|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Morda's life force?
(a) In the necklace.
(b) In his wand.
(c) In a shining jewel.
(d) In the polished bone.
2. What do the travelers decide to do when the person sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of robbers does not return?
(a) Use an invisibility cloak to cross the field.
(b) Climb over the wall.
(c) Run through the fire.
(d) Swim the moat.
3. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
(a) He loves the idea.
(b) He feels it is not harsh enough.
(c) He is hesitant to try it.
(d) He is angry about his power being taken.
4. How does Taran try to get help for the shepherd before he dies?
(a) He summons Dallben to him with his ring.
(b) He sends Gurgi to fetch Dallben.
(c) He sings a chant that Doli taught him.
(d) The battle horn.
5. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
(a) Rides it.
(b) Produces papers proving his ownership.
(c) Shows them his insignia.
(d) Feeds him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the house that Taran stops at after retrieving his horse?
2. Where is the king headed at the end of chapter 4?
3. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
4. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
5. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)