|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) They repair and replant the farmer's field.
(b) They give the cows to King Smoit.
(c) They pay double taxes for a year.
(d) They go to the dungeon for a year.
2. What does Kaw take from Fllewdar Fflam when he first sees him traveling?
(a) His harp key.
(b) His harp.
(c) His hat.
(d) His rucksack.
3. How does Taran come to live where he does at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is stolen.
(b) He is given as a payment.
(c) He is left there by his parents.
(d) His parents live there.
4. What number book in the series is this book?
5. How does the man who helps Taran in Cantrevs lose his son?
(a) He is stolen as a baby.
(b) He dies in war.
(c) He dies in a battle with bandits.
(d) He is imprisoned for murder.
6. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) The King trusts Taran's wisdom.
(b) The King owes Taran some money.
(c) Taran offers to pay him in service for the favor.
(d) Taran just saved the king's life.
7. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Gives him another sword.
(b) Takes him to his home.
(c) Offers him one of his horses.
(d) Puts a spell on the bandits.
8. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
9. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
(a) Help in the fight.
(b) Break the polished bone.
(c) Say a prayer of thanks.
(d) Release the other prisoners.
10. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
11. Where is Morda's life force?
(a) In a shining jewel.
(b) In the necklace.
(c) In his wand.
(d) In the polished bone.
12. What startling fact does Taran realize about the creature Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) It is a magical eagle.
(b) It is Doli in an enchanted form.
(c) He dreams about this creature.
(d) It tries to tell them something.
13. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
(a) An elf.
(b) A prince.
(c) A bard.
(d) A dwarf.
14. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
15. What is Taran talking to Morda about just before he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Becoming a pig.
(b) How he plans to kill Morda.
(c) How much he loves his princess.
(d) Complete gibberish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
2. Who makes Taran's battle horn?
3. After leaving the king's palace, where does Taran make his next stop?
4. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
5. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)