|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man who helps Taran in Cantrevs lose his son?
(a) He is imprisoned for murder.
(b) He dies in a battle with bandits.
(c) He is stolen as a baby.
(d) He dies in war.
2. What kind of creature is Kaw?
3. What does Taran try to do when he is saved from Morda's attack?
(a) Break the polished bone.
(b) Release the other prisoners.
(c) Help in the fight.
(d) Say a prayer of thanks.
4. What does Taran do with the gift brought to him by Kaw as he is being led by the enchanted frog?
(a) He keeps it.
(b) He faints.
(c) He pretends to eat them, then throws them away.
(d) He cries in gratitude.
5. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
(b) He hates the Free Commot folk.
(c) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(d) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morda put his life force in an object?
2. Where is the enchanted mirror supposed to be?
3. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
4. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
5. What is the first obstacle met on the way to the evil compound of the robber?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)