|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
2. What is the first obstacle met on the way to the evil compound of the robber?
(a) A wall of thorns.
(b) A pit of fire.
(c) A large and vast field.
(d) A raging moat.
3. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
(a) Say a prayer of thanks.
(b) Help in the fight.
(c) Break the polished bone.
(d) Release the other prisoners.
4. What is the name of the man who owns the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam?
5. What kind of creature is Kaw?
6. What else is found in the place where Kaw hides the item he steals from Fflewdar?
(a) A polished bone in a coffer.
(b) A map.
(c) A shining crystal.
(d) A key.
7. How are Goryon and Gast usually punished for the common battles between each other?
(a) Sent to the dungeons for a while.
(b) They are forced to give public formal apologies to one another.
(c) They are allowed to fight it out.
(d) The goods are confiscated.
8. What is the owner of the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam most proud of himself for?
(a) Battle Prowess.
9. Who owns the house that Taran stops at after retrieving his horse?
(a) A bard.
(b) A king.
(c) A witch.
(d) A lord.
10. How does Taran escape from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam chants a spell that releases them.
(b) Gurgi chews through his ropes.
(c) He works them apart with his fingers.
(d) He cuts them on a sharp stone.
11. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
(a) Swim the moat.
(b) Climb over the wall.
(c) Run through the fire.
(d) Use an invisibility cloak to cross the field.
12. How does Taran avoid what Morda tries to do to him in the compound?
(a) Asks if he can choose which animal he becomes.
(b) Pretends to be in a haze when he is really still lucid.
(c) Thinks of other things besides his goal.
(d) Does not give Morda direct contact.
13. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
14. What kind of creature is Llylan?
15. What is the name of the man who has Taran's horse after it is stolen?
(a) Lord Goryon.
(b) Gronol the Dwarf.
(c) Count Gast.
(d) Grizzle the Wizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran revive the dying creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
2. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
3. How long does Taran travel after leaving the king's palace before making his next stop?
4. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
5. What does the King want Taran to stay in his kingdom to be?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)