|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran do to try and avoid having Dorath and his men join the quest?
(a) Sneak away in the night.
(b) Talk down about the treasure.
(c) Lie to him about his destination.
(d) Tell him of all the danger they will meet.
2. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
(a) He sings a chant that Doli taught him.
(b) He summons Dallben to him with his ring.
(c) He sends Gurgi to fetch Dallben.
(d) The battle horn.
3. What else is found in the place where Kaw hides the item he steals from Fflewdar?
(a) A map.
(b) A polished bone in a coffer.
(c) A key.
(d) A shining crystal.
4. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
(a) News of his homeland.
(b) A written promise of fidelity.
(c) Payment for the food he ate.
(d) A share of the treasure.
5. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
(a) He is hesitant to try it.
(b) He loves the idea.
(c) He is angry about his power being taken.
(d) He feels it is not harsh enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran want to do for the man who helped him in Cantrevs?
2. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
3. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
4. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
5. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)