|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Weir,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the device in the river used to do for the farmer and his family?
(a) Give him safe passage across the river.
(b) Provide a traveling bridge.
(c) Power the mill that grinds his wheat.
(d) Catch things floating down the river.
2. What is the name of Taran's horse?
3. What is the name of the man who commits the robbery from the Fair Folk?
4. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Offers him one of his horses.
(b) Gives him another sword.
(c) Puts a spell on the bandits.
(d) Takes him to his home.
5. Why does Morda put his life force in an object?
(a) To immortalize him.
(b) To start a war.
(c) To practice his new powers.
(d) To protect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the crippled man give his child to when he can no longer care for it?
2. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
3. What do Goryon and Gast end up going to battle over?
4. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
5. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)