|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the party find as they take the injured King to a safe place?
(a) The missing cows.
(b) A group of bandits.
(c) Goryon and Gast.
(d) Taran's missing horse.
2. What is so special about the mirror Taran is sent to find?
(a) It can see all of a person.
(b) It has not been seen in years.
(c) It reads minds.
(d) It is enchanted.
3. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He still needs to find his parents.
(b) He worries the bandits will come back.
(c) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
(d) He does not trust the man.
4. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
5. What is the name of the man who has Taran's horse after it is stolen?
(a) Count Gast.
(b) Gronol the Dwarf.
(c) Grizzle the Wizard.
(d) Lord Goryon.
6. What does Taran do with the gift brought to him by Kaw as he is being led by the enchanted frog?
(a) He pretends to eat them, then throws them away.
(b) He keeps it.
(c) He faints.
(d) He cries in gratitude.
7. What is the man who has Taran's horse having trouble with when Taran sees him?
(a) Getting the horse to obey.
(b) Riding the horse.
(c) Taking the saddle off.
(d) Feeding the horse.
8. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) The prize cows.
(b) The bulls.
(c) The old and injured cows.
(d) One half of the calves.
9. Where is the king headed at the end of chapter 4?
(a) His castle.
(b) The dispute.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) The house of Dallben.
10. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) The robber opens the door and escorts them in.
(b) The wall of thorns throws them in.
(c) They use the key found in the tree to open the door.
(d) They find a bridge across the moat.
11. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
(a) Swim the moat.
(b) Run through the fire.
(c) Climb over the wall.
(d) Use an invisibility cloak to cross the field.
12. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace?
(a) Keeps it with him, planning to give it to his princess.
(b) Gives it to Doli to give to the Fair Folk.
(c) Buries it with Morda.
(d) Places it on his own necklace.
13. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
(a) A map.
(b) Some nuts and berries.
(c) The polished bone.
(d) A phial of light.
14. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
(a) Travel anywhere he wishes without a sound.
(b) Turn people into animals.
(c) Live forever.
(d) Read people's minds.
15. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) They go to the dungeon for a year.
(b) They pay double taxes for a year.
(c) They give the cows to King Smoit.
(d) They repair and replant the farmer's field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Taran's occupation?
2. What is the first obstacle met on the way to the evil compound of the robber?
3. What is the occupation of the man in Cantrevs who loses his son?
4. What causes the enchanted frog to be ill?
5. Where does Taran get his battle horn?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)