|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Taran in love with?
(a) An elf.
(b) A princess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A servant.
2. What happens when Morda dies?
(a) His house begins to melt.
(b) His spells are all undone.
(c) The necklace floats to Taran's hand.
(d) He disappears.
3. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
4. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
5. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Offers him one of his horses.
(b) Takes him to his home.
(c) Gives him another sword.
(d) Puts a spell on the bandits.
6. Who rules the Free Commots?
(b) King Smoit.
(d) A wicked wizard.
7. Where does the first king whom Taran visits with tell him to look on his quest?
(a) The Free Commots.
(b) The Nunnery in Nuance.
(c) The Dwarvish Caves.
(d) The Elvin Forest.
8. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
(a) Some nuts and berries.
(b) A map.
(c) The polished bone.
(d) A phial of light.
9. What kind of creature is Llylan?
10. How does Taran escape from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) He works them apart with his fingers.
(b) He cuts them on a sharp stone.
(c) Fflewdar Fflam chants a spell that releases them.
(d) Gurgi chews through his ropes.
11. What kind of creature is Kaw?
12. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Stabs Morda with a sword.
(b) Releases the other prisoners.
(c) Breaks Morda's wand.
(d) Runs away.
13. What is the name of the creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
14. What number book in the series is this book?
15. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
(a) Rides it.
(b) Feeds him.
(c) Produces papers proving his ownership.
(d) Shows them his insignia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
3. What is so special about the mirror Taran is sent to find?
4. What is the name of the mirror that Taran is seeking?
5. What does Taran ask of the first king he meets on his quest?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)