|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taran escape from his ropes in Morda's compound?
(a) Gurgi chews through his ropes.
(b) Fflewdar Fflam chants a spell that releases them.
(c) He cuts them on a sharp stone.
(d) He works them apart with his fingers.
2. Who attacks Morda as Morda tries to kill Taran?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
3. Where does Taran get his battle horn?
(a) From Dallben.
(b) He finds it on the road.
(c) From his princess.
(d) From King Smoit.
4. What startling fact does Taran realize about the creature Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) It is Doli in an enchanted form.
(b) It tries to tell them something.
(c) He dreams about this creature.
(d) It is a magical eagle.
5. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
(b) He does not trust the man.
(c) He still needs to find his parents.
(d) He worries the bandits will come back.
6. Who rescues the King from the water?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
7. What is the name of the creature found in the bushes by Llylan?
8. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
9. What kind of person is the man who stole from the Fair Folk?
10. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
11. What is the frog doing when he is turned into a frog?
(a) Trying to find the stolen jewels.
(b) Eating some nuts and berries.
(c) Sleeping in a hollow tree.
(d) Stealing from the Fair Folk.
12. Where does the first king whom Taran visits with tell him to look on his quest?
(a) The Elvin Forest.
(b) The Free Commots.
(c) The Dwarvish Caves.
(d) The Nunnery in Nuance.
13. How does the man with Taran's horse feel about letting Taran keep his horse?
(a) He is glad to be rid of it.
(b) He offers to pay Taran for the inconvenience.
(c) He wants Taran to teach him to ride as well.
(d) He is jealous and vows to get it back.
14. What happens to the person who used to own the item hanging from the robber's neck?
(a) She dies.
(b) She tranforms herself.
(c) She is thrown into prison.
(d) She becomes a queen.
15. What favor does Taran ask of King Smoit when Goryon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) To have them killed.
(b) To take them on a tour of the damage they caused.
(c) To be hidden from view.
(d) To pick their punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the finest treasure that the owner of the house where Fflewdar Fflam is found has?
2. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
3. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
4. What is the occupation of the man in Cantrevs who loses his son?
5. What is the name of the man who commits the robbery from the Fair Folk?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)