|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
(a) Catch things floating down the river.
(b) Power the mill that grinds his wheat.
(c) Provide a traveling bridge.
(d) Give him safe passage across the river.
2. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
3. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
(a) Catch and kill Dorath.
(b) Make his story heard.
(c) Deliver Annlaw's pottery.
(d) Defeat the outlaws.
4. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
(a) He does not like Dallben.
(b) He likes sheep.
(c) He does not think he can remember all the message.
(d) He fears to travel alone.
5. What is so frustrating to Taran about the job he takes in the third of the Free Commots.
(a) He feels this has no value to men.
(b) It is too hard for him.
(c) He hates getting so dirty.
(d) He cannot make things as beautiful as his master.
6. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
(a) The Fair Folk.
(c) King Smoit.
(d) A traveller.
7. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) A spry little dwarf.
(b) An injured young man.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) An old weaver.
8. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
(a) A share of the treasure.
(b) News of his homeland.
(c) Payment for the food he ate.
(d) A written promise of fidelity.
9. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Commot Merclin.
(b) Commot Merin.
(c) Merlin's Commot.
(d) Merry's Commot.
10. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
(a) The battle horn.
(b) An enchanted ring.
(c) His sword.
(d) The polished bone.
11. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
(a) How much land Craddoc owns.
(b) Whether or not his mother is still alive somewhere.
(c) To send all of his things to Craddoc's house.
(d) The story of Craddoc.
12. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
(a) Craddoc fights with Taran.
(b) Craddoc is too heavy.
(c) Dallben tells Taran not to help Craddoc.
(d) Taran is injured.
13. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
14. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
(a) To know that her husband would never re-marry.
(b) To see a bit of real magic.
(c) To see her sone get away from their land.
(d) To be wealthy.
15. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A rucksack of food.
(c) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Taran take when he reaches the first of the Free Commots?
2. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
3. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
4. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
5. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)