|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It cuts him.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It shatters.
(d) It is admired and sold.
2. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
(a) He admires the physical tenacity it requires.
(b) He loves the peace and serenity of it.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He feels it is beneath him, but likes it.
3. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
(a) A gift for his princess.
(b) A wheat grinder.
(c) A sword.
(d) Some new clothing.
4. Where does Taran stay for the winter?
(a) Craddoc's land.
(b) With the Free Commots.
(c) Cair Dallben.
(d) King Smoit's palace.
5. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) The work does not make him happy.
(b) He feels it is beneath him.
(c) He does not like his master.
(d) He does not have a natural talent for it.
6. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Commot Merin.
(b) Merlin's Commot.
(c) Merry's Commot.
(d) Commot Merclin.
7. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
(a) To know that her husband would never re-marry.
(b) To see a bit of real magic.
(c) To be wealthy.
(d) To see her sone get away from their land.
8. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
(a) Crying in shame.
(b) Bleeding on the ground.
(c) Glaring in fury.
(d) Unconscious, but unharmed.
9. What do Dorath and his men do when Taran asks them for some food?
(a) Makes Taran promise payment for the food.
(b) Welcomes them and feeds them.
(c) Lets Taran scrape the left-overs when the men are done eating.
(d) Completely ignores Taran.
10. Who is the fourth of the Free Commots in danger of?
(a) Lord Gast.
(b) Lord Goryon.
(c) The 3 witches.
11. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
(a) Make his story heard.
(b) Catch and kill Dorath.
(c) Deliver Annlaw's pottery.
(d) Defeat the outlaws.
12. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
13. What is Dorath's occupation?
(a) Sword for hire.
14. What does the farmer with Craddoc's sheep credit most of his success to?
15. What do Taran and the farmer with the large family find in a field one day?
(a) Some oddly shaped stones.
(b) Another polished bone.
(c) A horse bridle.
(d) A bag of wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
2. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
3. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
4. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
5. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)