|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
(b) Fflewdar Fflam.
2. How many Fair Folk have disappear in search of what is stolen from them?
3. What do Goryon and Gast end up going to battle over?
(a) A woman.
(b) Land boundaries.
(c) A herd of cows.
(d) Water rights.
4. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
(a) The Meadows of Flamnia.
(b) The Free Commots.
(c) The Fringe Lands.
(d) The Ranges.
5. What is Taran's occupation?
(a) Pig keeper.
6. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
7. How does Taran come to live where he does at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is stolen.
(b) His parents live there.
(c) He is left there by his parents.
(d) He is given as a payment.
8. Who makes Taran's battle horn?
(a) A great wizard.
(b) The dwarves.
(c) The Fair Folk.
(d) The bards.
9. What feast is provided for Taran when he enters the house that Fflewdar Fflam is staying at?
(c) Vegetable Stew.
10. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
(a) An elf.
(b) A bard.
(c) A prince.
(d) A dwarf.
11. Who retrieves the item that Kaw stole from Fflewdar?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
12. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
(a) Turn people into animals.
(b) Travel anywhere he wishes without a sound.
(c) Read people's minds.
(d) Live forever.
13. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
(a) King Stout.
(b) King Smoit.
(c) King Snout.
(d) King Snivle.
14. What do the people Taran visits first on his quest want in return?
(b) Something of value.
15. What is the first obstacle met on the way to the evil compound of the robber?
(a) A pit of fire.
(b) A wall of thorns.
(c) A raging moat.
(d) A large and vast field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the robber turn Gurgi into after speaking with Taran in the evil compound?
2. What does Taran want from the people he visits first on his quest?
3. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
4. Who does Taran want to talk to on his first stop on his quest?
5. Where does Taran get his battle horn?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)