|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
(b) He does not trust the man.
(c) He worries the bandits will come back.
(d) He still needs to find his parents.
2. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
(a) A phial of light.
(b) A map.
(c) The polished bone.
(d) Some nuts and berries.
3. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
(a) He is shot with an arrow.
(b) He falls violently ill.
(c) He decides to go back to his castle.
(d) He falls off his horse.
4. What is the name of the man who owns the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam?
5. What happens when Morda dies?
(a) The necklace floats to Taran's hand.
(b) His spells are all undone.
(c) His house begins to melt.
(d) He disappears.
6. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace?
(a) Gives it to Doli to give to the Fair Folk.
(b) Buries it with Morda.
(c) Keeps it with him, planning to give it to his princess.
(d) Places it on his own necklace.
7. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Stabs Morda with a sword.
(c) Breaks Morda's wand.
(d) Releases the other prisoners.
8. What does Kaw take from Fllewdar Fflam when he first sees him traveling?
(a) His hat.
(b) His rucksack.
(c) His harp.
(d) His harp key.
9. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
(a) King Snout.
(b) King Snivle.
(c) King Smoit.
(d) King Stout.
10. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
(a) He loves the idea.
(b) He feels it is not harsh enough.
(c) He is hesitant to try it.
(d) He is angry about his power being taken.
11. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) One half of the calves.
(b) The bulls.
(c) The prize cows.
(d) The old and injured cows.
12. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 12 hours.
13. What does Taran ask of the first king he meets on his quest?
(a) If they can rest at his castle for the night.
(b) If he can use to library.
(c) If he knows who his parents are.
(d) If he can borrow some money.
14. Where does Taran end up after he leaves the enchantresses?
(a) The Grand Catrevs.
(b) The Caves of Cantrevs.
(c) The Cantrevs Mountains.
(d) The Valley Cantrevs.
15. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
(a) Live forever.
(b) Turn people into animals.
(c) Read people's minds.
(d) Travel anywhere he wishes without a sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
2. What causes the enchanted frog to be ill?
3. Who goes with Taran on his mission?
4. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
5. What is wrong with the creature that Llylan found in the bushes?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)