|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Goryon and Gast end up going to battle over?
(a) A herd of cows.
(b) Land boundaries.
(c) Water rights.
(d) A woman.
2. What causes the enchanted frog to be ill?
(a) Rapid growth.
(b) Constant moisture.
(c) Strange dreams.
(d) Lack of water.
3. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
(a) He is very happy and appeased.
(b) He is confused at the justice taking place.
(c) He is angry that it wasn't harsher.
(d) He is sad to see men punished so harshly.
4. Who rules the Free Commots?
(a) A wicked wizard.
(c) King Smoit.
5. What ruins the fields of Taran's farmer friend?
(a) The trampling of bandits.
(b) The fighting between Goryon and Gast.
(c) A curse of some witches.
(d) A spell of dry weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first king that Taran visits on his quest?
2. What is taken from Taran as he enters Cantrevs?
3. Where does Taran end up after he leaves the enchantresses?
4. What does Taran ask his master for permission to do at the beginning of this book?
5. What keeps Taran from helping the shepherd get up from the rocky ledge one day?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)