|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gurgi opt to stay with Taran and the shepherd?
(a) He fears to travel alone.
(b) He does not think he can remember all the message.
(c) He likes sheep.
(d) He does not like Dallben.
2. Why does Taran never want to see the princess again after hearing the shepherd's story?
(a) He no longer loves her as he has found his home.
(b) He loves her too much to let her lower her standards.
(c) He is of too low birth to ever marry her.
(d) He knows she would despise him after hearing he is a shepherd.
3. What does Taran make for the farmer and his family before he leaves?
(a) A system of catching and cleaning fish.
(b) A table.
(c) A front porch.
(d) A new wheat grinder.
4. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) To his own land.
(b) To the Free Commots.
(c) With Taran on his journey.
(d) To Cair Dallben.
5. Which of the Free Commots does Taran think feels like home?
(a) Merlin's Commot.
(b) Commot Merin.
(c) Commot Merclin.
(d) Merry's Commot.
6. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
(a) News of his homeland.
(b) A share of the treasure.
(c) Payment for the food he ate.
(d) A written promise of fidelity.
7. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
(a) Makes Taran look him in the eye to avoid lying.
(b) Promises that he has no fear of danger.
(c) Steals Taran's map to see the truth.
(d) Meets Taran at the horses as he tries to sneak away.
8. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He dies with his mother.
(b) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(c) He is stolen by a wizard.
(d) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
9. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
(a) The battle horn.
(b) An enchanted ring.
(c) His sword.
(d) The polished bone.
10. What destroys the aggressors of the fourth of the Free Commots?
11. Who does Taran send to speak with Dallben while he stays with the shepherd?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
12. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A sword.
(b) A rucksack of food.
(d) A lamb.
13. What does the shepherd tell Taran just before he dies?
(a) He pleads with Taran to care for the sheep.
(b) He lied.
(c) He loves Taran.
(d) Crawdack is really a run-away prince.
14. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
15. What job does Taran take in the second of the Free Commots?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran hope to make while working in the Free Commots?
2. What was the one wish of the crippled man's wife before she died?
3. What is Taran unable to do in the fourth of the Free Commots that distresses him greatly?
4. In what condition does Dorath leave Taran after the fight between them?
5. What work of his master in the third of the Free Commots has Taran seen before?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)