|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran want to do for the man who helped him in Cantrevs?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Have Dallben bless them.
(c) Stay on and help him.
(d) Protect their land.
2. What does Taran say is his top priority after all the trouble he faces in Cantrevs?
(a) Retrieving the mirror.
(b) Getting his horses back.
(c) Helping the farmer.
(d) Finding his parents.
3. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
4. What is the name of Taran's horse?
5. What do the people Taran visits first on his quest want in return?
(c) Something of value.
6. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Puts a spell on the bandits.
(b) Takes him to his home.
(c) Offers him one of his horses.
(d) Gives him another sword.
7. What does the party find as they take the injured King to a safe place?
(a) A group of bandits.
(b) The missing cows.
(c) Goryon and Gast.
(d) Taran's missing horse.
8. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
9. What does Llylan find in the bushes after Kaw has left?
(a) A cat.
(b) A frog.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A crow.
10. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
11. How does Taran avoid what Morda tries to do to him in the compound?
(a) Does not give Morda direct contact.
(b) Pretends to be in a haze when he is really still lucid.
(c) Thinks of other things besides his goal.
(d) Asks if he can choose which animal he becomes.
12. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
(b) He worries the bandits will come back.
(c) He does not trust the man.
(d) He still needs to find his parents.
13. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Releases the other prisoners.
(c) Breaks Morda's wand.
(d) Stabs Morda with a sword.
14. What do Goryon and Gast end up going to battle over?
(a) A woman.
(b) Water rights.
(c) A herd of cows.
(d) Land boundaries.
15. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace?
(a) Places it on his own necklace.
(b) Keeps it with him, planning to give it to his princess.
(c) Gives it to Doli to give to the Fair Folk.
(d) Buries it with Morda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the creature that Llylan found in the bushes?
2. What is the frog doing when he is turned into a frog?
3. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
4. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
5. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)