|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, The Spoilers,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the crippled man Taran meets at the rocky area?
2. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
(a) He wants an explanation for the lie.
(b) He wastes the one call on the battle horn.
(c) He never hears the whole true story.
(d) He loses his father.
3. What is so special about the mirror Taran is sent to find?
(a) It has not been seen in years.
(b) It can see all of a person.
(c) It reads minds.
(d) It is enchanted.
4. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
(a) Rides it.
(b) Feeds him.
(c) Shows them his insignia.
(d) Produces papers proving his ownership.
5. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
(a) He sends Gurgi to fetch Dallben.
(b) He summons Dallben to him with his ring.
(c) He sings a chant that Doli taught him.
(d) The battle horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
2. How does Morda get his life force back?
3. After leaving the king's palace, where does Taran make his next stop?
4. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
5. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)