|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
(a) Use an invisibility cloak.
(b) Use camouflaged clothing.
(c) Stooping behind a large boulder.
(d) In a hollow tree.
2. What does Morda offer to do when Taran tells him he has Morda's life force with him?
(a) Make him a great ruler.
(b) Give him great riches.
(c) Become Taran's servant.
(d) Change his friends back to their original forms.
3. Where does the man with Taran's horse say he got the horse from when Taran confronts him?
(a) A gift from dwarves.
(b) A horse market.
(c) Abandoned in his field.
(d) Stolen from Giants.
4. What is so special about the mirror Taran is sent to find?
(a) It reads minds.
(b) It can see all of a person.
(c) It has not been seen in years.
(d) It is enchanted.
5. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
(a) A phial of light.
(b) The polished bone.
(c) Some nuts and berries.
(d) A map.
6. Where is the king headed at the end of chapter 4?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) The dispute.
(c) His castle.
(d) The house of Dallben.
7. What kind of person is the man who stole from the Fair Folk?
8. What startling fact does Taran realize about the creature Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) It is a magical eagle.
(b) It tries to tell them something.
(c) He dreams about this creature.
(d) It is Doli in an enchanted form.
9. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
10. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) Giving up the fight over cows.
(b) Reparations to the farmer's land.
(c) A year of double taxes.
(d) A year in the dungeon.
11. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
(a) He is a friend of his parents.
(b) They are in battle together.
(c) They did not meet until Taran showed up at the castle.
(d) He is an old friend.
12. What kind of creature is Llylan?
13. After leaving the king's palace, where does Taran make his next stop?
(a) Hill Cantrevs.
(b) The Cantrevs Caves.
(c) Valley Catrevs.
(d) The Cantrevs Plains.
14. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) The wall of thorns throws them in.
(b) The robber opens the door and escorts them in.
(c) They use the key found in the tree to open the door.
(d) They find a bridge across the moat.
15. What is the owner of the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam most proud of himself for?
(b) Battle Prowess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morda put his life force in an object?
2. How does Taran escape from his ropes in Morda's compound?
3. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
4. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
5. What feast is provided for Taran when he enters the house that Fflewdar Fflam is staying at?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)