|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Gives him another sword.
(b) Takes him to his home.
(c) Puts a spell on the bandits.
(d) Offers him one of his horses.
2. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
3. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
(a) He is a friend of his parents.
(b) They are in battle together.
(c) He is an old friend.
(d) They did not meet until Taran showed up at the castle.
4. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
5. What does the King want Taran to stay in his kingdom to be?
(a) His heir.
(b) His companion.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) His advisor.
6. Who is Taran in love with?
(a) A queen.
(b) A princess.
(c) A servant.
(d) An elf.
7. What is so special about the mirror Taran is sent to find?
(a) It reads minds.
(b) It has not been seen in years.
(c) It is enchanted.
(d) It can see all of a person.
8. What is the occupation of the man in Cantrevs who loses his son?
9. What does Taran want from the people he visits first on his quest?
10. What does Taran see around the robber's neck when he awakes in the evil compound?
(a) A phial.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A chain.
(d) A knife.
11. What does Fflewdar tell Taran to do with what was found by the item hid by Kaw?
(a) Take it along with them.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Put it back.
(d) Use it.
12. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
(a) Use an invisibility cloak.
(b) Use camouflaged clothing.
(c) Stooping behind a large boulder.
(d) In a hollow tree.
13. What ruins the fields of Taran's farmer friend?
(a) The fighting between Goryon and Gast.
(b) The trampling of bandits.
(c) A curse of some witches.
(d) A spell of dry weather.
14. How does Taran escape from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) He works them apart with his fingers.
(b) He cuts them on a sharp stone.
(c) Fflewdar Fflam chants a spell that releases them.
(d) Gurgi chews through his ropes.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace?
2. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
3. Who retrieves the item that Kaw stole from Fflewdar?
4. What does Taran want to do for the man who helped him in Cantrevs?
5. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)