|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The End of Summer,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran refuse to do as he starts to leave Morda's compound?
(a) Allow his friends to die.
(b) Betray his friends.
(c) Kill Morda.
(d) Give up his secrets.
2. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
(a) The prize cows.
(b) One half of the calves.
(c) The old and injured cows.
(d) The bulls.
3. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
(a) He admires the physical tenacity it requires.
(b) He loves the peace and serenity of it.
(c) He feels it is beneath him, but likes it.
(d) He does not like it.
4. What is Dorath's occupation?
(c) Sword for hire.
5. Where does the man with Taran's horse say he got the horse from when Taran confronts him?
(a) A horse market.
(b) A gift from dwarves.
(c) Stolen from Giants.
(d) Abandoned in his field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first king whom Taran visits with tell him to look on his quest?
2. What does Morda try to do to Taran in the compound?
3. What else is found in the place where Kaw hides the item he steals from Fflewdar?
4. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
5. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)