|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Wall of Thorns,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) They pay double taxes for a year.
(b) They repair and replant the farmer's field.
(c) They go to the dungeon for a year.
(d) They give the cows to King Smoit.
2. What does the man who loses his son do for Taran when he first enters Cantrevs?
(a) Offers him one of his horses.
(b) Puts a spell on the bandits.
(c) Gives him another sword.
(d) Takes him to his home.
3. Who is sent to find the correct entrance into the evil compound of the robber?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
4. What happens as the king nears the scene of the dispute between Gast and Goryon?
(a) He falls off his horse.
(b) He falls violently ill.
(c) He is shot with an arrow.
(d) He decides to go back to his castle.
5. Where is the enchanted frog trying to lead Taran when he becomes ill?
(a) The main road to Ithilia.
(b) The site of the buried jewels.
(c) His own home.
(d) The robber's compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
2. What does Taran ask his master for permission to do at the beginning of this book?
3. Who retrieves the item that Kaw stole from Fflewdar?
4. What startling fact does Taran realize about the creature Llylan found in the bushes?
5. What feast is provided for Taran when he enters the house that Fflewdar Fflam is staying at?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)