|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taran befriend in the fourth of the Free Commots?
(a) An old weaver.
(b) An injured young man.
(c) A spry little dwarf.
(d) A beautiful woman.
2. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
(a) He likes sheep.
(b) He does not think he can remember all the message.
(c) He does not like Dallben.
(d) He fears to travel alone.
3. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(b) King Smoit.
(c) A crippleled man.
(d) The farmer.
4. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
(a) Defeat the outlaws.
(b) Catch and kill Dorath.
(c) Deliver Annlaw's pottery.
(d) Make his story heard.
5. What is Dorath's occupation?
(d) Sword for hire.
6. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) To Cair Dallben.
(b) To his own land.
(c) With Taran on his journey.
(d) To the Free Commots.
7. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
(a) Craddoc is too heavy.
(b) Dallben tells Taran not to help Craddoc.
(c) Craddoc fights with Taran.
(d) Taran is injured.
8. Why does Dorath offer to help Taran complete his quest?
(a) He has compassion on Taran's story.
(b) He can sense Taran's goodness.
(c) He think Taran will give him good cover for his next job.
(d) He wants half the money.
9. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
(a) He never hears the whole true story.
(b) He loses his father.
(c) He wants an explanation for the lie.
(d) He wastes the one call on the battle horn.
10. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
11. What happens the first time Taran uses his new sword?
(a) It cuts him.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It shatters.
(d) It is admired and sold.
12. What does Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots have Taran do to clear his head?
(a) Do a delivery.
(c) Take a few days off.
(d) Close his eyes and work without thinking.
13. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
(a) Creekdock is dead.
(b) Dallben is coming.
(c) Craddoc is not his father.
(d) Taran is being honored as a hero.
14. What is the name of the farmer who gets Craddoc's sheep?
15. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
(a) It was a gift from Dallben.
(b) Dorath will most likely kill him with it.
(c) It is a huge disgrace to travel unprotected.
(d) He has no other weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shepherd realize at the end of the summer?
2. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
3. What is the name of Taran's master in the third of the Free Commots?
4. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
5. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)