|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The End of Summer,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the item hanging around the robber's neck allow him to do?
(a) Turn people into animals.
(b) Read people's minds.
(c) Live forever.
(d) Travel anywhere he wishes without a sound.
2. What do the people Taran visits first on his quest want in return?
(d) Something of value.
3. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Puts a spell on the bandits.
(b) Gives him another sword.
(c) Takes him to his home.
(d) Offers him one of his horses.
4. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) The King trusts Taran's wisdom.
(b) Taran offers to pay him in service for the favor.
(c) The King owes Taran some money.
(d) Taran just saved the king's life.
5. Who breaks the polished bone?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran want the messenger to ask Dallben about while he stays with the shepherd?
2. How does Taran feel about living the life of a shepherd?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the travelers who first approaches the evil compound of the robber?
4. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
5. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)