|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
(a) King Smoit.
(b) King Snivle.
(c) King Stout.
(d) King Snout.
2. Where does Fflewdar Fflam go at the end of the winter?
(a) With Taran on his journey.
(b) To his own land.
(c) To Cair Dallben.
(d) To the Free Commots.
3. Why does Doli separate from the group as the rest travel on?
(a) He wants to avoid danger and trouble.
(b) He wants to tell his people that Morda is dead.
(c) He wants to get the stone into safe keeping.
(d) He hates the Free Commot folk.
4. What happens to the shepherd's son?
(a) He is given to Dallben one spring morning.
(b) He dies with his mother.
(c) He is given to a nobleman as payment for rent.
(d) He is stolen by a wizard.
5. Where does the man with Taran's horse say he got the horse from when Taran confronts him?
(a) Stolen from Giants.
(b) A horse market.
(c) Abandoned in his field.
(d) A gift from dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first king whom Taran visits with tell him to look on his quest?
2. What does Taran refuse to do as he starts to leave Morda's compound?
3. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
4. What is the name of the man who has Taran's horse after it is stolen?
5. What do the people Taran visits first on his quest want in return?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)