|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) The old and injured cows.
(b) The bulls.
(c) The prize cows.
(d) One half of the calves.
2. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
(a) His horse.
(b) His sword.
(c) His map.
(d) His clothes.
3. What is wrong with the creature that Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) It is starving.
(b) It is dying of lack of water.
(c) It has many injuries.
(d) It is very old.
4. What does Taran ask of the first king he meets on his quest?
(a) If he knows who his parents are.
(b) If he can borrow some money.
(c) If he can use to library.
(d) If they can rest at his castle for the night.
5. What is the first obstacle met on the way to the evil compound of the robber?
(a) A wall of thorns.
(b) A large and vast field.
(c) A pit of fire.
(d) A raging moat.
6. What kind of creature is Llylan?
7. How does Taran avoid what Morda tries to do to him in the compound?
(a) Thinks of other things besides his goal.
(b) Pretends to be in a haze when he is really still lucid.
(c) Does not give Morda direct contact.
(d) Asks if he can choose which animal he becomes.
8. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
(a) Travel anywhere he wishes without a sound.
(b) Turn people into animals.
(c) Read people's minds.
(d) Live forever.
9. What does Morda offer to do when Taran tells him he has Morda's life force with him?
(a) Change his friends back to their original forms.
(b) Give him great riches.
(c) Make him a great ruler.
(d) Become Taran's servant.
10. What feast is provided for Taran when he enters the house that Fflewdar Fflam is staying at?
(a) Vegetable Stew.
11. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
(a) The Fringe Lands.
(b) The Ranges.
(c) The Meadows of Flamnia.
(d) The Free Commots.
12. Where does the robber get what was hanging around his neck that Taran recognizes?
(a) From the guild of wizards.
(b) He found it in a box in a tree.
(c) From Eilonwy's mother.
(d) As a gift from his mother.
13. What does Taran want from the people he visits first on his quest?
14. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
(a) He is shot with an arrow.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He decides to go back to his castle.
(d) He falls violently ill.
15. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
(a) They did not meet until Taran showed up at the castle.
(b) He is an old friend.
(c) He is a friend of his parents.
(d) They are in battle together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number book in the series is this book?
2. What does the robber turn Gurgi into after speaking with Taran in the evil compound?
3. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
4. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
5. Where does this book take place?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)