|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the travelers find at the rocky area after leaving Dorath's camp?
(a) A rucksack of food.
(c) A sword.
(d) A lamb.
2. What favor does Taran ask of King Smoit when Goryon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) To be hidden from view.
(b) To have them killed.
(c) To take them on a tour of the damage they caused.
(d) To pick their punishment.
3. What ruins the fields of Taran's farmer friend?
(a) The trampling of bandits.
(b) A curse of some witches.
(c) A spell of dry weather.
(d) The fighting between Goryon and Gast.
4. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
(a) Provide a traveling bridge.
(b) Catch things floating down the river.
(c) Give him safe passage across the river.
(d) Power the mill that grinds his wheat.
5. What is the name of the man who has Taran's horse after it is stolen?
(a) Grizzle the Wizard.
(b) Lord Goryon.
(c) Gronol the Dwarf.
(d) Count Gast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran want to do for the man who helped him in Cantrevs?
2. What news does an urgent Gurgi bring Taran one day at the end of the summer?
3. Who breaks the polished bone?
4. What feast is provided for Taran when he enters the house that Fflewdar Fflam is staying at?
5. Where does Taran stay for the winter?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)