|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
(a) King Smoit.
(b) King Stout.
(c) King Snout.
(d) King Snivle.
2. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
(a) He is angry about his power being taken.
(b) He loves the idea.
(c) He feels it is not harsh enough.
(d) He is hesitant to try it.
3. What is wrong with the creature that Llylan found in the bushes?
(a) It is very old.
(b) It is starving.
(c) It is dying of lack of water.
(d) It has many injuries.
4. Who owns the house that Taran stops at after retrieving his horse?
(a) A witch.
(b) A lord.
(c) A king.
(d) A bard.
5. Where does the robber get what was hanging around his neck that Taran recognizes?
(a) From Eilonwy's mother.
(b) As a gift from his mother.
(c) He found it in a box in a tree.
(d) From the guild of wizards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the frog doing when he is turned into a frog?
2. What does Morda try to do to Taran in the compound?
3. What does Taran do when he escapes from his ropes in Morda's compound?
4. What do the people Taran visits first on his quest want in return?
5. Where is the enchanted frog trying to lead Taran when he becomes ill?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)