|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) They use the key found in the tree to open the door.
(b) They find a bridge across the moat.
(c) The wall of thorns throws them in.
(d) The robber opens the door and escorts them in.
2. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace?
(a) Places it on his own necklace.
(b) Keeps it with him, planning to give it to his princess.
(c) Gives it to Doli to give to the Fair Folk.
(d) Buries it with Morda.
3. What is the man who has Taran's horse having trouble with when Taran sees him?
(a) Getting the horse to obey.
(b) Taking the saddle off.
(c) Riding the horse.
(d) Feeding the horse.
4. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
(a) His bad temper.
(b) His lack of belief in justice.
(c) His part in the dispute.
(d) His lack of generosity.
5. What is so special about the mirror Taran is sent to find?
(a) It is enchanted.
(b) It reads minds.
(c) It can see all of a person.
(d) It has not been seen in years.
6. How does Morda get his life force back?
(a) He hypnotizes Taran.
(b) He knocks it out of Taran's hands.
(c) He summons it to him.
(d) He says a chant that returns it to him.
7. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) They pay double taxes for a year.
(b) They give the cows to King Smoit.
(c) They go to the dungeon for a year.
(d) They repair and replant the farmer's field.
8. What is wrong with the creature that Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) It is starving.
(b) It has many injuries.
(c) It is dying of lack of water.
(d) It is very old.
9. What does the King want Taran to stay in his kingdom to be?
(a) His companion.
(b) His lawyer.
(c) His heir.
(d) His advisor.
10. What does Morda offer to do when Taran tells him he has Morda's life force with him?
(a) Make him a great ruler.
(b) Become Taran's servant.
(c) Change his friends back to their original forms.
(d) Give him great riches.
11. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
12. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
(a) King Smoit.
(b) King Snout.
(c) King Stout.
(d) King Snivle.
13. How does Taran escape from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam chants a spell that releases them.
(b) He cuts them on a sharp stone.
(c) Gurgi chews through his ropes.
(d) He works them apart with his fingers.
14. How does Taran revive the dying creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
(a) Gives him some medicine.
(b) Pours water on him.
(c) Binds up his wounds.
(d) Finds some food for him.
15. Where does Taran end up after he leaves the enchantresses?
(a) The Caves of Cantrevs.
(b) The Valley Cantrevs.
(c) The Cantrevs Mountains.
(d) The Grand Catrevs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Taran get his battle horn?
2. What does Taran want to do for the man who helped him in Cantrevs?
3. What is the name of the man who has Taran's horse after it is stolen?
4. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
5. What has been stolen from the Fair Folk?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)