|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) The bulls.
(b) The old and injured cows.
(c) One half of the calves.
(d) The prize cows.
2. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
(a) The Lillydawn Lake.
(b) The Larstredian Caves.
(c) The Lewellan Meadows.
(d) The Llawgadarn Mountains.
3. What does Taran ask of the first king he meets on his quest?
(a) If they can rest at his castle for the night.
(b) If he can use to library.
(c) If he can borrow some money.
(d) If he knows who his parents are.
4. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
(a) A prince.
(b) An elf.
(c) A bard.
(d) A dwarf.
5. What number book in the series is this book?
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
7. Where does the robber get what was hanging around his neck that Taran recognizes?
(a) From the guild of wizards.
(b) From Eilonwy's mother.
(c) He found it in a box in a tree.
(d) As a gift from his mother.
8. Who rescues the King from the water?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
9. Who breaks the polished bone?
(b) Fflewdar Fflam.
10. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
11. What kind of person is the man who stole from the Fair Folk?
12. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
(b) He does not trust the man.
(c) He still needs to find his parents.
(d) He worries the bandits will come back.
13. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
(a) King Snivle.
(b) King Smoit.
(c) King Snout.
(d) King Stout.
14. What do the people Taran visits first on his quest want in return?
(c) Something of value.
15. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
2. Why does Morda put his life force in an object?
3. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
4. What is the name of the man who owns the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam?
5. What kind of creature is Kaw?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)