|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
2. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Breaks Morda's wand.
(b) Releases the other prisoners.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Stabs Morda with a sword.
3. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
(a) The Llawgadarn Mountains.
(b) The Lewellan Meadows.
(c) The Lillydawn Lake.
(d) The Larstredian Caves.
4. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
(a) Turn people into animals.
(b) Live forever.
(c) Read people's minds.
(d) Travel anywhere he wishes without a sound.
5. What does Llylan find in the bushes after Kaw has left?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A cat.
(c) A frog.
(d) A crow.
6. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
(a) In a book.
(b) In a dream.
(c) On his princess.
(d) In Dallben's house.
7. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
(a) Swim the moat.
(b) Climb over the wall.
(c) Run through the fire.
(d) Use an invisibility cloak to cross the field.
8. What does Kaw take from Fllewdar Fflam when he first sees him traveling?
(a) His hat.
(b) His harp.
(c) His rucksack.
(d) His harp key.
9. What kind of creature is Kaw?
10. Who retrieves the item that Kaw stole from Fflewdar?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
11. Where does the first king whom Taran visits with tell him to look on his quest?
(a) The Nunnery in Nuance.
(b) The Elvin Forest.
(c) The Free Commots.
(d) The Dwarvish Caves.
12. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Offers him one of his horses.
(b) Puts a spell on the bandits.
(c) Gives him another sword.
(d) Takes him to his home.
13. What do Goryon and Gast end up going to battle over?
(a) Water rights.
(b) Land boundaries.
(c) A herd of cows.
(d) A woman.
14. What is Taran talking to Morda about just before he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Complete gibberish.
(b) How much he loves his princess.
(c) Becoming a pig.
(d) How he plans to kill Morda.
15. What favor does Taran ask of King Smoit when Goryon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) To pick their punishment.
(b) To take them on a tour of the damage they caused.
(c) To have them killed.
(d) To be hidden from view.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kaw hide the item he stole from Fflewdar when he first sees him traveling?
2. What does Taran do with the gift brought to him by Kaw as he is being led by the enchanted frog?
3. Where is Morda's life force?
4. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
5. What kind of person is the man who stole from the Fair Folk?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)