|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who owns the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam?
2. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
(a) In Dallben's house.
(b) In a book.
(c) In a dream.
(d) On his princess.
3. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
(a) He is angry about his power being taken.
(b) He is hesitant to try it.
(c) He feels it is not harsh enough.
(d) He loves the idea.
4. Who goes with Taran on his mission?
5. Where does the robber get what was hanging around his neck that Taran recognizes?
(a) He found it in a box in a tree.
(b) As a gift from his mother.
(c) From Eilonwy's mother.
(d) From the guild of wizards.
6. What is Taran talking to Morda about just before he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) How much he loves his princess.
(b) Becoming a pig.
(c) How he plans to kill Morda.
(d) Complete gibberish.
7. What happens to the person who used to own the item hanging from the robber's neck?
(a) She is thrown into prison.
(b) She becomes a queen.
(c) She dies.
(d) She tranforms herself.
8. What is the name of Taran's horse?
9. How does Taran come to live where he does at the beginning of the book?
(a) His parents live there.
(b) He is given as a payment.
(c) He is left there by his parents.
(d) He is stolen.
10. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
(a) Shows them his insignia.
(b) Rides it.
(c) Produces papers proving his ownership.
(d) Feeds him.
11. What does Taran see around the robber's neck when he awakes in the evil compound?
(a) A phial.
(b) A chain.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A knife.
12. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
13. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
(a) Read people's minds.
(b) Live forever.
(c) Travel anywhere he wishes without a sound.
(d) Turn people into animals.
14. What is the owner of the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam most proud of himself for?
(d) Battle Prowess.
15. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What number book in the series is this book?
2. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
3. How many Fair Folk have disappear in search of what is stolen from them?
4. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace?
5. How does the man who helps Taran in Cantrevs lose his son?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)