|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Wall of Thorns,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Takes him to his home.
(b) Offers him one of his horses.
(c) Puts a spell on the bandits.
(d) Gives him another sword.
2. What else is found in the place where Kaw hides the item he steals from Fflewdar?
(a) A shining crystal.
(b) A polished bone in a coffer.
(c) A map.
(d) A key.
3. What favor does Taran ask of King Smoit when Goryon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) To be hidden from view.
(b) To take them on a tour of the damage they caused.
(c) To pick their punishment.
(d) To have them killed.
4. How do the travelers finally get into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) The robber opens the door and escorts them in.
(b) They find a bridge across the moat.
(c) The wall of thorns throws them in.
(d) They use the key found in the tree to open the door.
5. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
(a) Stooping behind a large boulder.
(b) In a hollow tree.
(c) Use camouflaged clothing.
(d) Use an invisibility cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Taran want to talk to on his first stop on his quest?
2. What is Taran's occupation?
3. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
4. Where does this book take place?
5. How long does Taran travel after leaving the king's palace before making his next stop?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)