|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorath tell Taran he wants before he will let Taran go?
(a) A written promise of fidelity.
(b) News of his homeland.
(c) Payment for the food he ate.
(d) A share of the treasure.
2. What does the party find as they take the injured King to a safe place?
(a) A group of bandits.
(b) Taran's missing horse.
(c) Goryon and Gast.
(d) The missing cows.
3. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) The old and injured cows.
(b) The prize cows.
(c) One half of the calves.
(d) The bulls.
4. What do Goryon and Gast end up going to battle over?
(a) Land boundaries.
(b) A herd of cows.
(c) A woman.
(d) Water rights.
5. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(b) Calls in a second man to help him.
(c) Takes a rest.
(d) Brings out a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
2. What is wrong with the creature that Llylan found in the bushes?
3. What else is found in the place where Kaw hides the item he steals from Fflewdar?
4. What does Dorath do to ensure his involvement in Taran's quest?
5. Where does Taran stay for the winter?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)