|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rules the Free Commots?
(a) A wicked wizard.
(c) King Smoit.
2. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
3. What is the owner of the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam most proud of himself for?
(a) Battle Prowess.
4. Where does Kaw hide the item he stole from Fflewdar when he first sees him traveling?
(a) In a rabbit hole.
(b) In a thorny bush.
(c) In a hollow tree.
(d) In a river bed.
5. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
(a) Run through the fire.
(b) Use an invisibility cloak to cross the field.
(c) Swim the moat.
(d) Climb over the wall.
6. How does the man with Taran's horse feel about letting Taran keep his horse?
(a) He is jealous and vows to get it back.
(b) He wants Taran to teach him to ride as well.
(c) He offers to pay Taran for the inconvenience.
(d) He is glad to be rid of it.
7. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
(a) The polished bone.
(b) Some nuts and berries.
(c) A phial of light.
(d) A map.
8. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
(a) He falls violently ill.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He is shot with an arrow.
(d) He decides to go back to his castle.
9. What is the frog doing when he is turned into a frog?
(a) Trying to find the stolen jewels.
(b) Sleeping in a hollow tree.
(c) Stealing from the Fair Folk.
(d) Eating some nuts and berries.
10. Who makes Taran's battle horn?
(a) A great wizard.
(b) The Fair Folk.
(c) The dwarves.
(d) The bards.
11. What does Kaw take from Fllewdar Fflam when he first sees him traveling?
(a) His harp key.
(b) His rucksack.
(c) His hat.
(d) His harp.
12. What does Fflewdar tell Taran to do with what was found by the item hid by Kaw?
(a) Use it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Take it along with them.
(d) Put it back.
13. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace?
(a) Places it on his own necklace.
(b) Buries it with Morda.
(c) Gives it to Doli to give to the Fair Folk.
(d) Keeps it with him, planning to give it to his princess.
14. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) They use the key found in the tree to open the door.
(b) They find a bridge across the moat.
(c) The robber opens the door and escorts them in.
(d) The wall of thorns throws them in.
15. What number book in the series is this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the king headed at the end of chapter 4?
2. What does Taran refuse to do as he starts to leave Morda's compound?
3. What is the first obstacle met on the way to the evil compound of the robber?
4. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
5. What does Morda offer to do when Taran tells him he has Morda's life force with him?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)