|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Wall of Thorns,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
(a) He worries the bandits will come back.
(b) He does not trust the man.
(c) He still needs to find his parents.
(d) He has limited time to fulfill his quest.
2. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
(a) He is very happy and appeased.
(b) He is confused at the justice taking place.
(c) He is angry that it wasn't harsher.
(d) He is sad to see men punished so harshly.
3. How does the king feel about the suggestion of punishing Gast and Goryon in a different way than usual for this dispute?
(a) He loves the idea.
(b) He is angry about his power being taken.
(c) He feels it is not harsh enough.
(d) He is hesitant to try it.
4. What is the frog doing when he is turned into a frog?
(a) Stealing from the Fair Folk.
(b) Trying to find the stolen jewels.
(c) Eating some nuts and berries.
(d) Sleeping in a hollow tree.
5. What does Taran ask of the first king he meets on his quest?
(a) If he can borrow some money.
(b) If he can use to library.
(c) If he knows who his parents are.
(d) If they can rest at his castle for the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Taran seen what is hanging around the robber's neck before?
2. Who accompanies the king to help with the dispute between Goryon and Gast?
3. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
4. How does the man who helps Taran in Cantrevs lose his son?
5. Where does the robber get what was hanging around his neck that Taran recognizes?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)