|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) They go to the dungeon for a year.
(b) They give the cows to King Smoit.
(c) They pay double taxes for a year.
(d) They repair and replant the farmer's field.
2. What kind of person is the man who stole from the Fair Folk?
3. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
(a) They are in battle together.
(b) He is a friend of his parents.
(c) He is an old friend.
(d) They did not meet until Taran showed up at the castle.
4. How does Taran come to live where he does at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is given as a payment.
(b) His parents live there.
(c) He is stolen.
(d) He is left there by his parents.
5. How does Taran avoid what Morda tries to do to him in the compound?
(a) Does not give Morda direct contact.
(b) Asks if he can choose which animal he becomes.
(c) Thinks of other things besides his goal.
(d) Pretends to be in a haze when he is really still lucid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran escape from his ropes in Morda's compound?
2. Why is Taran so angry about the shepherd's death?
3. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
4. Who owns what the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
5. Who attacks Morda as Morda tries to kill Taran?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)