bit of real magic.
(c) To see her sone get away from their land.
(d) To know that her husband would never re-marry.
9. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A crippleled man.
(c) The farmer.
(d) King Smoit.
10. What does Taran suggest to the fourth of the Free Commots to trick their aggressors?
(a) Throw the aggressors a celebration.
(b) Make the city look vacant.
(c) Trade with the aggressors.
(d) Make their population look larger.
11. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(b) Takes a rest.
(c) Calls in a second man to help him.
(d) Brings out a knife.
12. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(b) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(c) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
(d) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
13. What does the farmer that got Craddoc's sheep put in the river behind his house?
(a) A floating bridge.
(b) A large net.
(c) A large ferry.
(d) A turning wheel.
14. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
(a) Bleeding on the ground.
(b) Crying in shame.
(c) Glaring in fury.
(d) Unconscious, but unharmed.
15. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) With Taran on his journey.
(b) To Cair Dallben.
(c) To his own land.
(d) To the Free Commots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
2. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
3. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
4. What job does Taran take in the third of the Free Commots?
5. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)