|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Taran talking to Morda about just before he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) How he plans to kill Morda.
(b) How much he loves his princess.
(c) Complete gibberish.
(d) Becoming a pig.
2. What number book in the series is this book?
3. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
(a) Shows them his insignia.
(b) Feeds him.
(c) Produces papers proving his ownership.
(d) Rides it.
4. What does Taran ask his master for permission to do at the beginning of this book?
(a) Find his birth parents.
(b) Fight in the war.
(c) Marry his love.
(d) Prove his noble birth.
5. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
(a) In a hollow tree.
(b) Use an invisibility cloak.
(c) Stooping behind a large boulder.
(d) Use camouflaged clothing.
6. After leaving the king's palace, where does Taran make his next stop?
(a) Hill Cantrevs.
(b) The Cantrevs Caves.
(c) The Cantrevs Plains.
(d) Valley Catrevs.
7. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
(a) Help in the fight.
(b) Say a prayer of thanks.
(c) Break the polished bone.
(d) Release the other prisoners.
8. What does Kaw take from Fllewdar Fflam when he first sees him traveling?
(a) His harp key.
(b) His rucksack.
(c) His harp.
(d) His hat.
9. How does Taran avoid what Morda tries to do to him in the compound?
(a) Does not give Morda direct contact.
(b) Thinks of other things besides his goal.
(c) Asks if he can choose which animal he becomes.
(d) Pretends to be in a haze when he is really still lucid.
10. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
(a) His bad temper.
(b) His part in the dispute.
(c) His lack of belief in justice.
(d) His lack of generosity.
11. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
12. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
(a) King Smoit.
(b) King Stout.
(c) King Snout.
(d) King Snivle.
13. What does the robber turn Gurgi into after speaking with Taran in the evil compound?
(a) A squirrell.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A raccoon.
14. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) An elf.
(c) A bard.
(d) A prince.
15. How does the man with Taran's horse feel about letting Taran keep his horse?
(a) He wants Taran to teach him to ride as well.
(b) He is jealous and vows to get it back.
(c) He offers to pay Taran for the inconvenience.
(d) He is glad to be rid of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran ask of the first king he meets on his quest?
2. What kind of creature is Llylan?
3. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
4. What does Fflewdar tell Taran to do with what was found by the item hid by Kaw?
5. What does Taran refuse to do as he starts to leave Morda's compound?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)