|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
2. What does the King want Taran to stay in his kingdom to be?
(a) His companion.
(b) His lawyer.
(c) His heir.
(d) His advisor.
3. What does the robber turn Gurgi into after speaking with Taran in the evil compound?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A squirrell.
(c) A cat.
(d) A mouse.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
5. How does Taran avoid what Morda tries to do to him in the compound?
(a) Does not give Morda direct contact.
(b) Asks if he can choose which animal he becomes.
(c) Thinks of other things besides his goal.
(d) Pretends to be in a haze when he is really still lucid.
6. What causes the enchanted frog to be ill?
(a) Strange dreams.
(b) Constant moisture.
(c) Lack of water.
(d) Rapid growth.
7. What number book in the series is this book?
8. What has been stolen from the Fair Folk?
9. What is the owner of the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam most proud of himself for?
(b) Battle Prowess.
10. What is the name of the man who owns the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam?
11. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
(b) He worries the bandits will come back.
(c) He does not trust the man.
(d) He still needs to find his parents.
12. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
(a) He falls violently ill.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He decides to go back to his castle.
(d) He is shot with an arrow.
13. What else is found in the place where Kaw hides the item he steals from Fflewdar?
(a) A key.
(b) A map.
(c) A shining crystal.
(d) A polished bone in a coffer.
14. What does Taran say is his top priority after all the trouble he faces in Cantrevs?
(a) Getting his horses back.
(b) Retrieving the mirror.
(c) Helping the farmer.
(d) Finding his parents.
15. What does the party find as they take the injured King to a safe place?
(a) A group of bandits.
(b) The missing cows.
(c) Taran's missing horse.
(d) Goryon and Gast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran escape from his ropes in Morda's compound?
2. How does Taran revive the dying creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
3. What is the name of the creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
4. Who goes with Taran on his mission?
5. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)