|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) The King trusts Taran's wisdom.
(b) Taran just saved the king's life.
(c) The King owes Taran some money.
(d) Taran offers to pay him in service for the favor.
2. How does Taran revive the dying creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
(a) Finds some food for him.
(b) Gives him some medicine.
(c) Binds up his wounds.
(d) Pours water on him.
3. Who retrieves the item that Kaw stole from Fflewdar?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
4. What is the man who has Taran's horse having trouble with when Taran sees him?
(a) Getting the horse to obey.
(b) Riding the horse.
(c) Feeding the horse.
(d) Taking the saddle off.
5. Where does Taran get his battle horn?
(a) He finds it on the road.
(b) From Dallben.
(c) From his princess.
(d) From King Smoit.
6. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
7. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
(a) He loves the idea.
(b) He is angry about his power being taken.
(c) He is hesitant to try it.
(d) He feels it is not harsh enough.
8. What is the name of the mirror that Taran is seeking?
(a) The Llankshire Mirror.
(b) The Mirror of Llunet.
(c) The Reflector of Lawnabor.
(d) The Mirror of Lunalia.
9. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
(a) His lack of belief in justice.
(b) His bad temper.
(c) His lack of generosity.
(d) His part in the dispute.
10. What kind of creature is Kaw?
11. Who owns the house that Taran stops at after retrieving his horse?
(a) A witch.
(b) A king.
(c) A bard.
(d) A lord.
12. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
(a) His sword.
(b) His horse.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His map.
13. What has been stolen from the Fair Folk?
14. What is the name of the man who owns the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam?
15. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) They find a bridge across the moat.
(b) They use the key found in the tree to open the door.
(c) The wall of thorns throws them in.
(d) The robber opens the door and escorts them in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Taran end up after he leaves the enchantresses?
2. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
3. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
4. What favor does Taran ask of King Smoit when Goryon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
5. How does Taran escape from his ropes in Morda's compound?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)