|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
(a) He is an old friend.
(b) They did not meet until Taran showed up at the castle.
(c) He is a friend of his parents.
(d) They are in battle together.
2. What startling fact does Taran realize about the creature Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) It is a magical eagle.
(b) It tries to tell them something.
(c) It is Doli in an enchanted form.
(d) He dreams about this creature.
3. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
(a) His horse.
(b) His map.
(c) His sword.
(d) His clothes.
4. What is the name of the creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
5. Who breaks the polished bone?
(b) Fflewdar Fflam.
6. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
7. Who is Taran in love with?
(a) An elf.
(b) A princess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A servant.
8. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
9. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Puts a spell on the bandits.
(b) Gives him another sword.
(c) Takes him to his home.
(d) Offers him one of his horses.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
11. What does the party find as they take the injured King to a safe place?
(a) A group of bandits.
(b) Taran's missing horse.
(c) Goryon and Gast.
(d) The missing cows.
12. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He still needs to find his parents.
(b) He worries the bandits will come back.
(c) He does not trust the man.
(d) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
13. What is Taran talking to Morda about just before he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) How he plans to kill Morda.
(b) Complete gibberish.
(c) How much he loves his princess.
(d) Becoming a pig.
14. Who makes Taran's battle horn?
(a) The bards.
(b) The dwarves.
(c) The Fair Folk.
(d) A great wizard.
15. What number book in the series is this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
2. What does Taran refuse to do as he starts to leave Morda's compound?
3. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
4. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
5. Where does Kaw hide the item he stole from Fflewdar when he first sees him traveling?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)