|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Fair Folk have disappear in search of what is stolen from them?
2. What is the name of the mirror that Taran is seeking?
(a) The Reflector of Lawnabor.
(b) The Mirror of Lunalia.
(c) The Mirror of Llunet.
(d) The Llankshire Mirror.
3. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
(a) He falls off his horse.
(b) He is shot with an arrow.
(c) He decides to go back to his castle.
(d) He falls violently ill.
4. How long do the travelers wait for the person sent to find the correct entrance to the evil compound of the robbers?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 3 hours.
5. How does Morda get his life force back?
(a) He summons it to him.
(b) He says a chant that returns it to him.
(c) He hypnotizes Taran.
(d) He knocks it out of Taran's hands.
6. How long does Taran travel after leaving the king's palace before making his next stop?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
7. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
(a) The polished bone.
(b) A map.
(c) Some nuts and berries.
(d) A phial of light.
8. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
(a) In Dallben's house.
(b) On his princess.
(c) In a book.
(d) In a dream.
9. Where does the robber get what was hanging around his neck that Taran recognizes?
(a) From the guild of wizards.
(b) He found it in a box in a tree.
(c) As a gift from his mother.
(d) From Eilonwy's mother.
10. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
(c) Fflewdar Fflam.
11. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
(a) His lack of belief in justice.
(b) His bad temper.
(c) His lack of generosity.
(d) His part in the dispute.
12. What does Taran do with the gift brought to him by Kaw as he is being led by the enchanted frog?
(a) He faints.
(b) He keeps it.
(c) He cries in gratitude.
(d) He pretends to eat them, then throws them away.
13. What kind of person is the man who stole from the Fair Folk?
14. What does Taran want from the people he visits first on his quest?
15. Where does Taran suggest the king goes after he is rescued?
(a) Dallben's home.
(b) Lord Gast's palace.
(c) The farmer's house.
(d) His own castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Goryon and Gast usually punished for the common battles between each other?
2. What does Morda offer to do when Taran tells him he has Morda's life force with him?
3. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
4. What is the owner of the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam most proud of himself for?
5. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)