Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
2. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
(a) In a book.
(b) In a dream.
(c) On his princess.
(d) In Dallben's house.
3. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
(a) He is angry that it wasn't harsher.
(b) He is very happy and appeased.
(c) He is sad to see men punished so harshly.
(d) He is confused at the justice taking place.
4. What does Taran say is his top priority after all the trouble he faces in Cantrevs?
(a) Getting his horses back.
(b) Retrieving the mirror.
(c) Finding his parents.
(d) Helping the farmer.
5. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
(a) A phial of light.
(b) Some nuts and berries.
(c) A map.
(d) The polished bone.
6. Who rules the Free Commots?
(a) King Smoit.
(d) A wicked wizard.
7. How long does Taran travel after leaving the king's palace before making his next stop?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 30 days.
8. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
(a) The Larstredian Caves.
(b) The Lillydawn Lake.
(c) The Llawgadarn Mountains.
(d) The Lewellan Meadows.
9. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
(a) Climb over the wall.
(b) Use an invisibility cloak to cross the field.
(c) Swim the moat.
(d) Run through the fire.
10. What does the party find as they take the injured King to a safe place?
(a) A group of bandits.
(b) The missing cows.
(c) Taran's missing horse.
(d) Goryon and Gast.
11. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
12. Who owns the house that Taran stops at after retrieving his horse?
(a) A witch.
(b) A lord.
(c) A king.
(d) A bard.
13. Who gives Taran what is stolen from him when he first entered Cantrevs?
(a) A princess.
(b) His mother.
(c) A Lord.
(d) A wizard.
14. What does Morda offer to do when Taran tells him he has Morda's life force with him?
(a) Change his friends back to their original forms.
(b) Give him great riches.
(c) Become Taran's servant.
(d) Make him a great ruler.
15. Where does the man with Taran's horse say he got the horse from when Taran confronts him?
(a) A horse market.
(b) Abandoned in his field.
(c) A gift from dwarves.
(d) Stolen from Giants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
2. What is the frog doing when he is turned into a frog?
3. What is the name of the man who owns the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam?
4. What does Taran refuse to do as he starts to leave Morda's compound?
5. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)