|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His horse.
(c) His sword.
(d) His map.
2. Who rescues the King from the water?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
3. What is the name of the creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
4. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
(a) He decides to go back to his castle.
(b) He is shot with an arrow.
(c) He falls off his horse.
(d) He falls violently ill.
5. What is the first obstacle met on the way to the evil compound of the robber?
(a) A pit of fire.
(b) A raging moat.
(c) A large and vast field.
(d) A wall of thorns.
6. Where is the king headed at the end of chapter 4?
(a) The house of Dallben.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) His castle.
(d) The dispute.
7. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Breaks Morda's wand.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Releases the other prisoners.
(d) Stabs Morda with a sword.
8. What happens when Morda dies?
(a) His spells are all undone.
(b) His house begins to melt.
(c) He disappears.
(d) The necklace floats to Taran's hand.
9. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) The King owes Taran some money.
(b) Taran offers to pay him in service for the favor.
(c) The King trusts Taran's wisdom.
(d) Taran just saved the king's life.
10. What does Taran want from the people he visits first on his quest?
11. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) They give the cows to King Smoit.
(b) They pay double taxes for a year.
(c) They repair and replant the farmer's field.
(d) They go to the dungeon for a year.
12. What does the King want Taran to stay in his kingdom to be?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) His advisor.
(c) His heir.
(d) His companion.
13. Who rules the Free Commots?
(c) King Smoit.
(d) A wicked wizard.
14. Who does Taran want to talk to on his first stop on his quest?
(a) A bard.
(b) A dwarf king.
(c) The three witches.
(d) An elfish gossip.
15. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) The wall of thorns throws them in.
(b) They use the key found in the tree to open the door.
(c) They find a bridge across the moat.
(d) The robber opens the door and escorts them in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been stolen from the Fair Folk?
2. What startling fact does Taran realize about the creature Llylan found in the bushes?
3. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
4. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
5. Where does Kaw hide the item he stole from Fflewdar when he first sees him traveling?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)